PDA

View Full Version : MB's strategy for remainder of offseason (revised)

Marcus Bryant
08-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Sign and trade: Barry for Sprewell
Sign McKie for remainder of MLE or full LLE
Sign Evans or Jones for remainder of MLE or full LLE

Then the Spurs' perimeter would look like:

Starters
1 Parker
2 Ginobili
3 Bowen

Bench
1 Udrih
2/3 Brown
2/3 McKie
2/3 Sprewell

IR
1 vet point
2/3 Evans or Jones

Minutes breakdown:
1 Parker 34
1 Udrih 14
2 Ginobili 30
2 Sprewell 10
2 Brown 8
3 Bowen 28
3 McKie 10
3 Sprewell 8
3 Brown 2

This would give the Spurs an experienced, defensive-oriented perimeter. They would lose a little in the 'pure shooter' department with the departure of Barry, but this would be a group that fits Spurs Basketball to a T. If the Spurs offer McKie the remainder of the MLE then they would be able to offer the same level of contract that the Lakers have reportedly offered McKie. Defense Wins Championships plus I think Sprewell's scoring ability would help out significantly coming off the bench.

Sprewell is dumped on a little too much in the forum. As a starter logging 30+ minutes a night, yes, makes Sprewell unattractive. But coming off the bench for under 20 minutes a night would make him a great fit in SA. He's a great athlete.

Brown's minutes would be reduced, but his options are limited thanks to his restricted free agent status. Overall, this would give the Spurs a great swingman rotation and it would stay true to the Spurs' philosophy moreso than retaining Barry.

benjirh
08-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Sprewell doesn't want that. I'll take a good locker room guy who can shoot the three over sprewell any day.

Leetonidas
08-21-2005, 11:46 AM
No way I'd trade Devin Brown for an aging, washed-up piece of shit.

spurster
08-21-2005, 12:30 PM
The Spurs need good 3-point shooting to keep defenses from collapsing on TD in the post and TP and Manu driving into the lane. The Spurs should keep Brent.

Spurminator
08-21-2005, 12:36 PM
I prefer having Brent in case we need him to play the point for whatever reason. I'm interested to see how he looks in the first few months of the season.

Marcus Bryant
08-21-2005, 02:46 PM
No way I'd trade Devin Brown for an aging, washed-up piece of shit.

That's why I'd trade Barry for him.

Sprewell isn't as bad as some of you think, especially when compared to Barry.

Mr. Body
08-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Utterly stupid. Barry is far more versatile than Spreewell is and I, along with many here, expect a larger role for him next year. He needs the ball in his hands to start an offense, and I think Pop recognizes that. Watch Udrih slide more into a SG role in some sets. Barry gives the second string some real dynamism on offense.

Spreewell you can sign outright. Why the hell would you trade a valuable, great locker room guy with some talent for him? Utterly, utterly brainless.

mrpach
08-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Barry's basquetball IQ is way over Spree's

exstatic
08-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Roster spots 11 and 12 left:

resign devin/sign Maurice Evans

sign James Jones

I doubt the Spurs will carry extras on IR with the tax situation being what it is.

Marcus Bryant
08-21-2005, 04:33 PM
Utterly stupid. Barry is far more versatile than Spreewell is and I, along with many here, expect a larger role for him next year.

Excellent. Then when he craters in the postseason again he'll hurt the team even more. Fucking awesome idea.

He needs the ball in his hands to start an offense, and I think Pop recognizes that.

Awesome. He needs the ball more to be effective. Giving an ineffective player more touches. If there is a better way to reduce the efficiency of the offense I've yet to see it.

Watch Udrih slide more into a SG role in some sets. Barry gives the second string some real dynamism on offense.

Too bad Barry decided not to display that in the postseason. What is stupid is holding out hope for regular season wonders to perform when it is winning time.

Spreewell you can sign outright.

Not necessarily, considering the limited cap flexibility the Spurs have left.

Why the hell would you trade a valuable, great locker room guy with some talent for him? Utterly, utterly brainless.

"Brainless" is thinking that Barry is that valuable. Even you can't possibly be that fucking stupid. Think Pop would think twice about dumping Barry for Spree? Get some fucking idea of Barry's true worth.

Marcus Bryant
08-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Barry's basquetball IQ is way over Spree's

Yeah, those negroes don't know how to think.

MannyIsGod
08-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Um, I dont know what post season you watched, but Barry did not crater. He played better in the post season.

Trading Barry for Spree is a step backwards.

Marcus Bryant
08-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Barry sucked hard in the playoffs. Only a homer would think otherwise. Pop had to yank his ass early in a couple of games.

MannyIsGod
08-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Well, I guess only a homer who looks at the stats and notices a markable increase across the board woudl think he cratered in the playoffs. Call me a homer!

No one said he played awesome in every game, but he played well in the playoffs and very well in the last game of the year.

Mr. Body
08-21-2005, 05:47 PM

Congratulations for the most worthless comment of the month, MB. You're getting pissy because universally people are condemning your ideas as idiotic. Barry played well in the playoffs, better as they went along. His percentages all went up in the playoffs. His ballhandling was timely against Detroit.

Duff McCartney
08-21-2005, 05:50 PM
What the hell is this shit? The Spurs main problem the past few years has been shooting and people not being able to make their shots. Then you wanna trade somebody who is a shooter? Give me a break.

Lose a little in shooting? Shit the Spurs have never had shooting. Losing any shooting is a huge step backwards.

Marcus Bryant
08-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I suppose I'm catching up with you in that department. If Barry's skin color was a darker shade none of these people would give two flips about his allegedly wonderful game.

If you can't stand my tone, tone down yours. And offer an idea for a change. But I guess that's hard seeing as how you're perpetually out of them.

Marcus Bryant
08-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Where was Barry's great shooting in the Seattle series? In the Pistons series he got so scared Pop had to take him off the floor.

Mr. Body
08-21-2005, 05:56 PM
Yeah, I suppose I'm catching up with you in that department. If Barry's skin color was a darker shade none of these people would give two flips about his allegedly wonderful game.

If you can't stand my tone, tone down yours. And offer an idea for a change. But I guess that's hard seeing as how you're perpetually out of them.

Your racism is really tiresome, especially trotting out that kind of stupid statement when your argument holds no water at all. It's not productive and it amounts to an ad hominum attack on the entire board. I wonder you don't get a reprimand. I know I don't appreciate it.

I'm not offering an idea here because I'm busy - along with everyone else - with ripping yours down. There is no one on the planet with the exception of you and maybe Spreewell who would make that trade. It's plain idiocy. Barry is a more versatile player than Spreewell, who was a good scorer in this league, though his production is dropping.

Tone down the racism. It's making a complete and utter tool out of you.

SequSpur
08-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Brent Barry trade?

You're fucking high as usual.

Zan the Fan
08-21-2005, 06:00 PM
I thought Barry was pretty useful as a pawn for Pop to tinker with. Place him in starter's role for Manu to explode off the bench then have him try a little too much against Seattle (Horry vs. Lakers style) then he was big against Phoenix and routinely handled the rock against Detroit rather than Udrih and at times Parker.

Why throw a first year Spur under the bus so fast for playing pretty well in his first Finals ever?? Barry's like a fine wine baby, only gonna get better with age.

:duck

mrpach
08-21-2005, 06:31 PM

You know i dindt mean that,
barry is sg/pg, his passing is way better and his desition making in court because thats job

Taking it to the Hole
08-21-2005, 06:33 PM
Guys, you are all getting angry with hypotheticals. Calm down. It's not like any of what Marcus said is going to happen. We all know Sprewell isn't coming here. We all know Barry isn't going anywhere, unless he really screws up this season, but that is a long time from now. So everybody just relax and take a chill pill! Life is good. We are the world champions!

cherylsteele
08-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Where was Barry's great shooting in the Seattle series? In the Pistons series he got so scared Pop had to take him off the floor.

Where was Sprewell's clutch playoff......oh wait he was trying to feed his family.....and he never made the playoffs, in fact he hurt a championship contender just from just the year before.

He is a cancer.....not a team player, Brent is...that is what makes him a better fit for the Spurs.

Your racial comments need to be halted.

TD is a smarter B-Ball player....and his is black......preferring Brent over Spree is better.

Mr. Body
08-21-2005, 06:41 PM
TittH: We all know nobody would trade Barry for Sprewell. That's not the issue. The issue is that some guy on this board basically says he would make this trade in the ungodly instance he somehow got a hold of the GM phones. The rest of us, terrified that he might be so unhinged to actually steal Pop or Buford's cell phone and/or email account access and bust this trade through, want to make it abundantly clear what an awful, ridiculously awful idea this is. We're sticking red flags around the mound of shit.

Rubberducky
08-21-2005, 07:00 PM
The issue is that some guy on this board basically says he would make this trade in the ungodly instance he somehow got a hold of the GM phones. The rest of us, terrified that he might be so unhinged to actually steal Pop or Buford's cell phone and/or email account access and bust this trade through, want to make it abundantly clear what an awful, ridiculously awful idea this is.

:lol

KEVIN78250
08-21-2005, 07:31 PM
I Would Send Beno Instead Of Barry, You Could Have Barry Run The Point

Samr
08-21-2005, 07:32 PM
I Would Not Touch Beno At All. I Think The Guy Has A Lot Of Potential And Will Be A Steady Backup For Years To Come.

Marcus Bryant
08-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Your racism is really tiresome, especially trotting out that kind of stupid statement when your argument holds no water at all. It's not productive and it amounts to an ad hominum attack on the entire board. I wonder you don't get a reprimand. I know I don't appreciate it.

My "racism"? Barry's game isn't worth the hype he gets in here. Period. Barry's always been overhyped, primarily because he's the white boy with a smidgen of hops.

I'm not offering an idea here because I'm busy - along with everyone else - with ripping yours down. There is no one on the planet with the exception of you and maybe Spreewell who would make that trade. It's plain idiocy. Barry is a more versatile player than Spreewell, who was a good scorer in this league, though his production is dropping.

You don't have any ideas. All you can do is try to piss on someone else's because you are a bitter ass and you're scared.

And Barry's production hasn't slipped in the L? Get real.

Tone down the racism. It's making a complete and utter tool out of you.

Ha. I'm making use of my tool: you.

Rubberducky
08-21-2005, 07:43 PM
I Would Not Touch Beno At All. I Think The Guy Has A Lot Of Potential And Will Be A Steady Backup For Years To Come.
like music to my ears. he could be a monster if pop gives him more minutes. putting Beno an Manu in together could be a lot more effective than with a Manu and Sprewell combo.

I Would Send Beno Instead Of Barry
that slays me.

smeagol
08-21-2005, 07:53 PM

I would not do that trade.

Gummi
08-21-2005, 08:25 PM
That's so far from the reality. First of all, Spreewell would never ever ever ever come and play for any team for 8-10 mins a night. Commom. Also, why in the world would either Jones or Evens come here and be happy on the inactive list when they could get lots of playing time with other teams? If you haven't noticed before, San Antonio isn't really a hotbed for free agents that are under the age of 35. Players aren't lining up to sign with us. And also one thing, the Spurs aren't going to sign either Jones or Evens if they'll re-sign Brown.

This team of yours is so far from the reality it's not even funny. McKie is another ? signing of yours. The Spurs aren't like the Lakers, collecting swing players. Why do we need Manu, Bowen, Brown, Spree, McKie, and Jones/Evans?

The swing man rotation will most likely be Manu, Bowen, Barry, Brown and Robinson. Or no Robinson or Brown then Evans or Jones.

Sorry Bryant; this will never happen.

Rubberducky
08-21-2005, 08:37 PM
I think we should:

-Screw Sprewell
-Re-Sign Brown
-Sign Mckie: I don't know why everyone is shitting on him. He fills the role of back-up SF, can play defense, has good longe-range shooting, and would not complain about $$$ or PT.

Gummi
08-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Sprewell is a headcase. You never know what he's going to do next. Look how he and Cassell ruined the team chemestry before last season.

McKie is a player that every team would love to have. A pure professional. I wouldn't mind signing him if Glenn Robinson isn't going to return.

spurster
08-21-2005, 08:54 PM
I would agree Spree > Brent everything else being equal, but the Spurs need outside shooting that plays off their inside game. Brent provides that better than Spree. Even when Brent sucked, other teams didn't want to leave him open.

Duff McCartney
08-21-2005, 09:23 PM
If MB was the Spurs GM...he'd want to sign this guy based on his skin.....

http://web.newsguy.com/tcbelvis/halloween/halloween_soulman.jpg

Marcus Bryant
08-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Duff is obviously in thrall of Barry's "surprising athleticism"...

Cant_Be_Faded
08-21-2005, 10:20 PM
marcus im going to have to disagree with you here

spreewell is not San Antonio Spurs material...

z0sa
08-22-2005, 01:07 AM
wow why we arguing about skin color? theres no reason to bring stuff like this up. if you want to express your political and social views then you should do it in another more appropriate forum, not while we're talking about basketball. that's just disrepecting the game.

anyway, I personally love sprewell, but he wouldn't fit on the Spurs. He needs at least 20 minutes playing time, he likes to shoot the midrange shot which the spurs need 3pt shooting, and hes the type you might call a chemistry killer. I think Barry just is more fit for the spurs inside-out type gameplay.

Horry For 3!
08-22-2005, 02:36 AM
Sign McKie for remainder of MLE or full LLE
Sign Evans or Jones for remainder of MLE or full LLE

Then the Spurs' perimeter would look like:

Starters
1 Parker
2 Ginobili
3 Bowen

Bench
1 Udrih
2/3 Brown
2/3 McKie
2/3 Sprewell

IR
1 vet point
2/3 Evans or Jones

Minutes breakdown:
1 Parker 34
1 Udrih 14
2 Ginobili 30
2 Sprewell 10
2 Brown 8
3 Bowen 28
3 McKie 10
3 Sprewell 8
3 Brown 2

This would give the Spurs an experienced, defensive-oriented perimeter. They would lose a little in the 'pure shooter' department with the departure of Barry, but this would be a group that fits Spurs Basketball to a T. If the Spurs offer McKie the remainder of the MLE then they would be able to offer the same level of contract that the Lakers have reportedly offered McKie. Defense Wins Championships plus I think Sprewell's scoring ability would help out significantly coming off the bench.

Sprewell is dumped on a little too much in the forum. As a starter logging 30+ minutes a night, yes, makes Sprewell unattractive. But coming off the bench for under 20 minutes a night would make him a great fit in SA. He's a great athlete.

Brown's minutes would be reduced, but his options are limited thanks to his restricted free agent status. Overall, this would give the Spurs a great swingman rotation and it would stay true to the Spurs' philosophy moreso than retaining Barry.
Sprewell? :bang I don't care if he is better than everyone. I can't fucking stand the guy. Just like T.O. can't fucking stand him.

j-6
08-22-2005, 02:47 AM
Where was Sprewell's clutch playoff...

How about when he threw the 8th seeded 27-23 Knicks on his back after the injury to star center Patrick Ewing and got them to the Finals?

34 year old Latrell Sprewell is better than 33 year old journeyman Brent Barry, guys. He's got some "Raptor" in him still.

j-6
08-22-2005, 02:52 AM
marcus im going to have to disagree with you here

spreewell is not San Antonio Spurs material...

Glenn Robinson's ring finger will disagree with you the night of November 1st.

Mr. Body
08-22-2005, 04:29 AM
34 year old Latrell Sprewell is better than 33 year old journeyman Brent Barry, guys. He's got some "Raptor" in him still.

Disagree with you there. Sprewell is a scorer whose game is predicated on slashing and getting to the hoop. Skills that decline rapidly as a player ages. Barry's game, predicated on passing and handling the ball, of which he's much better than Spree, as well as his outside shooting, where he's also much better than Spree, suits our second squad far better. Skills that happen to age pretty well.

The only thing Sprewell's better at, potentially, at this point in his career that could be of any use, is his defense. But he's not big enough for that to matter (won't guard long SFs with any skill).

Barry is clearly the better option for the Spurs at this point. Add Sprewell? Sure, maybe. But definitely not trade for him.

Oh, and having some 'Raptor' in him isn't really a compliment in this league.

TheTruth
08-22-2005, 05:45 AM
Barry sucked hard in the playoffs. Only a homer would think otherwise. Pop had to yank his ass early in a couple of games.
I love how his minutes went UP in the finals. I agree with Body, give him more PT at the point (like they did in the finals) and he'll have a much better season.

Spurminator
08-22-2005, 10:50 AM
http://img348.imageshack.us/img348/3075/wheaties1ns4ai.jpg

Dex
08-22-2005, 10:51 AM
http://img348.imageshack.us/img348/3075/wheaties1ns4ai.jpg

:lmao

MannyIsGod
08-22-2005, 11:02 AM
I don't mind an addition of Spreewell to play off of the bench, but not at the cost of Barry.

Walton Buys Off Me
08-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Yeah, let's go get Latrell Spreewell, the aging 8 point per game guy that doesn't slash, doesn't distribute, couldn't reliably hit the three if his family's 'welfare' (hint hint) depended on it. Latrell Spreewell hasn't been an affective player in four years and last year was the end of the road for this guy. There's a reason he's still out there on the market and we're at the end of August.

Brent Barry is going to be better next year. He was solid in game 7 of the Finals when it mattered most and with a year under his belt in Pop's system and the full trust of the coaching staff, the guy will be lights out for San Antonio.

No way I'd move Barry for Spreewell.

Marcus Bryant
08-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Brent Barry has such great point guard skills that when Beno exhibited his deer in the headlights look in the Finals it was Manu and not Barry who Pop went to.

Eight points a game? That's Barry's forte...on a good day.

Remember how scared Barry looked like in the Seattle series?

If Devin Brown hadn't gone down with that back injury late in the season, Billion Barry would've been beaten out for a spot in the playoff rotation.

MannyIsGod
08-22-2005, 11:38 AM
And if Spreewell hadn't been such a bitch last year, Minny might have made the playoffs. And if Marcus Bryant didn't get stubborn with his ideas, he might see reason.

But somethings play out the way they do, and I'm not interested in a deal inolving Sprewell for Barry. You can sit there and say how much of a slam dunk it is, but I can counter everything you say with points you downplay because they don't support the move.

Barry picked up his game in the playoffs. You can saywhatever you'd like, but the stats improved, and the Spurs won. I don't see how removing him from the equation and putting someone in who has done nothing but decline in recent years would make the Spurs a better team.

I would not mind the addition, but not at the cost of Barry.

Marcus Bryant
08-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Barry looked pathetic far too often in the last postseason. I can see Pop having to yank a rookie like Beno in the playoffs when he struggled but a vet like Brent Barry? Come on.

I know, Brent Barry has a great personality, can give a funny interview and has a famous dad. Big fucking deal.

Manu20
08-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Barry shot .457 from the floor while .424 from 3 point land in the playoffs.
Those are pretty good numbers.

I would not do that trade.

Marcus Bryant
08-22-2005, 11:56 AM
Numbers don't mean jack when he's so paralyzed by fear or whatever that he has to sit on the pine.

MannyIsGod
08-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Thats the thing, I don't know what playoffs you are remembering, but thats not what most of us saw.

smeagol
08-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Re-revise your strategy MB, Barry for Sprewell is not a good idea.

50 cent
08-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Marcus, you are an idiot. I was hatin' on BB big time too early in the Playoffs, but the dude stepped it up against DET and played very well.

Your strategy is terrible. Thank God you are not the GM.

Marcus Bryant
08-22-2005, 01:09 PM
50 Cent, I've forgotten more basketball than you'll ever know. Leave the name calling for your boyfriend when you two are in the throes of passion.

50 cent
08-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Please Marcus. All you do is spout off racist crap on this board and never bring an intelligent discussion to the board. Do us all a favor and take your drivel back to Sarsreport.

We are all stupider for reading the crap you spew on this board about needing ballers, wanting to blow up the team that just won a Championship, and yelling "RACISM" if somebody disagrees with one of your pathetic posts. I swear, your idiocy and racist propoganda would make you a fantastic candidate for the Dallas City Counsel.

:td

Marcus Bryant
08-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Please Marcus. All you do is spout off racist crap on this board

Having your innate racism exposed must suck.

and never bring an intelligent discussion to the board.

Yeah. That's me. Let's recall what you've brought to the forum.

Hmmm....ummm...drawing a blank here.

Do us all a favor and take your drivel back to Sarsreport.

Excuse me? I'll do what I damn well please you fat sack of shit. You should go back there, the level of discussion is much more your speed.

We are all stupider for reading the crap you spew on this board about needing ballers,

Huh? I'm not Ghost Writer dumbfuck.

wanting to blow up the team that just won a Championship,

I suggested one trade and the retention of Devin Brown. That does not qualify as "blowing up the team".

and yelling "RACISM" if somebody disagrees with one of your pathetic posts.

Oh yes, I'm always claiming 'racism' in this forum.

I swear, your idiocy and racist propoganda would make you a fantastic candidate for the Dallas City Counsel.

Hey dumbfuck, it's spelled "council". Also, I'm not black but it's nice of you to throw on the Klan hood with those comments. The truth has come out.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Brent Barry has such great point guard skills that when Beno exhibited his deer in the headlights look in the Finals it was Manu and not Barry who Pop went to.

Eight points a game? That's Barry's forte...on a good day.

Remember how scared Barry looked like in the Seattle series?

If Devin Brown hadn't gone down with that back injury late in the season, Billion Barry would've been beaten out for a spot in the playoff rotation.

naturally! what coach in the NBA would have put Barry ahead of Manu in the finals? Noone here said barry > manu

Marcus Bryant
08-22-2005, 03:55 PM
naturally! what coach in the NBA would have put Barry ahead of Manu in the finals? Noone here said barry > manu

That's not the point. Pop had Manu run the offense.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-22-2005, 03:56 PM
50 Cent, I've forgotten more basketball than you'll ever know. Leave the name calling for your boyfriend when you two are in the throes of passion.

In either case marcus, your superior basketball knowledge seems to be at odds with 99.999% of the board

Cant_Be_Faded
08-22-2005, 03:57 PM
That's not the point. Pop had Manu run the offense.

marcus you said pop went with manu instead of barry

i was saying naturally

i wouldnt put barry ahead of manu either

Marcus Bryant
08-22-2005, 03:59 PM
marcus you said pop went with manu instead of barry

i was saying naturally

i wouldnt put barry ahead of manu either

...in running the offense, not necessarily in being on the floor.

Marcus Bryant
08-22-2005, 03:59 PM
In either case marcus, your superior basketball knowledge seems to be at odds with 99.999% of the board

That's ok, I don't need the crowd with me.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-22-2005, 04:26 PM
you can't give up on barry so easily
yes its been one season, yes he gets cut a lot of slack
but he earned every bit of that ring he will be getting, and i think that merits him another season with us

50 cent
08-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Having your innate racism exposed must suck.

Whatever moron. I have more friends that are black than you probably have all friends combined.

Yeah. That's me. Let's recall what you've brought to the forum.

Hmmm....ummm...drawing a blank here.
You're drawing a blank because you don't listen to anything anybody says on here. You are too busy posting worthless crap on the board to take the time to consider anything anybody else says.

Excuse me? I'll do what I damn well please you fat sack of shit. You should go back there, the level of discussion is much more your speed.

That's classy of you. I might have called an idiot and a moron, but I'll leave the classless profanity out of my opinions of your posts.

Huh? I'm not Ghost Writer dumbfuck.

Who the fuck knows who you are! You only have about 14,542 user names.

I suggested one trade and the retention of Devin Brown. That does not qualify as "blowing up the team".

Yeah, the guy you want to trade is the guy that the rest of the team embraced in the locker room and the guy you want to trade him for is known to be a malcontent that bitches about his contract and how he is unable to feed his family on a $14M salary. Then again, Spreewell sounds about like your type of guy.

Oh yes, I'm always claiming 'racism' in this forum.

You do more than anybody in this fucking forum. Go read earlier in this thread. Evidently, I'm not the only one that gets sick of it.

Hey dumbfuck, it's spelled "council". Also, I'm not black but it's nice of you to throw on the Klan hood with those comments. The truth has come out.

Nice. Spelling smack. You obviously have no idea how the Dallas City Council functions - a lot like your arguments in that they have no validity so you accuse everybody of liking the white man when that is so far from the truth it is obsurd. You embarass yourself in doing so.

Continue to post your stupid ideas and I will just ignore them as I'm sure most people on this forum do.

Marcus Bryant
08-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Whatever moron. I have more friends that are black than you probably have all friends combined.

Ah yes, your "black" friends...

You're drawing a blank because you don't listen to anything anybody says on here.

Absolutely. I have no need to conform as you do.

You are too busy posting worthless crap on the board to take the time to consider anything anybody else says.

Unlike you, I am capable of original thought.

That's classy of you. I might have called an idiot and a moron, but I'll leave the classless profanity out of my opinions of your posts.

What's the difference, Junior?

Who the fuck knows who you are! You only have about 14,542 user names.

Actually, 14,762.

Yeah, the guy you want to trade is the guy that the rest of the team embraced in the locker room and the guy you want to trade him for is known to be a malcontent

Funny how Flip wants him in Detroit and Pop wants him in SA. Those black folk are such troublemakers, right?

that bitches about his contract and how he is unable to feed his family on a $14M salary. Then again, Spreewell sounds about like your type of guy.

So he sucks at PR. Apparently his former coaches think otherwise about him on the court.

You do more than anybody in this fucking forum. Go read earlier in this thread. Evidently, I'm not the only one that gets sick of it.

Whatever chump. This is the first time I've made this claim, but it cuts to your bone because you think that way. Tough shit, kiddo.

Nice. Spelling smack.

Well genius, "council" isn't exactly that difficult of a word to spell. Except for you, of course.

You obviously have no idea how the Dallas City Council functions

I'm sure it functions like most city councils function. And I'm sure you picked it out because the membership is predominately non-white.

- a lot like your arguments in that they have no validity so you accuse everybody of liking the white man when that is so far from the truth it is obsurd. You embarass yourself in doing so.

Actually, the only one being embarassed here is your ass. Unlike you I can actually think for myself and come up with an original idea sometimes. You, on the other hand, are just background noise. Another fat 'neck with a modem.

Continue to post your stupid ideas and I will just ignore them as I'm sure most people on this forum do.

Oh yes, you are the big man now.

Get back to counting how many black friends you have, 'neck.

cherylsteele
08-23-2005, 04:48 PM
How about when he threw the 8th seeded 27-23 Knicks on his back after the injury to star center Patrick Ewing and got them to the Finals?

That was then......some 7 yrs ago....and he did it just that one time. He can't sustain it. like last year he goes from a WCF team to a lottery and he was a big reason for that drop off.

Spreewell is a cancer. We don't need to spread this disease to the Spurs.

Under current circumstances......totally different.....Barry is better as an overall TEAM PLAYER....emphasis on TEAM.

sickdsm
08-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Few comments.

Whoever said he can't feed his family on $14 mill a year has no idea what there talking about. The wolves offered him 7 mill a year for 3 and then he made his famous comments.

Besides, that wasn't the one that hurt the most, The one was "why should i help them win a championship if they won't help me" or along those lines, then proceeded to suck.

In Spree's and MB's defense. Spree was cold blooded when it mattered most. When tempers flared all around and ejections were happaning during games two years ago, it was Spree who nonchalantly got the group together and calmed them down. Sam maybe was Mr. Clutch but he only did what he was doing all game, regardless of the situation. Sprewell is a guy that will sleepwalk and when you needed something he will shove it down the other teams throat. This guy has more heart than 80% of the league.

In everyone else's defense, Spree, according to the TV broadcasters, didn't complete a dunk until late Feburary? this past year. His game last year was based on leaners and 3 pters. He's never had a great 3 pt % and whats the use of slashing if your going to lean in with one hand and shoot it? How much of it was him throwing the season and how much was his age is anyone's guess, but Spree does take care of his body, he said he hasn't eaten red meat in about 8 years.

But probably the kiss of death is that I would jump all over this trade. Then get rid of wally for cap space as the wolves, without any trades could realistially start the new offseason slightly under the cap.

But then again it appears i'm the lone supporter on a wolves board that supports this trade.