PDA

View Full Version : NBA: lol Eastern Conference

08-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Just like last year, we can pencil in the ECF before the season even starts. Cavs vs Bulls. 1 vs 2 seed. If D. Rose isn't healthy then just pencil in the Cavs for the finals. Meanwhile in the West, while I'm confident in the Spurs, it's a toss up really.

What will it take for the East to get competitive again?

HemisfairArena
08-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Watch out for Washington,,,

Clipper Nation
08-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Eastern Conference franchise owners should stop hiring shitty GM's and coaches if they want to be competitive, tbh....

illusioNtEk
08-02-2014, 05:36 PM
the east is now the weakest its ever been..... spurs setting an example on these niggas

08-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Meh I don't think Pierce has that much left in the tank.

MeloHype
08-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Their perimeter defense is gonna be shit

HemisfairArena
08-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Meh I don't think Pierce has that much left in the tank.

They took the Bulls out 4-1 in the 1st round last year(with no Pierce) and will only be stronger this year,,,

08-02-2014, 05:57 PM
They took the Bulls out 4-1 in the 1st round last year(with no Pierce) and will only be stronger this year,,,
They had ariza, and the bulls are a completely different team now lmao at even mentioning that series. They were close games iirc.

HemisfairArena
08-02-2014, 06:00 PM
They had ariza, and the bulls are a completely different team now lmao at even mentioning that series. They were close games iirc.

Then put all your money on it, kid,,,knock yourself out. It's just my opinion,,,,

ElNono
08-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Miami, Wizards > Bulls right now...

I also have the Bobcats as the darkhorse in the East...

Baam
08-02-2014, 06:07 PM
The Wizz and the Bobcats have the potential to go to the ECF/Finals, gonna be very intriguing season in the East, the West is stronger but not as interesting, we know it's gonna be Spurs Thunder once again...

08-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Then put all your money on it, kid,,,knock yourself out. It's just my opinion,,,,D. Rose > D.J.
Pau > Boozer
Contract year Ariza > 37 year old Paul Pierce

That should be enough to tip the series into the Bulls favor right there

08-02-2014, 06:14 PM

Miami maybe, not the Wiz

The Wizz and the Bobcats have the potential to go to the ECF/Finals, gonna be very intriguing season in the East, the West is stronger but not as interesting, we know it's gonna be Spurs Thunder once again...
I'm sorry did I miss a trade or something? When did the Wiz and Bobcats get this good?

HemisfairArena
08-02-2014, 06:16 PM
D. Rose > D.J.
Pau > Boozer
Contract year Ariza > 37 year old Paul Pierce

That should be enough to tip the series into the Bulls favor right there

Laker fans are also banking on a guy coming off two major injuries and returning to form to make them a force again,,,,

Rose and Kobrick are done. Rose being the bigger pussy and made of more glass.

Clipper Nation
08-02-2014, 06:17 PM
The Wizz and the Bobcats have the potential to go to the ECF/Finals
:lmao No

-21-
08-02-2014, 06:22 PM
The East have a couple of improved teams but none are good enough to beat LeBron's Cavs at the moment.

Baam
08-02-2014, 06:26 PM
:lmao No

They have the bigs to make it interesting against anyone...

DMC
08-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Don't be surprised to see the Pacers make a push. Someone has to step up and that could be the change they need. Instead of having a wannabe star hogging shots, they might have to move the ball. They have the pieces to do that, with the two biggest ball hogs gone.

Clipper Nation
08-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Don't be surprised to see the Pacers make a push. Someone has to step up and that could be the change they need. Instead of having a wannabe star hogging shots, they might have to move the ball. They have the pieces to do that, with the two biggest ball hogs gone.
Not happening, Vogel's offensive system is horrible with no spacing whatsoever....

HemisfairArena
08-02-2014, 06:33 PM

Hibbert would have to overcome whatever mental issues he has and dominate like he's capable of doing,,,

DMC
08-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Not happening, Vogel's offensive system is horrible with no spacing whatsoever....

Didn't I just address that?

DMC
08-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Hibbert would have to overcome whatever mental issues he has and dominate like he's capable of doing,,,

All some players need is the green light and touches, with the locker room not infected with static from head cases and the stench of catfish.

jimbo
08-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Then put all your money on it, kid,,,knock yourself out. It's just my opinion,,,,

why do you do that shit with the ,,,,,s ?

Is that stolen from Culburn or something?

ElNono
08-02-2014, 07:19 PM

Plus the Pacers are a team that excels when there's no pressure. They'll likely have a great regular season regardless of missing PG...

Robz4000
08-02-2014, 07:24 PM
I'd watch out for Detoilet too tbh. They won't contend but they should be entertaining and could upset one of the better EC teams thanks to their coaching advantage.

ElNono
08-02-2014, 07:25 PM
I'm sorry did I miss a trade or something? When did the Wiz and Bobcats get this good?

The Bobcats (now Hornets) added a much needed young PF in Vonleh to pair with a hopefully healthy Al Jefferson, and also added Stephenson to pair with Walker. MKG on the wing. They have depth with Neal, Henderson, Biyombo, etc...

They're still young, that's why I have them as darkhorse, but they have a high ceiling, IMO.

Robz4000
08-02-2014, 07:28 PM
The Bobcats (now Hornets) added a much needed young PF in Vonleh to pair with a hopefully healthy Al Jefferson, and also added Stephenson to pair with Walker. MKG on the wing. They have depth with Neal, Henderson, Biyombo, etc...

They're still young, that's why I have them as darkhorse, but they have a high ceiling, IMO.

Can't forget their underrated coach

HemisfairArena
08-02-2014, 07:29 PM
why do you do that shit with the ,,,,,s ?

Is that stolen from Culburn or something?

Why not?,,,,and who is Culburn?

Strange Love
08-02-2014, 07:34 PM
If I had a penny for every thread started about the east sucking..

Malik Hairston
08-02-2014, 08:38 PM
:lol the OP creates a West vs. East thread, but his logic to attack the East is the number of teams that can realistically win the conference?..

The teams in the West are obviously better, but that logic is weak..there are only 3 teams that can realistically win the West, and 1 of those 3 is more of a dark horse..the parity isn't really any different in the West:lol..

HemisfairArena
08-02-2014, 09:23 PM
:lol the OP creates a West vs. East thread, but his logic to attack the East is the number of teams that can realistically win the conference?..

The teams in the West are obviously better, but that logic is weak..there are only 3 teams that can realistically win the West, and 1 of those 3 is more of a dark horse..the parity isn't really any different in the West:lol..

Maybe you should make a best/worst poster of the month about it,,,,you are that smart, right?,,,,

cd021
08-02-2014, 11:01 PM
1. Bulls
2. Cavs
3. Wizards
4. Raptors
5. Heat
6. Hornets
7. Hawks
8. Pacers

9. Nets
10. Knicks

Mikeanaro
08-02-2014, 11:06 PM
East=Pig Vomit

cd021
08-03-2014, 12:27 AM

The Bulls have the highest ceiling of any team in the East. IMO

I have the 'Cats as 6th but they have a chance to land a top 4 seed.

depends on how much Hairston, Vonleah and Zeller can contribute and the improvement of Walker.

ElNono
08-03-2014, 01:01 AM
I think peeps are jumping the gun on the Bulls... there's way too many questions...

Sure, MVPau is an upgrade over Boozer, at least on the offensive end, but he's not a good fit there.

- Noah has been taking a liking to be 'part of the offense' now, and his only mildly effective offensive area is where Pau operates. How many shots will a mediocre offensive player like Noah take away from Pau?
- On a team like the Spurs that shares the ball, MVPau would be utilized better but Chicago has their ball hog back now. Pau is a guy that needs touches to be effective. Will Thibs adjust accordingly?
- Playing off the bench wouldn't work quite as well either, since Taj Gibson has basically earned that role over a couple years, and Pau clearly made his decision expecting to start.
- While it's true that having Noah to help him up on the post remedies some of his defensive shortcomings, the NBA is moving more and more towards a stretch 4 to attack the two big man defense. No big on the bulls is suitable to defend that (they already had that problem with Boozer). I still don't see how they match up any better against a team like the Heat (even without Lebron).
- Thibs will run him to the ground. This is a guy that will be playing the BB World Cup in Spain. Never a good combo.

Then you have Rose, another huge question mark, on his game, defense and durability. Plus that monkeyballing style has yet to win anything of note.

The rest is basically the same mediocre team, with the addition of a rook and a euro (non-factors). Their bench outside Taj is Aaron Brooks, Kirk Hinrich and Mike Dunleavy Jr...

I mean, the reality is the whole hype is coming from Rose, a guy that's damaged goods and nobody has really seen play in 2 years...

cjw
08-03-2014, 01:17 AM
Question really should be how many East teams make playoffs in West (last year was two, this year who knows? Probably still two).

And on the flip side, there are probably 11 West teams that would grab at leash the 8 seed in the East. I only see Utah and Sacramento as totally subpar. Not sold on Lakers and Denver either, but Minnesota with Love, Phoenix and New Orleans are definitely at that level.

Infinite_limit
08-03-2014, 05:19 AM
1. Bulls
2. James & Co

mudyez
08-03-2014, 08:32 AM
1. Spurs
2. Thunder
3. Clippers
4. Bulls
5. Cavs
6. Mavs
7. Warriors
8. Rockets
9. Blazers
10. Grizzlies

...could make a case for Wizz, Heat, Hornets or maybe Pels as 9th/10th.