PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong or trolling, to make fun of trolls on here?

xmas1997
08-10-2014, 11:22 AM
A lot of us bash the trolls on here.
The trolls counter by accusing us of trolling when we do and say we are hypocritical.
However IMHO someone who makes fun of trolls when they troll you is just bashing them as well as exposing their ignorance.
Their last resort is to turn it around and accuse us of being trolls.
To me, that is the equivalent of being a double negative and validates that we are not trolls.

We all already know that the trolls nowadays are nothing like the trolls of yesteryear who relied on wit, humor, and intelligence.
These new trolls are a shell and a poor mockery of the old trolls, they aren't funny at all, and for the most part are morons appealing to morons.

What is your opinion, if you know what opinions are?

mouse
08-10-2014, 11:32 AM
what is your definition of a TRoll?

don't mistake assholes for TRolls

Trolls are creative and witty, assholes are assholes ,that's what happens when people don't research the meaning of a word ...

Trainwreck2100
08-10-2014, 11:38 AM
if you drive a driver you're still a driver
if you watch a watcher you're still a watcher
if you murder a murderer you're still a murderer
if you rob a robber you're still a robber
if you asshole an asshole you're still an asshole

Double negatives only exist in math

xmas1997
08-10-2014, 11:51 AM

Trolls are creative and witty, assholes are assholes ,that's what happens when people don't research the meaning of a word ...

I accept your point to be a valid one.

Then what we are dealing with are assholes posing as trolls, or "wanabe trolls".

Avante
08-10-2014, 11:51 AM
When we see posters here who do nothing themselves other than enter threads to pester/bug/bother others whatever happens to them is very acceptable. They have shown they are only here to be a bother.

We have this little gang....

Blake
ClipperNation
ChumpWhatever
DJWhatever

...who rarely if ever post threads. They totally ignore the topic of a thread and zero in on being just a pest. So how we treat them...cool!

I might do this and that but what I don't do is leech off others and enter others threads just to be a pest. I usually keep my insanity in my threads.

xmas1997
08-10-2014, 11:54 AM
if you drive a driver you're still a driver
if you watch a watcher you're still a watcher
if you murder a murderer you're still a murderer
if you rob a robber you're still a robber
if you asshole an asshole you're still an asshole

Double negatives only exist in math

Your point is valid too IMHO.
However I was saying it was the "equivalent" of a double negative and not one per say.

Trainwreck2100
08-10-2014, 11:54 AM
More apropos your double negative argument is not only a logical fallacy but it's an insult to math

ChumpDumper
08-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Good troll thread :tu

DJR210
08-10-2014, 12:01 PM
When we see posters here who do nothing themselves other than enter threads to pester/bug/bother others whatever happens to them is very acceptable. They have shown they are only here to be a bother.

Blake
ClipperNation
ChumpWhatever
DJWhatever

...who rarely if ever post threads. They totally ignore the topic of a thread and zero in on being just a pest. So how we treat them...cool!

I might do this and that but what I don't do is leech off others and enter others threads just to be a pest. I usually keep my insanity in my threads.

I really only fuck with you tbh. It's because you post a million threads and comments a day, all stupid as fuck, trying to show up the board that you're a "historian".

Every board you're on, they all shit on you. Track and field boards, ST, the one posted in the NFL forum. Whether it's under razon, Avante, ccwhatever, it's the same. What does that tell you?

xmas1997
08-10-2014, 12:09 PM
More apropos your double negative argument is not only a logical fallacy but it's an insult to math

Excuse the fuck out of me! :lmao Far be it from me to insult math! :lol

But actually you are wrong, double negatives are used in literary grammer all the time.

"A double negative is the nonstandard usage of two negatives used in the same sentence so that they cancel each other and create a positive. In Shakespeare's day, double negatives were considered emphatic, but today, they are considered grammar mistakes.

Remembering that two negatives form a positive will help you to avoid the "double negative" grammar problem."

http://leo.stcloudstate.edu/grammar/doubneg.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_negative

Litotes
Definition of Litotes

Litotes, derived from a Greek word meaning “simple”, is a figure of speech which employs an understatement by using double negatives or, in other words, positive statement is expressed by negating its opposite expressions.

For example, using the expression “not too bad” for “very good” is an understatement as well as a double negative statement that confirms a positive idea by negating the opposite. Similarly, saying “She is not a beauty queen,” means “She is ugly” or saying “I am not as young as I used to be” in order to avoid saying “I am old”. Litotes, therefore, is an intentional use of understatement that renders an ironical effect.

http://literarydevices.net/litotes/

xmas1997
08-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Good troll thread :tu

:lmao

Wouldn't what you just wrote (in bold above) be considered an oxymoron?

Avante
08-10-2014, 12:56 PM
I really only fuck with you tbh. It's because you post a million threads and comments a day, all stupid as fuck, trying to show up the board that you're a "historian".

Every board you're on, they all shit on you. Track and field boards, ST, the one posted in the NFL forum. Whether it's under razon, Avante, ccwhatever, it's the same. What does that tell you?

Then there's always reality...

I post on track & field boards right now, no problems at all. That football forum you're talking about, no problems now. Go ahead check it out. That..one..board I got banned from, everyone here would have got banned, SUPER uptight.

So as usual you're talking out your ass.

Why follow me around asshole?

Clipper Nation
08-10-2014, 01:01 PM
The trolls counter by accusing us of trolling when we do and say we are hypocritical.
However IMHO someone who makes fun of trolls when they troll you is just bashing them as well as exposing their ignorance.
To me, that is the equivalent of being a double negative and validates that we are not trolls.

We all already know that the trolls nowadays are nothing like the trolls of yesteryear who relied on wit, humor, and intelligence.
These new trolls are a shell and a poor mockery of the old trolls, they aren't funny at all, and for the most part are morons appealing to morons.

Shut up faggot

Blake
ClipperNation
ChumpWhatever
DJWhatever

Didn't read

Avante
08-10-2014, 01:07 PM
There it is right there the perfect example of a stupid ass troll.

xmas1997
08-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Shut up faggot

Didn't read

Ah, good example of a wanabe, an asshole, and moron, all in one fell swoop.
Thinks throwing out insults and invectives gives his posts credibility, humor, and intelligence, when all it really does is show how truly moronic, ignorant, and mentally challenged he really is.
Undoubtedly people he comes in contact with in real life have as high of an opinion of him.
But anyway, way to show off your limited vocabulary skills there, sport!

Trainwreck2100
08-10-2014, 01:57 PM

But actually you are wrong, double negatives are used in literary grammer all the time.

"A double negative is the nonstandard usage of two negatives used in the same sentence so that they cancel each other and create a positive. In Shakespeare's day, double negatives were considered emphatic, but today, they are considered grammar mistakes.

Remembering that two negatives form a positive will help you to avoid the "double negative" grammar problem."

Litotes
Definition of Litotes

Litotes, derived from a Greek word meaning “simple”, is a figure of speech which employs an understatement by using double negatives or, in other words, positive statement is expressed by negating its opposite expressions.

For example, using the expression “not too bad” for “very good” is an understatement as well as a double negative statement that confirms a positive idea by negating the opposite. Similarly, saying “She is not a beauty queen,” means “She is ugly” or saying “I am not as young as I used to be” in order to avoid saying “I am old”. Litotes, therefore, is an intentional use of understatement that renders an ironical effect.

there's a few things just off the top of my head that can be argued against your awful reasoning, but just to be a nice guy i'll try not to include any argument you've brought up in a thread other then this one because that would be too easy.

The first flaw in your argument is of course that it leads to a positive result this is obviously not the case because this forum has turned to shit thanks to you an yours and your little pissing match with certain others in this forum.

The second glaring and insulting, both to math and grammar, (good looking out on the grammar part), is the idea that the second negative is somehow a positive. That's not how it works, in order for your double negative scenario to work you'd have to be negative and the result not you yourself would be the positive.

Now what does that mean in layman's terms I'll try to keep it simple in math terms, keep in mind these are only metaphors and not actually values I'm assigning but the same argument could be made for grammar
Let's say one trolling factions a -5. a seperate trolling faction comes along at a -6. By your argument that second faction is cancelling out the first but that's not how it works because double negatives in math are based on multiplication and division it's both of them acting in conjuction that creates the positive not one acting on the other for example (-5 x -6) is the same as (-6 x -5). Your grammar argument works he same way it's two bodies acting on each other at the same time that creates the positive not one on the other.

xmas1997
08-10-2014, 02:29 PM
there's a few things just off the top of my head that can be argued against your awful reasoning, but just to be a nice guy i'll try not to include any argument you've brought up in a thread other then this one because that would be too easy.

The first flaw in your argument is of course that it leads to a positive result this is obviously not the case because this forum has turned to shit thanks to you an yours and your little pissing match with certain others in this forum.

The second glaring and insulting, both to math and grammar, (good looking out on the grammar part), is the idea that the second negative is somehow a positive. That's not how it works, in order for your double negative scenario to work you'd have to be negative and the result not you yourself would be the positive.

Now what does that mean in layman's terms I'll try to keep it simple in math terms, keep in mind these are only metaphors and not actually values I'm assigning but the same argument could be made for grammar
Let's say one trolling factions a -5. a seperate trolling faction comes along at a -6. By your argument that second faction is cancelling out the first but that's not how it works because double negatives in math are based on multiplication and division it's both of them acting in conjuction that creates the positive not one acting on the other for example (-5 x -6) is the same as (-6 x -5). Your grammar argument works he same way it's two bodies acting on each other at the same time that creates the positive not one on the other.

Regardless, it was a "trivial" point not worth arguing over, unless you like getting absorbed in trivialities.
And it in no way diminishes the overall point of the thread since the dbl. neg. issue was an aside.
IMHO I posted more than enough cites to support the literary grammatical view of "dbl. negs.", and "litotes".
And it really had nothing to do with math in the first place.
I just chose to be civil about it and not insult your intelligence by pointing that out.
No offense meant.
:lol
I do appreciate the detail you went into to make your point on a trivial side issue though.

DMC
08-10-2014, 02:36 PM

Litotes
Definition of Litotes

:lmao grammer, psychology major, correct spelling right there in the quote.... :lmao... astute observer.. troll

DMC
08-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Regardless, it was a "trivial" point not worth arguing over, unless you like getting absorbed in trivialities.
And it in no way diminishes the overall point of the thread since the dbl. neg. issue was an aside.
IMHO I posted more than enough cites to support the literary grammatical view of "dbl. negs.", and "litotes".
I just chose to be civil about it and not insult your intelligence by pointing that out.
No offense meant.
I do appreciate the detail you went into to make your point on a trivial side issue though.

Low rent troll constantly using the "high road" excuse for shitty takes :lmao

xmas1997
08-10-2014, 02:39 PM
:lmao grammer, psychology major, correct spelling right there in the quote.... :lmao... astute observer.. troll

:lmao:rollin

Focusing on trivialities too, typical and predictable.

It's the easy way out.

DMC
08-10-2014, 02:40 PM

You fancy yourself creative and witty because early on you created hundreds of random user names and have a database of them. You are the trolliest here, but you're hardly witty.

DMC
08-10-2014, 02:41 PM

Focusing on trivialities too, typical and predictable.

It's the easy way out.

:lmao "I did it intentionally"
:lmao medical school failure
:lmao psychology
:lmao "they"

Avante
08-10-2014, 02:41 PM
The bottom line is real simpe here.

If you only come here to see who you can bug/bother you need to be banned. If you refuse to post threads sharing your thoughts and..only...look to bug those who do, you need to be banned.

Avante
08-10-2014, 02:42 PM
:lmao "I did it intentionally"
:lmao medical school failure
:lmao psychology
:lmao "they"

Dude, you work way to hard at looking like a jerk, why?

DMC
08-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Dude, you work way to hard at looking like a jerk, why?

You tell me, Larry.

xmas1997
08-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Low rent troll constantly using the "high road" excuse for shitty takes :lmao

So what is your justification for being such a predictable asshole and yet trying to be a wanabe troll?

It must be the result of that closed mind of yours.

You should see a doctor for that condition,

or at the very least a psychiatrist for deep seated issues because I sincerely doubt you get any permanent relief on here.

Avante
08-10-2014, 02:45 PM
You tell me, Larry.

In case ya haven't noticed little guy, I simply counter punch. Be cool with me and it will be cool.

DMC
08-10-2014, 02:52 PM
In case ya haven't noticed little guy, I simply counter punch. Be cool with me and it will be cool.

Oh gawd please whatever you do don't counter punch with a 2 page list of black runners you'll never be like.

DMC
08-10-2014, 02:54 PM
So what is your justification for being such a predictable asshole and yet trying to be a wanabe troll?

It must be the result of that closed mind of yours.

You should see a doctor for that condition,

or at the very least a psychiatrist for deep seated issues because I sincerely doubt you get any permanent relief on here.

Can I come visit you? Oh wait, you dropped out of medical school since science is faith based. How about I see a psychologist? Oh wait, you dropped out of that too since psychology is nebulous and not an exact science.

"trying to be a wanabe troll"

What university allowed you to attend their classes? Did you sue for malpractice?

xmas1997
08-10-2014, 02:54 PM

It is blatantly obvious this character has some pretty deep seated issues on here, and they probably filter out into the real world as well.

He has no sense of logic, or of civility, or even of science, and definitely not of God.

So what else is left to him? Message board trolling, and he is even worse at that.

I pity him actually, and humor him when ever possible so as to not aggravate his complexes.

You should have read his attempts to debate chinook in the Christianity thread, chinook made mincemeat of him.

And then he tried debating me on the "faith" issue and was schooled a second time.

Trainwreck2100
08-10-2014, 03:01 PM
No offense meant.
All your posts list are two other forms of double negatives which as i said in my post work in the same way as the math. It's simply two negative bodies acting on each other to form a positive.your argument relies on the speaker to be the source of the first negative to cancel out the second. Which makes no sense. For example let's say i go out and commit armed robbery against someone who armed robbed someone else, a year before. By your logic that person calling me an armed robber makes me not an armed robber because he's an armed robber and it cancels out

xmas1997
08-10-2014, 03:04 PM
All your posts list are two other forms of double negatives which as i said in my post work in the same way as the math. It's simply two negative bodies acting on each other to form a positive.your argument relies on the speaker to be the source of the first negative to cancel out the second. Which makes no sense. For example let's say i go out and commit armed robbery against someone who armed robbed someone else, a year before. By your logic that person calling me an armed robber makes me not an armed robber because he's an armed robber and it cancels out

No, I get your point and agreed with you, to a certain extent.
You do have a valid point.
Again, no offense was meant, then or now.

EDIT: By the way I have been meaning to mention to you that there is a strain of dro called trainwreck, or did you know this already? Pretty damn good too.

Aztecfan03
08-10-2014, 06:14 PM

The problem is a lot of the people you call trolls are not trolls.

xmas1997
08-10-2014, 10:47 PM
Can I come visit you? Oh wait, you dropped out of medical school since science is faith based. How about I see a psychologist? Oh wait, you dropped out of that too since psychology is nebulous and not an exact science.

"trying to be a wanabe troll"

What university allowed you to attend their classes? Did you sue for malpractice?

Just for you.

Give me a few minutes and I'll come back and edit in order to feed your fantasy world.

Here is another edit for you so you can make up shit about it. :lmao

And another one. :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
08-11-2014, 01:29 AM
xmas. you sure are easily amused. you were arguing about the semantics of 'troll' a year ago. its the exact same drivel.

spurraider21
08-11-2014, 01:31 AM
if you are trolling someone, then you are a troll. regardless of whether or not that somebody is a troll or just an average joe

Chinook
08-11-2014, 01:51 AM
Damn, DMC is ruthless when you get on his bad side. He's like the Patriots fans in the NFL Forum.

TDMVPDPOY
08-11-2014, 05:00 AM
if you are trolling someone, then you are a troll. regardless of whether or not that somebody is a troll or just an average joe

what happens if its a truthbmb?

DMC
08-11-2014, 06:47 AM
Just for you.

Give me a few minutes and I'll come back and edit in order to feed your fantasy world.

Here is another edit for you so you can make up shit about it. :lmao

And another one. :lol

I blinded you with science, but they failed you in biology.

xmas1997
08-11-2014, 08:18 AM
I blinded you with science, but they failed you in biology.

Still deep withing your fantasy world I see.
How much more do you need us to school you before you admit you were owned thoroughly?
You should man up now tbqh.

Blizzardwizard
08-11-2014, 09:05 AM
I don't see how anyone can say that this thread is not a troll thread. Started with the intent to provoke and cause argument = troll thread.

xmas1997
08-11-2014, 09:12 AM
I don't see how anyone can say that this thread is not a troll thread. Started with the intent to provoke and cause argument = troll thread.

The topic is undoubtedly trolls, there can be no dispute about that, but it is more specific in that it asks the question, is it wrong, or is it trolling, or both, to make fun of trolls.
Obviously it will be opinion based rather than factual, but we will see.

Expert
08-11-2014, 09:31 AM
How much more do you need us to school you before you admit you were owned thoroughly?

in my expert opinion, you are not correct. I think if you tried to school someone you would drop out halfway through.

xmas1997
08-11-2014, 09:35 AM
in my expert opinion, you are not correct. I think if you tried to school someone you would drop out halfway through.

You know what they say about "opinions":
they are like assholes.
Everyone has one.
And everyone thinks theirs' don't stink.

ohmwrecker
08-11-2014, 09:49 AM
"tbqh" classic lame troll m.o. tbqh

xmas1997
08-11-2014, 10:14 AM
"tbqh" classic lame troll m.o. tbqh

As a confirmed troll yourself, your trollish opinion is no stinkier than anyone else'.
:rollin

spurraider21
08-11-2014, 10:18 AM
what happens if its a truthbmb?
Ur a parrot not a troll

Expert
08-11-2014, 10:21 AM

xmas1997
08-11-2014, 10:26 AM

If you were an expert.
Since you're not, your opinion is most likely as stinky as your asshole.
But lets ask DMC who has probably experienced both.

Expert
08-11-2014, 11:00 AM
If you were an expert.

He has touched my asshole.

Expert
08-11-2014, 11:01 AM

xmas1997
08-11-2014, 11:39 AM
If you were an expert.

This is correct. And your opinion is dilettante.
Sorry to be the one to inform you of your misconception.

silverblk mystix
08-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Damn, DMC is ruthless when you get on his bad side. He's like the Patriots fans in the NFL Forum.

Unless of course you invite him to a friendly gtg -

then he isn't so ruthless - and is quite the vagina tbh.

RD2191
08-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Unless of course you invite him to a friendly gtg -

then he isn't so ruthless - and is quite the vagina tbh.

RD2191
08-11-2014, 04:23 PM
:lolRuthless? How can one be ruthless behind a keyboard? DMC is a huge faggot.

silverblk mystix
08-11-2014, 04:25 PM
:lolRuthless? How can one be ruthless behind a keyboard? DMC is a huge faggot.

Maybe the fat hands are ruthless and they destroy a few keyboards a month?

:lmao:lmao

RD2191
08-11-2014, 04:27 PM

Or bags of mini donuts. I want you in my belly!:lmao

xmas1997
08-11-2014, 04:28 PM

Or bags of mini donuts. I want you in my belly!:lmao

RD2191
08-11-2014, 04:33 PM

silverblk mystix
08-11-2014, 04:55 PM
:rollin:rollin

DMC
08-11-2014, 09:31 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/dr-evil-crying1.gif

DMC
08-11-2014, 09:32 PM
He has touched my asshole.
This is true.

Expert
08-11-2014, 09:59 PM
This is true.

No it's not.

xmas1997
08-11-2014, 10:16 PM
No it's not.

Is this your "expert" opinion too?

DMC
08-11-2014, 10:25 PM
Is this your "expert" opinion too?

You cannot trust him, playing dice with the universe... pff.

xmas1997
08-11-2014, 10:28 PM
You cannot trust him, playing dice with the universe... pff.

Hmm, I'll keep that in mind. :lol

mouse
08-12-2014, 07:59 AM
Unless you post online with the name shown on your drivers license, then you are just another internet TRoll yourself.

mouse circa 1998

xmas1997
08-12-2014, 04:20 PM
mouse circa 1998

I really don't think these new-fangled wanabe trolls that infest this site really know what a true classy troll really is.
They sure don't reflect that they do.
And even if you went into a detailed explanation, it would just go way over their heads because they don't possess the comprehension level to understand.

ohmwrecker
08-12-2014, 06:27 PM
As a confirmed troll yourself, your trollish opinion is no stinkier than anyone else'.

Psst . . . Hey . . . Everyone is a troll. Keep it on the dl.

xmas1997
08-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Psst . . . Hey . . . Everyone is a troll. Keep it on the dl.

Okay, mum's the word. :lol