PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green a Spur 4 life??

illusioNtEk
08-08-2014, 10:41 PM
tbh, D4nny is a very important role player and his D is right on spot... Do you guys think we will be able to keep him ? will other teams offer more money ? will we match ? wait till Timmy retires then offer more money ????

he is my fav player and I need him for my spurs on nba 2k. :p lol

im just saying... I would hate to loose him. what contract or situation do we have with him right now ??

exstatic
08-08-2014, 11:04 PM
tbh, D4nny is a very important role player and his D is right on spot... Do you guys think we will be able to keep him ? will other teams offer more money ? will we match ? wait till Timmy retires then offer more money ????

he is my fav player and I need him for my spurs on nba 2k. :p lol

im just saying... I would hate to loose him. what contract or situation do we have with him right now ??
Since he's on a 3 year contract he can't be extended. Nothing can be done until next summer.

Darkwaters
08-08-2014, 11:24 PM
Chances are high he'll walk next season when his contract expires. Hes had two great finals since he signed that contract, and hes going to be due a big payday. Hes one of the absolute best 3 and D guys in the league. Hes going to get paid. Can the Spurs afford a big payday with Kawhi also due some cash and Tony's salary going up?

Chinook
08-08-2014, 11:34 PM
Chances are high he'll walk next season when his contract expires. Hes had two great finals since he signed that contract, and hes going to be due a big payday. Hes one of the absolute best 3 and D guys in the league. Hes going to get paid. Can the Spurs afford a big payday with Kawhi also due some cash and Tony's salary going up?

The Spurs could afford to max Green out if they wanted to. They will have plenty of money. The question will be if they are willing to pay him what some other team will? I'm not sure how the team values him, to be honest. I don't think a $35/5 contract is unreasonable, but they may only want to pay a three-year, MLE-type deal ($17M/3 or something like that). I certainly think the Cavs are going to try to give him as much as they can, in addition to the Clippers. The Warriors, Hawks, Bulls and Grizzlies may also make a claim.

I think Cleveland is the only real threat, though. Green and Lebron are legitimately friends, and it would be really tempting to me to play with that stacked starting unit. But the Cavs cut him, so he may not want to go back.

cd021
08-08-2014, 11:39 PM
I thing he could be paid at least $6 million per by someone. 4 yrs, $25 million. Would keep him a Spur to he's 31.

spursparker9
08-09-2014, 12:33 AM
Yea, if there are any other places he would go, it would be to Cleveland to play with Lebron.

2pac > Kobe
08-09-2014, 12:52 AM
we can replace danny so i aint worried here

BanditHiro
08-09-2014, 01:04 AM
Duncan and Manu are probably retiring next year so that should clear space.

BillMc
08-09-2014, 04:32 AM
Spurs seldom lose players they wanted to keep. It's the opposite of free agency where we never get anyone. Those that have been Spurs usually want to stay Spurs. (Old Michael Finely being the exception.) Green has also said he'd like to be a Spur for life. I imagine the chances of him staying are very good indeed.

heyheymymy
08-09-2014, 05:53 AM
I think Cleveland is the only real threat, though.

haha, how great is that, if they come crawling back.

james evans
08-09-2014, 05:56 AM
if some team offers danny green a bogus amount of money and he takes it, he'll find himself buried at the end of someone's bench when they see he can't create his own shot consistently and we'll eventually get him back for cheap when he's amnestied.

barakz21
08-09-2014, 07:35 AM
The Spurs could afford to max Green out if they wanted to. They will have plenty of money. The question will be if they are willing to pay him what some other team will? I'm not sure how the team values him, to be honest. I don't think a $35/5 contract is unreasonable, but they may only want to pay a three-year, MLE-type deal ($17M/3 or something like that). I certainly think the Cavs are going to try to give him as much as they can, in addition to the Clippers. The Warriors, Hawks, Bulls and Grizzlies may also make a claim.

I think Cleveland is the only real threat, though. Green and Lebron are legitimately friends, and it would be really tempting to me to play with that stacked starting unit. But the Cavs cut him, so he may not want to go back.

Seems about fair, and it's already a pay raise, since he's current contract is $9M/3 iirc. At the most, I'd be willing to pay him 20-25M/3 or 4 years. I also think It's not exactly about the money for him. I mean, the spurs gave him a second chance after cutting him, and he's enjoyed nothing here but success, so I don't think he's gonna leave in free agency.

BG_Spurs_Fan
08-09-2014, 08:51 AM
As mentioned he'll probably go to Cleveland for the full MLE next summer. If the Spurs aren't prepared to pay him the same they might explore some trade possibilities, like Green for Waiters.

exstatic
08-09-2014, 09:07 AM
As mentioned he'll probably go to Cleveland for the full MLE next summer. If the Spurs aren't prepared to pay him the same they might explore some trade possibilities, like Green for Waiters.

I think the Spurs would go full MLE for him. He will only be 28. Thabo got more than that from ATL this summer, and he is 30.

Chinook
08-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Seems about fair, and it's already a pay raise, since he's current contract is $9M/3 iirc. At the most, I'd be willing to pay him 20-25M/3 or 4 years. I also think It's not exactly about the money for him. I mean, the spurs gave him a second chance after cutting him, and he's enjoyed nothing here but success, so I don't think he's gonna leave in free agency.

While I think Green would take a slight discount, it's not like he's going to take a significant discount to stay. This is going to be his biggest contract most likely. If the Spurs try to sign him to a three-year MLE deal and Cleveland comes hard with a fourth year, I think he might go. I also think it's possible that a team like Atlanta or the Knicks might offer him a contract using cap space. It's also important to note that the Spurs may not be a contender anymore after next season. If Duncan and Manu retire, and the Spurs can't find anyone to fill the void, Green might look at a place like Chicago and think it's a better situation, especially if the Spurs are only going to offer a relatively small contract.

FireMicoHalili
08-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Meeks is a worse player and racked up $8M. Cap is set to rise. As much as I want him on the Spurs for only the MLE it's tough to expect a haircut from a serviceable wing with finals experience hitting his prime. As someone said above, however, he's not irreplaceable.

baseline bum
08-09-2014, 12:01 PM
The only possible contender other than the Spurs that could pay his market value would be Chicago. Cleveland, Clippers, GSW can't clear the space and OKC is doubtful unless they're willing to lose Reggie Jackson and Stephen Adams.

baseline bum
08-09-2014, 12:04 PM
I think the Spurs would go full MLE for him. He will only be 28. Thabo got more than that from ATL this summer, and he is 30.

The Spurs would go full MLE in a second, but no way Green would play for that. His market value will probably be 4 years, $36 million at the bare minimum.