PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Popovich Was Once a Manson Family Member

Thompson
08-05-2014, 11:59 PM
...and a woman.

https://s.yimg.com/nn/fp/rsz/080514/images/smush/manson-ipad_635x250_1407259469.jpg

https://screen.yahoo.com/popular/life-manson-124138909.html?vp=1

(off-season thread)

GSH
08-06-2014, 12:08 AM
...and a woman.

https://s.yimg.com/nn/fp/rsz/080514/images/smush/manson-ipad_635x250_1407259469.jpg

(off-season thread)

Holy shit. I thought that was Photoshopped, and it seemed like a sort of ridiculous attempt at a joke. That's a real photo of one of Manson's followers, clipped from old video. And, yeah, it really does look like a young Pop in a wig. That's just plain old creepy.

Sec24Row7
08-06-2014, 12:11 AM
haha…

SupremeGuy
08-06-2014, 12:19 AM
Young Pop had far worse acne, tbh.

spurraider21
08-06-2014, 12:32 AM
Holy shit. I thought that was Photoshopped, and it seemed like a sort of ridiculous attempt at a joke. That's a real photo of one of Manson's followers, clipped from old video. And, yeah, it really does look like a young Pop in a wig. That's just plain old creepy.

This, right here, is why I quit watching the NBA. And it just made me decide that I'm not watching it next year, either. It's also the reason why we'll be playing the Heat in the Finals, and why we have very little chance of winning it all this time. Anybody who says that the league isn't biased is deluding themselves.

If you're not watching Game 5 of the ECF, watch the Youtube video below. Birdman took a cheap shot on Hansbrough, then turned around and escalated things by getting in Hansbrough's face, and then shoved the shit out of him. Just a few days ago, Nazr Mohammed shoved LeBron EXACTLY the same way, and he got ejected for it. And Nazr didn't commit the cheap shot first, either. Instead of ejecting Birdman, this play wound up with a double technical call on Birdman AND Hansbrough. We can argue about blocks/charges, or any other judgment calls, forever. But there's no debate about this call. When someone does it to Miami, it's an ejection. When Miami does it to someone else, it's just a tech, and the other team gets one too.

The Pacers were still up by 4 at the half, but the refs have taken over the third quarter, and the Heat players have that look on their faces, like they know the fix is in. Get ready to face the Heat, and the zebras, in the Finals. I'm going to follow the Spurs through the Finals, just because I have so much history. But after that, fuck the NBA.

WzaNPLq-nvc

I told you exactly what was going to happen, and why. The post-season is a completely different sport, played under a totally different set of rules.

Here's the most important stat of the night, and for the rest of the Spurs' playoffs. As I write this, the Spurs have committed 17 personal fouls, and the Mavs have committed 18 personal fouls. But the Spurs have only shot 9 free throws, compared to 23 for the Mavs. And it has nothing to do with the refs not calling the game evenly. The game plan for Dallas has been to hack the Spurs at every opportunity, to throw them out of their offensive rhythm. They aren't fouling guys when they are shooting - they are fouling them out on the floor before they even think about shooting. And it's taken away everything the Spurs do to create offense. They know that they can get away with a level of contact that would never work during the regular season. And they would be stupid not to take advantage of it. Count on every team doing the same thing, if the Spurs do get past the first round. And it will work for them, too.

It's not a matter of the foul calls being uneven. They aren't uneven. It's the league's philosophy to call the post-season differently, and it affects the Spurs' style of play more than pretty much any other team in the playoffs. All that famous "ball movement" is no longer possible, because guys are being held up and bumped off their routes. And the Spurs are totally dependent on the motion and timing. Bottom line, the playoffs are built for hero ball, and the Spurs aren't worth a shit at that.

Another way of looking at it is that the Mavs are playing playoff style basketball, and the Spurs aren't. And the Mavs have a number of players that are just much better at playing hero ball.

I told you exactly what was going to happen and why, and the usual cast of dumb shit commenters came on to do anything to keep from discussing basketball. If you're bitching about the officiating - quit. It's not a conspiracy against the Spurs, and it's not going to change. Just know that you wasted those first 82 games, and lost a lot of sleep for nothing. Because that sport is over for the year. And you're watching a team that isn't built for this sport. All the ignorant comments in the world aren't going to change that.

The Spurs survived this game (but only because Ellis just plain bricked a lay-up.) They may even survive the first round. But their motion offense doesn't work in this (post-season) sport. And there is no doubt that every team knows how to take advantage. Pay close attention. It isn't the contact while the Spurs are shooting that are kiling them. It's the contact off the ball that destroys their offensive flow. And that's the way this sport is played. To me, it's not basketball anymore. I'm a shameless addict, I guess, because I'm watching some of the post-season. But it all looks like a fucking rugby scrum.

Leetonidas
08-06-2014, 12:35 AM
^ ouch :lol

Malik Hairston
08-06-2014, 12:39 AM
^^:lmao..

Robz4000
08-06-2014, 12:40 AM
God damn, spurraider...

ColinB
08-06-2014, 12:42 AM
That GSH is post is probably number 2 in my all time favorite posts. Drunk Benefactor still the GOAT, but that one there is a classic.

GSH
08-06-2014, 01:15 AM
Ooooh. I was wrong about something, and you called me on it. How will I ever live through it. The thought of your evil smile makes me want to hide.

I guess you proved that the pic doesn't really look like a young Popovich, because I said it did, and I was wrong about something before. That's two gold stars for you tonight.

I've probably commented here on 3-4 days in the last year and a half. Both because I got burned out on the NBA, and because I got burned out on dumb shits like you.

I commented today about Manu, and then the story about Becky Hammon came out. Both are interesting to me. Make sure and post some non-sequitir bullshit on both of those threads, too. Never mind the fact that I explained some things about Manu's injury that most people don't know. Most of you children aren't interested in anything but seeing how many comments your dumb shit threads get.

Don't worry - I won't burden your cramped little brain cavity much more. I'm going to go to my room and masturbate, as I wallow in the self-loathing your scathing comments forced on me.

:p:

HI-FI
08-06-2014, 01:16 AM
:lol

GSH
08-06-2014, 01:26 AM
And BTW - the Spurs DON'T play hero ball worth a shit, and they would have lost if they had continued to play that way. Pop made one of the best coaching adjustments in history, and Boris Diaw finished the Finals with more assists than Tony Parker. You can tell yourself that you saw it coming, if it makes you feel better. But nobody saw that coming. Nobody.

And, yeah, I watched the playoffs. You aren't a Spurs fan for that long and not be interested when they are making a deep run. I barely watched any of the regular season this year, and wasn't drinking double espresso shots to wake up every morning.

Malik Hairston
08-06-2014, 01:37 AM
Damn, this dude is angry, tbh..take the L, bro..

ElNono
08-06-2014, 02:09 AM
But their motion offense doesn't work in this (post-season) sport.

To your credit, you were pretty much correct on this up until last playoffs... damn that offense was something else to watch. Reminded me of prime Team ARG 2004, tbh...

brb, gonna go fap at Game 3 of the Finals..

littlecoyotecoin
08-06-2014, 08:18 AM
And BTW - the Spurs DON'T play hero ball worth a shit, and they would have lost if they had continued to play that way. Pop made one of the best coaching adjustments in history, and Boris Diaw finished the Finals with more assists than Tony Parker. You can tell yourself that you saw it coming, if it makes you feel better. But nobody saw that coming. Nobody.

And, yeah, I watched the playoffs. You aren't a Spurs fan for that long and not be interested when they are making a deep run. I barely watched any of the regular season this year, and wasn't drinking double espresso shots to wake up every morning.

I enjoy your stuff. I would only disagree that several of us were in love with Boris' passing game all season. Would we specifically predict more assists than Tony? No. But, surprised if it happened? Also no.

littlecoyotecoin
08-06-2014, 08:41 AM
...and a woman.

https://screen.yahoo.com/popular/life-manson-124138909.html?vp=1

(off-season thread)

After infiltrating the cult, and dismantling it from within, Pop left the CIA to court his Basketball - his Holmesian equivalent to morphine and cocaine, until a more intriguing case arose.

illusioNtEk
08-06-2014, 03:41 PM
CIA POP in action once again