DAF86
08-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Discuss, tbh.

RD2191
08-02-2014, 04:17 PM
:lol

Trainwreck2100
08-02-2014, 04:18 PM
The 1999 dreamcast had NBA showtime which combined GOAT NBA on NBC intro with GOAT NBA jam. Two GOATS better than one GOAT. That shit is science law and can't be refuted

Chinook
08-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Quite enjoyed the Dreamcast. Still have one in storage. It's a shame Sega was awful at releasing consoles after the Genesis. The console market has been worse since they bowed out.

Baam
08-02-2014, 05:15 PM
I have the Dreamcast emulator on my phone and a gamepad, tried to play Shenmue to see what the hype was all about, looked great but the terrible gameplay made me rage-quit pretty quickly :/.

Skies of Arcadia is OK but I just don't have the patience for it :sleep.

TheyCallMePro
08-02-2014, 05:15 PM
First game I ever played on Sega Dreamcast was Virtua Tennis. Great game.

Then of course Gaunlet Legends and Soul Caliber. And NBA SHOWTIME THE BEST GAME EVER.

spurraider21
08-02-2014, 05:53 PM
u didnt say 1 on 1 tbh :lol

DJR210
08-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Quite enjoyed the Dreamcast. Still have one in storage. It's a shame Sega was awful at releasing consoles after the Genesis. The console market has been worse since they bowed out.

Probably one of my top two consoles oot. The graphical jump from PS / N64 was unlike anything to date, including PS3 / Xbox360 to gaming PC.. Jizzed my shorts when I first played the 2k's and Soul Calibur.

Some of my favs..

Shenmue
Sonic Adventure
RE Code Veronica (played this shit on acid)
Unreal Tournament
Fire Pro D
Dead or Alive
House of the Dead

Arcadian
08-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Dreamcast, and it's not close.

Chinook
08-02-2014, 06:07 PM
I have the Dreamcast emulator on my phone and a gamepad, tried to play Shenmue to see what the hype was all about, looked great but the terrible gameplay made me rage-quit pretty quickly :/.

Shenmue is pretty cool, but it took a few hours to get into. Played Skies on the Gamecube, and it is easily a top-five game I've ever played. I haven't replayed it in years, though, since I don't want to sink a hundred hours into something I've already done.

I didn't have a lot of DC games, since I was a poor teenager at the time. But I liked Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure and even Ecco quite a bit.

I might dust off the system with all this nostalgia going on.

ElNono
08-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Shenmue and Jet Set Radio on the Dreamcast were dope, tbh...

jeebus
08-02-2014, 06:09 PM
The Sega/Nintendo rivalry of the 90s produced the best games imo. Way better than the same boring FPS' put out by the soulless corporations of Sony and Microsoft tbh.

RD2191
08-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Was crazy taxi on dreamcast? Takes me back to new years 2000 in greeley co.

Chinook
08-02-2014, 06:11 PM
The Sega/Nintendo rivalry of the 90s produced the best games imo. Way better than the same boring FPS' put out by the soulless corporations of Sony and Microsoft tbh.

Even early Sony was awesome. I grew up on the PSX platformers like Spyro and Ape Escape.

spurraider21
08-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Even early Sony was awesome. I grew up on the PSX platformers like Spyro and Ape Escape.
spyro the dragon is one of the best games i can remember from the original PlayStation :tu

my 2 favorite consoles are the PS2 and the N64 though

Chinook
08-02-2014, 06:28 PM
spyro the dragon is one of the best games i can remember from the original PlayStation :tu

my 2 favorite consoles are the PS2 and the N64 though

Hell yeah to Spyro. The first game was so awesome that I stuck with the series for another dozen years even though it was pretty much a straight line downhill from there. This Skylanders crap went too far, though.

I only had an N64 for Smash Bros. It sucks now, because I missed out on the last good Rare games like DK64 and Banjo Kazooie. Never had any Sony systems after PSX, though, since that was my brother's console.

philldafunk
08-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Shenmue is actually a really dope game, you should give it a shot

-21-
08-02-2014, 06:30 PM

http://www.retrogamenetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/nintendont.jpg

jeebus
08-02-2014, 06:31 PM
That is true, early Sony was tits. I never had a playstation but I played the shit out of at friends' places.

look_at_g_shred
08-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Ready 2 Rumble FTW

look_at_g_shred
08-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Yeah it was

look_at_g_shred
08-02-2014, 06:38 PM
Can't forget Powerstone either!!

taps
08-02-2014, 06:40 PM
DREAMCAST has defeated MANU...

But the soul still burns.

taps
08-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Hell of an offseason guys. Championship = Dreamcast threads

Mnky
08-02-2014, 06:47 PM
No Grandia II love?

Chinook
08-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Ready 2 Rumble FTW

I just remember lifting weights in that game. Only played it for a week, and I dunno if I actually got into a match.

RD2191
08-02-2014, 07:03 PM
I just remember lifting weights in that game. Only played it for a week, and I dunno if I actually got into a match.

Death In June
08-02-2014, 07:33 PM

But the soul still burns.No escape

UZER
08-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Don't forget Sega bass fishing. That game was so dumb, but damn it was addicting, frustrating, and peaceful all in one. Enjoyed the crap out of that stupid game.

Mikeanaro
08-02-2014, 10:25 PM
I dont have it anymore, sold it years ago to buy a PS2, and sometimes I regret it because DC had better colors and much better 2d games, of course I had a CRT screen and that time and my ps2 thru big LCD screens look like shit so both consoles dont go along with LED screens but the whole time that DC was at home I finished lots of games, Marvel vs Capcom 1&2, Resident evil 2, Jet Set Radio, Ikaruga, Hevay Metal Fakk and tons of other Capcom games (now know as CRAPCOM), Soul Calibur, DOA 2, Metropolis Speed Racer and Shenmue but the most unique game ever was Ecco the Dolphin=Defender of the Future...best game ever I would kill anyone who doesnt agree with me.
Dreamcast was so great but Sega had bad sales on 32x Sega Cd and Saturn so their finances were really low and had to shutdown their hardware division so our DC had a 3 year span, Manu 2005 was pure white chocolate and a joy to my country... I pick Manu.
Is not all lost for the DC I still play some games in my emulator and they run almost perfect.

UZER
08-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Personal fav games, Capcom vs SNK, NBA 2K.

DJR210
08-02-2014, 11:00 PM

Yup, arcade perfect MU'FUCKAAAAAAAA

Ready 2 Rumble FTW

https://i.imgflip.com/atict.jpg

fotan2
08-02-2014, 11:49 PM
i am surprised only a few people remember the powerstone series. to me thats the best multi player game.

ElNono
08-03-2014, 12:27 AM
I dont have it anymore, sold it years ago to buy a PS2, and sometimes I regret it because DC had better colors and much better 2d games, of course I had a CRT screen and that time and my ps2 thru big LCD screens look like shit so both consoles dont go along with LED screens but the whole time that DC was at home I finished lots of games, Marvel vs Capcom 1&2, Resident evil 2, Jet Set Radio, Ikaruga, Hevay Metal Fakk and tons of other Capcom games (now know as CRAPCOM), Soul Calibur, DOA 2, Metropolis Speed Racer and Shenmue but the most unique game ever was Ecco the Dolphin=Defender of the Future...best game ever I would kill anyone who doesnt agree with me.
Dreamcast was so great but Sega had bad sales on 32x Sega Cd and Saturn so their finances were really low and had to shutdown their hardware division so our DC had a 3 year span, Manu 2005 was pure white chocolate and a joy to my country... I pick Manu.
Is not all lost for the DC I still play some games in my emulator and they run almost perfect.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf2kg2sVVw1qa1hvko1_400.gif

Mikeanaro
08-03-2014, 01:17 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf2kg2sVVw1qa1hvko1_400.gif
Easy man remember we are in the offseason :hat

tvdij
08-03-2014, 01:58 AM

But the soul still burns.

Ikaruga, Rez, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Powerstone 1 & 2, NBA Showtime, NBA 2K2, Crazy Taxi 1/2, Canon Spike, The house of the dead 1&2 & shenmue are awesome games that come to mind now.

Dreamcast > Manu. I feel dirty saying that

100%duncan
08-03-2014, 03:45 AM

FkLA
08-03-2014, 04:26 AM

Why you got Pensatucky as your avatar, bro? :lol

Johnny RIngo
08-03-2014, 06:58 AM
Skies of Arcadia is a top 5 all-time JRPG. Classic imo. That's the only thing I remember from the DC. Crazy Taxi and SoulCalibur were cool too. Never did like 3D Sonic though.

Johnny RIngo
08-03-2014, 07:00 AM
I only had an N64 for Smash Bros. It sucks now, because I missed out on the last good Rare games like DK64 and Banjo Kazooie. Never had any Sony systems after PSX, though, since that was my brother's console.

DK64 sucks though. Replace that with Conker and your statements good.

Spurs9
08-03-2014, 08:36 AM
Dreamcast was the best system when it was released tbh. I remember that you could burn games and they would work no problem. My bro had a ton of japanese games he would get and we could never understand any of it as we played. Powerstone was awesome, chuchu rocket, fantasy star online tbh and sh:lolnmu:lol

look_at_g_shred
08-03-2014, 09:14 AM
So who wins?

Johnny RIngo
08-03-2014, 10:04 AM
Dreamcast was the best system when it was released tbh. I remember that you could burn games and they would work no problem. My bro had a ton of japanese games he would get and we could never understand any of it as we played. Powerstone was awesome, chuchu rocket, fantasy star online tbh and sh:lolnmu:lol

Probably one of the reasons it died so quickly. Easiest to pirate system in videogame history. That combined with PS2 being the cheapest DVD player on the market.

UZER
08-03-2014, 10:11 AM
Don't forget, you could "surf the web" on the dream cast...nomsayin

NASpurs
08-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Probably one of the reasons it died so quickly. Easiest to pirate system in videogame history. That combined with PS2 being the cheapest DVD player on the market.

It had shitty third party support outside of the Japanese developers.

Anyway, I remember wasting an absurd amount of time on Tony Hawk Pro Skater. Shenmue is one of my favorite games ever and I also immensely enjoyed SOA and Grandia II. Capcom vs SNK and Soul Calibur were fucking great as well as NBA 2k, Showtime and NFL 2k.

Johnny RIngo
08-03-2014, 10:30 AM
It had shitty third party support outside of the Japanese developers.

Anyway, I remember wasting an absurd amount of time on Tony Hawk Pro Skater. Shenmue is one of my favorite games ever and I also immensely enjoyed SOA and Grandia II. Capcom vs SNK and Soul Calibur were fucking great as well as NBA 2k, Showtime and NFL 2k.

The 2nd Tony Hawk is probably my favorite. Gradually lost interest in the series after that one.

Baam
08-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Why you got Pensatucky as your avatar, bro? :lol

It's my own goddess tbh.

Vic Petro
08-03-2014, 04:27 PM
I had a TurboGrafx 16 and their Takin' It To The Hoop basketball game.

I'll show myself out.

DJR210
08-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Don't forget, you could "surf the web" on the dream cast...nomsayin

And get demolished online due to 28kbps modem speed

UZER
08-03-2014, 09:23 PM
And get demolished online due to 28kbps modem speed

It was 56k. I was referring to looking at boobies.

TheGreatYacht
08-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Manu was a replaceable role player

Dreamcast was the best of its time

FkLA
08-04-2014, 03:31 AM
It's my own goddess tbh.

:lol she actually doesn't look bad irl but I still can't help but think of those nasty ass teeth and gums she had as Pensatucky.

saspurstx21
08-04-2014, 01:48 PM

SHENMUE!! amazing game! Graphics were ahead of its time in 2000.

saspurstx21
08-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Probably one of my top two consoles oot. The graphical jump from PS / N64 was unlike anything to date, including PS3 / Xbox360 to gaming PC.. Jizzed my shorts when I first played the 2k's and Soul Calibur.

Some of my favs..

Shenmue
Sonic Adventure
RE Code Veronica (played this shit on acid)
Unreal Tournament
Fire Pro D
Dead or Alive
House of the Dead

all FANTASTIC games. Loved SA and Code Veronica!

saspurstx21
08-04-2014, 01:51 PM
anyone remember Samba de Amigo?!? with the playable maracas?!?

DJR210
08-04-2014, 02:04 PM
all FANTASTIC games. Loved SA and Code Veronica!

Yeah..Sonic had me hooked within 5 minutes with the killer whale breaking through the bridge sequence. For Resident Evil, it was one of the last true games with the old school controls and gameplay, and ties to the original story. I know you get RE3 not long after, but it just wasn't the same to me anymore. 4,5, and 6 might as well be Gears of War.

Chinook
08-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Yeah..Sonic had me hooked within 5 minutes with the killer whale breaking through the bridge sequence. For Resident Evil, it was one of the last true games with the old school controls and gameplay, and ties to the original story. I know you get RE3 not long after, but it just wasn't the same to me anymore. 4,5, and 6 might as well be Gears of War.

RS0 was in the old style, but it may as well have been forgotten since it came out on the cube.

UZER
08-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Code Veronica was the only RE game I ever played start to finish.

DJR210
08-04-2014, 02:09 PM
RS0 was in the old style, but it may as well have been forgotten since it came out on the cube.

What is RS0? The Resident Evil 1 remake??

Chinook
08-04-2014, 02:16 PM
What is RS0? The Resident Evil 1 remake??

Nope. Resident Evil Zero. Prequel game.

Spur-Addict
08-04-2014, 02:27 PM
Dreamcast in a landslide. We're talking about Soul Cali, the 2k brand, Virtua Fighter, Dead Or Alive, Marvel Vs Capcom and of course, Sonic.

DJR210
08-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Code Veronica was the only RE game I ever played start to finish.

Well worth it too. They had that weird crossdressing faggot chasing you around with a sniper rifle which was strange, but it all rounded out to a great entry into the franchise. That fucking crazy 8 armed thing with the blindfold they had strapped down in a holding cell that you hear screaming somewhere near you while you explored the area was pretty twisted IMO.

lefty
08-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Manu because he is still running

DJR210
08-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Nope. Resident Evil Zero. Prequel game.

Hmmm..never played that, may have to get the emulator and the game. I still havent played the remake of part 1.

UZER
08-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Well worth it too. They had that weird crossdressing faggot chasing you around with a sniper rifle which was strange, but it all rounded out to a great entry into the franchise. That fucking crazy 8 armed thing with the blindfold they had strapped down in a holding cell that you hear screaming somewhere near you while you explored the area was pretty twisted IMO.

Yeah. Used to play it late at night in the dark. Really set the mode.

Fpoonsie
08-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Manu because he is still running

Gingerly.

MI21
08-04-2014, 10:35 PM
Fucking Dreamcast was the best, parents were slacking on buying a new console so I used to fucking hire the actual console and 2K, Virtua Fighter etc and stay up all night playing it with my mates and talking about what bitches we liked (I was 13).

:cry

Jenks
08-05-2014, 12:59 PM
The worst controller in the history of video games tips the battle in favor of Manu.

"Look, you can stick your retarded little tamogatchi screen into the controller!" Fucking idiots.

DJR210
08-05-2014, 09:32 PM
The worst controller in the history of video games tips the battle in favor of Manu.

"Look, you can stick your retarded little tamogatchi screen into the controller!" Fucking idiots.

The original Gamecube controller would like a word with you.

HI-FI
08-05-2014, 10:00 PM
pretty good thread from the OP, a worthy comparison as 00's Manu was an all time favorite player of mine, but Dreamcast is the most underrated system I've owned or played.

....ultimately, I'm going to give the nod to the Dreamcast. I forgot some of 05 Manu but I still think about Jet Grind Radio, Sonic, Skies of Arcadia, RE:Code Veronica, the 2K series, all the many burned games I still haven't gotten around to playing :cry

both Dreamcast and 05 Manu were great yet under-appreciated, but Dreamcast got me back into gaming after losing interest during the PS1.

i don't remember some of that shit. Well I remember the crossdressing fag. wasn't it Alice and Alex as the twins?

what I'll never forget was I rented CV for the Dreamcast, but didn't own it til much later, so actually beat the PS2 port first. there was a section where you had to find a steering wheel on the ground and I about lost my mind unable to find it, I backtracked everywhere. then when you play it on the Dreamcast, the objects just stick out enough so you can still find them.

The Dreamcast had some of the most unique looking games, especially with color gradients, so Code Veronica looks so much better than the shitty ports to follow.

DJR210
08-05-2014, 10:10 PM
i don't remember some of that shit. Well I remember the crossdressing fag. wasn't it Alice and Alex as the twins?

Yup

what I'll never forget was I rented CV for the Dreamcast, but didn't own it til much later, so actually beat the PS2 port first.

Same here.

Trainwreck2100
08-06-2014, 08:41 AM
The original Gamecube controller would like a word with you.

That worked just fine. The obese original xbox controller otoh

DBMethos
08-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Dreamcast, because Shenmue.

"Hey mister...you wanna wrestle?"

DJR210
08-06-2014, 11:44 AM
That worked just fine. The obese original xbox controller otoh

Yeah, was a toss up when I made the original comment. The original Xbox is def my second worst. As for the DC controller, I actually liked it. The memory unit in the center was actually a good thing for me, loved using it to hide my play calling on NFL2K

UZER
08-06-2014, 12:37 PM
Yeah, was a toss up when I made the original comment. The original Xbox is def my second worst. As for the DC controller, I actually liked it. The memory unit in the center was actually a good thing for me, loved using it to hide my play calling on NFL2K

Yeah, another thing the dream cast was ahead of its time on.

phxspurfan
08-06-2014, 01:38 PM
SSX Tricky on PS2 was a definite first ballot HOF. 05 Manu would be 2nd, maybe 3rd ballot HOF due to olympic success.

RD2191
08-06-2014, 01:49 PM
SSX Tricky on PS2 was a definite first ballot HOF. 05 Manu would be 2nd, maybe 3rd ballot HOF due to olympic success.
Fuck man, I could play that shit for days. Now that was a fun game. Big screen over at my friends house, pizza, and hours of crazy snowboarding/insane tricks. I loved that game.

phxspurfan
08-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Fuck man, I could play that shit for days. Now that was a fun game. Big screen over at my friends house, pizza, and hours of crazy snowboarding/insane tricks. I loved that game.

Yeah man. Memories of sleepovers, talking shit about girls, playing SSX and Tekken ... sorry Manu but you lose amigo.

RD2191
08-06-2014, 02:01 PM
Yeah man. Memories of sleepovers, talking shit about girls, playing SSX and Tekken ... sorry Manu but you lose amigo.
I was 11/12 so we really weren't into girls yet. But I would spend the night at my friends house and his mom would wear a t shirt to sleep. Guess who had double Ds and also gave good night kisses on the forehead? Oh the humanity!

weeks
08-06-2014, 03:19 PM
The dc had the best fighting game ports. MvC2, cvs2...man. too bad downloaded games killed that dream.