a massive 5.9 inch device with the codename, "Shamu"

lol

lefty
07-29-2014, 01:58 PM
lol
:lol

anakha
07-30-2014, 01:26 AM
Is that a 6-inch phone in your pocket, or... ah, fuck it. I can't even bring myself to finish the joke. :lol

leemajors
07-30-2014, 08:21 AM
leaving dickies wearing folks behind

lefty
07-30-2014, 08:25 AM
Is that a 6-inch phone in your pocket, or... ah, fuck it. I can't even bring myself to finish the joke. :lol
"omg you big black Nexus is much bigger than my husband's tiny white iPhone"
" make a call with it , bitch "

resistanze
07-30-2014, 08:35 AM

:lmao

leemajors
07-30-2014, 10:30 AM

what's the breakdown of lefty skins pre and post android?

lefty
08-01-2014, 12:03 AM
resistanze what is yout next phone?

anakha
08-14-2014, 02:58 AM
Latest rumors on the N6 specs: (http://www.droid-life.com/2014/08/13/motorola-shamu-nexus-allegedly-shows-up-in-questionable-benchmarks-outing-specs/)

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/motorola-shamu-specs.png

resistanze
08-14-2014, 06:54 AM
resistanze what is yout next phone?

I would consider the N6...but fucking 6 inches??? I have to see it first.

lefty
08-14-2014, 08:42 AM
I would consider the N6...but fucking 6 inches??? I have to see it first.
Let's say it's not that big... still no SD card slot

I know it's important to you since you have 10000000 songs :lol

resistanze
08-14-2014, 09:55 AM
Let's say it's not that big... still no SD card slot

I know it's important to you since you have 10000000 songs :lol

lol...tbh I've only used 12/30GB of my sdcard, but most of my 9GB internal (lol samsung).

I'd probably be okay with 32GB internal

lefty
08-14-2014, 10:14 AM
lol...tbh I've only used 12/30GB of my sdcard, but most of my 9GB internal (lol samsung).

I'd probably be okay with 32GB internal
lol samsung

I only have 200 MB of music on internal SD card, I thought it would be much more than that lol

As a result, my external SD card is still empty :lol

resistanze
08-14-2014, 08:30 PM
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motorola-Shamu-aka-Nexus-6-full-specs-leak-5.2-QHD-screen-Snapdragon-805-and-Android-L_id59287

5.2 inches? I'm in.

lefty
08-14-2014, 09:10 PM
5.2 inches? I'm in.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Selling your S4?

resistanze
08-14-2014, 10:33 PM
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Selling your S4?

When the time comes. Proximity sensor fucked up. Doesn't turn back on after it turns screen off. Could be global AOSP bug (unlikely), haven't tried TW ROM in a year.

lefty
08-15-2014, 12:19 AM
When the time comes. Proximity sensor fucked up. Doesn't turn back on after it turns screen off. Could be global AOSP bug (unlikely), haven't tried TW ROM in a year.
:lol AOSP
:lol CM bugs

Told ya, but no you had to flash those shitty roms

I can see where you're coming from. When the S2 became laggy, AOSP roms helped to improve things.
But things are different now.

The only reliable vanilla experience = Nexus

anakha
08-15-2014, 12:44 AM
Yeah, there's no point to CyanogenMod now if your phone has a gpe rom due to xposed/gravity box.

All those customizations cm offers can be replicated using those two apps.

lefty
08-15-2014, 01:06 AM
My S4 is rooted, but stock rom and recovery.

I have Xposed with Wanam for TW, Youtube ad away.

resistanze
08-15-2014, 06:33 AM
:lol AOSP
:lol CM bugs

Told ya, but no you had to flash those shitty roms

I can see where you're coming from. When the S2 became laggy, AOSP roms helped to improve things.
But things are different now.

The only reliable vanilla experience = Nexus

:lol AOSP =/= CM.

And I restored my stock TW, and nope, still broken. Only thing I could do is disable the proximity sensor entirely.
Until Samsung realizes to make their OS with better style than a teenage girl from the 80s, I'll take any bugs of AOSP. HTF is the stock rom over 2 GB??? The new sense is much cleaner, or LG's or Motorola's skin.

lefty
08-15-2014, 08:02 AM
:lol AOSP =/= CM.

And I restored my stock TW, and nope, still broken. Only thing I could do is disable the proximity sensor entirely.
Until Samsung realizes to make their OS with better style than a teenage girl from the 80s, I'll take any bugs of AOSP. HTF is the stock rom over 2 GB??? The new sense is much cleaner, or LG's or Motorola's skin.
Nova or GEL tbh

Not complicated really :lol

Or flash a themed TW rom

resistanze
08-15-2014, 08:55 AM
Nova or GEL tbh

Not complicated really :lol

Or flash a themed TW rom

To each his own - for me it's always been like slapping lipstick on a pig.
If I'm gonna go through all the effort to make it look like AOSP, why not just get AOSP? Like Vegetarian turkeys and bacon :lol

I'll just wait for the N6 in any case, since I don't think I want an S5 or HTC M8.

lefty
08-15-2014, 09:14 AM
To each his own - for me it's always been like slapping lipstick on a pig.
If I'm gonna go through all the effort to make it look like AOSP, why not just get AOSP? Like Vegetarian turkeys and bacon :lol

I'll just wait for the N6 in any case, since I don't think I want an S5 or HTC M8.
- Sure, Nova won't change the UI of the Sammy apps (dialer, SMS, etc) , but it's not like you stare at those apps 24/7 :lol make a call, text, done... WTF :lol

- As for me, my contract expires in Sept 2015; do I upgrade to an OEM phone (the HTC M series is worth considering), or do I get a Nexus from Play Store and give the finger to carrier contracts ...

resistanze
08-15-2014, 09:57 AM
- Sure, Nova won't change the UI of the Sammy apps (dialer, SMS, etc) , but it's not like you stare at those apps 24/7 :lol make a call, text, done... WTF :lol

- As for me, my contract expires in Sept 2015; do I upgrade to an OEM phone (the HTC M series is worth considering), or do I get a Nexus from Play Store and give the finger to carrier contracts ...

My corporate Telus plan expires Jan 2016, and I got the shitty X+ with my contract :lol

lefty
08-15-2014, 10:09 AM
My corporate Telus plan expires Jan 2016, and I got the shitty X+ with my contract :lol
rofl

You're gonna wait Jan 16 to sell your S4?

resistanze
08-15-2014, 12:43 PM
rofl

You're gonna wait Jan 16 to sell your S4?

Fuck no - I got my S4 through my cousin's upgrade (he owed me). I'll sell it as soon as the N6 is out.

lefty
08-15-2014, 12:59 PM
Fuck no - I got my S4 through my cousin's upgrade (he owed me). I'll sell it as soon as the N6 is out.
Why would you sell it before the contract expires by the way; because of the defective sensor ?

I thought you didnt use the air fap features

Edit : sensor is still needed to turn the screen off when you bring the phone close to your ear during a call
And you would getmore money by selling it sooner than later, stoopid me :lol

leemajors
08-15-2014, 01:42 PM
Why would you sell it before the contract expires by the way; because of the defective sensor ?

Edit : sensor is still needed to turn the screen off when you bring the phone close to your ear during a call

Should also adjust the screen brightness for inside/out too.

resistanze
08-15-2014, 01:48 PM

Correct. In my case, if turns off when I put near my ear during a call....but refuses to turn back on. Even pressing home/power key doens't work 80% of the time, rendering the phone almost useless during calls. I can't even hang up.

resistanze
08-15-2014, 01:50 PM
Should also adjust the screen brightness for inside/out too.

light sensor seems ok for me now, as well as accelerometer and gyroscope. but proximity is messed up. got a tool that measures your distance from the sensor - when i cover the sensor it correctly shows 0cm, but when I remove my hand it still senses that it is being covered.

lefty
08-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Correct. In my case, if turns off when I put near my ear during a call....but refuses to turn back on. Even pressing home/power key doens't work 80% of the time, rendering the phone almost useless during calls. I can't even hang up.
that shit happened to me with the One S :lol

I had to reboot the phone

leemajors
08-15-2014, 02:20 PM
light sensor seems ok for me now, as well as accelerometer and gyroscope. but proximity is messed up. got a tool that measures your distance from the sensor - when i cover the sensor it correctly shows 0cm, but when I remove my hand it still senses that it is being covered.

damn, that sucks. seems like there are ways to calibrate the sensor, but if it's just not working at all... I went the last month of my 4s not being able to use the sleep/wake button, then watching nervously as the Best Buy guy looked at it, saw the screen was on, the home button worked, then gave me my $200 credit on a trade in :lol

MannyIsGod
08-18-2014, 10:36 AM
Fuck Motorola

resistanze
08-20-2014, 09:27 AM
Fuck Motorola

why u mad doe?

leemajors
08-20-2014, 09:57 AM
why u mad doe?

photon i believe

resistanze
08-20-2014, 12:54 PM
photon i believe

lol photon

OK. Get it now. I hate HTC after owning the One X+.

lefty
08-20-2014, 03:59 PM
lol photon

OK. Get it now. I hate HTC after owning the One X+.

Fuck them tbh

HTC One S was my first Android, so it holds a special place in my heart :cry

Amazing build quality tbh. You put it in your jean pocket and you end up thinking you lost it

anakha
08-20-2014, 09:24 PM
Moto X, G, and E have been well-received and mean Motorola is headed in the right direction. Hopefully the Lenovo takeover doesn't fuck them over too much.

Sony is probably the next best in terms of the quality of their phones - too bad they barely have a carrier presence (if any) in the US.

scanry
08-21-2014, 02:11 AM
Moto X, G, and E have been well-received and mean Motorola is headed in the right direction. Hopefully the Lenovo takeover doesn't fuck them over too much.

Sony is probably the next best in terms of the quality of their phones - too bad they barely have a carrier presence (if any) in the US.

I don't know about the quality of Sony phones, but their laptops stink. Every sony laptop that i have ever come across has either an overheating problem, motherboard problem, battery problem or all of the above. I heard they sold the laptop division to some Japanese company. Toshiba is another company that should really be off the market.

IronMaxipad
09-11-2014, 04:37 PM
When is this shit suppose to drop tbh.

Was leaning towards the Moto X but that weak ass battery no bueno.

lefty
09-11-2014, 06:58 PM
When is this shit suppose to drop tbh.

Was leaning towards the Moto X but that weak ass battery no bueno.

What is your current phone

Venti Quattro
09-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Any leaks lefty

lefty
09-11-2014, 09:17 PM
not yet I think

You want a Nexus 6, Venti ?

Venti Quattro
09-11-2014, 09:22 PM
not yet I think

You want a Nexus 6, Venti ?
I just want to see Android L.

lefty
09-11-2014, 09:24 PM
I just want to see Android L.
Video from that wiry nigga who sounds like a white dude`:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9ue7TNpxS0

IronMaxipad
09-12-2014, 12:33 AM
What is your current phone

Nexus 4. Had OnePlus One but it was way to fucking buggy and resold it for a profit. figured i'd wait for Nexus 6 or the Moto X.

lefty
09-12-2014, 12:40 AM
Nexus 4. Had OnePlus One but it was way to fucking buggy and resold it for a profit. figured i'd wait for Nexus 6 or the Moto X.
Crofl CM

I wonder what N6 will look like.
N5 is a good looking phone imo

anakha
09-12-2014, 01:52 AM
I wonder what N6 will look like.

Look at the latest Moto X.

Since Moto is most likely making the next Nexus, the Moto X can be used as a starting point to figure out what the Nexus will look like.

lefty
09-14-2014, 04:24 PM

resistanze

No more contracts for me, Nexus phones from now on

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/09/12/rogers-and-bell-now-forcing-customers-on-to-share-plans-with-new-hardware-upgrades/

resistanze
09-14-2014, 04:43 PM

resistanze

No more contracts for me, Nexus phones from now on

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/09/12/rogers-and-bell-now-forcing-customers-on-to-share-plans-with-new-hardware-upgrades/

fucking horrendous.

lefty
09-14-2014, 05:15 PM
fucking horrendous.

Tbh

I'm not the biggest fan of Stock Android as you know, but OEM phones are expensive outright and Nexus is much cheaper

resistanze
09-14-2014, 05:16 PM
Tbh

I'm not the biggest fan of Stock Android as you know, but OEM are expensive outright and Nexus is much cheaper

I'm probably gonna keep my current company contract ($50) month to month after contract finishes and just buy unlocked phones.

lefty
09-14-2014, 05:42 PM
I'm probably gonna keep my current company contract ($50) month to month after contract finishes and just buy unlocked phones.

Yeah I still have 1 year left on my expensive contract ( contract = limited selection of plans).
But after that, sayonara contracts.
Are you getting a Nexus?

resistanze
09-14-2014, 05:50 PM
Yeah I still have 1 year left on my expensive contract ( contract = limited selection of plans).
But after that, sayonara contracts.
Are you getting a Nexus?

Pretty sure tbh, hope it's out in Oct. I'll probably give my mom the S4 since her birthday is around the same time :lol

lefty
09-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Pretty sure tbh, hope it's out in Oct. I'll probably give my mom the S4 since her birthday is around the same time :lol
Good

I know the N6 is around the corner, but I found some good deals for the N5 on Kijiji.

As for the S4, I would like to give it to my dad, but I'm thinking about using the S4 money to buy a Nexus

resistanze
09-14-2014, 05:56 PM
As for the S4, I would like to give it to my dad, but I'm thinking about using the S4 money to buy a Nexus

Me too, my mom actually wants to buy a phone now, so I could just direct her to an N5...I probably will tbh

lefty
09-14-2014, 06:14 PM
Me too, my mom actually wants to buy a phone now, so I could just direct her to an N5...I probably will tbh

In my case the N5 would be for me, not for my dad lol. (I would have to sell the S4 to buy a Nexus)

anakha
09-14-2014, 06:15 PM
Yessss.....

...come on over to the dark, I mean Nexus side...

lefty
09-14-2014, 06:19 PM
^
Only because I want to tell our beloved carriers to f... Off

anakha
09-14-2014, 06:22 PM
^
Only because I want to tell our beloved carriers to f... Off

Yeah, yeah...

Stockholm Syndrome usually follows after that. :lol

Seriously though, contractless + unlocked phone = control over your spending, and you can hold over your carrier's head the fact that you can leave at any time.

lefty
09-14-2014, 06:28 PM
Yeah, yeah...

Stockholm Syndrome usually follows after that. :lol

Seriously though, contractless + unlocked phone = control over your spending, and you can hold over your carrier's head the fact that you can leave at any time.

Yup.

Tbh I could just keep my S4, and not renew my comtract.
It's not like it's showing its age, still running great.
It does suck that some apps don't open instantly (dialer, camera, etc). I'm assuming it's not the case with the N5

anakha
09-14-2014, 06:33 PM
Yup.

Tbh I could just keep my S4, and not renew my comtract.
It's not like it's showing its age, still running great.
It does suck that some apps don't open instantly (dialer, camera, etc). I'm assuming it's not the case with the N5

Right now it it's not the case, yeah, but with Android L coming up, things could be different again.

lefty
09-14-2014, 09:07 PM
Right now it it's not the case, yeah, but with Android L coming up, things could be different again.

Tell me what you like and what you don't like about your N5 tbh

anakha
09-14-2014, 10:06 PM
Likes: No bloatware, no lag, speedy updates, good software support, price, easy to root and mess around with but also least needs to be messed around with

Dislikes: camera and battery are serviceable but could be better, value added features on other phones are proprietary, some apps not yet compatible with ART.

Venti Quattro
09-14-2014, 10:40 PM
It seems like the only thing missing from Nexus phones from being an absolute beast is a solid camera

Other phones have that plus the Android goodness but they don't want any of dat proprietary bloatware.

lefty
09-14-2014, 10:59 PM
Likes: No bloatware, no lag, speedy updates, good software support, price, easy to root and mess around with but also least needs to be messed around with

Dislikes: camera and battery are serviceable but could be better, value added features on other phones are proprietary, some apps not yet compatible with ART.
Thanks

It seems like the only thing missing from Nexus phones from being an absolute beast is a solid camera

Other phones have that plus the Android goodness but they don't want any of dat proprietary bloatware.

Speaker is also a bit lacking from what I've read. No biggie as most people don't use their phone speakers

Camera on the N5 is not the best, but it does have OIS and good low light pics.

Still love dat S4 though

anakha
09-15-2014, 02:35 AM
Honestly, unless there is a pressing need to upgrade, just hold on to your money.

There's always better or more urgent shit to spend on anyway.

lefty
09-15-2014, 06:22 AM
Honestly, unless there is a pressing need to upgrade, just hold on to your money.

There's always better or more urgent shit to spend on anyway.

Money wouldn't be the issue since I would sell the S4 im order to buy the N5

But my S4 is still running great, so I may as well just stick with it (I'll still see what the N6 looks like tho).

Only thing bothering me is that red, stuck pixel Ive had im the middle of the screen.
I would have to pay 250 bucks to replace the screen.
It's tiny. But really noticeable on dark screens, I fucking hate it, so I'm avoiding darker background and app themes

anakha
09-15-2014, 07:02 AM
Holding off until the N6 gets reviewed is probably your best bet then.

I'd wait for the anandtech review though, Engadget or TheVerge reliability is spotty at best.

lefty
09-15-2014, 08:15 AM

I'd wait for the anandtech review though, Engadget or TheVerge reliability is spotty at best.
yup good idea (The Verge's review of the N5 was retarded)

Im telling you that tiny red pixel is starting to drive me crazy :lol

leemajors
09-15-2014, 09:13 AM

I'd put Verge over engadget for sure, but you know what to look for in the reviews at this point. Curious to see what happens to anandtech since he got hired on by Apple.

Venti Quattro
09-15-2014, 11:01 AM
No biggie as most people don't use their phone speakers

People who blast music using their their phone loudspeakers in public should kill themselves

lefty
09-15-2014, 11:07 AM
People who blast music using their their phone loudspeakers in public should kill themselves
" but the HTC One haz boomsound :cry "

anakha
09-15-2014, 06:03 PM
I'd put Verge over engadget for sure, but you know what to look for in the reviews at this point. Curious to see what happens to anandtech since he got hired on by Apple.

If it's anything like how Cyanogen got hired by Samsung, maybe little will change, if any.

leemajors
09-15-2014, 06:12 PM
If it's anything like how Cyanogen got hired by Samsung, maybe little will change, if any.

Hope it doesn't, been a fan since it started. Also the first year I had cable internet :cry

lefty
09-19-2014, 08:30 AM
damn with the iPhone 6 release, a lot if iDiots are selling their Android phones for cheap

I saw M8 and S5 online as low as 200 bucks :lol

Saw a Nexus 5 16 gb at 180 bucks too :D

Hoard, now !

leemajors
09-19-2014, 09:12 AM
damn with the iPhone 6 release, a lot if iDiots are selling their Android phones for cheap

I saw M8 and S5 online as low as 200 bucks :lol

Saw a Nexus 5 16 gb at 180 bucks too :D

Hoard, now !

Why hoard something that loses its value quickly? :lol

lefty
09-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Why hoard something that loses its value quickly? :lol
it doesn't mean it's an outdated or bad product

leemajors
09-19-2014, 11:55 AM
it doesn't mean it's an outdated or bad product

I thought you were suggesting people buy multiple old phones.

lefty
09-19-2014, 12:09 PM
I thought you were suggesting people buy multiple old phones.
ah ok

ElNono
09-19-2014, 02:21 PM
:lol hoarding poorsung

lefty
09-19-2014, 02:42 PM
:lol hoarding poorsung
"poorsung" is funny tbh

ElNono
09-19-2014, 05:50 PM
"poorsung" is funny tbh

it is, I can see it irks you to no end too :lol

lefty
09-19-2014, 05:59 PM
:cry Nene stop pls

anakha
09-29-2014, 09:27 PM
Latest info on the N6: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/09/29/this-is-the-motorola-nexus-6-a-5-9-qhd-display-3200mah-battery-dual-front-facing-speakers-and-more/

Yeah, rumors, but this site has been pretty good with their rumor track record and predicted the whole Project Volta and Material Design before anyone else using their sources. So I'm inclined to believe them.

lefty
09-29-2014, 09:47 PM
Latest info on the N6: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/09/29/this-is-the-motorola-nexus-6-a-5-9-qhd-display-3200mah-battery-dual-front-facing-speakers-and-more/

Yeah, rumors, but this site has been pretty good with their rumor track record and predicted the whole Project Volta and Material Design before anyone else using their sources. So I'm inclined to believe them.

Moonshine icon pack?

Looks legit

lefty
09-29-2014, 09:52 PM
But 6 inches?

Why?

anakha
09-29-2014, 11:02 PM
Phablet Nexus with no stylus support doesn't appeal to me.

Another concern is the lack of mention of wireless charging.

Venti Quattro
09-29-2014, 11:43 PM
Phablet Nexus with no stylus support doesn't appeal to me.

Another concern is the lack of mention of wireless charging.
But the Nexus has no gaps!

resistanze
09-30-2014, 05:45 AM
But 6 inches?

Why?

Hope not, that's a fucking deal breaker.

lefty
09-30-2014, 08:53 AM
Hope not, that's a fucking deal breaker.
If it's true, just get a Nexus 5 or Moto X off Kijiji or CL, tbh

leemajors
09-30-2014, 09:07 AM
If it's true, just get a Nexus 5 or Moto X off Kijiji or CL, tbh

why would he want that old ish

lefty
09-30-2014, 09:19 AM
why would he want that old ish
Yeah it's only 1 year old, what was I thinking ; the prehistoric era ended like just 2 years ago

leemajors
09-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Yeah it's only 1 year old, what was I thinking ; the prehistoric era ended like just 2 years ago

:lol if you're gonna sit an upgrade cycle out getting a year old phone seems kinda pointless tbh

lefty
09-30-2014, 10:43 AM
:lol if you're gonna sit an upgrade cycle out getting a year old phone seems kinda pointless tbh
But Rez wants stock Android

Or he could get the new Moto X
(Speaking of the new Moto X, why bigger too? The size of the 1st Moto X was perfect)

Heck even the new Moto G is fine

anakha
09-30-2014, 10:44 AM
lefty, if you're still planning to upgrade, better make sure your pants can handle 6 inches. :lol

lefty
09-30-2014, 10:45 AM
lefty (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6896), if you're still planning to upgrade, better make sure your pants can handle 6 inches. :lol
They can't

My milk generator is too big tbh, takes too much space

leemajors
09-30-2014, 10:47 AM
lol crotch tit

lefty
09-30-2014, 10:48 AM
lol crotch tit

resistanze
09-30-2014, 12:44 PM
But Rez wants stock Android

Or he could get the new Moto X
(Speaking of the new Moto X, why bigger too? The size of the 1st Moto X was perfect)

Heck even the new Moto G is fine
Yeah n o way I get an older phone.

Either Nexus 6 (if it's 5.2") or new Moto X. Or I'll wait till next summer (Don't want to).

lefty
09-30-2014, 01:09 PM
Yeah n o way I get an older phone.

Either Nexus 6 (if it's 5.2") or new Moto X. Or I'll wait till next summer (Don't want to).
Moto X
Heck even Moto G is pretty good :lol

TBH if Nexus 5 was released today, you wouldnt think it's an "old" phone; it's not like it's oudated, and it's gonna run Android L like a champ

resistanze
09-30-2014, 01:17 PM
Moto X
Heck even Moto G is pretty good :lol

TBH if Nexus 5 was released today, you wouldnt think it's an "old" phone; it's not like it's oudated, and it's gonna run Android L like a champ

Not saying it's slow, but there should be some signifcant discount for me to get it. I mean in all honesty, my S4 should run L fine too, it's not that much slower than the N5 (and has a better camera and removable battery/storage).

lefty
09-30-2014, 01:46 PM
Not saying it's slow, but there should be some signifcant discount for me to get it. I mean in all honesty, my S4 should run L fine too, it's not that much slower than the N5 (and has a better camera and removable battery/storage).
ok then

Venti Quattro
09-30-2014, 10:44 PM
They can't

My milk generator is too big tbh, takes too much space

Time to buy a man-purse tbh

:lmao 6 inches

lefty
09-30-2014, 10:47 PM
Time to buy a man-purse tbh

:lmao 6 inches
:lol Nexus
:lol 6 inch phone
:lol 6 inch phone with no stylus support, but with stock Android and a shit camera software

IronMaxipad
10-01-2014, 06:40 PM
http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1338/1381/original.jpg

IronMaxipad
10-01-2014, 06:41 PM
...nope

lefty
10-02-2014, 12:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1gEyKEz.gif

10-03-2014, 11:08 AM
My S4 is still holding up well so I'll just wait until my contract expires next August. Are the Moto x and Nexus 6 the only blockbuster phones coming out soon?

lefty
10-03-2014, 01:46 PM
My S4 is still holding up well so I'll just wait until my contract expires next August. Are the Moto x and Nexus 6 the only blockbuster phones coming out soon?
Z3, Z3C, Note 4

leemajors
10-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Z3, Z3C, Note 4

z3 got like 8.5 on verge today I think

anakha
10-03-2014, 03:20 PM
z3 got like 8.5 on verge today I think

Verge scoring is horseshit though.

https://i.imgur.com/7fMDfdx.jpg

Also: three days' reported battery life for the Z3C, easily outstripping everything else out there - gets a 9?

It's like they deliberately manipulated the scores to better fit their narrative... nah, they wouldn't do that.

leemajors
10-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Verge scoring is horseshit though.

https://i.imgur.com/7fMDfdx.jpg

Also: three days' reported battery life for the Z3C, easily outstripping everything else out there - gets a 9?

It's like they deliberately manipulated the scores to better fit their narrative... nah, they wouldn't do that.

:lol true

lefty
10-07-2014, 11:06 AM
resistanze

:lol Nexus 6 is bigger than the G3

http://www.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/styles/large/public/article_images/2014/09/Nexus-6-Shamu-photo-leak.jpg?itok=XXaCRDH2

resistanze
10-07-2014, 12:28 PM
resistanze

:lol Nexus 6 is bigger than the G3

http://www.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/styles/large/public/article_images/2014/09/Nexus-6-Shamu-photo-leak.jpg?itok=XXaCRDH2

Yup :lol
Shamu indeed, tbh. Not buying it.

lefty
10-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Yup :lol
Shamu indeed, tbh. Not buying it.
Moto X?
Moto G?

Or staying with S4 running L ?

resistanze
10-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Moto X?
Moto G?

Or staying with S4 running L ?

Probably S4 on L. Unless I can get the Moto X on discount.

lefty
10-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Unless I can get the Moto X on discount.
2014 version?
(and where could you get in on discount)?

resistanze
10-07-2014, 01:22 PM
2014 version?
(and where could you get in on discount)?

Yes. And nowhere lol. So I'm keeping the S4.

lefty
10-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Yes. And nowhere lol. So I'm keeping the S4.
Kimchisung FTW

anakha
10-09-2014, 06:07 AM

eyeh8u
10-15-2014, 11:46 AM
$650 :(

resistanze
10-15-2014, 12:17 PM
lol nexus

lefty
10-15-2014, 01:31 PM
Those idiots, going against the philosophy that made them successfull :lmao

OEMs are gonna tear up that ass :lmao

BTW resistanze, I sent my S4 for repair, I bought an unlocked Moto G for 200 Bucks at Staples :lol

(Im going to return it or sell it once I get my S4 back)

Not bad, some very useful features (Moto assist is cool); camera is shitty though

resistanze
10-15-2014, 01:34 PM
Those idiots, going against the philosophy that made them successfull :lmao

OEMs are gonna tear up that ass :lmao

BTW resistanze, I sent my S4 for repair, I bought an unlocked Moto G for 200 Bucks at Staples :lol

(Im going to return it or sell it once I get my S4 back)

Not bad, some very useful features (Moto assist is cool); camera is shitty though

Interesting...

I still am interested in the Z3 and Moto X...I have to see it in person.

lefty
10-15-2014, 01:40 PM
Interesting...

I still am interested in the Z3 and Moto X...I have to see it in person.
Both great phones

But you want something closer to stock Android, go with the Moto X

Clipper Nation
10-15-2014, 05:23 PM
:lol All these dumbass companies trying to throw rocks at Alpha's throne

anakha
10-15-2014, 05:30 PM
lefty, the Nexus 5 will still be available for sale at the old price. That might be your best option if you still need to change phones later on.

lefty
10-15-2014, 05:36 PM
lefty, the Nexus 5 will still be available for sale at the old price. That might be your best option if you still need to change phones later on.
Will keep an eye on it

Thanks

scanry
10-16-2014, 02:58 AM
^ My Nexus 5 crashes like crazy man. Especially the Internet browser.

I wouldn't recommend the N5 now that Moto X & N6 are out. BTW the N5's battery drains like Fergie peeing on stage.

My advise to the Algerian terrorist: Get the Alpha 6. It's worth selling fire arms for that piece of elite non Durant device.

anakha
10-16-2014, 03:12 AM
^ My Nexus 5 crashes like crazy man. Especially the Internet browser.

I wouldn't recommend the N5 now that Moto X & N6 are out. BTW the N5's battery drains like Fergie peeing on stage.

My advise to the Algerian terrorist: Get the Alpha 6. It's worth selling fire arms for that piece of elite non Durant device.

What the hell kind of porn you been looking at to get your browser to crash so often? :p:

lefty's been looking for a relatively low-cost but high-end phone to go contractless up in Kenedeh. N6 or the Alpha phones are a little bit above that budget.

If the new Moto X gets a price drop below $500, maybe.

Venti Quattro
10-16-2014, 03:49 AM
Why is lefty into low-cost phones now? Gonna turn that shit into a detonator?

anakha
10-16-2014, 04:00 AM

Not recommended.

"Unfortunately, the process android.process.kaboom has stopped"

scanry
10-16-2014, 04:21 AM
What the hell kind of porn you been looking at to get your browser to crash so often? :p:

lefty's been looking for a relatively low-cost but high-end phone to go contractless up in Kenedeh. N6 or the Alpha phones are a little bit above that budget.

If the new Moto X gets a price drop below $500, maybe.

Even Sports sites crash.

Chrome & especially Firefox crash like hell man. Heck even facebook gets non responsive from time to time. The Android experience has been relatively good so far but i could do with a more stable OS tbh. Haven't used Alphas in a while, but my next phone could be just that.

scanry
10-16-2014, 04:22 AM
Why is lefty (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6896) into low-cost phones now? Gonna turn that shit into a detonator?

Them Chinese handsets would suit him well tbh.

lefty
10-16-2014, 06:40 AM

No, I'm trying to save money for your Christmas gift, a nice Louis Vutton Quatto purse

Venti Quattro
10-16-2014, 10:15 AM
$650 :(
Unlocked. Considering that the Nexus 6 is a premium device like the iPhone 6 plus (starts at $900) and the Galaxy Note 4 (starts at $850), it isn't as bad.

Venti Quattro
10-16-2014, 10:25 AM
Hmm so now I'm kinda torn whether I should I get this or the Note 4. 6 inches with Quad HD and the latest iteration of Android is tempting. Although Nexus' history of crappy phone cameras bothers me...

scanry
10-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Anything but poorsung Venti. The interface & the touchwiz is beyond terrible. I couldn't last 4 months with an S4. I sold that crap right away.

lefty
10-16-2014, 10:55 AM
Unlocked. Considering that the Nexus 6 is a premium device like the iPhone 6 plus (starts at $900) and the Galaxy Note 4 (starts at $850), it isn't as bad.Well it's a premium device according to Google

At the same price , I woud rather buy a flagship from LG, Kimchsung, HTCuck or Sony

The appeal of the Nexus line was its price, I'm pretty sure Google has a new deal with carriers - who were worried by the fact that more and more people are getting cheaper unlocked phones like the Nexus to avoid contracts

lefty
10-16-2014, 10:55 AM
Anything but poorsung Venti. The interface & the touchwiz is beyond terrible. I couldn't last 4 months with an S4. I sold that crap right away.
I use a launcher; problem solved

I like the phone and the TW features

Venti Quattro
10-16-2014, 10:56 AM
Ya got me thinking about the N6 64 GB iteration without bloatware. Look at how much extra porn I can carry without the bloatware. However I really love the Note 4 :cry

Venti Quattro
10-16-2014, 10:59 AM
Well it's a premium device according to Google
Hmmmm when I look at the specs and build quality this Nexus iteration screams premium device. However you have a point. Moto is trying to play with the giants now. The Nexus 6 needs to deliver (marry specs and performance) if they want to be truly called premium or else they're gonna end up like those big screen Sony devices nobody gives a shit about.

anakha
10-17-2014, 01:55 AM
With the Z3 and Z3C being available in more US carriers (lol at the verizon Z3 though), that "nobody gives a shit" should hopefully change soon.

Venti Quattro
10-17-2014, 05:04 AM
With the Z3 and Z3C being available in more US carriers (lol at the verizon Z3 though), that "nobody gives a shit" should hopefully change soon.

Sony zzzzzzzzzzz nobody still gives a shit. You are a tech reviewer right? Can you please do a comparison of the Note 4 and the Nexus 6? What are the pros and cons of each phone? Thanks

anakha
10-17-2014, 05:21 AM
:lol the other sites will have their reviews up before we even get a hold of the Nexus 6 over here in the Third World.

The local launch event for the Note 4 is on the 25th, and I should have a hands on of that by then.

For the Nexus 6, just wait for the anandtech review.

Still, based on initial feedback, choosing between either simply comes down to how much you'll be using the stylus.

Venti Quattro
10-17-2014, 07:47 AM
I don't like Indian reviewers anakha they stink like their reviews.

lefty
10-17-2014, 08:16 AM
yup

The tech community has been positive towards those 2 phones so far

Especially the Z3C, a mini version of the Z3 that has flagship specs ... great move by Sony, because Mini/compact versions of flagships are usually shit

anakha
10-19-2014, 12:03 AM
crofl Google

Nexus Player announced but can't be pre-ordered because it doesn't have FCC certification yet (http://gizmodo.com/nexus-player-pulled-from-google-play-store-over-fcc-cer-1647946963)

I don't like Indian reviewers anakha they stink like their reviews.

What, you prefer Engadget or The Verge? Those morons give passing scores to unusable pieces of shit. :lol

lefty
10-19-2014, 12:06 AM
I've read some reviews from Android Police and I enjoy them

Their website looks like it's from Slow-venia, but the content seems good

I need to spend more time on it to judge

Venti Quattro
10-19-2014, 12:11 AM
Their website looks like it's from Slow-venia, but the content seems good

:lol Algerian internet

lefty
10-19-2014, 12:17 AM
:lol Algerian internet
:cry fuck you

leemajors
10-19-2014, 02:10 PM
crofl google for that terrible android wk commercial, just horrible.

anakha
10-21-2014, 07:07 PM
http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/21/7025853/google-nexus-6-hands-on-photos-video-android-phablet

Yes I know it's the Verge (lol), but I'm posting this for the camera shots on that page.

Looks like a pretty big step up from previous Nexus phones in terms of camera quality.

POPownsJackson
10-29-2014, 12:34 AM
1440 resolution screen, damn

resistanze
10-29-2014, 09:55 AM
yup

The tech community has been positive towards those 2 phones so far

Especially the Z3C, a mini version of the Z3 that has flagship specs ... great move by Sony, because Mini/compact versions of flagships are usually shit

Piece of shit S4 stopped charging :lol

It expanded my other battery too. Gonna have to bite the bullet and get a Z3 probably.

lefty
10-29-2014, 10:00 AM

It expanded my other battery too. Gonna have to bite the bullet and get a Z3 probably.
wtf :lol

Now I'm scared

Z3C looks great too

A family member thas the Xperia SP
It has its little bugs because it's a midrange device, but I really like the UI; and it has on screen buttons if you prefer that
It's nice to hold as well, good build quality

leemajors
10-29-2014, 10:31 AM

Dunno if it's still active, but:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/17/samsung-s4-faulty-battery-replacement

resistanze
10-30-2014, 09:11 AM
Dunno if it's still active, but:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/17/samsung-s4-faulty-battery-replacement

Yeah, thanks. I think it's dead. The battery was a spare I got on Amazon so not sure if it counts.

Venti Quattro
10-30-2014, 09:20 AM
My sister tried ordering from the Google play website and it was sold out in 2 minutes. wtf?

lefty
10-30-2014, 09:24 AM
My sister tried ordering from the Google play website and it was sold out in 2 minutes. wtf?
why would she do that ?

Anyway did you get your hetero Note 4 ?

Venti Quattro
10-30-2014, 09:27 AM
why would she do that ?
She just wanted to try her luck tbh.

Anyway did you get your hetero Note 4 ?
Lol of course. It's majestic :cry

I can OK Google from any screen and I don't have to press the home or power button to unlock the phone

The fingerprint scanner is *kind of* flimsy but it works 90-95% of the time so I can say it's better than the S5's even without having spent a single second using the S5.

lefty
10-30-2014, 09:40 AM
She just wanted to try her luck tbh.

Lol of course. It's majestic :cry

I can OK Google from any screen and I don't have to press the home or power button to unlock the phone

The fingerprint scanner is *kind of* flimsy but it works 90-95% of the time so I can say it's better than the S5's even without having spent a single second using the S5.
:cry awesome
:lol Tim Cook

Venti Quattro
10-30-2014, 09:43 AM
:cry awesome

And the metal band :cry So premium :cry

However the Nexus 6 is really tempting too. Premium build, almost the same specs as the Note 4 with the latest edition of Android. Material design is very good, but the jury is still out whether it can run as well in older Android devices.

lefty
10-30-2014, 09:51 AM
And the metal band :cry So premium :cry

However the Nexus 6 is really tempting too. Premium build, almost the same specs as the Note 4 with the latest edition of Android. Material design is very good, but the jury is still out whether it can run as well in older Android devices.
Size for size, and considering the N6 price, the Note 4 is the clear choice imo

Whats the point of making a big ass phone if it doesnt offer good phablet features ?

The N6 is just a bigger vanilla android phone

Venti Quattro
10-30-2014, 07:10 PM
Size for size, and considering the N6 price, the Note 4 is the clear choice imo

Whats the point of making a big ass phone if it doesnt offer good phablet features ?

The N6 is just a bigger vanilla android phone
Well you have a point, and because the Note 4 is going to be one of the first devices to get Android 5.0

anakha
10-30-2014, 07:20 PM
Well you have a point, and because the Note 4 is going to be one of the first devices to get Android 5.0

Not with Slowsung's track record:

http://cdn.androidorigin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Android-4.5-5.0-L-Update.jpg?13cc21

Venti Quattro
10-30-2014, 07:21 PM
Not with Slowsung's track record:

http://cdn.androidorigin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Android-4.5-5.0-L-Update.jpg?13cc21

Rumors are they're really pushing for a quicker roll-out of L on Note 4. Let's hope they're not Bullshitsung

lefty
10-30-2014, 07:23 PM
anakha

N4 is getting Lollipop in December

anakha
10-30-2014, 07:25 PM
anakha

N4 is getting Lollipop in December

Since the N6/N9 will be coming out in November, anybody complaining about a one-month delay to get updates on a 2-year old device is basically sperging out.

lefty
10-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Since the N6/N9 will be coming out in November, anybody complaining about a one-month delay to get updates on a 2-year old device is basically sperging out.

Note 4 not Nexus 4

Venti Quattro
10-30-2014, 07:37 PM
Note 4 not Nexus 4

:lmao :lmao

anakha
10-30-2014, 07:38 PM
Ah, got it.

Eh, I'm skeptical. Anybody the fucks around with stock Android as much as Samsung does is going to make a shitton of changes to 5.0 before they roll it out.

lefty
10-30-2014, 07:42 PM
Ah, got it.

Eh, I'm skeptical. Anybody the fucks around with stock Android as much as Samsung does is going to make a shitton of changes to 5.0 before they roll it out.

Meh

Its not like Lollipop is gonna add features OEM phones don't already have anyway

In fact Google has been adding OEM features to stock Android over the last few years

Venti Quattro
10-30-2014, 07:43 PM
Ah, got it.

I hope they roll it out as stock :lol :lol

anakha
10-30-2014, 07:57 PM
Meh

Its not like Lollipop is gonna add features OEM phones don't already have anyway

In fact Google has been adding OEM features to stock Android over the last few years

For one thing, I'd rather have the stock security options in Lollipop than that Knox horseshit.

lefty
10-30-2014, 08:08 PM
For one thing, I'd rather have the stock security options in Lollipop than that Knox horseshit.

Disabled Knox, non issue

anakha
10-30-2014, 08:13 PM
Disabled Knox, non issue

The question is if Samsung will not include the new stock security features.

If they scrap that for Knox, they're setting themselves up to get ass-reamed.

lefty
10-30-2014, 09:07 PM

Why?
(Srs question tbh)

anakha
10-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Why?
(Srs question tbh)

Samsung has seen and is well aware of how effective Apple is in keeping customers. This is because these customers, once fully immersed in Apple's ecosystem, have decreased motivation to abandon it for a completely new user experience.

Samsung wants to achieve that same level of customer loyalty, so they've been trying to set up their own specific ecosystem, separate from Google's, to capture those buyers of Samsung phones.

Why do this? Look at the PC and laptop market. When one company dictates the OS these OEMs put in their hardware and does not allow for variations, it becomes a race to the bottom. There's no brand loyalty in that kind of situation. Google is well-aware of this, so while they have made AOSP itself a bit more of a walled garden, they haven't and won't lock out variations entirely because they know that will drive off the OEMs and curtail the mass use of Google services that they want.

Because Google won't let its native apps be removed from Android phones without ejecting the offending OEM from the Open Handset Alliance, Samsung won't entirely succeed in creating a wholly separate ecosystem until they stop using Android, but they know that leaving the Android ecosystem entirely right now will just fuck them over, because their third-party app market just can't compete with Google Play at this point.

Overall, it's kind of a stalemate between Google and Samsung on this. Google doesn't want Samsung to leave, so they allow as much of the OS as they can to be messed around with, and Samsung wants to be independent of Google but can't yet, so they shove as much proprietary apps as they can into their Android phones and hope that sets them up further down the line.

anakha
10-30-2014, 09:24 PM
It doesn't help either that Samsung's proprietary apps are hit-or-miss in terms of quality.

lefty
10-30-2014, 10:01 PM
It doesn't help either that Samsung's proprietary apps are hit-or-miss in terms of quality.

Thats true

But I love their camera app

lefty
10-30-2014, 10:27 PM
Nexus 6 launch =Nexus 4 launch all over again

anakha
10-30-2014, 10:40 PM
Nexus 6 launch =Nexus 4 launch all over again

Yeah, it's been a bit of a clusterfuck.

leemajors
10-31-2014, 08:24 AM
Samsung has seen and is well aware of how effective Apple is in keeping customers. This is because these customers, once fully immersed in Apple's ecosystem, have decreased motivation to abandon it for a completely new user experience.

Samsung wants to achieve that same level of customer loyalty, so they've been trying to set up their own specific ecosystem, separate from Google's, to capture those buyers of Samsung phones.

Why do this? Look at the PC and laptop market. When one company dictates the OS these OEMs put in their hardware and does not allow for variations, it becomes a race to the bottom. There's no brand loyalty in that kind of situation. Google is well-aware of this, so while they have made AOSP itself a bit more of a walled garden, they haven't and won't lock out variations entirely because they know that will drive off the OEMs and curtail the mass use of Google services that they want.

Because Google won't let its native apps be removed from Android phones without ejecting the offending OEM from the Open Handset Alliance, Samsung won't entirely succeed in creating a wholly separate ecosystem until they stop using Android, but they know that leaving the Android ecosystem entirely right now will just fuck them over, because their third-party app market just can't compete with Google Play at this point.

Overall, it's kind of a stalemate between Google and Samsung on this. Google doesn't want Samsung to leave, so they allow as much of the OS as they can to be messed around with, and Samsung wants to be independent of Google but can't yet, so they shove as much proprietary apps as they can into their Android phones and hope that sets them up further down the line.

:tu

lefty
11-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Grabbed the new Gmail (5.0) APK on Androidpolice

Pretty nice tbqh

Venti Quattro
11-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Do you guys have a comparison of the Nexus 6 and the Note 4. Thanks

lefty
11-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Do you guys have a comparison of the Nexus 6 and the Note 4. Thanksyes

lol Nexus 6

Venti Quattro
11-03-2014, 10:35 AM
yes

lol Nexus 6
:lmao seriously now :lol

lefty
11-03-2014, 11:05 AM
:lmao seriously now :lol
You haven't found any intereresting or unbiased Nexus 6 vs Note 4 articles on tech blogs?

Venti Quattro
11-03-2014, 08:49 PM
You haven't found any intereresting or unbiased Nexus 6 vs Note 4 articles on tech blogs?

I wouldn't be asking if I already found one

lefty
11-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Then you know my position on this one

For the size and price I would rather go for the Note 4 tbqh

leemajors
11-03-2014, 11:07 PM
Nexus 9 getting shit on left and right :lol htc

lefty
11-03-2014, 11:32 PM
Nexus 9 getting shit on left and right :lol htc

Why tbh

anakha
11-04-2014, 01:25 AM
Why tbh

Crappy build quality, shipped with buggy-as-shit pre-production 5.0 software.

For a tablet costing at least $400, you'd think they'd at least have tried to make it worth that price.

anakha
11-04-2014, 01:26 AM

Wait for the formal reviews of the N6 to come out.

I've already done a comparison on my end. Again it comes down to whether you really need the stylus functions or not.

anakha
11-04-2014, 05:06 AM
To be fair, there seem to be wildly differing opinions so far, based on the summary of all available reviews to date:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2l7ih6/my_review_of_nexus_9_reviews/

To be safe, just wait for Anandtech to publish their review.

lefty
11-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Crappy build quality, shipped with buggy-as-shit pre-production 5.0 software.

For a tablet costing at least $400, you'd think they'd at least have tried to make it worth that price.
Well new software is always buggy so no surprise here

As for the build qualilty Im surprised since it's HTC

And the Verge = iVerge so you knew they would feast on it

:lol I'm still rocking my 2012 Nexus 7

Venti Quattro
11-04-2014, 10:55 AM
I found /r/nexus6 and /r/galaxynote4. They made comparisons and wow the Galaxy Note 4 blew me away.

lefty
11-04-2014, 11:12 AM
Reddit is great tbh

leemajors
11-04-2014, 11:42 AM

apparently it also bleeds light like a mofo on the top bezel, pretty shitty tbh

resistanze
11-04-2014, 12:13 PM

Yeah $400 is too much, gmfab. Nexus 9 should've been $299 for 32GB.

leemajors
11-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Yeah $400 is too much, gmfab. Nexus 9 should've been $299 for 32GB.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/4/7154825/htc-selling-nexus-9-tablet-for-half-price

Fire sale on 2nd day :lmao

lefty
11-04-2014, 01:32 PM
http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/4/7154825/htc-selling-nexus-9-tablet-for-half-price

Fire sale on 2nd day :lmao
:lol Lolgle
:lol HTCuck

resistanze
11-04-2014, 03:18 PM
LMAO HTC.

Even failing when associated with Google

anakha
11-05-2014, 02:55 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking Alpha or the ASUS T200 as my new tablet toy this coming Black Friday sale.

Can't really justify the price on a 32GB N9 unless Anandtech comes out with a glowing review on the thing.

lefty
11-05-2014, 07:38 AM
The NVDIA tablet is pretty good

lefty
11-05-2014, 02:37 PM

http://www.androidauthority.com/google-sells-out-nexus-6-wednesday-564311/

anakha
11-06-2014, 03:36 AM
Yeah, this is shaping up to be an even worse ordering clusterfuck than the Nexus 4.

lefty
11-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Nexus 6 can now be bought directly from Motorola.

Libri
11-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Nexus 6 can now be bought directly from Motorola.

What phone you have now?

lefty
11-06-2014, 10:18 PM
What phone you have now?

S4

Libri
11-07-2014, 12:27 AM
S4

Waiting for the S6?

lefty
11-07-2014, 12:53 AM
Waiting for the S6?
Maybe
Or Sony

Was thinking Nexus because fuck contracts but now that the price has gone way up I don't see the point

Venti Quattro
11-07-2014, 01:05 AM
Was thinking Nexus because fuck contracts but now that the price has gone way up I don't see the point

Lol it's still cheaper than Kimchisung and Gaypple with almost the same specs as the Note 4.

lefty
11-07-2014, 02:14 AM
Lol it's still cheaper than Kimchisung and Gaypple with almost the same specs as the Note 4.

Outright, I would rather pay the same or more for a Samsung.
You get replaceable battery, expandable storage, better camera and more features.

:lol stock Android

And it may have similar specs to the Purse 4, but let's face it the Note 4 is a better phone overall

Venti Quattro
11-07-2014, 02:43 AM
And it may have similar specs to the Purse 4, but let's face it the Note 4 is a better phone overall

Of course :lol :tu

Venti Quattro
11-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Damn, my interest in the Nexus 6 just went down the drain.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/11/nexus-6-review-the-premium-price-still-comes-with-compromises

leemajors
11-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Damn, my interest in the Nexus 6 just went down the drain.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/11/nexus-6-review-the-premium-price-still-comes-with-compromises

:lmao nexus pink

anakha
11-12-2014, 06:46 PM
The consensus reaction among the N6 reviews has been one giant 'Eh'.

Not quite what you want to see for a $650 whale of a phone.

E: http://www.anandtech.com/show/8687/the-nexus-6-review
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/11/nexus-6-review-the-premium-price-still-comes-with-compromises/

Venti Quattro
11-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Iverge gave it an 8.6 lol

Venti Quattro
11-13-2014, 03:20 AM
:lmao nexus pink

People in /r/Android and /r/nexus6 are freaking out. It's like the Nexus 6 was piloted by Islamic jihadists to the World Trade center.

leemajors
11-13-2014, 08:15 AM
Iverge gave it an 8.6 lol

verge didn't even notice the pinking :lmao

lefty
11-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Androidcentral :lol

"The Nexus 6 is a really big Moto X, minus most of the good Moto X bits"

Venti Quattro
11-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Androidcentral :lol

"The Nexus 6 is a really big Moto X, minus most of the good Moto X bits"

That settles it for me.

leemajors
11-13-2014, 02:58 PM

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7214907/samsung-partners-with-blackberry-to-beef-up-android-security

anakha
11-13-2014, 05:10 PM
http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7214907/samsung-partners-with-blackberry-to-beef-up-android-security

So they're keeping Knox, which is kind of expected.

Now to see if their version of 5.0 keeps the stock security features.

lefty
11-13-2014, 05:30 PM
So they're keeping Knox, which is kind of expected.

Now to see if their version of 5.0 keeps the stock security features.
I don't think so

Samsung owns Google's ass

anakha
11-13-2014, 05:33 PM
I don't think so

Samsung owns Google's ass

:lol if they remove the stock security shit, that's a forked version of Android.

Samsung is going to end up as a poor man's Amazon if that happens.

Venti Quattro
11-15-2014, 10:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoAPTdvgAJg

lefty
11-15-2014, 11:47 PM
I like Marques

Dat wiry nigga sounds like a white dude

But he is fucking annoying sometimes with his fetish for stock Android

IronMaxipad
11-17-2014, 04:13 PM
stock android is best android

lefty
11-17-2014, 04:20 PM
stock android is best android
lol no

lefty
12-16-2014, 03:34 PM
resistanze

Wind Mobile is giving away 60 N6 today

resistanze
12-16-2014, 05:30 PM
resistanze

Wind Mobile is giving away 60 N6 today

What you mean giving away....free?

lefty
12-16-2014, 06:07 PM
What you mean giving away....free?

Yes

On their Twitter account

(But I'm guessing u don't have an account)

Venti Quattro
10-05-2015, 11:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DajHWzTicZA

resistanze lefty are you gonna get your hands on the 6P? Thinking of getting this if you give me good reviews. Fucking fed up with Pyongsung

Aside from the weird placement of the finger print sensor, this really looks like a solid phone.

lefty
10-06-2015, 11:49 AM
lol no Nexus for me

:lol boring stock OS
:lol shitty cameras
:lol buggy OS updates
:lol stock android Nexus nerds
:lol fat "minimalist" Nexus hipster fags with plaid shirts and carefully trimmed beards
:lol Material Design fetichists
:lol "if it's not material design it sucks"

:lol hypocrites
:lol "fuck OEM features/bloat"
:lol Google adds existing OEM features to stock Android
:lol "OMG, boner, Nexus is getting multitasking, stock Android rules, let's all suck each other's minimalist cocks! "

:lol Nexus owners end up getting bloat anyway, because their phones are barebone, so they have to download/install 3rd party apps anyway

Venti Quattro
10-08-2015, 10:25 AM
lol no Nexus for me

:lol boring stock OS
:lol shitty cameras
:lol buggy OS updates
:lol stock android Nexus nerds
:lol fat "minimalist" Nexus hipster fags with plaid shirts and carefully trimmed beards
:lol Material Design fetichists
:lol "if it's not material design it sucks"

:lol hypocrites
:lol "fuck OEM features/bloat"
:lol Google adds existing OEM features to stock Android
:lol "OMG, boner, Nexus is getting multitasking, stock Android rules, let's all suck each other's minimalist cocks! "

:lol Nexus owners end up getting bloat anyway, because their phones are barebone, so they have to download/install 3rd party apps anyway

128 GB storage option though

Venti Quattro
10-22-2015, 07:49 PM
lol no Nexus for me

Everyone loves the Nexus 6P now... even the device's camera. So what do you say?

lefty
10-22-2015, 09:26 PM
Everyone loves the Nexus 6P now... even the device's camera. So what do you say?

So they FINALLY got the camera right?

Good, that means I'll just remove "crappy cameras" from my :lol list

Lol 6P's back looks like a device from a bad 70's sci-fi tv show

Drachen
10-24-2015, 01:07 PM
I have a galaxy s6 and my wife has a g4. Both of us want to switch out for a 6p and 5x respectively.

lefty
10-24-2015, 02:04 PM
I have a galaxy s6 and my wife has a g4. Both of us want to switch out for a 6p and 5x respectively.

Do you live in SodoSopa ?

Drachen
10-24-2015, 03:20 PM
Do you live in SodoSopa ?

What is sodosopa

lefty
10-24-2015, 04:35 PM
What is sodosopa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miXMWJyOdgw

ElNono
10-24-2015, 05:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miXMWJyOdgw