Next year we'll be back together
So don't make me cry

To goddess my life is committed
And I will never renege
I firmly believe you will succeed
To realize a melon's dream...

Franklin
08-08-2014, 01:02 AM
LG posted a pic of a melon on her social networking page yesterday. It is a custom in our town that people eat melons on the first day of autumn (yes it is autumn by ancient chinese calender), and it is a custom exclusively of our city because LG (who's from another city) didn't seem to know it before. She said on her page it was the fruit seller who told her about this custom, so she bought a melon and posted a pic of it on her page, which game me the inspiration for this poem.

Thank you, Lunar Goddess :toast

Strange Love
08-08-2014, 02:51 AM
I was about to ask why the melon? :lol

You must introduce me to this Godess. Does her facebook work on here or is that like a different type of system?

Franklin
08-08-2014, 09:49 AM
Only friends are granted access to her page imho (like my poems, which I only make visible to 3 people, one is LG of course, one is that female friend and another is a homeboy nigga). But if you wanna see how she looks I'll send you a pic of hers (the one I like best), tbh I've long been wanting you to rate her, just PM your e-mail address. You can log in using my account, of course, but the words are in Chinese so it wouldn't make much difference.

LG looks sorta like me tbh, she has a little mole under her right eye near the nose, and I have one too at nearly the same position. We're both a bit plump, and when we smile we look basically the same from eyes down (our eyebrows look very different, mine bolder and nearer the eyes). Even our names rhyme well tbh. Every time I look at her pic I feel I saw my mom of 30yrs ago.

Reck
08-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Franklin Dont sleep on it my nig. :tu

I aprove.

Franklin
08-08-2014, 09:42 PM
tbh how a woman looks is probably the last thing that matters to me when it comes to spouse selection. LG looks good but that's more like a bonus to me rather than a prerequisite. I just want someone who loves and understands me, and LG is just the one I've long been waiting for imho. She reads my novels and poems and she appreciates my works. It was the common enthusiasm about literature that drew us together in the first place, but as we study each other more we both have found more similarities between us. We look much alike, our names sound similarly in rhyme, she ain't homegrown but between her hometown and mine it's only 160 miles, a 3-hour drive.