PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: and Wolves agree in principle on deal sending Love to Cleveland

Sheriff Hoyt
08-04-2014, 05:57 PM

Kevin Love (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/35085/kevin-love) is about to get his wish. The Timberwolves (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/minnesota-timberwolves) and Cavaliers (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/cleveland-cavaliers) have agreed to a trade in principle that would send Love to Cleveland for a package headlined by rookie Andrew Wiggins (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/246301/andrew-wiggins), according to Brian Windhorst in a radio appearance with Chris Broussard and Ryan Ruocco (http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=11308433). The deal can officially be completed on Aug. 23 when Wiggins will no longer to bound by a rule that says players cannot be traded for 30 days following the signing of a new contract.

Anthony Bennett (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/197995/anthony-bennett), the No. 1 overall selection from the 2013 draft, is also reportedly involved in the deal, but he may not be sticking in Minnesota. Bennett could be re-routed to Philadelphia in a trade that would send Thaddeus Young (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/24260/thaddeus-young) to the Timberwolves.
"The deal is done, but not done," Windhorst said. "The teams have agreed, but they can't say they have agreed and they can't agree because we are in this weird moratorium period. Because you can't trade Andrew Wiggins until the 23rd of this month."
Windorst says that in the 19-day period before the trade can become official, it is possible a team could swoop in and get Love with a superior offer. The Chicago Bulls (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/chicago-bulls) and Golden State Warriors (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/golden-state-warriors) have been the two other teams most closely tied to Love. Chicago can't offer a player with Wiggins' perceived long-term potential while Golden State has been hesitant to include 24-year-old shooting guard Klay Thompson (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/150213/klay-thompson) in a package for Love.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/8/4/5968935/kevin-love-trade-cavaliers-timberwolves-andrew-wiggins

baseline bum
08-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Stupid. The Timberwolves have no leverage here. What Cleveland should do is make the following offer:

1. Wiggins: $5.56 million
2. Brenda Haywood: $2.21 million
3. John Lucas III: $1.6 million (unguaranteed)
4. Matthew Delladova: $0.816 million
5. Erik Murphy: $0.816 million

That allows them to land Love since his salary will be less than 150% of Cleveland's outgoing salary and the Cavs will be well below the luxury tax level. There is no way they should just give Bennett away unless they really want to dump his contract.

That deal would eventually get done, as no one is going to offer Minnesota a better building block than Wiggins. No fucking way you take Klay Thompson over Wiggins just because Cleveland plays hardball.

slick'81
08-04-2014, 06:24 PM
All knew it would happen

Chinook
08-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Not really news. Surprised that Philly wants Bennet over Waiters. But if Ant gets his act together, the Sixers will be fun to watch this season. Fun, but not good.

Cry Havoc
08-04-2014, 06:25 PM
If this goes down, Cavs are the #1 overall favorite out East. As of now, that award is with Chicago.

What a sad sack of a conference.

baseline bum
08-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Not really news. Surprised that Philly wants Bennet over Waiters. But if Ant gets his act together, the Sixers will be fun to watch this season. Fun, but not good.

I doubt Cleveland would move Waiters.

Chinook
08-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Stupid. The Timberwolves have no leverage here. What Cleveland should do is make the following offer:

1. Wiggins: $5.56 million
2. Brenda Haywood: $2.21 million
3. John Lucas III: $1.6 million (unguaranteed)
4. Matthew Delladova: $0.816 million
5. Erik Murphy: $0.816 million

That allows them to land Love since his salary will be less than 150% of Cleveland's outgoing salary and the Cavs will be well below the luxury tax level. There is no way they should just give Bennett away unless they really want to dump his contract.

That deal would eventually get done, as no one is going to offer Minnesota a better building block than Wiggins. No fucking way you take Klay Thompson over Wiggins just because Cleveland plays hardball.

Haywood is too valuable to trade him away again, amd depending on when exactly he was acquired, he may not even be aggregateable.

baseline bum
08-04-2014, 06:28 PM
Haywood is too valuable to trade him away again, amd depending on when exactly he was acquired, he may not even be aggregateable.

I think the only restriction on Brenda is he can't be traded back to Dallas since they amnestied him.

MeloHype
08-04-2014, 06:32 PM

LeBron wants waiters on the cavs

baseline bum
08-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Then again, the more I think about it, the more I think Minnesota would hold Love until the trade deadline if the Cavs can't get them Thaddeus Young as part of the deal. That's a lot of risk and Cleveland is fucked if Wiggins flames out. Conversely, unless Love tears an ACL there is no way Wiggins in even the best case is even half the player Love is next season. I guess they gotta do the deal.

Thebesteva
08-04-2014, 06:34 PM
Am I the only one here who feels like this is a bad move? Isnt this in essence what the FO did wrong the first time around and it cost Lebron to leave? Its one thing to do logical things to make your superstar happy, its another to make a dumb monkey like Lebron the GM. They are giving him who he wants and that guy is a proven moron, he picked Antawn Jamison over Amare.

Its like when Kobe thought it would be brilliant to trade Jason Kidd for Andrew Bynum and later on admitted that would have been a dumb move once Gasol came along.

Chinook
08-04-2014, 06:35 PM
I think the only restriction on Brenda is he can't be traded back to Dallas since they amnestied him.

I'm not sure. I think he was traded after James signed, which means Cleveland may have been over the cap when they officially got him. If so, he'd be under the 60-day restriction. Even if he's not, he's still too valuable to give away.

baseline bum
08-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Am I the only one here who feels like this is a bad move? Isnt this in essence what the FO did wrong the first time around and it cost Lebron to leave? Its one thing to do logical things to make your superstar happy, its another to make a dumb monkey like Lebron the GM. They are giving him who he wants and that guy is a proven moron, he picked Antawn Jamison over Amare.

Its like when Kobe thought it would be brilliant to trade Jason Kidd for Andrew Bynum and later on admitted that would have been a dumb move once Gasol came along.

Trading Bynum for 25 year old Kidd would have been an amazing move. Come on besteva, you're comparing Love to scrub-ass Antawn Jamison? They're not doing the deal because they're scared of losing LeBron, they're doing the deal because they're getting an elite bigman for pennies on the dollar.

Thebesteva
08-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Trading Bynum for 25 year old Kidd would have been an amazing move. Come on besteva, you're comparing Love to scrub-ass Antawn Jamison? They're not doing the deal because they're scared of losing LeBron, they're doing the deal because they're getting an elite bigman for pennies on the dollar.

Whoa there my nig, Jason Kidd is 41 years old. He was already on a steady decline at that point in 2007 (when he was 34 years old not 25). Don't get me wrong, he is 1 billion times the player Bynum ever was but that 2009-10 Lakers team wsa built on height Bynum+gasol+Odom etc. Everyone knows Phil Jackson doesnt use PG's efficiently in the triangle, he just has them camp for 3 pointers so it was pointless of Kobe to pretend he was a GM.

As for comparing Love to Antawn, I am not. I am however saying Lebron has a history of putting on his GM hat and failing miserably. The difference betwee nthe Miami FO and Clevelands is they had the balls to tell LEbron NO, which is why he left. Cleveland does not

ElNono
08-04-2014, 06:44 PM
This is really all the Wolves can get for Love? You trade the franchise for a promising project and junk?

baseline bum
08-04-2014, 06:46 PM
Whoa there my nig, Jason Kidd is 41 years old. He was already on a steady decline at that point in 2007 (when he was 34 years old not 25). Don't get me wrong, he is 1 billion times the player Bynum ever was but that 2009-10 Lakers team wsa built on height Bynum+gasol+Odom etc. Everyone knows Phil Jackson doesnt use PG's efficiently in the triangle, he just has them camp for 3 pointers so it was pointless of Kobe to pretend he was a GM.

Which is why this is completely different than Bynum for Kidd. Love is in the beginning of his prime.

As for comparing Love to Antawn, I am not. I am however saying Lebron has a history of putting on his GM hat and failing miserably. The difference betwee nthe Miami FO and Clevelands is they had the balls to tell LEbron NO, which is why he left. Cleveland does not

He left because Wade's game has fallen off a cliff, because Bosh isn't getting any better at age 30, because Arison got cheap with the roster, because Miami had no reasonable way to get better, because he'd have the press sucking his balls for returning home :cry, and because he had a team with more young talent to go to. This isn't LeBron putting on his GM hat. This is Cleveland making an obvious deal for one of the top players in league for an outstanding but still unproven prospect with some real question marks.

baseline bum
08-04-2014, 06:49 PM
This is really all the Wolves can get for Love? You trade the franchise for a promising project and junk?

You never win these kind of deals unless Isiah is on the other end of the call tbh.

Chinook
08-04-2014, 06:52 PM
You never win these kind of deals unless Isiah is on the other end of the call tbh.

True. As bad as Deron Williams has been, Utah still got basically nothing for him except a huge contract and a couple of endless projects.

Phillip
08-04-2014, 06:52 PM
in the meantime, Cavs are trying to get Shawn Marion to bolster their defense a bit.

Chinook
08-04-2014, 06:54 PM
in the meantime, Cavs are trying to get Shawn Marion to bolster their defense a bit.

It could help a lot if Marion could have a Battier-like impact. I still think they're coming hard after Danny Green next July.

baseline bum
08-04-2014, 07:02 PM
It could help a lot if Marion could have a Battier-like impact. I still think they're coming hard after Danny Green next July.

If they renounce Thompson and Waiters they might be able to offer $6.5 million or so starting. I think the Spurs would match that four year deal and that he'd stay if the team still looked to be a contender. Of course if Duncan retires he could end up choosing to play for a title in Cleveland, which I couldn't hold against him. But most likely Cleveland would just have MLE to offer, as Thompson has James' agent and will surely get paid for Rich Paul bringing LeBron back to Cleveland. I think Green will get way better offers than the MLE.

benefactor
08-04-2014, 07:05 PM
:cry never forget :cry

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5261731

mavsfan1000
08-04-2014, 07:14 PM
Lol Cavs going after the most overrated player in the league.

TXstbobcat
08-04-2014, 07:15 PM

I agree with you that Cleveland is getting the better part of this deal. I work with some wolves fans that think Wiggins will be the savior but I don't think he is a sure thing. I've seen too many high lottery picks turn out to be busts.

Chinook
08-04-2014, 07:16 PM
If they renounce Thompson and Waiters they might be able to offer $6.5 million or so starting. I think the Spurs would match that four year deal and that he'd stay if the team still looked to be a contender. Of course if Duncan retires he could end up choosing to play for a title in Cleveland, which I couldn't hold against him. But most likely Cleveland would just have MLE to offer, as Thompson has James' agent and will surely get paid for Rich Paul bringing LeBron back to Cleveland. I think Green will get way better offers than the MLE.

He might, but if Tim and Manu go off to the glue factory, Danny may rejoin his friend and original team in order to chase rings. He might well be their missing piece next year. Also, the Cavs will have Haywood to trade, so they could potentially make a competitive S&T offer for Green or another FA.

TSpence26
08-05-2014, 03:53 AM
http://magnustoday.net/2014/08/kevin-loveandrew-wiggins-trade-complete/

TDMVPDPOY
08-05-2014, 04:15 AM
surprise lebron hasnt reach out to mo williams...

since his going after former players to try one more time

if they somehow steal danny green next year? i be lol at the spurs FO and that turd enrique

Raven
08-05-2014, 05:01 AM
I dont see whats fun about seing bennet play tbh

SupremeGuy
08-05-2014, 06:36 AM
It could help a lot if Marion could have a Battier-like impact. I still think they're coming hard after Danny Green next July.Fuck, I never even thought about that. Good call. Hopefully he has some loyalty for the team that didn't give up on him and made him into the player he is today, tbh.

Thread
08-05-2014, 08:03 AM

And when Jim Buss, for the second time put his foot down and repudiated Kobe. That's how we're at 16 instead of 14.

Jim Buss

AaronY
08-05-2014, 08:05 AM
And when Jim Buss, for the second time put his foot down and repudiated Kobe. That's how we're at 16 instead of 14.

Jim Buss

Bynum was a one legged scrub in both of those playoffs who gave them replacement level production. Couldve found any number of seven footers to replicate what he did those years

Thread
08-05-2014, 08:16 AM
Bynum was a one legged scrub in both of those playoffs who gave them replacement level production. Couldve found any number of seven footers to replicate what he did those years

Well, of course they could. But, Bynum actually did it unlike your seven footer who permitted in turn his wife & some fuck named Battier to break his hole.

Fpoonsie
08-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Hopefully he has some loyalty for the team that didn't give up on him and made him into the player he is today, tbh.

Actually, SA gave up on him twice.

TheRealCB
08-05-2014, 08:33 AM

No my man they lost Lebron the first time around because they wouldn't trade JJ Hickson for Amar'e.. Now they've learned from their mistake, but they're taking too far imo.

Clipper Nation
08-05-2014, 08:36 AM
Trading Bynum for 25 year old Kidd would have been an amazing move.
The real amazing move would have been trading Shitbag for Marion and 26-year-old Kidd like Phil wanted to do....

Spurs9
08-05-2014, 08:44 AM
http://magnustoday.net/2014/08/kevin-loveandrew-wiggins-trade-complete/
Boom tspense coming thru again

08-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Cavs displaying their inept management skills again. Trading away both Bennett and Wiggins when they are the ones with all the leverage? T-wolves don't have any other offers that even come close to the potential of Wiggins. Love already publicly declared he will leave the Wolves.

Cavs should have just passed on the trade. They don't have enough salary to match Love without throwing in both their number 1 pick players. It's just not good value. Cavs could have at least asked for a first round pick.

baseline bum
08-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Cavs displaying their inept management skills again. Trading away both Bennett and Wiggins when they are the ones with all the leverage? T-wolves don't have any other offers that even come close to the potential of Wiggins. Love already publicly declared he will leave the Wolves.

Cavs should have just passed on the trade. They don't have enough salary to match Love without throwing in both their number 1 pick players. It's just not good value. Cavs could have at least asked for a first round pick.

The Wolves would just hold onto Love until February then, as the Wiggins trade will always be there.

RD2191
08-05-2014, 12:20 PM
The Wolves would just hold onto Love until February then, as the Wiggins trade will always be there.
What if Wiggins is balling by then and the Cavs told the Wolves to get fucked? I just don't see why the Wolves think they're calling the shots here. They're risking losing Love for nothing. Just a shitty organization, imo.

Thread
08-05-2014, 12:30 PM

El, with a rare moment of clarity. Must be off the sauce this morning.

This smells a smidge like Silver/NYC stepped in and put a governer on it.

ElNono
08-05-2014, 12:32 PM
El, with a rare moment of clarity. Must be off the sauce this morning.

This smells a smidge like Silver/NYC stepped in and put a governer on it.

I'm on fucking antibiotics... feels like I'm radioactive or something...

08-05-2014, 12:41 PM
The longer the Wolves hold onto Love, the more desperate they become. The closer it gets to the deadline, the closer Love will leave for nothing. Right now they can maintain the illusion that they have a high bargaining position but the closer it gets to the deadline, all their perceived leverage will evaporate. Wiggins is the best potential player the Wolves are going to get. The Cavs should either not do the deal with Bennett involved or ask for a Wolves first rounder back (maybe swapped with Cavs first rounder).

TDMVPDPOY
08-05-2014, 12:44 PM
The longer the Wolves hold onto Love, the more desperate they become. The closer it gets to the deadline, the closer Love will leave for nothing. Right now they can maintain the illusion that they have a high bargaining position but the closer it gets to the deadline, all their perceived leverage will evaporate. Wiggins is the best potential player the Wolves are going to get. The Cavs should either not do the deal with Bennett involved or ask for a Wolves first rounder back (maybe swapped with Cavs first rounder).

even if he walks, who has the cap to offer him a max deal? compared to the max deal the wolves can give him or a sign n trade

JoeTait75
08-05-2014, 12:56 PM

The Cavaliers don't have any leverage. The Timberwolves have the leverage because they have Kevin Love and the Cavaliers don't.

Chinook
08-05-2014, 01:06 PM
If I were the Cavs, I'd just trade for Young now. He's a good player who'd help the team out, and he's also the other guy the Wolves want. Then Cleveland can wait the Wolves out, since Wiggins and Young beats any other offer. Eventually, Cleveland can push for a trade involving just Young and sweeteners who aren't Wiggins.

Worst case, the Cavs trade what they were already prepared to trade while having an easier time matching salaries. Best case, they get to keep Wiggins by offering Thad, Haywood and picks near the deadline.

The only risk is if Minny still desperately wants to surround Rubio with Spaniards. Then Chicago may have a compelling offer.

ambchang
08-05-2014, 01:29 PM
Not sure why the Cavs are so desperate to pull the trigger. Play Wiggins a few months, see if he pans out, then pull the trigger around mid season before the new year. You display Wiggins, develop him, drive up his stock, get the Wolves to become more desperate, and reduce your out going costs.

Love, no matter where he's traded, will seriously consider the Cavs anyways, a sign and trade could be done then, likely with a lower cost than what you are putting out now.

Love + Lebron + Irving is not a sure fire championship team, there are obvious issues with defense. Why mortgage your future for a Finals appearance, when you will make the finals anyways out East with Lebron? The Cavs would be a scary perimeter defense team with Lebron and Wiggins (as long as he learn the principles), you put a few serviceable big around them, and you have the 10's version of the Jordan Bulls.

Also, why not use Irving as the centre piece? Build around that instead. Use him to get a defensive center and a stretch four. Add a few outside shooting "PGs", and the team is set of the next 5 years, challenging, or even the favourites, for the title every single year.

Wiggins may or may not pan out, but his potential is huge, and his athleticism will allow him to be an elite defender. Playing under the tutelage of Lebron will give Wiggins an enormous head start on offense, much like how Pippen learned from Jordan.

JoeTait75
08-05-2014, 01:38 PM
As much as I like Wiggins's potential I don't think he'll be anywhere near ready to contribute at a championship level this year- not even close. If Kobe and McGrady weren't ready to play at that level as rookies I don't see why Wiggins would be.

IMO if the Cavaliers don't make this deal they aren't even as good as Chicago in the East, presuming Rose stays healthy. At least not this year.

dg7md
08-06-2014, 04:57 AM
Cavs are going all in. Wiggins will be a top 5 NBA player in the NBA within 3 years tbh... might be a mistake. I'm not even sure Kevin Love would put the Cavs over the top to beat us or OKC.

dg7md
08-06-2014, 04:59 AM
As much as I like Wiggins's potential I don't think he'll be anywhere near ready to contribute at a championship level this year- not even close. If Kobe and McGrady weren't ready to play at that level as rookies I don't see why Wiggins would be.

IMO if the Cavaliers don't make this deal they aren't even as good as Chicago in the East, presuming Rose stays healthy. At least not this year.

Don't undersell LeBron's impact. Not to mention you guys have a really good young point who will be very effective playing alongside the best player in the game. You guys are already the best team in the East. :lol

Venti Quattro
08-07-2014, 08:38 AM
OFFICIAL. https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--cavaliers-have-agreement-to-acquire-kevin-love--who-commits-to-staying-in-cleveland-054657392.html

djohn2oo8
08-07-2014, 08:39 AM
^ Yup. Wojbomb.

Clipper Nation
08-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Huge mistake, tbh....

djohn2oo8
08-07-2014, 08:57 AM
Huge mistake, tbh....

I agree that Love isn't the biggest difference maker, but in the East he doesn't have to be. I'd just like to see what Blatt can do there.

Clipper Nation
08-07-2014, 09:00 AM
I agree that Love isn't the biggest difference maker, but in the East he doesn't have to be. I'd just like to see what Blatt can do there.
Going to be tough to ring when two of your supposed "Big Three" are among the worst and laziest defenders at their positions.... looks like Kang is going to have to carry yet another overrated supporting cast by himself, SMH.....

djohn2oo8
08-07-2014, 09:00 AM

djohn2oo8
08-07-2014, 09:04 AM
lol dumbass Screamin A Smith talking about Harrison Barnes/Lee/Thompson was a better package than Wiggins lol

AaronY
08-07-2014, 09:07 AM
The fact that he agreed to an extension beforehand makes it a good deal imho.

The Batman
08-07-2014, 09:27 AM

Good deal for both teams.

mavsfan1000
08-07-2014, 10:35 AM

Agreed. Love can't play D and has trouble creating his own shot due to being slow.

wanggi
08-07-2014, 10:54 AM
pay him the fucking money.

Love's 120 mil/5yr vs. Bledsolul's 48 mil/4yr.

Still blank offer sheet, cubby.

Ya Made ur bed white hog.

Hahahahaahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

ImDaNuts
08-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Wiggins won't amount to much. Good deal.

Chinook
08-07-2014, 11:22 AM

He agreed to opt out and re-sign next year. But that agreement is completely non-binding.

The only saving grace of this trade for Cleveland is that they likely are not trading guys who will be the best players from their respective draft classes. Had they traded a healthy duo of Noel and Embiid, it'd be crazy.

Malik Hairston
08-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Damn, Wiggins is so overrated, tbh, especially from a short-term perspective..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-07-2014, 11:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqmt6f2PYzQ

Wiggins could make the All-NBA defensive team his rookie year..

Thread
08-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Love's 120 mil/5yr vs. Bledsolul's 48 mil/4yr.

Still blank offer sheet, cubby.

Ya Made ur bed white hog.

Hahahahaahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

O & 47!!!

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-07-2014, 12:56 PM
They are going to need a quality defensive center to make this work. Don't know who is still out there right now but Duncan is a FA next year. Pretty sure the fact that Shaq was able win rings with two different franchises while Tim hasn't is eating away at his soul too.

manufan10
08-07-2014, 01:20 PM
http://s27.postimg.org/xuen7kcgz/Screenshot_2014_08_07_at_1_16_59_PM.png

D-Wade
08-07-2014, 01:24 PM
They are going to need a quality defensive center to make this work. Don't know who is still out there right now but Duncan is a FA next year. Pretty sure the fact that Shaq was able win rings with two different franchises while Tim hasn't is eating away at his soul too.

Depending on health, Varejao is decent enough. And between Love not playing any defense and getting boards and Andy playing defense and playing boards, this team will be a load on the defensive glass from an opposing team's standpoint.

Pelicans78
08-07-2014, 01:26 PM
I doubt Cleveland would move Waiters.

He sucks overall. A fat chucker who won't defend or pass the ball.

kobe4life
08-07-2014, 02:00 PM
I'm laughing at you Great Satan for trading the next great superstar for an overrated glorified stat whore. Wiggins is going to be a superstar while Love will get exposed now that he isn't the number 1 option.

Seventyniner
08-07-2014, 02:03 PM

:lol

ImDaNuts
08-07-2014, 02:35 PM
:rollin At anyone who thinks Wiggins is gonna be a superstar

myhc
08-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Depending on health, Varejao is decent enough. And between Love not playing any defense and getting boards and Andy playing defense and playing boards, this team will be a load on the defensive glass from an opposing team's standpoint.

Yep. This will be one of the best rebounding teams in the NBA next year.

kobe4life
08-07-2014, 04:11 PM
:rollin At anyone who thinks Wiggins is gonna be a superstar

Trust me the joke will be on you and the rest of the clowns who post here when Wiggins becomes a superstar.

JoeTait75
08-07-2014, 04:16 PM
He sucks overall. A fat chucker who won't defend or pass the ball.

He's a better passer than Kyrie, tbh. Dion's problem is he thinks he should get superstar calls from the refs and superstar respect in the locker room despite not being a superstar. If he puts his ego in check he can be solid.

Infinite_limit
08-07-2014, 04:20 PM
It will take the Cavs a couple of seasons to get rolling roster wise. But yeah pretty much puts James on path to finish with 4 or 5 NBA Titles

Ghazi
08-07-2014, 05:24 PM
People just say Love cant play D. Its not based in reality

mavsfan1000
08-07-2014, 05:32 PM
I'm laughing at you Great Satan for trading the next great superstar for an overrated glorified stat whore. Wiggins is going to be a superstar while Love will get exposed now that he isn't the number 1 option.
Yep Love stat padded on the Wolves similar to Bosh stat padding on the Raptors. Except Love is even worse on defense and slower.

DMC
08-07-2014, 06:10 PM
People just say Love cant play D. Its not based in reality

People say Kobe cannot pass the ball. It's also not based in reality. Both are not "can't" but "won't". Love won't play D.

DMC
08-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Niggens isn't going to be a superstar in Minnesota. If he ever goes to Chicago or NY, perhaps.

Ghazi
08-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Love will play D next to LeBron

mavsfan1000
08-07-2014, 06:22 PM
Love will play D next to LeBron
No he needs a shot blocking center. Someone who can correct his errors.

ColinB
08-07-2014, 07:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uVIOjsZ-s0

kobe4life
08-07-2014, 07:58 PM

Agreed Love's defense is just as good as Matt Bonner's defense. Its like Bonner no matter how hard Bonner tries to guard guys he just gets schooled. That is pretty much Love on defense.

cd021
08-07-2014, 11:30 PM
Agreed Love's defense is just as good as Matt Bonner's defense. Its like Bonner no matter how hard Bonner tries to guard guys he just gets schooled. That is pretty much Love on defense.

Statistically yes. Both have a career D Rtg of 106

Bonners a better defender than he is given credit for. He isn't clueless but lacks the athleticism to be better average.

He is a very good post defender and is almost never late in rotations to the weakside.

The problem with Love and the Cavs is that they have so many poor to average defenders (Irving, Waiters, Love, Miller and Allen ,if he signs) they can't do that trapping that Miami did for the past 4 seasons because they don't have a Bosh like big man who is long,athletic and mobile. Varejao is a good defender but only him and James can do so much.

cd021
08-07-2014, 11:58 PM

Marion and Okafor could be nice fits. Okafor is a rim protector and Marion can guard 1-3 and some 4s.

08-08-2014, 02:49 PM
The worst thing about this is endless Love puns we will be forced to hear now that Love is on a team that matters.

TheCultOfPersonality
08-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Wiggins won't amount to much. Good deal.

Damn, Wiggins is so overrated, tbh, especially from a short-term perspective..

:tu I agree.

BatManu20
08-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Shots fired

Clipper Nation
08-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Shots fired

:lol Kirby really must think everyone's forgotten how he forced his way off of the Hornets....

Robz4000
08-14-2014, 11:37 PM

Love is an average defensive rebounder iirc. Him, Varejao, and Lebron will be a force on the offensive glass however.

djohn2oo8
12-12-2014, 10:26 PM
Lol Cavs going after the most overrated player in the league.

This. They couldn't beat the Pelicans with Davis out