PDA

View Full Version : K-Benjamin is gonna be big time..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Really excited about this guy. Day 11 into training camp and has yet to drop a pass. I think he is going to be a stud. A very big, fast receiver, that has little weakness (route running, inexperience). He also has the biggest hands I've ever seen.

Of course the numbers aren't going to be big; Carolina plays very conservative, milking the clock and taking 7 minute possessions, but I think this guy will make an immediate impact.

We will see how he looks tomorrow @ Buffalo.

Edit: In other news, Jonathan Stewart is injured, again :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

spurraider21
08-07-2014, 01:10 PM
I actually liked him a lot coming out. I just didn't think he's a first based on how raw he is. I think it would be intriguing to have him bulk up and become a tight end.

Im in just not expecting big things from him in year 1 outside the red zone

MeloHype
08-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Kelvin Benjamin is a slow fat ass who has no hands. You might as well make Cam Newton throw the ball to himself

DD
08-07-2014, 04:18 PM
If only he had a QB

Infinite_limit
08-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Surprised Stewart is still on the Panthers. It's so easy to find RBs in the Draft

Avante
08-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Benjamin runs on that FSU 4x1 team, he is a 10.50 sprinter which is pretty good for a guy his size. But....his 40 times tell me he is one of those with more "speed endurance"*** than a real burst.

He's a stud as we will see.

*** all sprinters are fast but it;s those who can sustain/maintain a higher % of max velocity who really excell. Benjamin will be more of a Randy Moss type than a Wes Welker....obviously.

spurraider21
08-07-2014, 05:09 PM
its pretty rare for wide receivers to really have great seasons year 1... and thats even from elite prospects, let alone somebody like benjamin

Avante
08-07-2014, 05:10 PM
its pretty rare for wide receivers to really have great seasons year 1... and thats even from elite prospects, let alone somebody like benjamin

No not really.

Clipper Nation
08-07-2014, 08:22 PM
If only he had a QB
They have one.... unfortunately, Derek Anderson is backing up Cum Newton due to media hype and Cum's draft position....

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 02:06 AM
dude is gonna be the biggest bust in this years WR class

Avante
08-08-2014, 02:19 AM
dude is gonna be the biggest bust in this years WR class

You don't even know who the guy is and it's obvious.

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 02:21 AM
You don't even know who the guy is and it's obvious.
tell me how its obvious

Avante
08-08-2014, 02:24 AM
tell me how its obvious

It's when you can;t go into any logical reasons as to why he''ll be a bust. You have no clue about anything having to do with him. It's just...."how negative can I be"...which is all you ever do.

Ok man, go into detail about why a guy taken with the first pick will be a bust, go ahead elaborate.

So this is all wrong, right?

Draft ProjectionRound 1 Bottom LineA tight end-sized, intimidating, big-play receiver with a rare wingspan, Benjamin has the overall strength, length and wide catching radius that will demand extra coverage be rolled his way. Showed continual improvement, is still growing into the position, and possesses the traits to become a legitimate No. 1 receiver. A very intriguing mismatch weapon with ascending talent.

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 02:31 AM
It's when you can;t go into any logical reasons as to why he''ll be a bust. You have no clue about anything having to do with him. It's just...."how negative can I be"...which is all you ever do.

Ok man, go into detail about why a guy taken with the first pick will be a bust, go ahead elaborate.
check the nfl draft thread i went into detail about some of the top wr prospects in this years draft class...

Avante
08-08-2014, 02:33 AM
check the nfl draft thread i went into detail about some of the top wr prospects in this years draft class...

I think I'll go with those who actually know this stuff like...
Draft ProjectionRound 1 Bottom LineA tight end-sized, intimidating, big-play receiver with a rare wingspan, Benjamin has the overall strength, length and wide catching radius that will demand extra coverage be rolled his way. Showed continual improvement, is still growing into the position, and possesses the traits to become a legitimate No. 1 receiver. A very intriguing mismatch weapon with ascending talent.

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 02:36 AM
Draft Projection

Round 1 Bottom Line

A tight end-sized, intimidating, big-play receiver with a rare wingspan, Benjamin has the overall strength, length and wide catching radius that will demand extra coverage be rolled his way. Showed continual improvement, is still growing into the position, and possesses the traits to become a legitimate No. 1 receiver. A very intriguing mismatch weapon with ascending talent.

of course you will, youre too stupid to conjure up your own analysis :lol

Avante
08-08-2014, 02:41 AM
of course you will, youre too stupid to conjure up your own analysis :lol

A dumb fuck like you calling someone stupid...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What more can be said about the guy, he's big and has good down the field speed. He made a ton of big plays while at FSU, while he;s not overly quick he finds ways to get open. He does have strong hands and is a load to bring down. The only downside is he lacks a lot of football experience.

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 02:53 AM
A dumb fuck like you calling someone stupid...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What more can be said about the guy, he's big and has good down the field speed. He made a ton of big plays while at FSU, while he;s not overly quick he finds ways to get open. He does have strong hands and is a load to bring down. The only downside is he lacks a lot of football experience.
hes asked to lead the shitfest at wr in carolina with an erratic qb, thats the worst situation a raw, inexperienced wr to be into. especially a rookie one. i think i gave him a third round grade and that was generous.

Avante
08-08-2014, 02:58 AM
A guy who follows the....Jags....hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! actually thinks someone like myself who was into this stuff before there were any Panthers and Jags is going to respect his opinion?

This isn't about erratic QB's, that has nothing to do with anything. Can the kid play and so far everyone but some dummy like you thinks he can.

If ya recall (ya don't) your best receiver ever Jimmy Smith only had 22 catchs his first two seasons and was dumped by Dallas. He was out of Jackson State.,

Oh yeah, Newton completed 61.7 of his passes, Andrew Luck 60.2.

Raven
08-08-2014, 06:08 AM
i'm fairly surprised of the hype, i expect him to be underwhelming tbh.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-08-2014, 11:14 AM
Kelvin Benjamin is a slow fat ass who has no hands. You might as well make Cam Newton throw the ball to himself

:lol do you even watch football bro?
Avante with the goods, tbh..

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 12:25 PM
A guy who follows the....Jags....hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! actually thinks someone like myself who was into this stuff before there were any Panthers and Jags is going to respect his opinion?

This isn't about erratic QB's, that has nothing to do with anything. Can the kid play and so far everyone but some dummy like you thinks he can.

If ya recall (ya don't) your best receiver ever Jimmy Smith only had 22 catchs his first two seasons and was dumped by Dallas. He was out of Jackson State.,

Oh yeah, Newton completed 61.7 of his passes, Andrew Luck 60.2.

lol are you saying newton>luck?? :lol

if you actually watch cum play, you'll realize that hes not a good qb. an erratic qb whos terrible at reading defenses plus a WR who had a really high drop rate with terrible route running skills, this is going to be hilarious. if i remember correctly benjamin had one of the highest drop rate from all the top WR prospects this year :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-08-2014, 12:37 PM

if you actually watch cum play, you'll realize that hes not a good qb. an erratic qb whos terrible at reading defenses plus a WR who had a really high drop rate with terrible route running skills, this is going to be hilarious. if i remember correctly benjamin had one of the highest drop rate from all the top WR prospects this year :lol

pity post

by the by, pretty much none of the above is true.

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 12:40 PM
pity post

by the by, pretty much none of the above is true.
im pretty sure all is very accurate

spurraider21
08-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Draft Projection

Round 1 Bottom Line

A tight end-sized, intimidating, big-play receiver with a rare wingspan, Benjamin has the overall strength, length and wide catching radius that will demand extra coverage be rolled his way. Showed continual improvement, is still growing into the position, and possesses the traits to become a legitimate No. 1 receiver. A very intriguing mismatch weapon with ascending talent.
if you want to look at what "experts" say, you have to look at them all, not cherry pick. as i said earlier, i like benjamin, but im not expecting big things year 1

FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin possesses the most inherent risk amongst WRs and TEs in this year's draft, believes ESPN's Mel Kiper.

Kiper concedes that Benjamin is going to be "a big draw" based on his 6-foot-5, 240-pound frame and athletic ability. "But I think the physical talent outpaces the receiving skills at this point, because Benjamin drops too many passes, lets the ball get into his frame too often and doesn't yet know how to set up and create separation when he's facing good DBs," Kiper wrote. "There's no question the physical talent is there, but he could be overdrafted based on the traits." Players with Benjamin's combination of size, catch point skills, and downfield ability don't come around often, but he'll need to be more consistent in the pros than he was in college to justify a first- or early-second round selection.

NFL Media analyst Charles Davis noted that FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin's weight is a reason why "a number of scouts and personnel people like Evans a lot better."

"Mike Evans and Kelvin Benjamin are, in a lot of ways, the same guy," Davis told 93.7 The Fan. "But, I do know that a number of scouts and personnel people like Evans a lot better really for this reason – he doesn’t weigh over 240 pounds, 240 pound receivers scare the heck out of NFL personnel people because when you do your studies, and you go back and look, name the 240 pound receiver that was – forget All-Pro- that was productive over a period of time. They just really haven’t. He’s not out there."

Florida State's Kelvin Benjamin tied for the No. 7 WR in the class in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's poll of NFL personnel men.

For a player projected by some to go above Marqise Lee (voted No. 5) and by most to go ahead of Jordan Matthews (No. 6), this is a highly disappointing finish. Benjamin shared the No. 7 spot with the rising Cody Latimer and speedster Paul Richardson. The execs were only allowed to vote for five WRs, and Benjamin, a boom-or-bust type, was obviously omitted on most lists. Fortunately for him, it only takes one team to talk itself into his upside. Could it be the Steelers or Eagles in Round 1? It probably won't be this anonymous scout's employer: "He's stiff and lazy. Can't separate. Inconsistent catcher. I don't think he has off the field what it takes to be great on field."

Avante
08-08-2014, 12:42 PM

Well let's see...

Newton career completion %...59.7
Luck...57.0

Now look at how many passes Steve Smith has caught in the Newton era. So what in the hell are you talking about?

But....I have to agree that Benjamin did drop a few at FSU, no argument there. He has that size/speed (not a blazerr but good) combo going for him. And he's sneaky quick.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-08-2014, 12:45 PM
im pretty sure all is very accurate

Better numbers and less weapons than Luck.

If he has better numbers than Luck this year, I want no excuses. Our best receiver is still a rookie, and you have two All-Pro targets.

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 12:46 PM
Well let's see...

Newton career completion %...59.7
Luck...57.0

Now look at how many passes Steve Smith has caught in the Newton era. So what in the hell are you talking about?

But....I have to agree that Benjamin did drop a few at FSU, no argument there. He has that size/speed (not a blazerr but good) combo going for him. And he's sneaky quick.
thats because smith is a polished veteran wr who actually can get seperation and catches the ball...

are you fucking retarded?

Avante
08-08-2014, 12:48 PM
thats because smith is a polished veteran wr who actually can get seperation and catches the ball...

Fucking retarded would be dumping on Newton who has a better com % than Luck. We were talking about Newton not Smith ya dumb fuck.

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Better numbers and less weapons than Luck.

If he has better numbers than Luck this year, I want no excuses. Our best receiver is still a rookie, and you have two All-Pro targets.
playoff wins. luck 1 cum 0 and thats without reggie wayne and with trent richardson :lol while cum had a trio of rbs, steve smith and olsen

luck 1 cum 0

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-08-2014, 12:49 PM

Reggie Wayne ring a bell?

TJ Hilton may be better than Smith was last year too.. as a #2

Avante
08-08-2014, 12:51 PM
if you want to look at what "experts" say, you have to look at them all, not cherry pick. as i said earlier, i like benjamin, but im not expecting big things year 1

FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin possesses the most inherent risk amongst WRs and TEs in this year's draft, believes ESPN's Mel Kiper.

Kiper concedes that Benjamin is going to be "a big draw" based on his 6-foot-5, 240-pound frame and athletic ability. "But I think the physical talent outpaces the receiving skills at this point, because Benjamin drops too many passes, lets the ball get into his frame too often and doesn't yet know how to set up and create separation when he's facing good DBs," Kiper wrote. "There's no question the physical talent is there, but he could be overdrafted based on the traits." Players with Benjamin's combination of size, catch point skills, and downfield ability don't come around often, but he'll need to be more consistent in the pros than he was in college to justify a first- or early-second round selection.

NFL Media analyst Charles Davis noted that FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin's weight is a reason why "a number of scouts and personnel people like Evans a lot better."

"Mike Evans and Kelvin Benjamin are, in a lot of ways, the same guy," Davis told 93.7 The Fan. "But, I do know that a number of scouts and personnel people like Evans a lot better really for this reason – he doesn’t weigh over 240 pounds, 240 pound receivers scare the heck out of NFL personnel people because when you do your studies, and you go back and look, name the 240 pound receiver that was – forget All-Pro- that was productive over a period of time. They just really haven’t. He’s not out there."

Florida State's Kelvin Benjamin tied for the No. 7 WR in the class in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's poll of NFL personnel men.

For a player projected by some to go above Marqise Lee (voted No. 5) and by most to go ahead of Jordan Matthews (No. 6), this is a highly disappointing finish. Benjamin shared the No. 7 spot with the rising Cody Latimer and speedster Paul Richardson. The execs were only allowed to vote for five WRs, and Benjamin, a boom-or-bust type, was obviously omitted on most lists. Fortunately for him, it only takes one team to talk itself into his upside. Could it be the Steelers or Eagles in Round 1? It probably won't be this anonymous scout's employer: "He's stiff and lazy. Can't separate. Inconsistent catcher. I don't think he has off the field what it takes to be great on field."

You have any idea how many rookies Kiper was 100% wrong about? Want me to run down similiar opinions by the guy that were totally wrong?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk2T3FAEkCk

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-08-2014, 12:51 PM
playoff wins. luck 1 cum 0 and thats without reggie wayne and with trent richardson :lol while cum had a trio of rbs, steve smith and olsen

luck 1 cum 0

:lol we played San Fran and he played KC... c'mon now

We also had a bye in a MUCH tougher conference

spurraider21
08-08-2014, 12:52 PM
You have any idea how many rookies Kiper was 100% wrong about? Want me to run down similiar opinions by the guy that were totally wrong?
i'm not a kiper fan. so from that link you posted, the draft projection, lets go back and see how many picks that source was wrong about

Avante
08-08-2014, 12:52 PM

luck 1 cum 0

Trent Dilfer 1-0 in Superbowls
Dan Marino 0-1 in Superbowls

spurraider21
08-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Dilfer had a good run game and legendary defense.

Cam had a good run game and an elite defense.

Marino had to carry his team, much like Luck does

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 12:53 PM
we arent comparing them you dumbfuck :lol

Avante
08-08-2014, 12:54 PM
i'm not a kiper fan. so from that link you posted, the draft projection, lets go back and see how many picks that source was wrong about

Well the brass at Carolina must have seen something to use their first pick.

spurraider21
08-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Well the brass at Carolina must have seen something to use their first pick.
and the brass of oakland saw something in darrius heyward bey. are you implying that a pick was good because the pick was made? lol

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 12:55 PM
:lol we played San Fran and he played KC... c'mon now

We also had a bye in a MUCH tougher conference
:lol so when cum wins hes good? when he loses its because of the conference? come on bro

boil it down for me

Avante
08-08-2014, 12:56 PM
we arent comparing them you dumbfuck :lol

I'll go slow ya fucking dummy...

as I showed you with Dilfer/Marino there is more to this than just QB play.

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 12:59 PM
I'll go slow ya fucking dummy...

as I showed you with Dilfer/Marino there is more to this than just QB play.

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a rookie inexperienced wr who had a high drop rate and drops easy passes with terrible route running skills who they will put as the #1 wr with a qb who cant read defenses and very inconsistent with his ball placement pretty much translates to high bust rate

Avante
08-08-2014, 12:59 PM
and the brass of oakland saw something in darrius heyward bey. are you implying that a pick was good because the pick was made? lol

Are you telling me you don't understand what pro teams look at in receivers? Hell yes you take Bey high.

Avante
08-08-2014, 01:03 PM
a rookie inexperienced wr who had a high drop rate and drops easy passes with terrible route running skills who they will put as the #1 wr with a qb who cant read defenses and very inconsistent with his ball placement pretty much translates to high bust rate

First off you are over doing everything, being way too dramatic. The kid doesn't do anything...terrible....ok? And it's not a "high" drop rate. And....if Newton can't read defense what's he doing in the pro bowl and out stating Luck?

How about cooling the dramatics and get things right, ok?

Check it out.

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 01:07 PM
First off you are over doing everything, being way too dramatic. The kid doesn't do anything...terrible....ok? And it's not a "high" drop rate. And....if Newton can't read defense what's he doing in the pro bowl and out stating Luck?

How about cooling the dramatics and get things right, ok?

Check it out.

His drop rate percentage is close to the 11% mark, and he average at least 1 huge drop a game. The main reason he drops them though is because he usually will lose focus and try to turn up field. That can be broke though by receiver coach Ricky Proehl. How about his speed?

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2014/2/11/5402818/a-more-through-look-at-kelvin-benjamin

http://i.imgur.com/teHMW5o.jpg

so tell me if 11% is not a high drop rate :lol

dumbfuck

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 01:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qd2U26t.jpg

looks like lee is the worst and that carolina website exagerrated benjamins drop rate :lol, still pretty high

youre using the probowl? hahahahah:rollin

Avante
08-08-2014, 01:13 PM
http://www.catscratchreader.com/2014/2/11/5402818/a-more-through-look-at-kelvin-benjamin

http://i.imgur.com/teHMW5o.jpg

so tell me if 11% is not a high drop rate :lol

dumbfuck

You are talking about....one...drop a game, wow! Dude...one...drop a game, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an idiot, wow!

Here ya go...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/08/06/5090805/panthers-kelvin-benjamin-showing.html

Avante
08-08-2014, 01:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qd2U26t.jpg

looks like lee is the worst and that carolina website exagerrated benjamins drop rate :lol, still pretty high

youre using the probowl? hahahahah:rollin

Do you know anything at all about pro football? Hell yes I'll use a pro bowl, are you really this lost.

Work with me.

You go to anything talking about a former players career and how many pro bowls/all pro he got will be mentioned. Ya see dummy.....it matters.

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 01:16 PM
its like talking to a child

i bet youre used to that :lol

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Do you know anything at all about pro football? Hell yes I'll use a pro bowl, are you really this lost.
:lmao

Avante
08-08-2014, 01:21 PM
its like talking to a child

i bet youre used to that :lol

I'm not the one thinking any QB is better than another because of playoff wins...hahahaha!!!!!!!! I'm not the one running down a college player who has yet to play in a pro game...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! I;m not the one totally disrespecting the pro bowl, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!

You appear to know...0...about this stuff slick. So why post on a football board?

Avante
08-08-2014, 01:22 PM
:lmao

Yep, you nailed, you're a laughing stock.

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 01:24 PM
I'm not the one thinking any QB is better than another because of playoff wins...hahahaha!!!!!!!! I'm not the one running down a college player who has yet to play in a pro game...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! I;m not the one totally disrespecting the pro bowl, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!

You appear to know...0...about this stuff slick. So why post on a football board?
luck is a better qb than newton, anyone who thinks otherwise is a dumbass

i gave you legitimate reasons why i think he will bust

i know zero stuff? yet i continue to shit on you in this thread alone

lol claims to know he knows alot of football, then takes the pro bowl seriously :rollin

spurraider21
08-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Are you telling me you don't understand what pro teams look at in receivers? Hell yes you take Bey high.
he's a wide receiver who was infamous for drops and didn't have great production, lol. heyward bey was a terrible pick not only in hindsight but also at the time

Avante
08-08-2014, 01:43 PM
luck is a better qb than newton, anyone who thinks otherwise is a dumbass

i gave you legitimate reasons why i think he will bust

i know zero stuff? yet i continue to shit on you in this thread alone

lol claims to know he knows alot of football, then takes the pro bowl seriously :rollin

A dumbass totally ignores what the stats tell us, go ahead compare what Luck vs Newton looks like after their first two seasons. Hell, just last season Newton had the better QBR, you do know what that means...right?

You are saying a college kid will always play like he did in college, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! You know anything at all about the differences in the game?

You are totally getting stomped on midget, but not surprised you don't see it.

Hell yes the pro bowl matters, only a fool wouldn't see that. Try keeping Tom Brady/Megatron off the roster and watch what happens.

Is this little shit for real?

Avante
08-08-2014, 01:45 PM
he's a wide receiver who was infamous for drops and didn't have great production, lol. heyward bey was a terrible pick not only in hindsight but also at the time

You familiar with his production at Maryland? You do know he was fly pattern guy, right? As you do know the Raiders love that ...vertical game....which is why he was brought in.

leemajors
08-08-2014, 01:52 PM
who respects the pro bowl?

spurraider21
08-08-2014, 01:52 PM
You familiar with his production at Maryland? You do know he was fly pattern guy, right? As you do know the Raiders love that ...vertical game....which is why he was brought in.
his production at maryland was subpar compared to other receivers in that draft, like crabtree, maclin, harvin

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-08-2014, 01:56 PM
his production at maryland was subpar compared to other receivers in that draft, like crabtree, maclin, harvin

What exactly is your point? Because one guy might be a bust that means a completely different receiver is a bust? What are you basing this off of exactly?

What makes you think Benj will be a bust without seeing him play? He has impressed big time and has the potential to the be the best WR in the draft.

spurraider21
08-08-2014, 01:57 PM
What exactly is your point? Because one guy might be a bust that means a completely different receiver is a bust? What are you basing this off of exactly?

What makes you think Benj will be a bust without seeing him play? He has impressed big time and has the potential to the be the best WR in the draft.
i didn't say benjamin will be a bust

Avante
08-08-2014, 01:57 PM
who respects the pro bowl?

Adrian Peterson has a 1900 yard season but doesn't get a pro bowl invite, now think. All the pro bowl is about (forget the actual game) is a pat on the back for having a great season. Trust me......a 1500 yard rusher doesn't make while a 1100 does and people will talk,

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-08-2014, 01:58 PM
:lol so when cum wins hes good? when he loses its because of the conference? come on bro

boil it down for me

Boiled down:

KC was missing their top 2 sack-leaders, which is what made them a top defense.
Jamaal Charles also got injured that game.
Luck led a fluky comeback against choke artist Alex Smith (despite the good game).

:lol thinking Luck could do that against a competent defense.

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 02:03 PM
A dumbass totally ignores what the stats tell us, go ahead compare what Luck vs Newton looks like after their first two seasons. Hell, just last season Newton had the better QBR, you do know what that means...right?

You are saying a college kid will always play like he did in college, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! You know anything at all about the differences in the game?

You are totally getting stomped on midget, but not surprised you don't see it.

Hell yes the pro bowl matters, only a fool wouldn't see that. Try keeping Tom Brady/Megatron off the roster and watch what happens.

Is this little shit for real?

lol youre an idiot. qbr also says nick foles>>peyton, and mccown is better than brees and rodgers. how about you actually watch game films. also the total qbr stats says luck>newton :lol

i gave you a chance to finally talk football, but dude your takes are fucking terrible

Avante
08-08-2014, 02:05 PM

Why continue to ignore what kind of receiver he was? He was a down the field guy.

As you know the Raiders..LOVE..speed. While at Maryland Bey was clocked in a sizzlin'...4.23. Ok ok even if that was just Maryland he'd run a 4.30 at the combine, that is smoking.

The Raiders were looking for the next Warren Wells/Cliff Branch, so he was the perfect pick to fill that role.

Holden_Caulfield
08-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Boiled down:

Luck led a fluky comeback against choke artist Alex Smith (despite the good game).

no matter how you :downspin: it, luck 1 cum 0.

spurraider21
08-08-2014, 02:08 PM
Why continue to ignore what kind of receiver he was? He was a down the field guy.

As you know the Raiders..LOVE..speed. While at Maryland Bey was clocked in a sizzlin'...4.23. Ok ok even if that was just Maryland he'd run a 4.30 at the combine, that is smoking.

The Raiders were looking for the next Warren Wells/Cliff Branch, so he was the perfect pick to fill that role.
he was fast... but had huge red flags
kelvin benjamin is a physical beast, but he also has red flags. i wouldn't expect him to produce like a #1 receiver in his rookie year, but it seems to be what carolina is banking on. jason avant and jerricho cothery are hardly backup caliber at this point

Avante
08-08-2014, 02:10 PM
lol youre an idiot. qbr also says nick foles>>peyton, and mccown is better than brees and rodgers. how about you actually watch game films. also the total qbr stats says luck>newton :lol

i gave you a chance to finally talk football, but dude your takes are fucking terrible

Well when you prefer to wander around in a fantasy world like you do I can see why anyone talking reality would have terrible takes.

Dude, you watch game films, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avante
08-08-2014, 02:14 PM
he was fast... but had huge red flags
kelvin benjamin is a physical beast, but he also has red flags. i wouldn't expect him to produce like a #1 receiver in his rookie year, but it seems to be what carolina is banking on. jason avant and jerricho cothery are hardly backup caliber at this point

If ya recall Jerry Rice had people thinking...hmmmm?...his rookie season. He had a lot of drops.

We are hearing good things about the kid coming from the Carolina camp. he is big he was a track sprinter and was drated number one for a reason. There is no ...logical...reason of any kind to think with some NFL coaching he can;t become a factor early in his career.

spurraider21
08-08-2014, 02:16 PM
If ya recall Jerry Rice had people thinking...hmmmm?...his rookie season. He had a lot of drops.

We are good hearing things about the kid coming from the Carolina camp. he is big he was a track sprinter and was drated number one for a reason. There is no ...logical...reason of any kind to think with some NFL coaching he can;t become a factor early in his career.
as i said earlier, receivers dont typically enjoy year 1 success, much less players that are considered to be raw or developmental projects

Avante
08-08-2014, 02:20 PM
as i said earlier, receivers dont typically enjoy year 1 success, much less players that are considered to be raw or developmental projects

Do you really want me to give you that long list of rookie receivers who did have very productive first seasons? Remember the rookie season Randy Moss had, there are tons of guys who made an impact as a rookie.

When did this kid become so raw and developmental? It isn't real obvious he's there to strecth the field?

spurraider21
08-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Do you really want me to give you that long list of rookie receivers who did have very productive first seasons? Remember the rookie season Randy Moss had, there are tons of guys who made an impact as a rookie.

When did this kid become so raw and developmental? It isn't real obvious he's there to stretch the field?
a) i said typically
b) he was considered to be raw because despite his great stature, he's a guy who wasn't very adept at route-running and had drop issues

Avante
08-08-2014, 02:30 PM
a) i said typically
b) he was considered to be raw because despite his great stature, he's a guy who wasn't very adept at route-running and had drop issues

Way too many examples of first round receivers having very productive rookie years to go with...typically.

Coach...I need you to hit that 10 yard mark and make a sharpe cut. Let's see it.

Boom!...problem fixed. The kid averaged over 45 catchs a season at FSU as a down the field guy, he'll do just fine.

spurraider21
08-08-2014, 02:32 PM
Way too many examples of first round receivers having very productive rookie years to go with...typically.

Coach...I need you to hit that 10 yard mark and make a shape cut. Let's see it.

Boom!...problem fixed. The kid averaged over 45 catchs a season at Maryland as a down the field guy, he'll do just fine.
i never knew route running was so easy. thanks

Avante
08-08-2014, 02:33 PM
i never knew route running was so easy. thanks

I get the feeling there is a lot you don't know.

I was a wide reciever my freshman year in HS, there is nothing complex about running routes.

Pelicans78
08-08-2014, 02:34 PM
I could post 100 articles in the Times-Picayune about how awesome Brandin Cooks is, but it won't matter until game time.

Avante
08-08-2014, 02:39 PM
I could post 100 articles in the Times-Picayune about how awesome Brandin Cooks is, but it won't matter until game time.

We have to go way back to the early Saints days and John Gillum to find the kind of speed/zoooomm...this kid has. A 4.33 guy.

Aztecfan03
08-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Fucking retarded would be dumping on Newton who has a better com % than Luck. We were talking about Newton not Smith ya dumb fuck.

put some context into that comp. %. like yds/comp, yds/attempt or maybe comp % of under 10 yrd passes, 10-20, 20-30, 30+

Aztecfan03
08-08-2014, 05:29 PM

We are hearing good things about the kid coming from the Carolina camp. he is big he was a track sprinter and was drated number one for a reason. There is no ...logical...reason of any kind to think with some NFL coaching he can;t become a factor early in his career.

You use the greatest reciever of all time not doing well as a rookie to argue that Benjamin will be good as a rookie?

And a 1st round pick is not the same as the first pick or the number one pick so stop saying that.

Aztecfan03
08-08-2014, 05:31 PM

When did this kid become so raw and developmental? It isn't real obvious he's there to strecth the field?

Do you not know what typically means?

benefactor
08-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Have none of you learned anything about attempting a real football conversation with Avante?:lol

DD
08-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Boiled down:

Da fuck? Colts smoked the Niners in SF earlier last year. He was also the only QB to drop 30+ on the Seattle D.

Go chase your cats into oncoming traffic, you stupid faggot

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Da fuck? Colts smoked the Niners in SF earlier last year. He was also the only QB to drop 30+ on the Seattle D.

Go chase your cats into oncoming traffic, you stupid faggot

So what? We beat SF in SF too, you illiterate fuck.

:lol thinking Luck could come back from a 38-10 deficit against SF
:lol Flacco

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-08-2014, 07:12 PM
WHO SAID HE CAN'T CATCH?

:lol going to be a fun year, tbh..

Clipper Nation
08-08-2014, 07:18 PM
WHO SAID HE CAN'T CATCH?

:lol going to be a fun year, tbh..

:lmao Jizzing over meaningless preseason games

Plus he had a real quarterback throwing to him instead of Cum Newton :lol

Avante
08-08-2014, 11:18 PM
put some context into that comp. %. like yds/comp, yds/attempt or maybe comp % of under 10 yrd passes, 10-20, 20-30, 30+

Why, nobody else does. Can you do that?

Avante
08-08-2014, 11:20 PM
You use the greatest reciever of all time not doing well as a rookie to argue that Benjamin will be good as a rookie?

And a 1st round pick is not the same as the first pick or the number one pick so stop saying that.

None of that made any sense at all.

Avante
08-08-2014, 11:21 PM
Have none of you learned anything about attempting a real football conversation with Avante?:lol

You mean the guy who tells it like it really instead of....I like my team.

Avante
08-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Do you not know what typically means?

Sure do and it won't work in this conversation.

Avante
08-08-2014, 11:24 PM
:lmao Jizzing over meaningless preseason games

Plus he had a real quarterback throwing to him instead of Cum Newton :lol

You really don't know shit about Newton do ya slick?

Aztecfan03
08-08-2014, 11:40 PM
None of that made any sense at all.

The first pick was clowney. Not benjamin. And Jerry rice not doing well as a rookie is a terrible argument to use to say that Benjamin will be good this year.

Avante
08-09-2014, 12:02 AM
The first pick was clowney. Not benjamin. And Jerry rice not doing well as a rookie is a terrible argument to use to say that Benjamin will be good this year.

Please don't tell me you thought I thought, hahahaha!!!!!!!! Dude, come on man.

Wasn't Benjamin the first pick of the Panthers, yes he was..ok? OBVIOUSLY like in OBVIOUSLY...everyone knows Clowney was......sheesh~~~~~~ The Panthers could have had no picks in the first or second round, they could have taken Benjamin in the third round, but he'd still be....what?

My point about Jerry Rice was real simple, we have no idea how these guys will do if we just go with early on performances....ok? I could have used a ton of other examples all saying the same thing.

Dude, long long time football fan here, ok? Hell, I saw the very first game your Chargers ever played, hell, the very first play in Charger history......Paul Lowe takes a KO back 105 yards. He was also the first 1000 yard rusher for the Chargers.

Avante
08-09-2014, 12:10 AM
I'm not one to get too jacked up over anything in preseason. Too many things are twekked.

But...
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/kelvin-benjamin-makes-preseason-debut--catches-great-touchdown-002454790.html

...as of "right now" those who think this kid has a bright future have it all over those who don't. Yep, that could easily change next game when he drops one.

This could get funny actually....he has a good game, he has a bad game, he has a good...hahahaha!!!!!!!! As we all act totally stupid over this.

The kid is big and fast, he was an NFL teams first pick. There is no reason at all to play..."he'll be a bust".

Instead if acting retarded over this why not give it a little time and see what happens.

To play...

supporters...see see he's got it (big catch)
bah humbuggers....see see he sucks (dropped pass)

I'll revisit this in...hmmm?...November.

Clipper Nation
08-09-2014, 08:53 AM
I'm not one to get too jacked up over anything in preseason. Too many things are twekked.

But...
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/kelvin-benjamin-makes-preseason-debut--catches-great-touchdown-002454790.html

...as of "right now" those who think this kid has a bright future have it all over those who don't. Yep, that could easily change next game when he drops one.

This could get funny actually....he has a good game, he has a bad game, he has a good...hahahaha!!!!!!!! As we all act totally stupid over this.

The kid is big and fast, he was an NFL teams first pick. There is no reason at all to play..."he'll be a bust".

Instead if acting retarded over this why not give it a little time and see what happens.

To play...

supporters...see see he's got it (big catch)
bah humbuggers....see see he sucks (dropped pass)

I'll revisit this in...hmmm?...November.
> "I'm not one to get too jacked up over anything in preseason"
> Proceeds to get jacked up over something in preseason

Avante
08-09-2014, 09:49 AM
> "I'm not one to get too jacked up over anything in preseason"
> Proceeds to get jacked up over something in preseason

Is there no end to your stupidity? You saw that as being...jacked up....even with me saying he could bomb out next week? Dude, why is it you never neverr never ever get anything right? I'm dead serious you never seem to...get it. You are the dumbest person I've ever encountered on these boards.

And.....are you really as miserable as you seem? Have you ever had a happy day?

Avante
08-18-2014, 02:05 AM
So hows the kid doing?

Pelicans78
08-18-2014, 09:35 AM
So hows the kid doing?

He came into a bad situation. Average passer playing behind an average o-line and not so great coaches on the offensive side of the ball. Plus, no other receivers around him.

Avante
08-24-2014, 02:21 PM
He came into a bad situation. Average passer playing behind an average o-line and not so great coaches on the offensive side of the ball. Plus, no other receivers around him.

From what's I;ve seen the kid is doing just fine.

Pelicans78
08-24-2014, 03:05 PM
From what's I;ve seen the kid is doing just fine.

Wait till the regular season starts.

spurraider21
08-24-2014, 04:04 PM
Tiquan Underwood cut. weren't you saying something about him being a legit deep threat when we were all telling you he blows asshole?

Holden_Caulfield
08-24-2014, 04:40 PM
we will trade you cecil shorts for a 2nd rounder

Avante
08-24-2014, 06:21 PM

Well he impressed enought in college to warrant a first pick, he's showing up in the preason, hard to buy.."wait until the regular season". What, he all of a sudden.....????

Chinook
08-24-2014, 06:47 PM
I still like Marlon Brown better.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-24-2014, 07:49 PM
Tiquan Underwood cut. weren't you saying something about him being a legit deep threat when we were all telling you he blows asshole?

He underperformed big time in training camp and deserved to be cut.

It's funny how much Pelicans78 is hating on the Panthers, when just last year in just about every week he would state Carolina was the best team in the NFC. He must have gotten pissed to the point where he just blindly hates on Carolina. Their offense may have new faces, but it's really not that difficult to replace their production. Replacing Steve Smith on the field is hard. But production-wise, I like what I see.

spurraider21
08-24-2014, 07:51 PM
He underperformed big time in training camp and deserved to be cut.

It's funny how much Pelicans78 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15164) is hating on the Panthers, when just last year in just about every week he would state Carolina was the best team in the NFC. He must have gotten pissed to the point where he just blindly hates on Carolina. Their offense may have new faces, but it's really not that difficult to replace their production. Replacing Steve Smith on the field is hard. But production-wise, I like what I see.
i think he just see's what i see. i don't see a single position where carolina has improved. they've gotten worse or held par with basically every unit, while the saints have held par or improved virtually every unit. i dont hate on carolina, i'm just not expecting big things. the wildcard is if benjamin emerges immediately as a legit #1 WR, which i still have doubts about this year, despite his preseason which has been better than i thought

carolina's o-line and secondary got butchered this offseason

Raven
08-25-2014, 10:37 AM
benjamin is going nowhere with rivera and cum.

Kool Bob Love
08-25-2014, 03:18 PM
Drafted him to my fantasy team. Thanks op. :tu

Avante
08-25-2014, 06:18 PM
I've seen enought, it's real real obvious Benjamin is a player, anyone not seeing this doesn't understand the game.

DD
08-26-2014, 07:32 PM
Props to Brittany Griner on a solid preseason:tu

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/16730.png

benefactor
08-26-2014, 08:10 PM
:lol

Holden_Caulfield
09-07-2014, 11:32 AM
he gets a real qb on his debut, i expect 6+ rec, 100+ yds and at least 1 td

spurraider21
09-07-2014, 11:35 AM
he gets a real qb on his debut, i expect 6+ rec, 100+ yds and at least 1 td
i still dont have it in me to start him until he proves something :lol

Holden_Caulfield
09-07-2014, 11:36 AM
cum getting benched should be a sign :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-07-2014, 01:22 PM

His numbers will be good today if Anderson starts. Carolina plays way different with him under QB. He will get at least 9-10 targets.

Avante
09-07-2014, 07:01 PM
I think the kid is going to make it.

spurraider21
09-07-2014, 07:05 PM
he was impressive. i like the guy, didn't think he'd show much his first year. so far, so good. i grabbed him in fantasy for a reason :hat

AchillesHeel
09-07-2014, 07:06 PM
http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/ehh.png

Clipper Nation
09-07-2014, 07:17 PM
His numbers will be good today if Anderson starts. Carolina plays way different with him under QB. He will get at least 9-10 targets.

Amazing what having a real QB instead of a gimmick under center can do for a team...

Avante
09-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Amazing what having a real QB instead of a gimmick under center can do for a team...

Tell that to Steve Smith who caught 216 passes/3713 yards/15tds in Newtons three seasons.

Clipper Nation
09-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Tell that to Steve Smith who caught 216 passes/3713 yards/15tds in Newtons three seasons.

Steve Smith had by far his most productive season with a traditional pocket passer throwing him the ball :lol

Avante
09-07-2014, 07:59 PM
Steve Smith had by far his most productive season with a traditional pocket passer throwing him the ball :lol

Why not check out Hasselbecks last three seasons there and compare them to Newtons first three. As usual you never get it right.

Clipper Nation
09-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Why not check out Hasselbecks last three seasons there and compare them to Newtons first three. As usual you never get it right.
What the fuck are you talking about? Hasselbeck was never on the Panthers....

Also, it's just a known fact that Steve Smith's best season was 2005 when Delhomme was the QB....

Avante
09-07-2014, 08:29 PM
What the fuck are you talking about? Hasselbeck was never on the Panthers....

Also, it's just a known fact that Steve Smith's best season was 2005 when Delhomme was the QB....

Where in the fuck did I get Hasselbeck....?????????????

Look I;m not a big Newton fan either but don't get goofy with it. the guy has had a good career so far.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-08-2014, 04:18 PM

I'm waiting faggot. Still waiting.

:lol everyone picking the Panthers to lose to the fucking Bucs
:lol short memories
:lol dominated them easily without Cam
:lol "Saints going all the way"
:lol can't stop the pass rush
:lol defense actually looks to have improved

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-08-2014, 04:20 PM

Uh, yea, when he was 25. That was the year Moose was injured. Lets not act like Moose wasn't one of the best receivers in the game at the time, either.

spurraider21
09-08-2014, 04:37 PM
panthers are a different team with derek anderson

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-08-2014, 04:46 PM
panthers are a different team with derek anderson

Well, yeah, that's because the offense (primarily the run) goes through Double Trouble and not as much Cam.

Anderson has been solid the past couple preseasons. He had the most reps with the first team this preseason and he is a better pocket passer in this stage of his career than Cam. But it's not that far of a margin considering Anderson is VERY inconsistent when given the start job, plus he's really only had one GREAT season (although he played on the Browns).

When Anderson plays, DeAngelo + Jonathan and Tolbert get about 35 carries. When we play with Cam we need Cam to be in the pocket to make more plays with his feet. Lets face it, Cam's strong suit is the run game and he's the best QB at it. It's just the way it is.

The Gemini Method
09-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Calm down--it was the Bucs after all. Wait until you play some legit teams before crowing.

Pelicans78
09-08-2014, 06:41 PM

One game :lobt2:

Pelicans78
09-08-2014, 07:35 PM

Anyway, I'll give your team major credit for winning that game on the road without Cam. The team is much better with a healthy Cam. Anderson hasn't been a reliable starter in years so winning that game on the road against a divisional rival was big.

Next week against the Lions will be a nice matchup.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Anyway, I'll give your team major credit for winning that game on the road without Cam. The team is much better with a healthy Cam. Anderson hasn't been a reliable starter in years so winning that game on the road against a divisional rival was big.

Next week against the Lions will be a nice matchup.

:tu

NFC South is wide open this year. We will see what happens.

Holden_Caulfield
09-15-2014, 02:26 PM
how many drops with cum at qb?

Aztecfan03
09-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Uh, yea, when he was 25. That was the year Moose was injured. Lets not act like Moose wasn't one of the best receivers in the game at the time, either.

:lol:lol:lol. The one that played and started in 15 games?

Receiving
Rushing

Year
Pos
No.
G
GS
Rec
Yds
Y/R
TD
Lng
R/G
Y/G
Att
Yds
TD
Lng
Y/A
Y/G
A/G
YScm
RRTD
Fmb
AV

1996 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1996/)
CAR (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/1996.htm)
wr

1997 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1997/)
CAR (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/1997.htm)
wr

1998 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1998/)
CAR (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/1998.htm)
WR

1999 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1999/)*
CAR (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/1999.htm)
WR

2000 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2000/)
CAR (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2000.htm)
WR

2001 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2001/)
CAR (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2001.htm)
WR

2002 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2002/)
CAR (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2002.htm)
WR

2003 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2003/)
CAR (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2003.htm)
WR

2004 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2004/)*+
CAR (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2004.htm)
WR

2005 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2005/)
CHI (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/2005.htm)
WR

2006 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2006/)
CHI (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/2006.htm)
WR

2007 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2007/)
CHI (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/2007.htm)
WR

2008 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2008/)
CAR (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2008.htm)
WR

2009 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2009/)
CAR (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2009.htm)
WR

Career

11 yrs

CAR

3 yrs

CHI

Kool Bob Love
09-15-2014, 05:51 PM
http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/695994/kbcatch.0.gif

Avante
11-20-2014, 06:25 PM
Well I'm impressed.

Kawhi
11-22-2014, 01:25 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Oa81iG0h.jpg

Clipper Nation
11-22-2014, 01:35 AM
Damn, the Frizzle curse, the Avante curse, and the "having Cum Newton as your quarterback" curse all ruining Benjamin's career before it even gets started :lol

Aztecfan03
11-22-2014, 02:23 AM

Those grades aren't very reliable.

Avante
11-22-2014, 03:10 AM
Damn, the Frizzle curse, the Avante curse, and the "having Cum Newton as your quarterback" curse all ruining Benjamin's career before it even gets started :lol

We gotta talk....

Dude, stop the stupidity, ok? Stop looking at..."a"...game or ..."a"....season and act like ...well that's it....ok? You look like a complete moron playing that.

After two seasons there was talk of O.J.Simpson being a bust, how did he end up? Remember when the Chiefs kicked the Patriots ass, ya know...Tom Brady is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....well how did that turn out?

Dude....GIVE THINGS SOME FUCKING TIME...ok half pint, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You....here it is week 11 in his rookie season and he hasn't done shit, yep, he sucks.

You have no idea at all how fucking stupid that train of thought is do ya slick?

In his rookie season he was fed the ball 339 times, all he could manage was a terrible 3.6 average (that's really weak) yep...he must suck, right? Try....LaDainian Tomlinson.

spurraider21
11-22-2014, 04:19 AM
PFF can be cool, but its not like anybody reviews their shit besides themselves. i dont find them super reliable unless the outliers are huge. some people quote their ratings religiously.

i find it more useful for defensive players and offensive linemen