PDA

View Full Version : Tony and Manu are elite interviewees....

apalisoc_9
07-28-2014, 07:47 PM
- Articulate

- Straight to the point

- Honest

- Well thought

etc..

It's amazing how Manu and Tony improved in terms of speaking to the media. What makes it even more amazing is the fact that english is their second or maybe third language.

On the other hand, you have guys like Rose, Rondo, Kyrie etc..Nigga's that can't even come up with a rational thought or an answer that makes sense...

ElNono
07-28-2014, 07:55 PM
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/1015945/84031519.gif

testies
07-28-2014, 09:41 PM
Foreign guys speaking much more articulate English than Americans
nothing to be surprised at actually

100%duncan
07-28-2014, 11:35 PM
Vwa7L3n3nxQ

benstanfield
07-29-2014, 12:01 AM
Tony is extremely candid, to a fault sometimes. Ginobili seems like he would be an interesting guy to hear talk about politics and current events, but I suppose the sports media just doesn't really prepare itself for players who are articulate and interesting (as opposed to giving generic Kawhi answers). I used to watch all of the postgame regular season interviews, but at a certain point they are all basically the same few sentences. I think that's what made the guy from Kimmel so interesting was that we got to see the players talking off the cuff as humans and not just being basketball robots.

rmt
07-29-2014, 12:03 AM
Probably a lot of what comes out of Spurs' mouths are what they're hearing from Pop. Kwahi needs to get some interview tips from the old-timers or practise in front of a mirror - that tapping of his fingers in the game 5 post-interview ain't gonna cut it.

PÒÓCH
07-29-2014, 12:08 AM
Maybe they can help Kawhi out with his interviewing skills.

Juggity
07-29-2014, 01:05 AM
Probably a lot of what comes out of Spurs' mouths are what they're hearing from Pop. Kwahi needs to get some interview tips from the old-timers or practise in front of a mirror - that tapping of his fingers in the game 5 post-interview ain't gonna cut it.

imo, Kawhi's interviews are perfect in that that don't invite controversy. Whereas Tony and Manu are articulate and give interesting interviews, their honest opinions sometimes get them in trouble. I remember in late 2011, Tony said this and spurstalk went apeshit:

“At the start of the season I said this was our last chance,” he said. “Tim (Duncan) and Gino (Manu Ginobili (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&id=659)) are getting old. It’s going to be tough to regenerate ourselves.“We will always have a good team but we can no longer say that we’re playing for a championship."

Kawhi's interviews aren't interesting, but that's a good thing. His boilerplate answers help keep controversy out of the spurs organization. He says exactly what's expected and prevents the media from generating stories.

will_spurs
07-29-2014, 01:29 AM
Kawhi's interviews aren't interesting, but that's a good thing. His boilerplate answers help keep controversy out of the spurs organization. He says exactly what's expected and prevents the media from generating stories.

Kawhi's interviews might not be interesting, but at least he has the poker face shtick and deadpan delivery. That helps in creating a persona. Same goes for Pop.

Most of the NBA players are actually listless, uninspired and inarticulate. Which is to say, boring.

Yuixafun
07-29-2014, 03:12 AM
Yea this afternoon I watched post game interviews of Game 5 from the finals and Manu's interview was truly insightful and really took me into the moment as much as possible.

Uriel
07-29-2014, 05:09 AM
I'd love to see an interview of Manu now that the Spurs have disallowed him from playing in FIBA. :lol