PDA

View Full Version : OT: nbc sports: kevin love trade could be blocked

King Emmanuel
08-09-2014, 07:22 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/08/report-nba-could-block-kevin-love-trade-if-agreement-for-him-to-sign-long-term-in-cleveland-is-already-in-place/?utm_post=080814%20kevin%20love%20trade%20in%20jeo pardy%3F&utm_source=TW%20-%20NBC%20Sports%20-%20%40NBCSports&utm_network=twitter&utm_tags=

But sources say that the Cavs and Wolves, knowing that league officials are monitoring this transaction closely, have been careful not to make any public acknowledgments that trade details have already been agreed to. That’s because Wiggins remains ineligible to move moved until 30 days pass from the signing his rookie contract.

The Cavs were granted permission last month by Minnesota to speak to Love and his representatives in an introductory fashion, sources say, while James and Love have also been in direct contact about their long-term intentions of playing together in recent weeks. But sources insist that no agreement for Love to sign an extension in Cleveland next summer when he can become a free agent is in place.

Under NBA rules, such an agreement would be illegal and, if proven, potentially could be grounds for the league to block this trade and dole out punishment to both teams. The Wolves were infamously sanctioned heavily in 2000 after it was discovered that the club had promised a lucrative future contract — in writing — to Joe Smith, incurring a fine of $3.5 million and the loss of four first-round picks as well as suspensions for owner Glen Taylor and then-GM Kevin McHale.

yeah im thinking no way the league would dare fuck with lebron

Clipper Nation
08-09-2014, 08:25 PM
They would actually be doing LeBron a favor by vetoing the stat-padder, tbh....

mavsfan1000
08-09-2014, 09:38 PM
They should make it so that rookies can't be traded. You draft him, you should keep him for 12 months.

LkrFan
08-09-2014, 09:41 PM
They would actually be doing LeBron a favor by vetoing the stat-padder, tbh....

I hope they block that shiiiiiiiiiiit! #BASKETBALLREAS:lolNS

Spurs 4 The Win
08-09-2014, 09:46 PM
I hope they block that shiiiiiiiiiiit! #BASKETBALLREAS:lolNS

That would help Cleveland in the long run, they will win more titles if it is vetoed. If they get Love, they have a 4 year window instead of a 7-8 year window after Wiggins develops

HemisfairArena
08-09-2014, 09:47 PM
That would help Cleveland in the long run, they will win more titles if it is vetoed. If they get Love, they have a 4 year window instead of a 7-8 year window after Wiggins develops

Love is proven,,,,Wiggins isn't.

mavsfan1000
08-09-2014, 09:55 PM
Proven soft and slow.

Clipper Nation
08-09-2014, 10:04 PM
Love has proven he can pad some nice stats while not making the playoffs, playing defense or making his teammates better....

HemisfairArena
08-09-2014, 10:05 PM
Once again,,,name me 10 players in the NBA better than Love.

mavsfan1000
08-09-2014, 10:12 PM
Once again,,,name me 10 players in the NBA better than Love.
Durant, Westbrook, Duncan, Parker, Leonard, Blake Griffin, Chris Paul, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh.

Killakobe81
08-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Durant, Westbrook, Duncan, Parker, Leonard, Blake Griffin, Chris Paul, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh.

LOL Wade and Bosh after last year ...agree with the rest.

DMC
08-10-2014, 12:07 AM
James is on a 2 year deal. They have a 2 year window.

DMC
08-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Dirk, Harden, Howard, Lillard, Unibrow, Carmelo, etc..

Chris
08-10-2014, 02:23 AM
lmao moar basketball reasons

Tuddy
08-10-2014, 05:31 AM
Paul George had to be close to top 10. Good playoff performer and two way player

spurraider21
08-10-2014, 02:12 PM
LOL Wade and Bosh after last year ...agree with the rest.
i still like bosh. quite underrated defensively, and his offensive regression imo is more due to the dynamic in Miami where they wanted the ball (rightfully) in lebron's hand most of the time, he prefers the paint, and Wade can't space the floor. bosh was basically the perfect big for their system, flawed as it was. not many bigs can step out and nail jumpers efficiently while also being valuable defensively.

i think this year Bosh will have a renaissance offensive season

Holden_Caulfield
08-10-2014, 03:19 PM
the nba is fucked with the embiid, noel and bennett trio, cant let that happen

rogues
08-10-2014, 03:38 PM
I want to see Kevin Love perform in the playoffs to be definitive on his stance..he puts up cute numbers both regular and advanced metrics..I just want to see how he does when the going gets tough..

spurraider21
08-10-2014, 03:57 PM
a team built around a jump-shooting big is not something i'm particularly fond of... its tough to make it work. but on cleveland Love would just a be a piece, not the centerpiece they are trying to build around. still, they'll be almost completely dependent on Varejao's health, which is terrifying

HemisfairArena
08-10-2014, 09:34 PM
a team built around a jump-shooting big is not something i'm particularly fond of... its tough to make it work. but on cleveland Love would just a be a piece, not the centerpiece they are trying to build around. still, they'll be almost completely dependent on Varejao's health, which is terrifying

Yeah because it never worked out for the Spurs with a jump shooting big whose signature move was a bank shot off the glass,,,,

Chinook
08-10-2014, 11:00 PM
^ Perhaps the worst Duncan related take I've ever seen, honestly.

mavsfan1000
08-10-2014, 11:08 PM
I agree. Duncan usually goes to the rim.

100%duncan
08-11-2014, 12:23 AM
Yeah because it never worked out for the Spurs with a jump shooting big whose signature move was a bank shot off the glass,,,,

:lmao

spurraider21
08-11-2014, 12:30 AM
:lol way to vomit all over yourself with that take

Brazil
08-11-2014, 11:47 AM

Raven
08-11-2014, 12:06 PM

under .700 ft shooting, the signature characteristic of a jump shooter :lmao

Clipper Nation
08-11-2014, 12:33 PM

Stop choking on Kevin Love's dick, because it clearly is cutting off oxygen to your brain....

Sean Cagney
08-11-2014, 01:06 PM

Tims % is alot higher than Loves and he goes to the basket alot more. No comparison.

Killakobe81
08-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Stop choking on Kevin Love's dick, because it clearly is cutting off oxygen to your brain....

The "ironing" of this post gets my vote for POTM, year ...

CN calling our someone for dyckriding is Eddie Murphy in his prime comical ... you almost make Harlem's Lebron (old) obsession seem normal. Heck you swap Kobe with Lebron and you would be at home with the worst homers on LG.

Spurs 4 The Win
08-11-2014, 02:23 PM

:lmao

Franklin
08-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Just because he can shoots jumpers it does't mean he's a jump shooting big imho. Even Dirk doesn't shoot that many jumpers these days tbh.

jimbo
08-11-2014, 09:01 PM
Tbh if the Cavs get Love, no team they put together will ever be better than the repeat Heat imo. Bosh at center and Lebron at the 4 with an elite perimeter D (2012) was fucking broken.

lol if the Cavs had drafted Noel though, this shit would be broken too

Kyrie
Waiters
Wiggins
Lebron
Noel

and a 10mil trade chip with Varejao tbh

Hell, if Bennett can develop into even an average stretch 4, they're still set without the Love trade.

HemisfairArena
08-11-2014, 11:43 PM
:lol way to vomit all over yourself with that take

How so? Duncan has always been a jump shooting big. Look up his signature move and tell me what it is,,,,

These are Duncan's shot selection percentages, courtesy of 82games.com.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1271442/Shooting_details.PNG

This is just a sample size from 2008-2012,,,what is the highest percentage of shot he takes?