PDA

View Full Version : Raiders now moving to San Antonio?

xmas1997
07-29-2014, 05:01 PM
Davis is now using the city to leverage a new stadium in Oakland, just heard on KSAT-TV News.
They are continuing to monitor the story.
Will keep you posted.

spurraider21
07-29-2014, 05:03 PM
Davis is now using the city to leverage a new stadium in Oakland, just heard on KSAT-TV News.
They are continuing to monitor the story.
Will keep you posted.
fuck, i really need to move to texas :lol

jeebus
07-29-2014, 05:06 PM
:lol get ready for the alamodome being 1/3 full every week

xmas1997
07-29-2014, 05:22 PM
If you need a link, here it is:

http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/pro-sports/article/Oakland-Raiders-owner-in-talks-with-SA-to-5654812.php

On July 18, Davis met with the officials, including Henry Cisneros, then-Mayor Julián Castro, City Manager Sheryl Sculley, Mario Hernandez of the San Antonio Economic Development Foundation, and both Richard Perez and David McGee, the president and chairman of the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, respectively.

San Antonio has often been used as a bargaining chip for pro sports franchises trying to negotiate better deals in their own respective cities, but sources have characterized Davis' interest in San Antonio to be at least somewhat more serious. He is clearly perturbed with his current situation in Oakland, where the team's lease expires after the 2014-15 season.

Cisneros, who led the charge to build the Alamodome when he was mayor, has been described by sources as the architect of the meeting.

Davis and his associates reportedly spent two or three days here, visiting the Alamodome and other places. They also took an aerial tour of the city in a helicopter, arranged by developer Marty Wender.

xmas1997
07-29-2014, 07:43 PM
This thread should be merged with the other one, or deleted IMHO.

DJR210
07-29-2014, 08:20 PM
:lol get ready for the alamodome being 1/3 full every week

Not sure about that. The Saints sold that shit out while they were here.

jeebus
07-29-2014, 08:28 PM
Not sure about that. The Saints sold that shit out while they were here.
Yes but only because the alamodome accepted EBT cards. Won't work this time around fwiw.

DJR210
07-29-2014, 08:31 PM
Yes but only because the alamodome accepted EBT cards. Won't work this time around fwiw.

:lol chill. You in San Antonio?

jeebus
07-29-2014, 08:34 PM
:lol chill. You in San Antonio?
Yes unfortunately. Hopefully not for much longer.

http://i.imgur.com/pR02KFU.jpg

DJR210
07-29-2014, 08:36 PM
Yes unfortunately. Hopefully not for much longer.

Hah..I'm assuming you're in butthurt denial cuz' if they do move here you're gonna have to drive to the Houston market or watch on shitty streaming sites online? :lol

Pelicans78
07-29-2014, 08:37 PM
Wait so San Antonio is in play for the Raiders and the A's? What's next? The Warriors moving to North San Antonio?

jeebus
07-29-2014, 08:40 PM
Hah..I'm assuming you're in butthurt denial cuz' if they do move here you're gonna have to drive to the Houston market or watch on shitty streaming sites online? :lol
Uh, no. I don't want to live this far down southPERIOD. Tired of shitty weather and this city; nothing sports related.

DJR210
07-29-2014, 08:42 PM
Uh, no. I don't want to live this far down southPERIOD. Tired of shitty weather and this city; nothing sports related.

Was referring to the negativity towards a possible relocation of OAK, not the hate on SA.

jeebus
07-29-2014, 08:47 PM
Was referring to the negativity towards a possible relocation of OAK, not the hate on SA.
Oh, I don't care about it tbh; it'll never happen. Jones will make sure of that.

DJR210
07-29-2014, 09:02 PM
Oh, I don't care about it tbh; it'll never happen. Jones will make sure of that.

Fucking Jerrah tbh

jeebus
07-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Fucking Jerrah tbh
tbh he could lose a lot of the Austin/SA/NB/SM/CC area if the move happened.

DJR210
07-29-2014, 09:48 PM
tbh he could lose a lot of the Austin/SA/NB/SM/CC area if the move happened.

I personally would never switch allegiances. It would be my avenue to see the Cowboys in person on the inevitable Sunday Night Football opener, and hopefully once a year.

leemajors
07-29-2014, 09:50 PM

“I thought it was somebody joking with me when they came out about them going to San [Antonio]. So I don’t have any comment other than how valued I feel and the Cowboys feel about our fans in San Antonio,” Jones said. “I am very pleased that we have the fan base that we have down there and the percentage of fans that we have; I think it is 97, 98, 99 percent Cowboys fans in that area…It would be difficult for [the Raiders] to make headway. I’ll make sure of that. That would be very difficult.”

spurraider21
07-29-2014, 09:51 PM
he sounds scurred

while i'm scoffing at the notion that ":cry jerruh won't allow it" i do prefer the raiders stay in Cali, and preferably LA

lefty
07-30-2014, 08:24 AM
lol fat necks with the premature ejac

moar football, moar fries and chicken wings and couch time

leemajors
07-30-2014, 08:36 AM
he sounds scurred

while i'm scoffing at the notion that ":cry jerruh won't allow it" i do prefer the raiders stay in Cali, and preferably LA

I don't think he is scared in the slightest tbh, he could probably easily convince enough owners to block it.

djohn2oo8
07-30-2014, 08:47 AM
Yeah, Jerry won't allow it, neither will UT.

Trainwreck2100
07-30-2014, 09:11 AM

don't forget teh bitches

spurraider21
07-30-2014, 10:44 AM
I don't think he is scared in the slightest tbh, he could probably easily convince enough owners to block it.
Teams with bad stadium situations are a drain on the league. If San Antonio theoretically was the only city with an actual agreement to provide a state of the art facility, it's bad business to block it. Outside the cowboys and Texas I don't see any reason to block it

leemajors
07-30-2014, 10:48 AM
Teams with bad stadium situations are a drain on the league. If San Antonio theoretically was the only city with an actual agreement to provide a state of the art facility, it's bad business to block it. Outside the cowboys and Texas I don't see any reason to block it

Bad business for Jerruh not to block it too :lol He makes terrible football decisions, but you can't say he makes many bad business decisions. I'm sure the Texans wouldn't be happy about their TV coverage in TX being cut in half either.

DJR210
07-30-2014, 10:49 AM
:lol Jerry

Everyone is getting tired of his shit, I expect to see a HUGE increase of rival teams jerseys in the stands this year. Attendance in Oxnard is alarming low this year. Seeing the crowd as orange last year against the Broncos was amazing. This faggot really thinks his support is still where it was 7 years ago when they went 13-3 with Romo and Owens lighting up the scoreboard.

spurraider21
07-30-2014, 11:19 AM
Bad business for Jerruh not to block it too :lol He makes terrible football decisions, but you can't say he makes many bad business decisions. I'm sure the Texans wouldn't be happy about their TV coverage in TX being cut in half either.
true. as i said in the thread over in the spurs forum, it realistically just makes sense for Dallas/Houston to oppose it, but its in everybody else's worst interests to have a team struggling with those kinds of issues. What if they're forced to move to London :lol

Clipper Nation
07-30-2014, 11:20 AM
lol fat necks with the premature ejac

moar football, moar fries and chicken wings and couch time
You forgot less povertyball and more real sports :lol

leemajors
07-30-2014, 12:05 PM
true. as i said in the thread over in the spurs forum, it realistically just makes sense for Dallas/Houston to oppose it, but its in everybody else's worst interests to have a team struggling with those kinds of issues. What if they're forced to move to London :lol

I don't see how anyone in TX in their right mind would want to fork over even more money to pay for a fucking stadium, esp with property taxes exploding like they are.

lebomb
07-30-2014, 12:12 PM
Jerrah cant block shit. If the Raiders really want to move to SA believe me they can. How in the hell can Jerrah block it? Threaten to leave the league? Form his own?

xmas1997
07-30-2014, 12:26 PM
Doesn't it take an agreement of 24 of the 32 owners to approve a relocation?
Could JJ muster 8 more votes besides himself to block it?

Pelicans78
07-30-2014, 12:34 PM
There are enough fans in Houston and Dallas to support their teams. Having a team in San Antonio won't cause much of dent.

leemajors
07-30-2014, 12:38 PM
Doesn't it take an agreement of 24 of the 32 owners to approve a relocation?
Could JJ muster 8 more votes besides himself to block it?

without breaking a sweat.

spurraider21
07-30-2014, 01:22 PM
I don't see how anyone in TX in their right mind would want to fork over even more money to pay for a fucking stadium, esp with property taxes exploding like they are.
Texas complaining about taxes? Maybe but I find that humorous coming from cali

leemajors
07-30-2014, 01:40 PM
Texas complaining about taxes? Maybe but I find that humorous coming from cali

No state income tax means they hit you hard elsewhere :lol

Pelicans78
07-30-2014, 02:07 PM
But the property tax in Texas isn't as high as state income taxes in other states. Plus I pay a small property tax here in Louisiana in addition to a state income tax.

leemajors
07-30-2014, 02:23 PM
But the property tax in Texas isn't as high as state income taxes in other states. Plus I pay a small property tax here in Louisiana in addition to a state income tax.

Sorry, I should have clarified I was speaking of the Austin area specifically. Values here are terribly skewed, especially in the central Austin area - you can barely go anywhere without hearing someone bitch about their property taxes, or rent increases due to property taxes. I haven't lived in any other state as an adult, so I know little about other states besides what my friends tell me.