PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical crazy talk

Cklbmk
08-03-2014, 09:14 PM
What if Tim Duncan were to play a couple more years. Then after that he'd sit out until the playoff signing deadline, get back in game shape, then beast in the playoffs.

If he played for just the playoffs(at a high level) would that count for his championship?? Or would it get discredited

I could see him doing this when he realizes he can't take a full season any more.

He has an amazing ability to make himself fit around other players so I feel like chemistry wouldn't be a real issue(assuming theres even anyone new)

TheGreatYacht
08-03-2014, 09:17 PM
Spurs wouldn't make the playoffs without Duncan

Cklbmk
08-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Spurs wouldn't make the playoffs without Duncan

I'm pretty sure they could. Pops is a hell of a coach and he barely played Duncan this year. They might drop to 7th seed or something but I don't see that mattering.

benstanfield
08-03-2014, 09:23 PM
PATFO aren't going to go through a whole regular season with the expectation that a player will arrive to save the day for the playoffs.

That's not how successful management works.

DrunkTXLabrat
08-03-2014, 09:34 PM
this is a great idea that would never happen because nobody is brilliant enough and gutsy enough to do it.

DrunkTXLabrat
08-03-2014, 09:36 PM
PATFO aren't going to go through a whole regular season with the expectation that a player will arrive to save the day for the playoffs.

That's not how successful management works.

wtf, is that what this thread is about?

TheGreatYacht
08-03-2014, 09:38 PM
ST won't credit Kobe for the 3-Peat...

But will credit Duncan for sitting out 80 games...

Thats not homer-ism :toast

DrunkTXLabrat
08-03-2014, 09:42 PM

i'll give credit to anybody who wins a championship.

ElNono
08-03-2014, 09:43 PM
He could pull a DRob and show up for the LOBT presentation, tbh...

DMC
08-03-2014, 10:13 PM
What if Tim Duncan were to play a couple more years. Then after that he'd sit out until the playoff signing deadline, get back in game shape, then beast in the playoffs.

If he played for just the playoffs(at a high level) would that count for his championship?? Or would it get discredited

I could see him doing this when he realizes he can't take a full season any more.

He has an amazing ability to make himself fit around other players so I feel like chemistry wouldn't be a real issue(assuming theres even anyone new)

A person doesn't get into game shape by sitting out. Back to lurking for you.

DMC
08-03-2014, 10:14 PM
He could pull a DRob and show up for the LOBT presentation, tbh...
Mah nigga

DMC
08-03-2014, 10:14 PM

Your colors are showing.

TheGreatYacht
08-03-2014, 10:21 PM
Your colors are showing.
Your stupidity is showing.

DrunkTXLabrat
08-03-2014, 10:27 PM
A person doesn't get into game shape by sitting out. Back to lurking for you.

"shit's weak!"

Yuixafun
08-04-2014, 07:32 AM
Lol TD will 3peat and become a designated hitter... Winning more than 6 rings and becoming better at a baseball related role than Jordan

GOAT