PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Cavs vs Bulls, who will rep the East?

RsxPiimp
08-05-2014, 07:50 PM
If Rose is healthy and the Love trade goes down, which team will go to the Finals?

I like the Cavs as a team overall but I feel like people are sleeping on Chicago. If Pau comes back for another solid season, they can beat the younger and inexperienced Cavs. Cleveland literally is banking the trio of Lebron/Irving/Love will produce similar results but the dynamics of this trio will be far less impressive

With Noah and Taj removing that extra load down low, I expect Gasol to have a very effective season.

Cry Havoc
08-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Would be a tough call.

Cleveland has to show that they can play defense outside of LeBron, who is obviously elite.

So for now, I'd hesitantly take the Bulls in 7.

DAF86
08-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Aren't you guys tired of falling for the Bulls hype every offseason? No Derrick Rose lead team is winning shit anytime soon.

DAF86
08-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Check that, no Derrick Rose lead team is winning shit. Ever.

StrengthAndHonor
08-05-2014, 08:36 PM
The Bulls haven't answered much of their deficiencies. Gasol is a slight improvement over Boozer, especially at the age of 34. A lot of casual fans are really overrating him.

Cleveland however isn't a lock. People are excited with the formation of another Big 3 but there's always going to be chemistry issues which could be their biggest roadblock going forward. Additionally, we don't know how ineffective Irving will be once his usage rate drops substantially, unlike Wade, he's pretty much useless unless he's scoring or dribbling 16 seconds off the shot clock. My guess is Cleveland will dangle another of their young talent, perhaps Waiters mid season to address their perimeter defensive issues to compensate for Irving's lack of effort.

spurraider21
08-05-2014, 08:39 PM
I'm taking Cleveland. I like what Chicago did this offseason, but they're not getting to the Finals unless:

a) Cavs have a disastrous season
b) they get 2011 Rose

TampaDude
08-05-2014, 08:49 PM
LeBron + Kyrie + Love = Eastern Conference Champions

Too bad for LeBron he's gonna get cucked by the Spurs in the Finals again.

StrengthAndHonor
08-05-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm taking Cleveland. I like what Chicago did this offseason, but they're not getting to the Finals unless:

a) Cavs have a disastrous season
b) they get 2011 Rose
Even if they get 2011 Rose, they're still thin to overcome a player like Lebron. And unlike the 2010 Cavaliers team, this new Cavs will be a beast offensively, and Thibodeau's achilles has always been James.

Miriotic, Aaron Brooks and McDermott just isn't enough.

JoeTait75
08-05-2014, 08:57 PM
LeBron + Kyrie + Love = Eastern Conference Champions

Too bad for LeBron he's gonna get cucked by the Spurs in the Finals again.

I'll take a couple of wins this time at least, tbh. I don't think the Cavaliers have the experience to win a title this year. Neither Kyrie nor Love (assuming the deal is made) have even made the postseason. This is a dues-paying league.

Robz4000
08-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Cavs unless they really can't play D.

Malik Hairston
08-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Cleveland is virtually a lock to make the Finals, tbh..as much as I hate LeCoon, just having him on your roster is a guaranteed trip to the ECFs, and if they add Love, that's a good enough supporting cast to secure a spot in the Finals IMO..

Even with their inexperience, they would still have a great chance at beating OKC in the Finals, too..

If they get the Spurs, they would get killed, though, too inexperienced and flawed in a direct matchup..

The Bulls are one of the 2-3 most hyped teams in the league every season..they're loaded on paper and they have a great coach, but they're still relying heavily on a potential miracle, which is Rose returning to 2011 level, tbh..Gasol has also become a little overrated, too..

ElNono
08-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Aren't you guys tired of falling for the Bulls hype every offseason? No Derrick Rose lead team is winning shit anytime soon.

I'm with you

spurraider21
08-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Even if they get 2011 Rose, they're still thin to overcome a player like Lebron. And unlike the 2010 Cavaliers team, this new Cavs will be a beast offensively, and Thibodeau's achilles has always been James.

Miriotic, Aaron Brooks and McDermott just isn't enough.
i like Noah, Gasol, Gibson vs Varejao (assuming he's actually playing), Love, and Thompson... that's where i see Chicago's advantage.

ElNono
I also think peeps are overlooking Miami too... They wont be as good as when Lebron was there, obviously, but they should still be a great team...

spurraider21
we haven't seen a derrick rose led team since 2011 tbh

DAF86
08-05-2014, 09:28 PM
we haven't seen a derrick rose led team since 2011 tbh

Even if 2011 Rose is back the Bulls aren't winning shit. Rose is arguably the most overrated player I have ever seen.

StrengthAndHonor
08-05-2014, 09:32 PM
i like Noah, Gasol, Gibson vs Varejao (assuming he's actually playing), Love, and Thompson... that's where i see Chicago's advantage.
Chicago does have a nice and huge front court depth. That will be their biggest advantage over anyone in the East. It will be a nice surprise if they face the Wizards again.

Still not sold on their offensive prowess. Brooks was a solid addition but they need more.

spurraider21
08-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Even if 2011 Rose is back the Bulls aren't winning shit. Rose is arguably the most overrated player I have ever seen.
eh... he was pretty much the only offensive force on the Bulls, and thats an element they've sorely lacked for 2 years now. he had a series where Lebron owned him... happens to a lot of people tbh.

StrengthAndHonor
08-05-2014, 09:36 PM
I also think peeps are overlooking Miami too... They wont be as good as when Lebron was there, obviously, but they should still be a great team...
Replace great with good and I'd agree. We will basically see a Bosh led team. Can't put much stock into it.

DAF86
08-05-2014, 09:38 PM
eh... he was pretty much the only offensive force on the Bulls, and thats an element they've sorely lacked for 2 years now. he had a series where Lebron owned him... happens to a lot of people tbh.

On the playoff, with appropriate adjusments and effort Rose becomes very easy to stop.

spurraider21
08-05-2014, 09:47 PM
On the playoff, with appropriate adjusments and effort Rose becomes very easy to stop.
you act like everybody stopped Derrick rose. it was basically just lebron.

so yeah, have one of the best perimeter defenders in recent memory defend him. thats the grand strategy

DAF86
08-05-2014, 09:51 PM
you act like everybody stopped Derrick rose. it was basically just lebron.

so yeah, have one of the best perimeter defenders in recent memory defend him. thats the grand strategy

Mighty 2011 Rose shot just 39% for the entire playoffs. He didn't struggle just against Lebron.

baseline bum
08-05-2014, 09:59 PM

What seed do you see them at? I don't know man, Wade can't last a full season and who knows if Bosh can ever become Toronto out in the first round Bosh again?

baseline bum
08-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Even if the Cavs keep Wiggins and don't get Love I see them coming out of a spectacularly weak East, with Washington having an outside chance at the conference.

StrengthAndHonor
08-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Even if the Cavs keep Wiggins and don't get Love I see them coming out of a spectacularly weak East, with Washington having an outside chance at the conference.
Who replaced Ariza? He was big for them last year.

RsxPiimp
08-05-2014, 10:51 PM
Wizards are a joke. John Wall is one of the most overhyped player in the league:lol

I'm curious what's going to happen with Kyrie though. I mean, we all know Lebron's the designated playmaker of the team which makes Irving a spot up shooter, unless they reverse role that allows Kyrie to keep his job.

RsxPiimp
08-05-2014, 10:51 PM
Wizards are a joke. John Wall is one of the most overhyped player in the league:lol

I'm curious what's going to happen with Kyrie though. I mean, we all know Lebron's the designated playmaker of the team which makes Irving a spot up shooter, unless they reverse role that allows Kyrie to keep his job.

RsxPiimp
08-05-2014, 10:52 PM

Pierce and Porter is being groomed to become a starter soon.

RsxPiimp
08-05-2014, 10:53 PM

That team will struggle heavily. May even miss the playoffs altogether.

Chinook
08-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Cleveland. I think Miami still challenges for the ECF, though.

baseline bum
08-05-2014, 11:45 PM

I said outside chance. As in if Wall lives up to his undeserved hype from last year, Beal keeps improving, and Pierce turns back to the clock two years. I'm not buying any of the Chicago hype when Rose was so shitty last season after everyone said he looked great in the offseason. Rose was genuinely worse than Kobe last year. Indiana is done. Miami is done. Brooklyn lost two starters and is done. New York is still shitty. Detroit still has Jennings at point. Atlanta should be improved with Horford back, but their ceiling is pretty low. Same with Charlotte after landing Stephenson.

ElNono
08-06-2014, 12:02 AM
Replace great with good and I'd agree. We will basically see a Bosh led team. Can't put much stock into it.

- They're well coached
- They have the experience
- Bosh suffered not getting enough touches, that should no longer be a problem
- Green made Wade his bitch in the Finals, but up to that point Wade wasn't bad. He was actually pretty good against Indy.
- Chalmers should have a bounce back season
- They can play big and play small. Along with the Spurs, they're one of the few teams that play a modern NBA game

Some things are going to have to come together for them (Chalmers, Wade rejuvenation, Cole progression). If they do, they'll be a tough out, IMO.

ElNono
08-06-2014, 12:04 AM
What seed do you see them at? I don't know man, Wade can't last a full season and who knows if Bosh can ever become Toronto out in the first round Bosh again?

Like you said, depends on Wade and how Bosh reacts to be the focus. But the East is so weak, and they have a solid coach and system in place... I could see them top 3 seed in the East...

ElNono
08-06-2014, 12:05 AM
That team will struggle heavily. May even miss the playoffs altogether.

Disagree. I bet you they'll finish with a better record than the Lakeshow...

TDMVPDPOY
08-06-2014, 12:51 AM
whether they rep the east in the finals, doesnt really concern me at all

how can u be the greatest player of ur generation but have a losing record in the finals, let alone losing to 2 tosb teams?

lebron overrated, overglorified for little he has accomplished

PingPong
08-06-2014, 11:14 AM
Bulls is that team defeated by the fucking Wizards?

Infinite_limit
08-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Bulls is that team defeated by the fucking Wizards?
Cavs is that team missed the playoffs altogether?

PingPong
08-08-2014, 10:48 AM
Cavs is that team missed the playoffs altogether?

Without Le Bron and Love.

Captivus
08-08-2014, 11:24 AM
I just hope Rose is healthy, and the Bulls can actually be contenders.
The Paul injury makes the East weaker now, so the Bulls have to do something, otherwise the Cavs will cruise to the finals.

Infinite_limit
08-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Without Le Bron and Love.
Bulls added Rose, Gasol, Mirotic, McDermott & Brooks

Arcadian
08-08-2014, 04:40 PM
:lmao This season is going to be epic... The Spurs will win their first back-to-back championship, and they will do it by defeating a Lebron James-led team for the third time, thus cementing Tim Duncan's legacy over Lebron's in the all-time rankings. Duncan will be 3-1 against Lebron in the Finals, and he will have 6 titles overall.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-08-2014, 05:53 PM
If everything comes together exactly right for both teams I think Bulls have a higher ceiling this season. But the list of things that has to go right for them is a lot tougher for me to buy than Cleveland's list so I would pick the Cavs in a long and probably brutally ugly series. Like neither team cracks 90 in at least a couple of games kind of ugly.

HemisfairArena
08-10-2014, 08:58 PM

Bingo,,,,Bulls are always overrated shit. It will be Cleveland and Washington fighting for the East.