PDA

View Full Version : Spurs PLayers over seas.

YODA
08-10-2014, 09:58 PM
I know we have players stashed over seas, but right now I have no idea who they are or how they are doing. Does anyone know this information?

Yoda

exstatic
08-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Javtokas and Karalauv look like prospects.

stnick2261
08-11-2014, 08:48 AM
I don't know... I don't like the way Jovtokas is always riding a motorcycle everywhere. That's just a recipe for disaster.

Drom John
08-11-2014, 08:55 AM
Davis Bertans
Nemanja Dangubic
Marcus Denmon
Adam Hanga
Robertas Javtokas
Livio Jean-Charles
Sergei Karaulov
Erazem Lorbek
Ryan Richards
Viktor Sanikidze
Deshaun Thomas

Go to Think Tank (under the Spurs tab) to find individual threads.
IMO, Jean-Charles is the best prospect. Bertans, Dangubic, Hanga and Thomas are the second tier. Denmon may force himself off the list. The rest will remain Spurs in rights only.

baseline bum
08-11-2014, 09:08 AM
IMO, Jean-Charles is the best prospect. Bertans, Dangubic, Hanga and Thomas are the second tier. Denmon may force himself off the list. The rest will remain Spurs in rights only.

Why? I looked up Jean-Charles' stats and it was like 3 PPG, 3 REB a year ago in the French league before he hurt his knee and needed surgery.

exstatic
08-11-2014, 09:11 AM
I think LJC and Bertans have a good shot. Hanga maybe. No one else will likely ever play a regular season game for SA, and that includes Thomas.

Brazil
08-11-2014, 09:12 AM
So you have:

Hanga playing in Spain. He is in his first or second year of a four year deal with Baskonia. He is worth keeping an eye on him, he improved his shooting and much better defensively

Lorbek playing for Barcelona. He is still has two years on his contract, he will then be 30 y/o. not sure we will see him in a Spurs jersey.

Bertans playing also in Spain for Baskonia. His contract was up in 2015 when he was playing for Partizan, now he signed a three years contract with Baskonia so 2017 is next window.

Livio still recovering from knee injury

Sanikidze is closing a deal with Russian team Kazan. He is now 30 y/o I doubt we will see him with a Spurs jersey

edit: See complete list of Drom John poster

Mikeanaro
08-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Lorbek must be 42 years right now.

Brazil
08-11-2014, 09:27 AM
Lorbek must be 42 years right now.

he is born in 84

and not 1884

DrunkTXLabrat
08-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Why? I looked up Jean-Charles' stats and it was like 3 PPG, 3 REB a year ago in the French league before he hurt his knee and needed surgery.

Because the Spurs drafted him, and did so in the first round. Also his nike hoops summit stats were pretty impressive. Or maybe @Drom_John just has an imagination.

exstatic
08-11-2014, 10:55 AM

He was an 18 YO playing against grown men. When matched with his age group, like at the Hoop Summit, he did quite well.

venitian navigator
08-11-2014, 11:13 AM
In the group the only one that could have a chance to play in this year's Spurs is Lorbek.
Hanga still has to show to be skilled enough.
Bertans and LJC still have to show that they can play over their injuries.
Denmon and Thomas are, and have always been, and probably always will be a very very long shot
I liked Sanikidze but probably the Spurs decided some time ago (after the summer legues he played - and played more than decently - with them probably) that he wasn't and would have never been skilled enough for a roster spot-

Lorbek, differently from all the people above, looks like has been made for Spurs basketball. Has always been skilled, has international experience and looks to have some problems with Barcelona (I thought he resigned from his contract, with a buy out).
Obviously it's a very long shot, but considering that actually our bigs, after Tim, Splitter and Diaw, are Bonner and Ayres and that baynes stilm has to sign a contract, Lorbek looks an immediate improvement that we finally could be able to have (thanks to his eventual buy out) at a decent price.

wildbill2u
08-11-2014, 12:10 PM
How many players from foreign countries have we ever seen that could come in and make a contribution in their first year? Tony and Manu. They were extraordinary talents. None of those we have stashed are anywhere near those two. All of them are projected as role players, not starters.

So I "X" out any stashed player who is 28-29 or older as they won't make the team and contribute while young enough in their career. And of the younger guys in their mid twenties, I don't think the Spurs are giving them much encouragement about coming over if they are signing new multi-year contracts.

So I'm predicting that only Livio or Bertans have much of a future here. Because of their age they have time to develop.

spurraider21
08-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Brazil if im not mistaken Bertans has a buyout clause every year, so the spurs won't have to wait until 2017 if they don't want to

Brazil
08-11-2014, 01:45 PM
Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466) if im not mistaken Bertans has a buyout clause every year, so the spurs won't have to wait until 2017 if they don't want to

you are right there is a buyout clause in his contract. He will be able to exit his deal at each end of season.

Brazil
08-11-2014, 01:48 PM
How many players from foreign countries have we ever seen that could come in and make a contribution in their first year? Tony and Manu. They were extraordinary talents. None of those we have stashed are anywhere near those two. All of them are projected as role players, not starters.

So I "X" out any stashed player who is 28-29 or older as they won't make the team and contribute while young enough in their career. And of the younger guys in their mid twenties, I don't think the Spurs are giving them much encouragement about coming over if they are signing new multi-year contracts.

So I'm predicting that only Livio or Bertans have much of a future here. Because of their age they have time to develop.

Don't forget Splitter who has been stashed for a long time and has been called mid 20's contributing a bit in his first year

Brazil
08-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Lorbek, differently from all the people above, looks like has been made for Spurs basketball. Has always been skilled, has international experience and looks to have some problems with Barcelona (I thought he resigned from his contract, with a buy out).

Lorbek's initial contract with Barcelona had a buyout clause after the second year.

Actually there was rumor and/or discussion regarding Barcelona to not renew his contract and even end the final year this year already. Moot point anyway the chances to see Lorbek play for the Spurs are slim.