PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Did Riley knee jerk react with Bosh max deal?

MultiTroll
07-31-2014, 06:50 PM
"I don't get hurt. ... The hurt didn't last long."
^^^^^ Riles regarding LeBron choosing Cleveland.

If you "don't get hurt" then how can it be that "the hurt didn't last that long"?

Whether or not you think Bosh is worth max money at 5 years and 118 million, do you think the signing was a complete hurt reaction by Riles? I think so.
As to Bosh being max, no way, and I'm not a Bosh hater. Very good 2nd-3rd option player but no way is he #1 max money.

Spurs 4 The Win
07-31-2014, 06:54 PM
Did you knee-jerk to make this thread? :lol

Dex
07-31-2014, 06:58 PM
He gave Chris fucking Bosh a max contract when last year showed he is on the decline. Of course he knee-jerk reacted.

:lmao Miami

MultiTroll
07-31-2014, 07:08 PM
He gave Chris fucking Bosh a max contract when last year showed he is on the decline. Of course he knee-jerk reacted.

Right. But this is supposed to be *The Godfather".
I thought his speech about staying would have been great had he left out the bitter "you can go ahead and run away" -paraphrasing- which he was obviously aiming at LeBron. Altho Riles now notes that many of the Heat players were potential leavers and he claims that was for all of them, not just LeBron. Yeah right.

Cry Havoc
07-31-2014, 07:09 PM

Nope. Riles did what he did for two reasons, and two reasons only: To keep butts in seats and to save face. He knows they won't win a title, but a relatively competitive team in the Least will still get a decent W-L and people will still show up to see the Heat play. If he lost Bosh, they could cut the seating by 50% for AAA and still not fill up that place.

benstanfield
07-31-2014, 07:11 PM
It was either pay Bosh the max or go from 4 time EC champs to a horrendous lottery team with no assets in one summer. Riley saving his own skin per par, they'll durdle around in the playoffs a few years and try to reload.

Chinook
07-31-2014, 07:14 PM
Riley is extremely overrated as a GM, right up there with Bird and Morey. But the Bosh deal was a good one. If the Heat play their cards right, they'll still be a top team in the East by going at Bosh. They match up pretty well with Cleveland, for example. Bosh is the best big in the East as of right now. That's extremely valuable.

MultiTroll
07-31-2014, 07:14 PM
Nope. Riles did what he did for two reasons, and two reasons only: To keep butts in seats and to save face. He knows they won't win a title, but a relatively competitive team in the Least will still get a decent W-L and people will still show up to see the Heat play. If he lost Bosh, they could cut the seating by 50% for AAA and still not fill up that place.
Riley now claims he is positioning for the 2016 free agency market.
I agree with you. If Riley is going for 2016, why sign Bosh max for 5 years until 2019. :lol
Ditto DWade. He should have been offered one year. Instead he gets a silly *reward contract* because Riles was bitter at LeBron.

SpurSwag
07-31-2014, 07:44 PM
Don't really understand the hate, it is stupid to throw max contracts around, but in this case what better option did they have? It's not like some other near max caliber player was gonna have interest in Miami any time soon, might as well hang on to bosh and remain relevant in a pretty open conference.

Thread
07-31-2014, 08:19 PM
I don't know if he's a piss pot chickenshit or not (I can't keep track of all of them) but he's got a cogent point. This guy (Bosh) was on a banana peel just before Pop & Amy's wife fled thru side door. I mean Media had strung him up and was dragging Bosh thru the fuckin' streets just last June. And that was at ring. He gets creamed a month ago, can't hold his own water, must less LeBron's and he is coveted, Media's kink haired boy like Wilt fuckin' Chamberlain. I mean you can't find a discouraging word about this guy now.

Fuckin' Media. Fuckin' 5. Fuckin' Herself. Fuckin' Arn. Fuckin' Splits. Fuckin' balls going into virtual water, but, you can't get 'em fuckin' out. Fuckin' Double A. Fuckin' Hair lockin' me out. Fuckin' CN & his (with Kobe in it.) Fuckin' James and his squirts. Fuckin' Riles and his lettin' go of the wheel. Fuckin' Lovey, livin' it up. Fuckin' Tim Thomas stoppin' here for a cup of fuckin' coffee and breakin' my fuckin' rice bowl on the layover.

Clipper Nation
07-31-2014, 08:20 PM
Fuckin' CN & his (with Kobe in it.)

lmvictoriousao!!!

Thread
07-31-2014, 08:21 PM
lmvictoriousao!!!

It's had a subconscious affect. Ya fuck, you.

Dex
07-31-2014, 08:51 PM

It was either pay Bosh the max or go from 4 time EC champs to a horrendous lottery team with no assets in one summer. Riley saving his own skin per par, they'll durdle around in the playoffs a few years and try to reload.

You all are expecting a lot more than I am from Bosh, apparently.

Cry Havoc
07-31-2014, 09:16 PM

He's going to put up better numbers than anyone else they could have gotten in free agency, realistically speaking.

Cry Havoc
07-31-2014, 09:17 PM
I don't know if he's a piss pot chickenshit or not (I can't keep track of all of them) but he's got a cogent point. This guy (Bosh) was on a banana peel just before Pop & Amy's wife fled thru side door. I mean Media had strung him up and was dragging Bosh thru the fuckin' streets just last June. And that was at ring. He gets creamed a month ago, can't hold his own water, must less LeBron's and he is coveted, Media's kink haired boy like Wilt fuckin' Chamberlain. I mean you can't find a discouraging word about this guy now.

Fuckin' Media. Fuckin' 5. Fuckin' Herself. Fuckin' Arn. Fuckin' Splits. Fuckin' balls going into virtual water, but, you can't get 'em fuckin' out. Fuckin' Double A. Fuckin' Hair lockin' me out. Fuckin' CN & his (with Kobe in it.) Fuckin' James and his squirts. Fuckin' Riles and his lettin' go of the wheel. Fuckin' Lovey, livin' it up. Fuckin' Tim Thomas stoppin' here for a cup of fuckin' coffee and breakin' my fuckin' rice bowl on the layover.

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!

baseline bum
07-31-2014, 09:36 PM
He had to pay Bosh. No reason to tank when Cleveland has their first from the 2010 LeBron sign and trade. :lol

Chinook
07-31-2014, 09:51 PM

He's a top-five player in the East. They had to lock him up. I honestly think they will be in the ECF if Wade is healthy (or at least motivated) and they can get a decent PG out of Cole, Chalmers and Napier. Hell, if it's true that they did sign Temple, he's in the mix for that role as well.

King Emmanuel
07-31-2014, 10:02 PM
his game will age well, i can see him averaging at least 22 and 8 for at least 3 more years

cd021
07-31-2014, 10:30 PM
Its a tough situation. Its either lose Bosh to the Rockets and have a squad with only Wade to carry it or keep Bosh, along with Wade and go after another top FA. They landed Deng and now should be still be a top 4 seed in the east for the next couple of seasons, baring something unforeseen.

cd021
07-31-2014, 10:50 PM
He's a top-five player in the East. They had to lock him up. I honestly think they will be in the ECF if Wade is healthy (or at least motivated) and they can get a decent PG out of Cole, Chalmers and Napier. Hell, if it's true that they did sign Temple, he's in the mix for that role as well.

I like Bosh's game but that's a sad statement on the eastern conference (i'd place him behind Lebron, Lowry, Anthony, Irving and maybe Paul George ahead of him).

Not sold on their chances of making the ECF ,though, but they are probably only the 4th best team in the East behind; Chicago, Indy, & Toronto with Cleveland (at the moment) slightly behind Miami. They seem like a team that could get knocked off if 1st round. Possibly by Washington or even Charlotte (if they improve as much as I think they could).

cd021
07-31-2014, 10:58 PM

He still posted 16 ppg as a 3rd option. He is only 30 anyway, so its not like he's old He's one of the best stretch 4s in the league behind Aldridge, Love, and Dirk. He shot an impressive 51.5% ,that's including almost 3 3pt attempts per game. I think he could average about 19 ppg and 8 rpg next season.

Chinook
07-31-2014, 11:09 PM
I like Bosh's game but that's a sad statement on the eastern conference (i'd place him behind Lebron, Lowry, Anthony, Irving and maybe Paul George ahead of him).

Not sold on their chances of making the ECF ,though, but they are probably only the 4th best team in the East behind; Chicago, Indy, & Toronto with Cleveland (at the moment) slightly behind Miami. They seem like a team that could get knocked off if 1st round. Possibly by Washington or even Charlotte (if they improve as much as I think they could).

Bosh is better than Lowery and Irving. He's about equal to Melo and would be better than George if he returns to form. I think the Heat are easily better than Indiana. Really, I think only Chicago with a healthy Rose would separate from the pack. James really screwed the Heat over by not committing to the Cavs in time for the teams to do a Deng/Jack/asset for James S&T.

Infinite_limit
07-31-2014, 11:47 PM
Bosh is better than Lowery and Irving. He's about equal to Melo and would be better than George if he returns to form. I think the Heat are easily better than Indiana. Really, I think only Chicago with a healthy Rose would separate from the pack. James really screwed the Heat over by not committing to the Cavs in time for the teams to do a Deng/Jack/asset for James S&T.
Rooooooose

Noah as well

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/noah-clap.gif

HI-FI
07-31-2014, 11:55 PM

:lol
welcome back Dale.

baseline bum
07-31-2014, 11:57 PM
Rooooooose

Noah as well

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/noah-clap.gif

:lol Gangster Disciple is more washed up than the shitbag

NRHector
08-01-2014, 03:48 AM

Exactly what the Lakers are doing

Raven
08-01-2014, 08:28 AM
he did fine imo... would try to trade bosh for sign and trade of greg monroe.. not sure if they would buy into it though

Raven
08-01-2014, 08:31 AM
He still posted 16 ppg as a 3rd option. He is only 30 anyway, so its not like he's old He's one of the best stretch 4s in the league behind Aldridge, Love, and Dirk. He shot an impressive 51.5% ,that's including almost 3 3pt attempts per game. I think he could average about 19 ppg and 8 rpg next season.

he's a pure 4, he's not a stretch 4. Lately the term "stretch" has been used for every big that can knock a 2ft jumper ..

Chinook
08-01-2014, 10:36 AM
he's a pure 4, he's not a stretch 4. Lately the term "stretch" has been used for every big that can knock a 2ft jumper ..

I agree with the sentiment, especially when people keep putting Aldridge and his 21-percent three-point percentage in that group. But Bosh has indeed been a stretch-four/stretch-five recently. That's the reason why so many people have forgotten how talented he is.

Cry Havoc
08-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Exactly what the Lakers are doing

:lol Except the Heat are signing good players.

housious
08-01-2014, 11:20 AM

You said durdle

NRHector
08-01-2014, 03:45 PM
:lol Except the Heat are signing good players.

True :lol

TDMVPDPOY
08-02-2014, 01:33 AM
lol riley playing with other ppls money

doesnt he know his boss has a 2b bill from that concordia ship that hit the coastline off some island of italy 2 years ago? lmao

dbreiden83080
08-03-2014, 08:34 AM
He had a great offer to go to Houston so I get it.. Riley needed to overpay him to make sure he didn't leave..

TDMVPDPOY
08-03-2014, 09:16 AM
He had a great offer to go to Houston so I get it.. Riley needed to overpay him to make sure he didn't leave..

shouldve replace lebron with lance...

now they goin to rely on this clown and wade to make the playoffs? they are nothing more then a fodder team atm making up numbers

DMC
08-03-2014, 12:26 PM
A team has to have a franchise player to fill seats. It doesn't matter who that is (see Minnesota).