PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Plumlee > Cousins: Team USA

Infinite_limit
08-01-2014, 12:45 PM
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/kegstermd/plumlee_zpsa1081fcf.png

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/kegstermd/d9ec34365ba07f7a1a31e68dc65396af_crop_north_zps94c e5d90.jpg

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/kegstermd/MasonPlumleeBlockOnLeBron_zpsb0e09601.jpg

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/kegstermd/lebron-james-mason-plumlee_zps4d138e11.jpg

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/kegstermd/ee3jaSt56_zps477b9fe8.jpeg

Dex
08-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Plumdog Millionaire gonna shit all over the rest of the world.

TheSanityAnnex
08-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Lil Joe B. Hall ‏@LilJoeBHall · 3m
We talkin bout Mason Plumlee. Not DeMarcus Cousins who is a top 5 Center in the NBA. But Mason Plumlee. Mason Plumlee. Mason PLUMLEE.

Eric Bird ‏@ebird1 · 4m
If Mason Plumlee makes team USA over DeMarcus Cousins, then that's absolutely absurd.

G.T.O ‏@gtosports · 4m
Why in any world would Masson Plumlee make any team over Demarcus Cousins?

Adam Reisinger ‏@AdamReisinger · 5m
@netw3rk on the plus side, we get to see Boogie try and kill Plumlee tomorrow night

Kentucky Sports Zone ‏@UKSportsZone · 6m
Coach K is putting Mason Plumlee over DeMarcus Cousins. That's the most Duke thing ever. An investigation needs to be called.

C. Todd Porter ‏@CToddPorter · 7m windhorstESPN Just say "Mason Plumlee over DeMarcus Cousins" out loud. That's what I thought. There can't be a GOOD reason.

T STAUSKAS ‏@KingMcCain14 · 7m
Seriously? Mason Plumlee over boogie? Lol ok

Beke ‏@BekeGSW · 8m
John Schuhmann from http://NBA.com (http://nba.com/) have Mason Plumlee making #TeamUSA roster over Boogie. I'm sick man. FOH johnschuhmann

John Schuhmann ‏‏@KySportsRadio · 15m
Coach K cutting Boogie, one of the five best big men in the NBA for a Plumlee would be one of the most Duke moves of all time

Sean Cunningham ‏@News10Sean · 34m
In Plumlee over Cousins thought, Coach K said he felt Anthony Davis & Plumlee fit the style of play more naturally than Cousins...

NBA Guru ‏@YourNBAGuru · 44m
Mason Plumlee is likely to make team USA over DeMarcus Cousins. No typo...

Rob Mahoney ‏@RobMahoney · 45m
Picking Mason Plumlee over Cousins for Team USA would be some combination of 1) crazy, 2) sensible to role, & 3) a tipping point for Boogie.

Ian Dougherty ‏@IanDougherty · 46m
I know Coach K preaches team fit over everything, but Mason Plumlee over Boogie still sounds a little nuts.

Jared Dubin ‏@JADubin5 · 46m
Boogie is better than Mason Plumlee at everything on a basketball court except controlling his temper, which will somehow decide this.

John ‏@HeuristicLineup · 48m
If Mason Plumlee makes the team over DeMarcus I would hate to be the person near him when he finds out

Akis Yerocostas ‏@Aykis16 · 48m
This doesn't make sense on so many levels. First off, Cousins has been getting rave reviews. 2nd, way better big men than Plumlee available

Ben Rosales ‏@brosales12 · 49m
Wait, what? RT windhorstESPN: Mason Plumlee likely to make team over DeMarcus Cousins

Akis Yerocostas ‏@Aykis16 · 49m
I don't think Mason Plumlee will survive the next Team USA vs. Select Team scrimmage.

John Cassillo ‏[FONT="Trebuchet MS" johnCassillo · 50m
I didn't care about how this Team USA basketball squad was constructed until just now. You CAN'T tell me Miles Plumlee > DeMarcus Cousins.

Tyler ‏@TylerProbst10 · 51m
Plumlee over DMC??? You can't be serious.........

Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski · 51m
So yeah <points to intern> hey go let DeMarcus know that Plumlee made the team over him.

TheSanityAnnex
08-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Tonight's game should be a fun one.

TheSanityAnnex
08-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Same faggot coach who took Laettner over Shaq.

RsxPiimp
08-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Why is it a surprise to some people. Cousins is one humongous turd. On a team full of thirsty, egocentric divas, they need a dude willing to do all the dirty work and wouldn't complain.

-21-
08-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Forgot about Plumlee's Duke connection with Coach K but as talented as Cousins is, it's his own fault for being an immature knucklehead which is why many don't take him seriously.

Spur-Addict
08-01-2014, 01:17 PM
Read somewhere Cousins was acting like a bitch, punching the wall etc.

Bill_Brasky
08-01-2014, 01:32 PM

why wouldnt he? hes way better than plumlee.

CitizenDwayne
08-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Subtle, Shushefsky. Subtle.

ElNono
08-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Boogie is an idiot, tbh

Bill_Brasky
08-01-2014, 01:41 PM
lol spurfan still pissy that Boogie tried to bully Duncan that one time. Wasnt Duncan kicking his ass enough for you?

Spur-Addict
08-01-2014, 01:55 PM
why wouldnt he? hes way better than plumlee.

This was prior to this news, so I'm assuming that these sorts of actions by Cousins are built into the situation.

RD2191
08-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Why is it a surprise to some people. Cousins is one humongous turd. On a team full of thirsty, egocentric divas, they need a dude willing to do all the dirty work and wouldn't complain.

Bill_Brasky
08-01-2014, 02:22 PM
This was prior to this news, so I'm assuming that these sorts of actions by Cousins are built into the situation.

still a retarded decision

Infinite_limit
08-01-2014, 02:31 PM
still a retarded decision
Don't believe babysitter is in Coach K's job description

Bill_Brasky
08-01-2014, 02:37 PM

Seems to me that if youre gonna not go with Cousins there's better alternatives than a scrubby frost king tbh. The dude isnt even the best NBA player in his family. He doesnt even start for the nets. And PF/C is one of Team USA's weaknesses, theyll have to go up against the Gasols eventually. So yeah. Retarded decision.

Malik Hairston
08-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Cousins' isn't really worth the trouble, tbh..

Considering the landscape of the roster and taking into consideration that FIBA refs are not kind to American bigs, having Cousins on the team is probably a terrible idea..

TheRealCB
08-01-2014, 02:49 PM
I'd love to see Plumlee go against Marc .

pgardn
08-01-2014, 02:59 PM
As long as Davis is present, we ok.

TheSanityAnnex
08-01-2014, 03:16 PM
I'd love to see Plumlee go against Marc .

You'll get to see him go against Cousins tonight.

This could all be a test to see how Cousins responds and if anything it is at least getting people talking about the National team. If the team wants to pass up on the most talented offensive big in the game, fine, enjoy monkeyball and just admit that is what you want.

pgardn
08-01-2014, 03:27 PM
We will only have one center on the floor at a time.

Jimmy B. is teaching zone. Lots of ball pressure.
A PF might play instead of a center when Davis exits the game.

hyhy
08-01-2014, 09:04 PM
:lol plumlee

hsxvvd
08-02-2014, 07:04 AM
I'd take Mason, Miles or even the other one over Cousins every time.

Spurs9
08-02-2014, 09:07 AM
:lol Cousins with the mental capacity of Westbrick

08-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Cousin's has had a long history of being immature and having attitude problems. I wouldn't want him on my team either.

Franklin
08-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Sounds like Cousins really gives a shit about team USA :lol

TheSanityAnnex
08-06-2014, 05:27 PM

“All the coaches were really pleased with DeMarcus and how he played,” said Krzyzewski during Saturday’s media teleconference. “His attitude [has been] tremendous. He wouldn’t keep coming back to be a part of this and be on a U.S. Team if it didn’t mean something to him. We recognized that even before he started practice – the fact he was there, committed and ready to go in good shape.”

TheSanityAnnex
08-06-2014, 05:27 PM

“All the coaches were really pleased with DeMarcus and how he played,” said Krzyzewski during Saturday’s media teleconference. “His attitude [has been] tremendous. He wouldn’t keep coming back to be a part of this and be on a U.S. Team if it didn’t mean something to him. We recognized that even before he started practice – the fact he was there, committed and ready to go in good shape.”

TheSanityAnnex
08-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Forgot about Plumlee's Duke connection with Coach K but as talented as Cousins is, it's his own fault for being an immature knucklehead which is why many don't take him seriously.

TheSanityAnnex
08-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Boogie is an idiot, tbh

TheSanityAnnex
08-06-2014, 05:29 PM

TheSanityAnnex
08-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Cousins' isn't really worth the trouble, tbh..

Considering the landscape of the roster and taking into consideration that FIBA refs are not kind to American bigs, having Cousins on the team is probably a terrible idea..

TheSanityAnnex
08-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Cousin's has had a long history of being immature and having attitude problems. I wouldn't want him on my team either.

TheSanityAnnex
08-06-2014, 05:30 PM
http://www.nba.com/kings/blog/coach-k-dmc-made-huge-impact?linkId=9168740

With a little over a week before Team USA reconvenes for its second installment of training camp, Managing Director Jerry Colangelo and Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski announced sixteen finalists for the 2014 USA Men’s World Cup roster and Sacramento’s DeMarcus Cousins found his name on the list.

Following an impressive performance in the team’s exhibition this past Friday, No. 36 will resume 2014 FIBA World Cup preparations on Aug. 14 in Chicago, Ill.
The Kings big man is one of four players battling for the starting center spot, but Cousins’ energy and effort last week already seems to have paid dividends.
Whether he was boxing-out on defense, exploding for a rebound or attacking his defender, the 6-foot-11 center left a lasting impression.
“DeMarcus had a really good week, an outstanding scrimmage [and he was the] leading rebounder,” said Coach K. “He gives us a big that’s different than Anthony Davis. We are looking at that big position – the five – separate from all the others.”
Looking to separate himself from the pack, DMC is using his distinct combination of size, strength and speed to his advantage.
“[He] gives us a low-post presence, which gives our team a little bit of a different look,” stated the U.S. National Team sixth-year head coach. “And he can pass out of the post, so he made a huge impact on all of us during the week, but especially at the scrimmage.”
In nearly 26 minutes of action, Cousins tallied 11 points from the floor, including a 7-for-8 clip from the free throw line. He also added two steals and 11 rebounds – four on the offensive end.
As World Cup play grows closer, the Kings star looks to continue his solid performance at the team’s upcoming training camp.

Obstructed_View
08-07-2014, 05:21 AM
lol spurfan still pissy that Boogie tried to bully Duncan that one time. Wasn't Ian Mahinmi making him cry in summer league enough for you?