PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Love officially traded to Cavs, will reportedly sign long term deal

Cry Havoc
08-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Via Woj.

The Batman
08-07-2014, 09:20 AM
can't be officially traded til Aug 23. Deal is agreed to. Also already a thread on this.

Cry Havoc
08-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Lets all post on this thread

:lol Damn you, beat me by seconds. :lol

Banzai
08-07-2014, 09:29 AM
So the question now is..how much better does this trade make Cleveland?

Cry Havoc
08-07-2014, 09:44 AM

Considerably. From ECF dogs to the Bulls to perhaps favorites to win the title. Love is underrated by a lot of basketball fans. I think Cleveland is going to have a monster team.

Great deal for the TWolves, though. They got more than they could have dreamed, and now have pieces to build around for the next decade.

The Batman
08-07-2014, 09:46 AM
That was pretty shitty of Cleveland to force Wiggins to do all those interviews in a Cavs uniform when they knew they were trading him

StrengthAndHonor
08-07-2014, 09:58 AM
A lot better for sure. Long term? if Lebron leaves....

DJR210
08-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Considerably. From ECF dogs to the Bulls to perhaps favorites to win the title. Love is underrated by a lot of basketball fans. I think Cleveland is going to have a monster team.

Great deal for the TWolves, though. They got more than they could have dreamed, and now have pieces to build around for the next decade.

Awww c'mon, don't do that.

Cry Havoc
08-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Awww c'mon, don't do that.

Anything to prevent the media from labeling us the favorites. Gotta keep a low profile. :lol

Blue font needed.

Cry Havoc
08-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Love's contract is 5 years 120 millions. Damn. :wow

mavsfan1000
08-07-2014, 10:32 AM
That was pretty shitty of Cleveland to force Wiggins to do all those interviews in a Cavs uniform when they knew they were trading him
Yeah fuck that organization. Should've kept Wiggins. Now they slow motion no D Kevin Love.

Indazone
08-07-2014, 10:43 AM
damn, instant powerhouse

mavsfan1000
08-07-2014, 06:07 PM
damn, instant powerhouse
Yep Minnesota looking pretty good now. But not quite a powerhouse. Maybe in a couple years.

baseline bum
08-07-2014, 06:48 PM
A lot better for sure. Long term? if Lebron leaves....

Long term? It's not like Love is 33.

DAF86
08-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Will Kevin Martin beincluded. If so, is he the starting SG. Who else do the Cavs have to play alongside Lebron on the wing?

DAF86
08-07-2014, 08:09 PM
Oh, Waiters. He should do just fine offensively. How is he on the defensive end? tbh.

~O~
08-07-2014, 08:09 PM
Kevin Love is considerably young. We'll see where it takes him

rogues
08-07-2014, 08:11 PM
:lmao People already overrating Cleveland. Sure Lebron will make them a East powerhouse but the championship is decided between OKC/San Antonio..

ambchang
08-08-2014, 06:37 AM
2015 cavs vs 2012 heat:

Lebron is older and less dominant. Heat
Irving is overrated but most definitely better than Chalmers and cole. Defense though .... Cavs
Wade is about a billion times better than waiters. Heat
Love is better than bosh, but not by as much as people think. Cavs
A healthy varaejo will be better than anything Miami ever put at center. Cavs
Allen, battler and miller are better than anything cavs have to offer. Heat
New coach vs underrated coach. Pretty much a wash.

On paper, the cavs are at least comparable to the most dominant version of the heat. In actuality though, defense and bball iq seems to be two huge issues with the current cavs. Not to mention Irving is absolutely useless without the ball and Lebron will get the ball.

Cavs have great talent on paper, but are missing components to make it verses talented playoff teams. Varaejo will be the X factor. Keep him healthy for the playoffs and the cavs can challenge for a title. If he's not 100% the cavs won't win it all.

TDMVPDPOY
08-08-2014, 08:12 AM
:lmao People already overrating Cleveland. Sure Lebron will make them a East powerhouse but the championship is decided between OKC/San Antonio..

lol okc? really? there window has close, actually it never open in the first place

Spurs9
08-08-2014, 08:14 AM
:lol 3 max contracts
:cry Wiggins

Cry Havoc
08-08-2014, 10:57 AM
2015 cavs vs 2012 heat:

Lebron is older and less dominant. Heat
Irving is overrated but most definitely better than Chalmers and cole. Defense though .... Cavs
Wade is about a billion times better than waiters. Heat
Love is better than bosh, but not by as much as people think. Cavs
A healthy varaejo will be better than anything Miami ever put at center. Cavs
Allen, battler and miller are better than anything cavs have to offer. Heat
New coach vs underrated coach. Pretty much a wash.

On paper, the cavs are at least comparable to the most dominant version of the heat. In actuality though, defense and bball iq seems to be two huge issues with the current cavs. Not to mention Irving is absolutely useless without the ball and Lebron will get the ball.

Cavs have great talent on paper, but are missing components to make it verses talented playoff teams. Varaejo will be the X factor. Keep him healthy for the playoffs and the cavs can challenge for a title. If he's not 100% the cavs won't win it all.

I think Love is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Bosh on offense, and only slightly worse on defense. Plus, he can legitimately spread the floor, something Bosh only tried to do.

Dex
08-08-2014, 11:19 AM
3svPkthjWcM&sns

Josepatches_
08-08-2014, 11:34 AM
And Love can rebound while Bosh......... Big difference.

Cry Havoc
08-08-2014, 11:41 AM
And Love can rebound while Bosh......... Big difference.

Exactly. You can't tell me a subpar rebounding big is great at defense. It makes no sense. No rebound = no change of possession.

spurraider21
08-08-2014, 01:00 PM
bosh was nearly perfect for what they wanted defensively. great athlete, was able to fly around and cover significant space. very good pick and roll defender. love is immobile.

bosh is a PF that was forced to play C and he still did well. if miami had a varejao that allowed bosh to play the 4 he would have looked even better.

mavsfan1000
08-08-2014, 02:43 PM
bosh was nearly perfect for what they wanted defensively. great athlete, was able to fly around and cover significant space. very good pick and roll defender. love is immobile.

bosh is a PF that was forced to play C and he still did well. if miami had a varejao that allowed bosh to play the 4 he would have looked even better.
Except Lebron needed spacing to be better. Wade can't hit 3's. Not a good fit. Gotta get as many good catch and shoot 3 point shooters as you can around Lebron. Thus why Lewis or Battier started with Bosh going to center.

ambchang
08-08-2014, 02:48 PM
I think Love is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Bosh on offense, and only slightly worse on defense. Plus, he can legitimately spread the floor, something Bosh only tried to do.

Not sure about significantly I offense. Bosh was great with the raptors as the #1. Love will play the #2 option with the cavs and yes his outside shot is way better, but bosh was pretty damn good in his days (and possible next season as the #1) again.

In terms of defense, bosh is just a quicker more mobile and versatile defender. I think he's significantly better than love.

mavsfan1000
08-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Not sure about significantly I offense. Bosh was great with the raptors as the #1. Love will play the #2 option with the cavs and yes his outside shot is way better, but bosh was pretty damn good in his days (and possible next season as the #1) again.

In terms of defense, bosh is just a quicker more mobile and versatile defender. I think he's significantly better than love.
Yep. Love is about as poor defensively as you get.

Muser
08-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Exactly. You can't tell me a subpar rebounding big is great at defense. It makes no sense. No rebound = no change of possession.

He averaged 10 rebounds a game with the Raptors, that's hardly subpar. Playing with LeBron James is obviously going to affect your rebound totals too, so I think that's harsh.

mavsfan1000
08-08-2014, 03:05 PM
He averaged 10 rebounds a game with the Raptors, that's hardly subpar. Playing with LeBron James is obviously going to affect your rebound totals too, so I think that's harsh.
Yep he went from a low post player to a 3 point shooter with Lebron. The most important things to do with Lebron is hit 3's and play great defense.

Muser
08-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Chris Bosh is seriously underrated on Defense. I'm not saying he's the second coming of Mutombo but he's a good interior defender and a decent shot blocker/alterer (Spurs fans should know this more than anyone after the 2013 finals)

Kevin Love on the other hand is fucking trash on D, he's not athletic and at times just doesn't give a shit. On offense it's pretty much a wash although Love is a better 3 point shooter.

BatManu20
08-09-2014, 12:32 AM

NRHector
08-09-2014, 01:42 AM
I don't believe it, Koolaids man said Love was going to the Lakers and he is going to the Lakers damn it

Clipper Nation
08-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Here’s what we know about Kevin Love: His beard is awesome. His uncle was a Beach Boy. He grabs a lot of rebounds and can shoot the ball well. Other than that, we’re not really sure what we’re getting. Let’s see if he can play ONE playoff game first before we start calling him a top 3 power forward in the game. Not only has he never made the playoffs, but he’s never even gotten CLOSE to them. His win totals: 24, 15, 17, 26 (lockout 66-game season), 31, and 40. In Love’s career arc, finishing one game under .500 last season actually feels like an accomplishment. Forget playoff experience, Love hasn’t even played a truly meaningful NBA game after the all-star break.

I’m not one to put every egg in the “What have you done in the playoffs?” basket, but it’s still relevant. We’ve seen players struggle in the one-and-done rut year after year. Garnett, T-Mac, Melo. This is another level.

Can you think of another player in NBA history that was considered a top 10-15 guy in the league after 5+ seasons but never made the playoffs? There isn’t one.

What does it say that Love occupies this unique place in modern NBA history approached by none over the last 20-30 years? It might mean that Love’s career is simply a cosmically unmatchable event of the rarest kind: the first great player in modern NBA history to wallow in uniquely terrible circumstances for 6 straight years. Or it might mean that he actually isn’t a top 10-15 player.

Love’s supporters make the case that 25 and 15 a night is still the same whether you win or not. Obviously, this is ridiculous. The entire point of the game is to win, and frequently we see players making the decision to play a style that may not rack up stats the same in order to put their team in a better position to win (see Bosh, Duncan, Noah, LeBron). Changes are made for the greater good. This is how teams and stars coevolve in the NBA. And while Love’s Win Shares are great, and that calculates a player’s individual contribution to a win, it fails to quantify a player’s ability to enable his teammates to contribute towards wins. This is the scale all great players are judged on.

The popular narrative is that Kevin Love simply had terrible teammates. This is true, though when we think of top NBA players we usually expect them to have some positive impact on their teammates. Why is it that so many of his teammates wind up worse than they were projected to be? Take Ramon Sessions, who’s Player Efficiency Rating (PER) pre-Minnesota was 17.6, followed by a paltry 12.9 as Love’s teammate. What happened the very next season after a trade to the Bobcats? Back up to a 19.0.

This is not an anomaly. Minnesota’s last six years are littered with players whose efficiency took a dive when playing along Love, most notably but not confined to Chase Budinger (14.9, 9.7), Michael Beasley (16.1, 13.0)and Al Jefferson (23.1, 19.0). There’s an even longer list of players who saw an increase in production upon leaving the Wolves, guys like Wayne Ellington (9.4, 12.2), Kousta Koufos (10.4, 20.3), Cory Brewer (10.3 to 17.6), Martell Webster (10.0, 13.9), Wesley Johnson (8.0, 10.3 and 11.0 after he left) and Derrick Williams (7.6, 11.9).

Is there a reason that Barrea hasn’t really been the impact in Minnesota that many thought he could be after playing a key role in Dallas’ 2011 Championship? Is it a coincidence that ultra-talented Ricky Rubio plateaued so early on in his NBA career (PER of 14.6, 16.2, 15.4). Why did Alexey Shved look so much more promising when Love was sitting on the bench with an injury? Why did Kevin Martin just have one of his worst shooting seasons on his career? Why was Shabazz Muhammad nowhere near as effective an offensive player has scouts pegged him to be? Yes I’m picking nits, but in six years you won’t find ONE perimeter oriented player who either improved as Love’s teammate or diminished upon leaving the team. Not one.

I’m not saying Love isn’t a very talented player, but maybe if he was a top ten guy then sometime in the last 6 years SOMEONE would have benefited to play on his team and he might have won half of his games at least once.

Love’s inability to coevolve around the team is further exposed at the end of close games. Last year the Wolves went 7-14 in games decided by 5 points or less and OT because it’s not a secret around the league: Love is relatively easy to manage at the end of games. Because he doesn’t have a quick first step, defenders can play him tight at the 3 point line. His post game is easy to muddle up with two defenders and he hasn’t evolved into a threat from 16–23 feet like most closers in the league.
https://medium.com/ten-pens/the-kevin-love-problem-e08496464659

Love's nutlickers on here need to :downspin: all these truthbombs :lol

Mugen
08-09-2014, 09:07 AM
:lol Not even a huge Love fan, but things are gonna be a lot different when you go from playing with Ricky Rubio to LeBron James tbh.

mavsfan1000
08-09-2014, 10:54 AM
NBA would do the Cavs a favor if they block. The Cavs will be quicker and have more financial flexability without Love.

spurraider21
08-09-2014, 11:06 AM
:lol wiggins if they league vetoes the deal

mavsfan1000
08-09-2014, 11:10 AM
:lol wiggins if they league vetoes the deal
More like :lol Love.

spurraider21
08-09-2014, 11:42 AM
More like :lol Love.
i mean in the sense that wiggins was reportedly upset with doing all those interviews in a cavs uni because they :cry didn't want him

Chinook
08-09-2014, 12:21 PM
i mean in the sense that wiggins was reportedly upset with doing all those interviews in a cavs uni because they :cry didn't want him

Yeah, but he'd be staying out of Minnesota. He can always be dealt for someone else (since the Cavs would obviously try to make another trade if they can't get Love), but you don't always get saved from having your career ruined by Flip Saunders.