07-29-2014, 12:38 AM
Patrick. How thought provoking.

Infinite_limit
07-29-2014, 12:51 AM
Patrick. How thought provoking.
Can you comprehend THE MACINTOSH ?

DarrinS
07-29-2014, 07:41 AM
I liked the pilot, but this show isn't very good.

leemajors
07-29-2014, 08:21 AM
I liked the pilot, but this show isn't very good.

It's not great all the time, but I would say it's good. Joe is kind of a piece of shit.

Infinite_limit
07-29-2014, 02:44 PM
It's not great all the time, but I would say it's good. Joe is kind of a piece of shit.
Hmm. Well I only caught the final 4 episodes and I felt they were really good. Is that because they were at the end of the season? Could have done without the pointless homosexual angle with Joe.

The Gemini Method
07-29-2014, 04:21 PM
Hmm. Well I only caught the final 4 episodes and I felt they were really good. Is that because they were at the end of the season? Could have done without the pointless homosexual angle with Joe.

He was bi-sexual not homosexual. The show is one of those that you know has endless potential but the writers trip over their own creative abilities and it makes it cumbersome to watch. Again, it has its brilliance but it also has its meandering moments. Like the whole Cabbage Patch Doll vs. Mortality vs. Insanity weirdness in one of its episode. Again, the time in which it takes place is a pivotal one in the advancement of technology. It was also a super complicated time for societal issues. The show would probably rank a 6-7 out of 10.

leemajors
07-29-2014, 04:24 PM

I like the show, but I believe the finale is next week.

Edit: also agree with Gemini Method. The score/soundtrack is pretty solid too.

The Gemini Method
07-29-2014, 04:30 PM
I like the show, but I believe the finale is next week.

Edit: also agree with Gemini Method. The score/soundtrack is pretty solid too.

Totally forgot about the soundtrack--the soundtrack is amazing. It mixes the music of the time with today's music and does it where it levels the show. The music alone could boost the show to a 7.5/8 if it weren't for the confounding matter of the content.

Infinite_limit
07-29-2014, 04:31 PM
He was bi-sexual not homosexual. The show is one of those that you know has endless potential but the writers trip over their own creative abilities and it makes it cumbersome to watch. Again, it has its brilliance but it also has its meandering moments. Like the whole Cabbage Patch Doll vs. Mortality vs. Insanity weirdness in one of its episode. Again, the time in which it takes place is a pivotal one in the advancement of technology. It was also a super complicated time for societal issues. The show would probably rank a 6-7 out of 10.
Interesting point. That Cabbage Patch Doll episode was the 3rd I saw so it was really heavy for me, so like you said WTF was the point of seeing the dead electrocuted guy?

Maybe that's the problem with a fictional show representing a significant time in history. They have to wrap every wild story of the time into one single group of people

The Wife slutting around gave me a fat one.

The Gemini Method
07-29-2014, 04:35 PM
Interesting point. That Cabbage Patch Doll episode was the 3rd I saw so it was really heavy for me, so like you said WTF was the point of seeing the dead electrocuted guy?

Maybe that's the problem with a fictional show representing a significant time in history. They have to wrap every wild story of the time into one single group of people

The Wife slutting around gave me a fat one.

In a way, it's complexity mimics Breaking Bad or Mad Men--since its on AMC and that channel is attempting to fill the void (a mammoth one...) that those two shows will leave once MM goes off the air. Though Walking Dead is a gigantic success, its crowd is not the pivotal 30's to 50's that the BB and MM shows cleaned up on and really puts a station in its lane for success. The only thing I derived from the dead electrocuted man, is that the way he was living his life was by the cuff and that in one freak instance, you could end up a victim of your mortality. His thinly held grip on sanity is slipping and seeing something like that is liable to complicate matters. The wife is so damn fuckable though...I'd like to RAM my DOS into her CPU.

Infinite_limit
07-29-2014, 04:50 PM
In a way, it's complexity mimics Breaking Bad or Mad Men--since its on AMC and that channel is attempting to fill the void (a mammoth one...) that those two shows will leave once MM goes off the air. Though Walking Dead is a gigantic success, its crowd is not the pivotal 30's to 50's that the BB and MM shows cleaned up on and really puts a station in its lane for success. The only thing I derived from the dead electrocuted man, is that the way he was living his life was by the cuff and that in one freak instance, you could end up a victim of your mortality. His thinly held grip on sanity is slipping and seeing something like that is liable to complicate matters. The wife is so damn fuckable though...I'd like to RAM my DOS into her CPU.
Well I guess it's never too late to get into those sitcoms. I assume AMC will be rearing the re-runs.

Your posts are very articulate GM. :toast

I am very excited for the Season Finale. I assume it's returning for another season? Is the 1st or 2nd?

The Gemini Method
07-29-2014, 05:03 PM
Well I guess it's never too late to get into those sitcoms. I assume AMC will be rearing the re-runs.

Your posts are very articulate GM. :toast

I am very excited for the Season Finale. I assume it's returning for another season? Is the 1st or 2nd?

I believe its been picked up for at the very least 2 more seasons. I know for sure one more--but you never know with these things. If you haven't watched Breaking Bad or Mad Men, I suggest you find time to. I mean, the beauty is that you can watch them on streams or Netflix has them both fully cataloged. They are both supreme examples of American television writing. I like BB a little bit more than Mad Men but I love both. The complexity of their characters and the plot lines flow usually well. Except the 4th season of Mad Men, which, I blame on Matthew Weiner for demanding more money and delaying the release. Thus the reason I give the slight nod to Breaking Bad. You won't be disappointed with them. However, I will say that not everything is enjoyable for everyone. I have a varied taste when it comes to tv/movies so though I recommend them to you, I won't be surprised if you are bored by either one or both.

Hoover
07-29-2014, 05:54 PM
The origins of the Macintosh at Xerox are well known. A visit by Steven P. Jobs, Apple's co-founder, to Xerox's Palo Alto Research Center in November 1979, is widely recounted in Silicon Valley chronicles as the inspiration for the Lisa and the Macintosh. It was then that he was shown Smalltalk, the first computer language using a mouse, the hand-held device used to instruct the computer. Several former Xerox employees worked on the Lisa and the Macintosh.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/12/15/business/company-news-xerox-sues-apple-computer-over-macintosh-copyright.html

Infinite_limit
07-30-2014, 12:20 AM
Good to know fellas. I'm looking forward to the Finale and subsequent season.

leemajors
08-05-2014, 06:06 PM
I believe its been picked up for at the very least 2 more seasons. I know for sure one more--but you never know with these things. If you haven't watched Breaking Bad or Mad Men, I suggest you find time to. I mean, the beauty is that you can watch them on streams or Netflix has them both fully cataloged. They are both supreme examples of American television writing. I like BB a little bit more than Mad Men but I love both. The complexity of their characters and the plot lines flow usually well. Except the 4th season of Mad Men, which, I blame on Matthew Weiner for demanding more money and delaying the release. Thus the reason I give the slight nod to Breaking Bad. You won't be disappointed with them. However, I will say that not everything is enjoyable for everyone. I have a varied taste when it comes to tv/movies so though I recommend them to you, I won't be surprised if you are bored by either one or both.

Finale disappointed me a bit, what did you think?

DMC
08-05-2014, 06:50 PM
Computers aren't that interesting.

Infinite_limit
08-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Just left the viewer hanging. So the computers aren't arriving? Where is Joe running off to?

The Gemini Method
08-07-2014, 10:20 AM

I have it DVR'd so I can catch it when I get some free time. I have heard from my buddies that it disappointed but I'll report back once I get a chance to see it.

JudynTX
08-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Just left the viewer hanging. So the computers aren't arriving? Where is Joe running off to?

Joe is a very strange character. I wish he set himself on fire too. :lol

Infinite_limit
06-08-2015, 02:27 AM
It has returned