PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Sign JaMychal Green

mexpurs21
08-06-2014, 05:24 PM
The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have signed forward JaMychal Green. Per club policy, terms of the contract were not announced.
Green, 6-8/230, was a member of the Spurs 2014 Summer League team in Las Vegas. In six games he averaged 7.8 points and 6.5 rebounds in 16.2 minutes.
The Montgomery, Ala. native last season playing in the French Pro A League for Roanne, averaging 11.8 points and 6.6 rebounds in 22.1 minutes in 25 games while shooting .530 (122-230) from the field.
Green spent the 2012-13 season with the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League, averaging 12.3 points, 8.1 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 40 games.
An undrafted forward out of Alabama, Green averaged 14.0 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.5 blocks his final season for the Crimson Tide en route to being named All-SEC First Team in 2012.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/140806_spurs_sign_jamychal_green

Vic Petro
08-06-2014, 05:27 PM
The San Antonio Spurs, a true meritocracy.

BatManu20
08-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Yessir. Hopefully he gets Ayers minutes.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/s960x960/10498073_10152198061396981_7112322080550187443_o.j pg

DPG21920
08-06-2014, 05:30 PM
He likely won't get anyone's minutes. He likely won't make the team. Odds are it's just a TC contract and he will likely be cut unless he really, really impresses (and the Spurs make roster room somehow).

littlecoyotecoin
08-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Another non-guaranteed deal like Bryce Cotton got, maybe?

Edit: Oops, beat me to it.

Darius Bieber
08-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Austin Toros project tbh

slick'81
08-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Too bad ayers is guaranteed

jyra
08-06-2014, 05:36 PM

Chinook
08-06-2014, 05:39 PM
He likely won't get anyone's minutes. He likely won't make the team. Odds are it's just a TC contract and he will likely be cut unless he really, really impresses (and the Spurs make roster room somehow).

Yeah, he'd have to beat two of Ayres, Baynes or Daye. If just one gets cut, I think it's for Cotton.

jon123spurs
08-06-2014, 05:43 PM
He really impressed in the summer league. Maybe he'll challenge KA for backup sf duties. Another lowkey no risk high reward signing by the best organization in all of sports.

littlecoyotecoin
08-06-2014, 05:44 PM

"Undrafted free agent Bryce Cotton of Providence has agreed with Spurs on a partially guaranteed two-year deal, league sources tell RealGM."

Same deal, probably, like 40-50k guaranteed, nothing more unless they make the team is what Bryce's turned out to be, I think? Chinook or someone can correct?

Baam
08-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Wonder what happens with Baynes now... Imo Baynes offers something we really need on the bench (low post defense on huge centers)...

littlecoyotecoin
08-06-2014, 05:46 PM
He really impressed in the summer league. Maybe he'll challenge KA for backup sf duties. Another lowkey no risk high reward signing by the best organization in all of sports.

He might challenge KA for backup SF duties on The Toros when Kyle heads down there on occasion.

littlecoyotecoin
08-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Wonder what happens with Baynes now... Imo Baynes offers something we really need on the bench (low post defense on huge centers)...

Baynes still comes back.

Dex
08-06-2014, 05:54 PM

Green will probably get cut, unless he just plays out of the gym during training camp or the team finds a way to unload some other deadweight (like buy out the contracts of Daye or, unfortunately less likely, Ayers). If Green doesn't last, he gets a nice reward for playing well in Summer League and a possible path to opportunity elsewhere. If he's worth keeping, the Spurs have the option of doing so on the cheap.

Steve-O-Matic
08-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Green is not a SF. Not even in a 'big ball' lineup.

cjw
08-06-2014, 06:06 PM
Same deal, probably, like 40-50k guaranteed, nothing more unless they make the team is what Bryce's turned out to be, I think? Chinook or someone can correct?

As long as there's no money beyond this season on the guarantee, it's a low cost to pay to lock the guy up for training camp. They're over the cap and way under the tax, so none of those concerns come into play and as they're minimum contracts it doesn't hit the MLE (which will likely go unused ... not that it's a bad thing). The MLE usually balloons guys' worth.

littlecoyotecoin
08-06-2014, 06:09 PM

He usuAlly plays PF, but was listed at SF in some Euro stuff, but regarding KA, I was just being sarcastic because he probably won't be playing for The Spurs, to challenge anyone for minutes at any position.

exstatic
08-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Green is the same thing as Cotton: a player given a small guarantee to come to our camp over some other team's, so we can cut him and have his Toros rights.

Neither is making the team.

No one on a full guarantee is getting cut.

Baynes will ultimately sign.

exstatic
08-06-2014, 06:40 PM
He usuAlly plays PF, but was listed at SF in some Euro stuff, but regarding KA, I was just being sarcastic because he probably won't be playing for The Spurs, to challenge anyone for minutes at any position.

You need to work on your sarcasm. This fell as flat as that "Sean Marks didn't play in the NBA" shtick in the Becky Hammon thread.

bluebellmaniac
08-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Green is the same thing as Cotton: a player given a small guarantee to come to our camp over some other team's, so we can cut him and have his Toros rights.

That's interesting about the Toro's having his rights after he is cut. Would you happen to have a link for how some of that works? I'd love to read up on that.

Thanks

TD 21
08-06-2014, 06:45 PM

I don't know about that. Ayres might, more so due to Mills' injury than his own ineptitude/redundancy, which they'd otherwise probably just stomach.

Ginobili and maybe Anderson are fine as emergency options offensively, but neither can defend the position. Green can, but if (really, when) Ginobili and Parker get injured or they're given the odd game off, then what?

SupremeGuy
08-06-2014, 06:46 PM
A training camp body and then straight to the Toros for him, tbh.

AFBlue
08-06-2014, 06:51 PM
I guess this means LJC and Bertans are staying overseas another two years. smh

elemento
08-06-2014, 06:52 PM

Pretty much this

ChumpDumper
08-06-2014, 06:55 PM
It's possible the Toros have his d-league rights anyway, but this is a training camp invite. Unless he blows people away it'll be last season's squad plus Anderson.

Seventyniner
08-06-2014, 07:14 PM

The goods. :toast

howbouthemspurs
08-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Green?!?! There can be only ONE!!!! :ihit

exstatic
08-06-2014, 07:21 PM
I don't know about that. Ayres might, more so due to Mills' injury than his own ineptitude/redundancy, which they'd otherwise probably just stomach.

Ginobili and maybe Anderson are fine as emergency options offensively, but neither can defend the position. Green can, but if (really, when) Ginobili and Parker get injured or they're given the odd game off, then what?

Cory

littlecoyotecoin
08-06-2014, 07:27 PM
You need to work on your sarcasm. This fell as flat as that "Sean Marks didn't play in the NBA" shtick in the Becky Hammon thread.

I enjoyed it :)

TD 21
08-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Cory

Will be the primary backup. I'm talking about third PG.

exstatic
08-06-2014, 07:46 PM

Doesn't matter. We just need someone off the bench to defend their backup. Cory does that.

Spurs will NOT cut a million dollar (or more) guaranteed deal for a 3rd PG. They have a starter, who will be MUCH fresher this year, and a backup that can both defend the position, along with Green. They will also have Manu, Beli, and KA to run plays.

They really only have to survive Nov, Dec, and Jan until Patty is back.

DrunkTXLabrat
08-06-2014, 10:18 PM

FOR REAL!!! WTF? I think coin had to be joking.

DrunkTXLabrat
08-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Green was absolutely legit in SL. Either Ayers is on the chopping block or Pop and RC are fucking stupid.

Cotton wasn't bad, but Green was legit. Beli can run some minutes at 1 if Parker and Cojo need the relief.

99 Problems
08-06-2014, 10:43 PM
I thought this guy looked ok some time ago. He's been thereabouts with us for a season or two.

benstanfield
08-06-2014, 11:16 PM
He was decent in SL and was definitely playing the hardest out of any Spur.

Bryce Cotton fucking blows though. Neither of these guys will suit up in the RS imo.

cd021
08-07-2014, 12:34 AM

Howard, Gasol, Pekovic. Its not like the 90's. There really aren't that many of them left.

Floyd Pacquiao
08-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Zero shot he makes the team, zero shot.....

cd021
08-07-2014, 01:44 AM

Green has played plenty of Small Forward in his time with the Spurs. Acording to basketball refence he played SF 31 % of the time and 38% in the postseason.

BillMc
08-07-2014, 01:45 AM
Green?!?! There can be only ONE!!!! :ihit

:lol

ElNono
08-07-2014, 02:48 AM

Corey will burn minutes until Patty comes back, plus Beli will fill in if necessary... it's not like what we run is super complicated.

kobyz
08-07-2014, 02:55 AM
Seems like a good hustle player, go get the ball type player, but not getting in other teammat way like Blair...

Venti Quattro
08-07-2014, 03:05 AM
:lmao what a truly black name

exstatic
08-07-2014, 03:50 AM
Green has played plenty of Small Forward in his time with the Spurs. Acording to basketball refence he played SF 31 % of the time and 38% in the postseason.

JaMychal, not Danny.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-07-2014, 03:54 AM
Corey will burn minutes until Patty comes back, plus Beli will fill in if necessary... it's not like what we run is super complicated.

Is there a more complex offense in the NBA? Its the age of isoball and mindless high pnr. we include pnr looks while running a set whereas most teams only run a pnr.

exstatic
08-07-2014, 03:59 AM
Is there a more complex offense in the NBA? Its the age of isoball and mindless high pnr. we include pnr looks while running a set whereas most teams only run a pnr.

This will also be Cory's 4th year. The Spurs keep picking up his options, so me must be doing something right.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-07-2014, 04:04 AM
This will also be Cory's 4th year. The Spurs keep picking up his options, so me must be doing something right.

Cory is fine. He is a competent player and is entering the time when most PGs really blossom.

Holden_Caulfield
08-07-2014, 04:25 AM
welcome to the toros

ChumpDumper
08-07-2014, 06:17 AM
welcome to the toros"Welcome back" you mean.

TD 21
08-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Doesn't matter. We just need someone off the bench to defend their backup. Cory does that.

Spurs will NOT cut a million dollar (or more) guaranteed deal for a 3rd PG. They have a starter, who will be MUCH fresher this year, and a backup that can both defend the position, along with Green. They will also have Manu, Beli, and KA to run plays.

They really only have to survive Nov, Dec, and Jan until Patty is back.

Right and when at least some of the scenarios I alluded to unfold, then what? Play Joseph 48 minutes?

I'm not saying they will, just that it shouldn't be ruled out. They should though, for balance/flexibility purposes. Four centers and seven bigs is completely unnecessary. This team has more than enough financial flexibility that the relatively minimal cost shouldn't matter and likely won't or at least will be secondary to them not wanting to swallow their pride.

Belinelli can't play PG. It's not an "if", it's a when necessary. Even in the unlikely event both Parker and Ginobili avoid injury until Mills returns, there's going to be the odd game Pop wants to rest the big three.

ChumpDumper
08-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Well if they are resting the big three, it matters a lot less who plays PG. Since it's more or less a thrown game, that would be an ideal time to give Anderson the reins in whichever position he's playing.

littlecoyotecoin
08-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Right and when at least some of the scenarios I alluded to unfold, then what? Play Joseph 48 minutes?

I'm not saying they will, just that it shouldn't be ruled out. They should though, for balance/flexibility purposes. Four centers and seven bigs is completely unnecessary. This team has more than enough financial flexibility that the relatively minimal cost shouldn't matter and likely won't or at least will be secondary to them not wanting to swallow their pride.

Belinelli can't play PG. It's not an "if", it's a when necessary. Even in the unlikely event both Parker and Ginobili avoid injury until Mills returns, there's going to be the odd game Pop wants to rest the big three.

Herein lies the rub. You've summed it up pretty well. We will have to have stellar health from Parker and Cojo for the first few months of the season. Ginobili probably won't be available right away, and even if so, he's not good for many minutes, even when healthy he only averaged 18 mpg last season, I think? It will be be very interesting to see how the early season progresses.

TD 21
08-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Well if they are resting the big three, it matters a lot less who plays PG. Since it's more or less a thrown game, that would be an ideal time to give Anderson the reins in whichever position he's playing.

Fair enough. It's not a big deal, but having a third healthy PG around would be of more use than a fourth center/seventh big.

That should matter more than a relatively small amount of money to a team well under the tax, that's coming off of 13 home playoff dates and a championship.

Herein lies the rub. You've summed it up pretty well. We will have to have stellar health from Parker and Cojo for the first few months of the season. Ginobili probably won't be available right away, and even if so, he's not good for many minutes, even when healthy he only averaged 18 mpg last season, I think? It will be be very interesting to see how the early season progresses.

"We" will? How would you know? They could easily get injured at any time.

Actually, barring a setback, Ginobili will be available right away and he played 22.8 mpg last season. In the event he suffers a setback and can't go for at least a few weeks, I would think at that point there would be a strong chance of them waiving Ayres.

ChumpDumper
08-07-2014, 08:15 PM
Fair enough. It's not a big deal, but having a third healthy PG around would be of more use than a fourth center/seventh big.

That should matter more than a relatively small amount of money to a team well under the tax, that's coming off of 13 home playoff dates and a championship.So when Mills comes back they'd have four healthy point guards plus two or three other guys who can run the offense.

Is that really practical?

TD 21
08-07-2014, 08:21 PM
So when Mills comes back they'd have four healthy point guards plus two or three other guys who can run the offense.

No. Who said anything about a guaranteed contract? Bring someone(s) in to compete with Cotton for the third spot for the time being, waive them by January the 10th to avoid guaranteeing them for the season, then sign them to two ten days. At that point, they'd be in the neighborhood of Mills' return, barring a setback.

ChumpDumper
08-07-2014, 08:23 PM
No. Who said anything about a guaranteed contract? Bring someone(s) in to compete with Cotton for the third spot for the time being, waive them by January the 10th to avoid guaranteeing them for the season, then sign them to two ten days. At that point, they'd be in the neighborhood of Mills' return, barring a setback.If the new guy isn't worth keeping, why bother when Manu, Anderson and Diaw are right there already?

If Parker or Joseph is going to be out for a month, maybe this would happen. If shorter, it's much more likely the Spurs just muddle through.

TD 21
08-07-2014, 08:31 PM
If the new guy isn't worth keeping, why bother when Manu, Anderson and Diaw are right there already?

If Parker or Joseph is going to be out for a month, maybe this would happen. If shorter, it's much more likely the Spurs just muddle through.

:lol So now Diaw can play PG. I love how anyone who can somewhat handle can automatically play PG and zero thought is given to defending the position.

I already explained the scenarios it would make sense to have a third healthy PG around for and conceded it's more likely that they retain Ayres.

I know you've missed having me around, but I'm not going to play this game with you.

littlecoyotecoin
08-07-2014, 08:33 PM

That should matter more than a relatively small amount of money to a team well under the tax, that's coming off of 13 home playoff dates and a championship.

"We" will? How would you know? They could easily get injured at any time.

Actually, barring a setback, Ginobili will be available right away and he played 22.8 mpg last season. In the event he suffers a setback and can't go for at least a few weeks, I would think at that point there would be a strong chance of them waiving Ayres.

Yes. We will. In order to survive the lack of depth. Calm down. I'm agreeing with you.

ChumpDumper
08-07-2014, 08:34 PM
:lol So now Diaw can play PG. I love how anyone who can somewhat handle can automatically play PG and zero thought is given to defending the position.

I already explained the scenarios it would make sense to have a third healthy PG around for and conceded it's more likely that they retain Ayres.

I know you've missed having me around, but I'm not going to play this game with you.I never said Diaw or Anderson would play PG.

I clearly stated this earlier.

So when Mills comes back they'd have four healthy point guards plus two or three other guys who can run the offense.

Is that really practical?You know who those three guys are, and they don't play PG.

Don't be disingenuous just because you have it in for a Spur player you don't like.

littlecoyotecoin
08-07-2014, 08:39 PM

Yeah, that is the problem. That's what makes it so interesting to see how they handle the situation. Stand pat, or are they forced to do something more drastic.

TD 21
08-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Yes. We will. In order to survive the lack of depth. Calm down. I'm agreeing with you.

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen on this board, which is saying something. No one can say with any certainty that any player will be healthy.

What in that post gave you the impression that I was anything but calm?

I never said Diaw or Anderson would play PG.

I clearly stated this earlier.

You know who those three guys are, and they don't play PG.

Don't be disingenuous just because you have it in for a Spur player you don't like.

Right and which of them can defend the position again?

I don't have it in for Ayres. In fact, I said yesterday that, though I'd lean towards Baynes over him, I'm mostly indifferent between the two; they're just redundant. If Mills is healthy, this is all moot.

ChumpDumper
08-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Right and which of them can defend the position again?Not PG, which is why they would not play PG.

I don't have it in for Ayres. In fact, I said yesterday that, though I'd lean towards Baynes over him, I'm mostly indifferent between the two, they're just redundant. If Mills is healthy, this is all moot.If Parker and Joseph are healthy, it's all moot.

littlecoyotecoin
08-07-2014, 08:47 PM
Also, it might be a little presumptive to assume Manu won't have complications. From all I have seen, heard, read, and know, this is no slam dunk.

littlecoyotecoin
08-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Not PG, which is why they would not play PG.

If Parker and Joseph are healthy, it's all moot.

Agreed, but Parker hasn't exactly been Mr. Reliable in the health department, ankle, shin contusion, back injury, hamstrings, etc. I would definitely be more shocked if he makes it through the first three months uninjured than I would be if he got injured. It is par for the course for him at this point. He drives hard to the basket, and he's on the wrong side of 30.

His taking the summer off may help, but it's no guarantee.

ChumpDumper
08-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Agreed, but Parker hasn't exactly been Mr. Reliable in the health department, ankle, shin contusion, back injury, hamstrings, etc. I would definitely be more shocked if he makes it through the first three months uninjured than I would be if he got injured. It is par for the course for him at this point. He drives hard to the basket, and he's on the wrong side of 30.

His taking the summer off may help, but it's no guarantee.Eh, he misses about 15-20 games per season for whatever reason. If it's all at once before Patty gets back, we can panic.

littlecoyotecoin
08-07-2014, 09:09 PM
That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen on this board, which is saying something. No one can say with any certainty that any player will be healthy.

What in that post gave you the impression that I was anything but calm?

Right and which of them can defend the position again?

I don't have it in for Ayres. In fact, I said yesterday that, though I'd lean towards Baynes over him, I'm mostly indifferent between the two; they're just redundant. If Mills is healthy, this is all moot.

I don't know, maybe use of hyperbole is another hint that you're being a little emotional. And you're going off on someone that was essentially agreeing with you? And, I never said anything about certainties. You're reaching.

littlecoyotecoin
08-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Eh, he misses about 15-20 games per season for whatever reason. If it's all at once before Patty gets back, we can panic.

That would be the unfortunate scenario. At this point, we're good. You're right. Not panic time. But, it will make the beginning of the season a little more interesting, at least to me, to see how we handle the thin guard spot.

littlecoyotecoin
08-07-2014, 09:16 PM
"Ginobili and maybe Anderson are fine as emergency options offensively, but neither can defend the position. Green can, but if (really, when) Ginobili and Parker get injured or they're given the odd game off, then what?"

-TD 21

I thought we were sort of on the same page, here.

FireMicoHalili
08-07-2014, 11:31 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/7d2c51b697eb28b62778e8acfc6d33f1/tumblr_mmm6dhfZT81ri2404o2_250.gif

ElNono
08-08-2014, 12:22 AM

It's motion offense with a heavy dose of PnR. Team Argentina was running this back in 2004. There's some twists and plays here and there, but it's nothing new.

Beautiful and extremely effective when you have the right personnel. The Spurs are basically bringing everyone back, I can't think any of those guys (Beli, Corey, etc) don't know how to run it.

We're just a bit more pnr and iso heavy when we're playing the 'stars' (TD, TP, Manu).

ElNono
08-08-2014, 12:28 AM

Sure he can. We're talking about the 3rd string PG during the regular season. Those are minutes to burn. I mean, it's "bring the ball up, pass it to the center in the middle, run to the other corner".

ElNono
08-08-2014, 12:43 AM
We won 19 games in a row with Beli's putrid defense, and Tony certainly had a down year on that side of the court too. I'm not really concerned with the 2nd/3rd string PG defense, especially during the regular season, where you see all kinds of crappy teams.

Would it be nice to have stout defensive players at every position and depth level? Sure. But that's a pipe dream.

The Spurs will just have to weather the storm until Patty comes back. If there's some sort of extended injury, they might waive Daye to make room and bring somebody in.

venitian navigator
08-08-2014, 04:35 AM
Mills is not a pg...he's a small guard whose main weapon , in our team, is fast shooting (EXPECIALLY FROM THREE).
No one in our team has the same skills....with the Cotton signing we are basically trying to substitute the some kind of player, at least in the short time or in training camp time, just to see if Cotton has enough to come in an do the same things mills did.
We'll see the outcome, but let's not forget that Cotton is the main suspect to be let go if and when (bit it's highly possible) Baynes is re-signed.
Imho, we Should treat the Mills's injury as a potential blessing in desguise aka an event that give us the opportunity to explore the KA PG experiment...the fact is that KA obviously doesn't have the same skills of Mills (just think how fast he is) but at the same time he's so talented that can really give us a different dimension, if all works out. And in a championship caliober team coming out from a winning it all season, I think that's the best you can ask for...

TheCerebral1
08-08-2014, 05:47 AM
Green doesn't seem that special at all. But then again we're talking about a filler forward I suppose.

TheCerebral1
08-08-2014, 05:48 AM
How did Deshaun Thomas look in Summer league action?

TD 21
08-09-2014, 05:51 PM
I don't know, maybe use of hyperbole is another hint that you're being a little emotional. And you're going off on someone that was essentially agreeing with you? And, I never said anything about certainties. You're reaching.

So now you get to determine what I think is the dumbest thing I've ever seen written on this board?

Sure he can. We're talking about the 3rd string PG during the regular season. Those are minutes to burn. I mean, it's "bring the ball up, pass it to the center in the middle, run to the other corner".

He couldn't deal with any semblance of pressure, nor defend the position.

Like I said, it's not a major issue for the time being, nor is it likely to be addressed, but you can't tell me it doesn't make more sense to have a third healthy PG than a fourth C/seventh big.

ElNono
08-09-2014, 06:11 PM
He couldn't deal with any semblance of pressure, nor defend the position.

Like I said, it's not a major issue for the time being, nor is it likely to be addressed, but you can't tell me it doesn't make more sense to have a third healthy PG than a fourth C/seventh big.

He struggled in the playoffs once teams locked in on the scouting report and it was clear he would be a weak link (smart teams anyways, he was fine against the Blazers).

During the regular season he was fine.

We're talking tail end of the bench here, like you said, not going to worry about that. We're already far and away the deepest team in the league.

benefactor
08-09-2014, 06:19 PM
TD 21 with the "I enjoy arguing about a bunch of shit that doesn't matter" bads per par. You calling anyone dumb is beyond hilarious.

TD 21
08-09-2014, 06:38 PM
He struggled in the playoffs once teams locked in on the scouting report and it was clear he would be a weak link (smart teams anyways, he was fine against the Blazers).

During the regular season he was fine.

We're talking tail end of the bench here, like you said, not going to worry about that. We're already far and away the deepest team in the league.

I don't mean playoff pressure, I mean any reasonably quick PG would pick him up full court and smother him.

"Tail end" until the inevitable Parker and Ginobili injuries/odd games off for rest.

You know what I'm saying makes sense, you just don't like that it's coming from me.

TD 21 with the "I enjoy arguing about a bunch of shit that doesn't matter" bads per par. You calling anyone dumb is beyond hilarious.

benefactor with the "I enjoy butting my fat ass into conversations I have not been a part of and pretending I'm funny" bads per par. You want beyond hilarious? Try a fat, middle aged guy, with a severe anger problem, who's desperate (yet fails) to look and come off as menacing, on a message board.

benefactor
08-09-2014, 06:52 PM
You forgot "inbred hick", Michelle.

SanDiegoSpursFan
08-09-2014, 07:47 PM
He looked alright. Lots of his shots went in and out, especially his shots near the basket, which deflated his percentages.

exstatic
08-09-2014, 08:11 PM

There is no position he can defend. If he were maybe 3 inches taller, you could run him against bench big, but he's too short and slow to defend anyone. His combine numbers were worse than Blair's. I'd pretty much not ever count on him being a Spur. Like Gist, at some point he will likely demand his tender, come to camp and get cut.

ElNono
08-09-2014, 08:24 PM
I don't mean playoff pressure, I mean any reasonably quick PG would pick him up full court and smother him.

"Tail end" until the inevitable Parker and Ginobili injuries/odd games off for rest.

You know what I'm saying makes sense, you just don't like that it's coming from me.

Beli has great handles, I really don't get what you're fretting about. The only thing that might be concerning is his defense, but, as I pointed out earlier, it really doesn't matter against 75% of the league.

Also, don't take it personal... you're not the first or last I'll disagree with... it's all good as far as I'm concerned, I know everyone has their opinion...

TD 21
08-09-2014, 08:33 PM
Beli has great handles, I really don't get what you're fretting about. The only thing that might be concerning is his defense, but, as I pointed out earlier, it really doesn't matter against 75% of the league.

Also, don't take it personal... you're not the first or last I'll disagree with... it's all good as far as I'm concerned, I know everyone has their opinion...

I go away for a few hours, come back and find that you replied one minute ago. What are the odds?

Anyway, he has a mediocre handle and can't play PG. I'm not really "fretting" about anything really. All I said was, I'd prefer a third healthy PG/the flexibility of a non guaranteed contract over a fourth C/seventh big. I conceded it was a minor issue and unlikely to happen though . . . then the usual band of apologists and idiots that pollute this board proceeded to make a mountain out of a molehill.

littlecoyotecoin
08-09-2014, 08:44 PM
So now you get to determine what I think is the dumbest thing I've ever seen written on this

I would never suggest you can't think whatever you wish is dumb. But, when someone agrees with you and you think that's the dumbest thing you've ever heard, you might want to step back for a minute and scratch your chin.

ElNono
08-10-2014, 01:16 AM
I go away for a few hours, come back and find that you replied one minute ago. What are the odds?

Anyway, he has a mediocre handle and can't play PG. I'm not really "fretting" about anything really. All I said was, I'd prefer a third healthy PG/the flexibility of a non guaranteed contract over a fourth C/seventh big. I conceded it was a minor issue and unlikely to happen though . . . then the usual band of apologists and idiots that pollute this board proceeded to make a mountain out of a molehill.

With Tiago, Boris and Baynes all playing in the Worlds this summer, the coaching staff might be thinking they'll need some extra rest. Duncan will also probably avoid back to backs. Both Gino and Tony won't play, so while they'll also get their customary rest here or there, it's easier for Pop to run run them a little longer the first 3 months while we wait for Patty. Just speculating here, obviously, but that would be one rationale.