PDA

View Full Version : Ghazi..

Malik Hairston
08-02-2014, 02:33 PM
:lol declining team, tbh..

Chinook
08-02-2014, 02:36 PM
I honestly do believe they're likely to miss the playoffs next season. But Glenn Dorsey doesn't move the needle at all, in my opinion.

DD
08-02-2014, 02:53 PM
They're not missing the playoffs. Declining, yes--but still good enough for 10-11 wins

Chinook
08-02-2014, 03:45 PM
They're not missing the playoffs. Declining, yes--but still good enough for 10-11 wins

The NFC looks strong this year with Atlanta coming back and no one else getting significantly weaker. Ten wins may not be enough for a wildcard.

DD
08-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Who says Atlanta's coming back? Probably a 9-10 win team, but not at the 11-13 win clip they were accustomed to beforehand. The Panthers will likely fall off hard (I got $500 that says they miss the postseason), the Rams and Bears might be better than expected--but you can't say either of those teams are better than the Niners with a straight face.

Locks for the postseason in the NFC (besides SF) as of now:

Seahawks
Saints
Packers

Nobody in the NFC East is worth a shit, so they're definitely not sending more than one team to the playoffs. The North has GB, then a bunch of perennial underachievers. The West is still a 2-team race till proven otherwise. Arizona was a nice lil story last year, but good luck posting B2B 10-win seasons with Carson Palmer slinging the rock. The South is the most intriguing, but 3/4 of those teams are not better than this beat-up, incarcerated Niners team (only the Saints).

Niners are getting in. Panthers and Cards will struggle mightily, Lions will choke, and who knows what we'll get from Chicago.

spurraider21
08-02-2014, 04:43 PM
I agree with a ton of DD's post except I like zona this year. Much improved offensive line, it's what had been holdin them back for years

Pelicans78
08-02-2014, 05:57 PM
I agree with DD overall. Niners should easily make the playoffs along with the Seahawks and Saints. Packers probably too, but their defense still sucks and are basically fully-dependent on Rodgers.

Panthers and Falcons won't be that great. As a Saints fan, the Buccaneers worry me more than those two teams. I could see the South only getting one team.

East sucks overall, so that division is only getting one team.

The North could be interesting with the Bears, but they're a 10-win team at best unless the defense makes improvements. Same with the Lions who aren't quite as good as the Bears.

The West is really interesting with the Cards and Rams. I don't like Bradford and I think the Cars defense won't be quite as good as last season, but the offense could improve. Still, Palmer could fall apart this season so they're not a shoe-in for the playoffs either.

So right now I only see the Seahawks, Saints, Niners, and Packers as long.

Ghazi
08-02-2014, 06:47 PM
Niners are still a top 3 team in the nfl.. But the nfc is gonna be tough this year. Niners seahawks packers saints are all contenders IMO.. And Cardinals/panthers/eagles are good teams. Niners could be anywhere from 1-6 seed.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-03-2014, 12:06 AM
:lol Panthers declining yet the "favorite" has a leader that's older than dirt, and noticeably declined last year.. especially when it all mattered.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Panthers and Falcons won't be that great. As a Saints fan, the Buccaneers worry me more than those two teams. I could see the South only getting one team.

:lmao

Clipper Nation
08-03-2014, 12:23 AM
:lol Panthers declining yet the "favorite" has a leader that's older than dirt, and noticeably declined last year.. especially when it all mattered.

:lol Frizzle trying desperately to hype up his Panthers despite having Cum at QB and possibly the worst offseason in the league
:lol Speaking of "when it all mattered," Cum has STILL never won a playoff game

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-03-2014, 12:25 AM
:lol Frizzle trying desperately to hype up his Panthers despite having Cum at QB and possibly the worst offseason in the league
:lol Speaking of "when it all mattered," Cum has STILL never won a playoff game

NFC South champs baby.. that's all I hear from you

Clipper Nation
08-03-2014, 12:30 AM
NFC South champs baby.. that's all I hear from you

:lol ZERO playoff wins for Cum Newton
:lol Lost your entire secondary and WR core in free agency and your Pro Bowl LT to retirement

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-03-2014, 12:35 AM
:lol ZERO playoff wins for Cum Newton
:lol Lost your entire secondary and WR core in free agency and your Pro Bowl LT to retirement

You mean the core that finished 30th last year in receiving yards? Bummer :lol at least we got our top option back and the best front 7 in the NFL

Clipper Nation
08-03-2014, 12:37 AM
You mean the core that finished 30th last year in receiving yards? Bummer :lol

And you still got worse at WR.....

:lol Relying on Avant, Cotchery (two old-ass #3 WR's) and a huge question mark in Kelvin Benjamin

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-03-2014, 12:40 AM
And you still got worse at WR.....

:lol Relying on Avant, Cotchery (two old-ass #3 WR's) and a huge question mark in Kelvin Benjamin

We aren't relying on anything.. We haven't had to rely on anything to win.. except Cam and our D. We need big receivers that specialize in catching. Avant and Cotch never dropped passes like Lafell and Stone Ginn. Plus we have Olsen.

Clipper Nation
08-03-2014, 12:45 AM
We aren't relying on anything.. We haven't had to rely on anything to win.. except Cam and our D.
Cum has delivered ZERO playoff wins and a barely over .500 overall record in three years despite your reliance on him, and your defense lost Munnerlyn, Mitchell, Florence, and Mikell :lol

Robz4000
08-03-2014, 12:50 AM
I have no idea what to expect from the Niners this year. Could be dominant like last year or they could miss the postseason entirely. I'll feel a lot better if Gore is still himself.

Pelicans78
08-03-2014, 12:50 AM
Seriously No Lyfe, your team has declined this offseason. O-line got worse, WRs didn't improve, secondary got worse. Basically you're depending on a front 7 and Cam to carry the team, especially when the division rival who was neck and neck with you improved all over the team. Brees is still a better QB than Cam overall and has way more weapons. The only real advantage the Panthers have over the Saints is at the LBer position.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-03-2014, 12:53 AM
Seriously No Lyfe, your team has declined this offseason. O-line got worse, WRs didn't improve, secondary got worse. Basically you're depending on a front 7 and Cam to carry the team, especially when the division rival who was neck and neck with you improved all over the team. Brees is still a better QB than Cam overall and has way more weapons. The only real advantage the Panthers have over the Saints is at the LBer position.

How can you say O-line got worse and WR didn't improve? Those are not facts. Our receivers and DB's were shit last year. Not a big downgrade if at all.

Brees is old as dirt. He will flip the script sooner or later and I like our future in the hands of Cam. He took a big step forward last year.

And our D-Line absolutely shits on yours. Don't forget, 6 of our starters last years were rookies on D.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Cum has delivered ZERO playoff wins and a barely over .500 overall record in three years despite your reliance on him, and your defense lost Munnerlyn, Mitchell, Florence, and Mikell :lol

:lol did you watch us play? Our DB's were asshole.

Pelicans78
08-03-2014, 12:58 AM
How can you say O-line got worse and WR didn't improve? Those are not facts.

Brees is old as dirt. He will flip the script sooner or later and I like our future in the hands of Cam. He took a big step forward last year.

And our D-Line absolutely shits on yours. Don't forget, 6 of our starters last years were rookies on D.

The D-line doesn't shit on ours. The Saints have 3 elite pass rushers and a big time run stuffing nose tackle. There's a reason the defense was top 5 last season and the d-line was a big reason why. The Panthers d-line isn't that much better. That's a stupid comment to make. The Saints secondary absolutely shits on the Panthers secondary. No debate about that. The Saints had a ton of young guys on defense as well.

Brees isn't any older than Brady or Manning. He still threw for 5,000 yards last season and has an improved o-line and more weapons to throw to. Guarantee you that Brandin Cooks will have a much better rookie season than Kelvin Benjamin.

And the Panthers o-line did get worse. Two of your best lineman retired and not replaced with proven players.

Clipper Nation
08-03-2014, 12:58 AM
How can you say O-line got worse and WR didn't improve? Those are not facts.
You lost Jordan Gross who was graded at +33.5 by PFF, made the Pro Bowl, and was the biggest reason why the Panthers had solid O-line play last year.... as for WR, you can spin it all you'd like, but going from Smith/LaFell/Ginn to two ancient #3 WR's and a project is a pretty big downgrade - plus you were slurping the previous WR core all last year :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-03-2014, 01:01 AM
Guarantee you that Brandin Cooks will have a much better rookie season than Kelvin Benjamin.

:lol great assumption. A heavy pass team will have a receiver with superior statistics than a player with a heavy rushing offense. In terms of efficiency, I don't think so.

Don't look at yards with Brees.. his system will make sure his numbers are pretty. Look at advanced statistics. He started declining as the season went on. He's a great player.. he's no Tom or Peyton.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-03-2014, 01:02 AM
You lost Jordan Gross who was graded at +33.5 by PFF, made the Pro Bowl, and was the biggest reason why the Panthers had solid O-line play last year....

solid line? :lmao

So how come our "solid line" (lmao) isn't based off our pro-bowl center? Does he not come into play when discussing our O-line? Remember when Jordan Gross came out as a rookie and went hard.. yep, you can find effective players anywhere... and Gettleman is the best at finding them

Pelicans78
08-03-2014, 01:04 AM
:lol great assumption. A heavy pass team will have a receiver with superior statistics than a player with a heavy rushing offense. In terms of efficiency, I don't think so.

Don't look at yards with Brees.. his system will make sure his numbers are pretty. Look at advanced statistics. He started declining as the season went on. He's a great player.. he's no Tom or Peyton.

Saints won't be as pass heavy this season. They're going to run the ball alot more just like they did in the playoffs.

And you don't know what the fuck you're talking about when it comes to efficiency. You're just talking out of your ass.

Cooks is a more polished receiver than Benjamin who was arguably a reach at the end of the first round. The Saints can line up Cooks anywhere on the field. He would be more "efficient" than Benjamin if on the Panthers.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-03-2014, 01:06 AM
Saints won't be as pass heavy this season. They're going to run the ball alot more just like they did in the playoffs.

And you don't know what the fuck you're talking about when it comes to efficiency. You're just talking out of your ass.

Cooks is a more polished receiver than Benjamin who was arguably a reach at the end of the first round. The Saints can line up Cooks anywhere on the field. He would be more "efficient" than Benjamin if on the Panthers.

I know that Brees passes were sailing off against Seattle and later in the year (NE, @ CAR).

Cooks is small and will be thrown off the ball a lot. He will have pretty numbers because of the system. Benjamin has the most raw talent and most potential of ALL the receivers (except Mike Evans), and has the biggest hands and I believe the highest vertical in the draft.

Pelicans78
08-03-2014, 01:12 AM
I know that Brees passes were sailing off against Seattle and later in the year (NE, @ CAR).

Cooks is small and will be thrown off the ball a lot. He will have pretty numbers because of the system. Benjamin has the most raw talent and most potential of ALL the receivers (except Mike Evans), and has the biggest hands and I believe the highest vertical in the draft.

Brees will be fine. The o-line was awful overall last season, but will be a lot better this year due to change in personal and development of the young LT Armstead who took over late in the season. Plus, running the ball more will take pressure off of Brees and allow for bigger plays on play-action.

Cooks is very polished with his route-running, hands, and breakaway speed. He's having a monster camp so far. With him, Colston, Stills, and Graham out wide, teams will be fucked especially when the running game gets going.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-03-2014, 01:16 AM
Brees will be fine. The o-line was awful overall last season, but will be a lot better this year due to change in personal and development of the young LT Armstead who took over late in the season. Plus, running the ball more will take pressure off of Brees and allow for bigger plays on play-action.

Cooks is very polished with his route-running, hands, and breakaway speed. He's having a monster camp so far. With him, Colston, Stills, and Graham out wide, teams will be fucked especially when the running game gets going.

We will have to agree to disagree.

I will note, though, you are the first person I have ever met to dismiss a team that won the entire division last year (after starting 1-3 and came back five games on your team). You can be a Saints fan, but you cannot dismiss the growth in our defense, running game, and Cam. He won us 5 games last year. Anything is possible, and I agree we have the toughest division in the NFC (close to the West, though), but the Bucs being the scariest team? To the SAINTS? Ha, come on.

Pelicans78
08-03-2014, 01:22 AM
We will have to agree to disagree.

I will note, though, you are the first person I have ever met to dismiss a team that won the entire division last year (after starting 1-3 and came back five games on your team). You can be a Saints fan, but you cannot dismiss the growth in our defense, running game, and Cam. He won us 5 games last year. Anything is possible, and I agree we have the toughest division in the NFC (close to the West, though), but the Bucs being the scariest team? To the SAINTS? Ha, come on.

I'm only dismissing the Panthers because they didn't improve and may have gotten worse overall where Tampa improved at a ton of positions and with a proven winner at head coach. The Panthers didn't make enough upgrades at weak positions like DBs and WRs. That puts more pressure on Cam and the front 7. And then the Saints went out and improved all over and also have a young team which will improve. The Saints are consensus favorites to win the division and are Super Bowl contenders due to potentially improving a top 5 offense and defense. Some Saints analysts that this may be the best team on paper in team history.

Pelicans78
08-03-2014, 01:23 AM
Don't forget, the Falcons win the division the year before and pretty much fell flat on their faces due to not improving on glaring weaknesses. And that was with a healthy Matt Ryan.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-03-2014, 01:24 AM
Don't forget, the Falcons win the division the year before and pretty much fell flat on their faces due to not improving on glaring weaknesses. And that was with a healthy Matt Ryan.

& an unhealty 21 other players :lol

Pelicans78
08-03-2014, 01:34 AM
& an unhealty 21 other players :lol

Regardless, that team was and still is a 9-10 win team at best.

Raven
08-03-2014, 10:18 AM
imo it's pretty obvious it will be saints vs pats/broncos.

benefactor
08-03-2014, 11:06 AM
:lol meow lyfe with the homer bads

I don't see a scenario where the Panthers don't regress this season.

Raven
08-03-2014, 11:12 AM
:lol meow lyfe with the homer bads

I don't see a scenario where the Panthers don't regress this season.

they should be a bottom 5 team tbqmfh

Clipper Nation
08-03-2014, 11:26 AM
I see Frizzle's meltdown thread in the Club got deleted :lol

spurraider21
08-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Panthers lost talent at the offensive line and secondary while they didn't really improve any of their units. Unless Benjamin has a really productive rookie campaign, there's no aspect of their game that has gotten better. I don't hate cam like most of the forum does, but scrub inevitably gives him homer treatment. They can still contend for a wildcard spot but I wouldn't bet on them to make it. They could be like last years cards

DD
08-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Panthers lost talent at the offensive line and secondary while they didn't really improve any of their units. Unless Benjamin has a really productive rookie campaign, there's no aspect of their game that has gotten better. I don't hate cam like most of the forum does, but scrub inevitably gives him homer treatment. They can still contend for a wildcard spot but I wouldn't bet on them to make it. They could be like last years cards

Yeah but don't forget about the "much-needed playoff experience" they gained in one game where they got buttfucked.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-03-2014, 05:33 PM
Yeah but don't forget about the "much-needed playoff experience" they gained in one game where they got buttfucked.

Remember when Joe Flacco got that contract that everyone knew was the worst contract in NFL history, and followed that up by somehow choking the following season to the point where Ray Rice knocked his wife out?

Clipper Nation
08-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Remember when Joe Flacco got that contract that everyone knew was the worst contract in NFL history, and followed that up by somehow choking the following season to the point where Ray Rice knocked his wife out?
Remember when Joe Flacco won more playoff games in a year than Cum Newton has won in his entire career?

DD
08-03-2014, 06:18 PM

One of the dumbest posts, even for your standards. You win a SB (and have the best statistical playoff run in NFL history in the process) during your contract year, you're gonna get paid--did you really think he wasn't? Cam will get similar money for 0 playoff wins:lol

Also, the Ravens were working on their 8th win when DeAndre Levy took a cheapshot at Flacco's knee. Nevermind that he had basically 1.5 targets to throw to all year, and no 3rd-down guy with Boldin gone and Pitta injured. So a one-legged Flacco wasn't able to beat the 11-win Bengals or 12-win Pats to close the year...yeah, his legacy is sealed.:lol

DD
08-03-2014, 06:19 PM
http://cdn.cnwimg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/joe-flacco-super-bowl.jpg

http://hindsightsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/cam-newton1.jpeg

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Flacco wasn't able to beat the 11-win Bengals

:rollin

Clipper Nation
08-03-2014, 08:27 PM
:rollin

Career Playoff Wins:

Flacco: 9
Cum: ZERO

Pelicans78
08-03-2014, 10:41 PM
The truth about the Panthers.

http://grantland.com/features/re-caging-the-panthers/

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-03-2014, 10:42 PM
The truth about the Panthers.

http://grantland.com/features/re-caging-the-panthers/

:lol they won close games... so what? The point is.. they WON them. The past two years before that we were 2-17 in 3 point games. We won, what, 5 straight? Against NE and @ SF. We also beat NO and MIA during a stretch.

Chinook
08-04-2014, 12:08 AM

You won't find me as a defender of that contract, but it will still be seen as a better one then almost every contract signed by QBs for the next couple of years. Romo's and Cutler's deals instantly supplanted Flacco's, and Newton's is going to look even more silly since it's completely hype-driven.

It's funny how Flacco's horrible choking season would still be the second-best season Newton has ever had.

Chinook
08-04-2014, 12:13 AM
Anyway, I do think the Falcons are going to return to their winning ways next season. I don't believe they're an elite team at all, but they can certainly put forth a better effort and get to 11 wins. The Eagles can probably get to double-digit win this year, and the Cowboys and Skins have improved upon their biggest weaknesses. Even if the Panthers fall (which is not guaranteed), the NFC looks to be even stronger. People forget that the Niners were struggling to make the playoffs until the last week or two of the season last year. It may not take much decline from them to miss out this year. I also think they're getting ready to implode, but that's for the season to decide.

Avante
08-04-2014, 02:06 AM
The Falcons have a rough last month or so, it's brutal...

Arizona
at GB
Pitt
at NO
Carolina

They could easily lose three of those. The best I can do is 7-9.

Robz4000
08-04-2014, 03:46 AM
Anyway, I do think the Falcons are going to return to their winning ways next season. I don't believe they're an elite team at all, but they can certainly put forth a better effort and get to 11 wins. The Eagles can probably get to double-digit win this year, and the Cowboys and Skins have improved upon their biggest weaknesses. Even if the Panthers fall (which is not guaranteed), the NFC looks to be even stronger. People forget that the Niners were struggling to make the playoffs until the last week or two of the season last year. It may not take much decline from them to miss out this year. I also think they're getting ready to implode, but that's for the season to decide.

Niners had a chance to win the strongest division in the NFL up until the last day of the regular season; they weren't going to miss the postseason. This year may be a different story (provided Palmer remains serviceable for AZ and the Rams grow some more) but it won't be due to the Falcons.

spurraider21
08-10-2014, 02:58 PM
as i said earlier, arizona is a team to look out for tbh. improved offensive line, good weapons in the passing game, and stout d as usual. gna put my booty on the line and predict them to make the playoffs. Palmer can still ball if he's protected, and adding Veldheer and Cooper to the left side of the line will go a long way

KoolAid Mans Brother
09-14-2014, 10:47 PM
:lmao

Malik Hairston
09-14-2014, 10:55 PM
:lmao 49ers
:lmao QB that can't read a defense or go through his progressions
:lmao Aldon Smith the next Chris Henry
:lmao Ray McDonald's wife crying, hiding under the bed after this loss
:lmao Harbaugh is gone next year, back to last place
:lmao 0 SBs with the most stacked team in the league in the Harbaugh era
:lmao Navarro Bowman's knees
:lmao:lmao Kyle Williams :lmao:lmao
:lmao declining team that won't make the playoffs
:lmao Ghazi
:lmao Newcastle
:lmao progressively worse since Avante joined Spurstalk

rogues
09-14-2014, 10:59 PM
:lmao 49ers
:lmao QB that can't read a defense or go through his progressions
:lmao Aldon Smith the next Chris Henry
:lmao Ray McDonald's wife crying, hiding under the bed after this loss
:lmao Harbaugh is gone next year, back to last place
:lmao 0 SBs with the most stacked team in the league in the Harbaugh era
:lmao Navarro Bowman's knees
:lmao:lmao Kyle Williams :lmao:lmao
:lmao declining team that won't make the playoffs
:lmao Ghazi
:lmao Newcastle
:lmao progressively worse since Avante joined Spurstalk
:lmao:lmao:lmao..

Malik Hairston
09-14-2014, 11:02 PM
:lmao a team starting Jonathan Martin :lmao
:lmao looking at Willie Young's biceps all game, rather than blocking :lmao

DD
09-15-2014, 12:01 AM
:lmao3 points in the 2nd half this year despite playing 2 horrible defenses

chunticakes
09-15-2014, 12:54 AM
:lmao a team starting Jonathan Martin :lmao

:lmao:lmao:lmao

benefactor
09-15-2014, 07:30 AM
:lol

spurraider21
10-19-2014, 06:16 PM
as i said earlier, arizona is a team to look out for tbh. improved offensive line, good weapons in the passing game, and stout d as usual. gna put my booty on the line and predict them to make the playoffs. Palmer can still ball if he's protected, and adding Veldheer and Cooper to the left side of the line will go a long way
just gna leave this here...

DeadlyDynasty
10-20-2014, 05:26 AM
Damn, predicting a team who went 10-6 last season to make the playoffs...you're a regular Nostradmus:wow

AlexJones
10-20-2014, 10:40 PM
Damn, predicting a team who went 10-6 last season to make the playoffs...you're a regular Nostradmus:wow

:lmao he thinks Timmy calling the Giants to win it all after week 12 in 2011 wasn't impressive but THIS is :lol

Malik Hairston
11-27-2014, 11:18 PM
Sorry, Ghaz..the run is officially over, tbh..

DPG21920
11-27-2014, 11:19 PM
I would bet all my money that Ghazi is the type of guy that has a Fathead on his wall tbh..