PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: official who is going to win the 2015 champtionship call it now thread

m>s
08-10-2014, 10:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu6ul602HS0

King Emmanuel
08-10-2014, 10:21 PM
anybody but that polack dirk novitsky

m>s
08-10-2014, 10:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-5NGgGg4t8

m>s
08-10-2014, 10:28 PM
i think the cavs got this

elmanutres
08-10-2014, 11:21 PM
Anybody but okc Lakers houston And every one in the east besides cavs

ElNono
08-10-2014, 11:23 PM
Homer pick: 6 is coming...

http://i58.tinypic.com/j7sowo.jpg

Kool Bob Love
08-10-2014, 11:31 PM
Duncan: 6

Tired Old Shitbag Bryant: 5

http://thekobebeef.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/tim_duncan_game_over.gif

Franklin
08-10-2014, 11:36 PM
Mavs, tbh. Spurs are still the favorite but it's not gonna be easy to make the finals 3 years in a row imho, and the Mavs match up good against the Spurs (see how the Mavs with Dalembert being their only C dragged the eventual champs to game 7 the past season). Cavs look stacked on paper but chemistry is one element that you'll never know, especially when two of their big 3 play mediocre defense. The Cavs aren't as good as the 2010' Heat (with Lebron/Bosh/Whistle all in their primes). I believe that only if we can get through the Spurs in 2015, the championship is gonna be ours.

Spurs 4 The Win
08-11-2014, 12:00 AM
Mavs, tbh. Spurs are still the favorite but it's not gonna be easy to make the finals 3 years in a row imho, and the Mavs match up good against the Spurs (see how the Mavs with Dalembert being their only C dragged the eventual champs to game 7 the past season). Cavs look stacked on paper but chemistry is one element that you'll never know, especially when two of their big 3 play mediocre defense. The Cavs aren't as good as the 2010' Heat (with Lebron/Bosh/Whistle all in their primes). I believe that only if we can get through the Spurs in 2015, the championship is gonna be ours.

lol, first you gotta make the playoffs

Spurs are bringing home 6 (Leonard will have breakout year)

100%duncan
08-11-2014, 12:00 AM
Spurs. And it's not even homerism, if you look at the teams right now, no one really got significantly better that would warrant them being better than the Spurs.

kobe4life
08-11-2014, 12:06 AM
The Lakers without a doubt will win it all next year. Its going to be a shock to a lot of people much like Heat winning it in '06.

rogues
08-11-2014, 12:08 AM
Its between the Thunder and Cavs..

Spurs. And it's not even homerism, if you look at the teams right now, no one really got significantly better that would warrant them being better than the Spurs.
^homer take

100%duncan
08-11-2014, 12:12 AM
Its between the Thunder and Cavs..

^homer take

I don't know how to take you seriously after last post-season.

Nice power post, i guess?

spurraider21
08-11-2014, 12:16 AM
spurs as usual

Arcadian
08-11-2014, 12:31 AM
Spurs

rogues
08-11-2014, 12:33 AM
:lol The Spurs will not repeat

Robz4000
08-11-2014, 12:44 AM
:lol The Spurs will not repeat

Sorry BD, but after this past postseason your predictions have lost some luster. Look at the bright side tho, at least you don't have the LkrFan/old faggot curse.

As for OP, Spurs or Thunder are the only teams I see with a shot unless Love/Irving figure out how to play both sides of the ball.

Cry Havoc
08-11-2014, 12:46 AM
I definitely wouldn't take the Spurs against the field, but I would easily take them over any other team right now. I honestly don't see OKC making it back to the WCF with how loaded the West is. The East will be between Chicago and Miami, injuries permitting.

I think the Dubs have a great chance to play in the WCF if they can stay healthy.

Cavs - Spurs final - Spurs in 6.

2pac > Kobe
08-11-2014, 01:21 AM
tlong

ElNono
08-11-2014, 02:35 AM
Homer pick: 6 is coming...

* Barring injury to TD/MG/Kawhi/Patty

Texas_Ranger
08-11-2014, 02:53 AM
Spurs or OKC

Muser
08-11-2014, 03:30 AM
Spurs

-21-
08-11-2014, 05:19 AM
The Lakers without a doubt will win it all next year. Its going to be a shock to a lot of people much like Heat winning it in '06.

I have to agree with this.

:lmao

TrainOfThought5
08-11-2014, 07:24 AM
Tbh.... it would take a lot of ref help for the thunder ( the only real challenge to the spurs) to beat them. So ill go Spurs. . Then maybe OKC then Bulls.

JohnnyMax
08-11-2014, 07:44 AM
I saw flashes of Michael Jordan in Russell Westbrook. If he can make more improvements. Your looking at the best player in the NBA.

Brazil
08-11-2014, 08:03 AM
I'd give the odd to the Spurs tbh Cavs will need a bit of time. OKC is surely the biggest contender after Spurs.

I'd say something like
Spurs
OKC

Cavs

The rest

urunobili
08-11-2014, 08:44 AM
Thunder

Blizzardwizard
08-11-2014, 08:47 AM
Lol Thunder and Durbeta will be found out again come playoff time. You can hit all the crappy regular season buzzer beaters you want though Durant, go crazy kid.

gnsf0946
08-11-2014, 08:57 AM
Barring injuries Spurs or OKC imo

Henrik Sedin
08-11-2014, 09:28 AM
Spurs, Dallas, LAC, or GSW

m>s
08-11-2014, 09:30 AM
Who's going to take the battle for Europe?

lefty
08-11-2014, 09:46 AM
I saw flashes of Michael Jordan in Russell Westbrook. If he can make more improvements. Your looking at the best player in the NBA.
Are you sure it wasn't epilepsy

Cry Havoc
08-11-2014, 10:16 AM

:lmao That headcase will never win a title as a primary player on a team. Dude isn't a leader. He's the ANTITHESIS of a leader. Jordan might have had his issues but at the end of the day he was a guy who was locked in and would make the right play to win. Refsbrook is fucking disturbed. He's interested in himself 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and would rather embarrass a teammate than learn how to play the game the right way. He's going to be the next TMac, the hype talent that could never get over the hump and everyone who doesn't actually watch him play consistently will wonder why.

The best young player in the NBA is named Anthony Davis. And after that it's probably Steph Curry, who, when Refsbrook has lost his athleticism, will still be raining threes down on fools. You have the next great big and possibly the best shooter in NBA history playing right now.

lefty
08-11-2014, 10:35 AM
The best young player in the NBA is named Anthony Davis.
http://media.giphy.com/media/RS26SZVbcRjy0/giphy.gif

ambchang
08-11-2014, 10:50 AM
Favourite:
Spurs

Strong Candidates:
OKC (Still matches up with the Spurs the best. Just get rid of Brooks)
Clippers

Media Favourite that I am not sold on:
Cavs (with or without Love)

Darkhorse:
Golden States (depending on if the hype on Kerr is real)
Dallas (always a punchers chance when you have Dirk and Carlisle)
Bulls (long shot, but if Rose can bounce back full strength)
Memphis (Getting old and predictable)

Huge disappointments:
Houston

Surprises:
Washington
Atlanta

Then all the other teams.

skut_farkus
08-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Goldenstate :lol

Jenks
08-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Spurs

Goldenstate :lol
Little Stevie Kerr! Will he sink that ship faster or slower than Phoenix?

manufan10
08-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Spurs will finally repeat.

08-11-2014, 11:33 AM
If I had to choose one team, it would be a tough choice between the Spurs and Thunder. Spurs always have injury and age clouds hanging over them. Thunder had their own injury problems but their players are young and can recover quickly. Scott Brooks' coaching is just terrible but all he really needs to do is find a way to rein in on Westbrook and call a few set plays for Durant.

In the end, I would pick the Thunder. They always play well against Western Conference teams and at worst have 50-50 chances against the Spurs. They will be hungrier than the Spurs and Ibaka will always be happy to make the free jump shots the Spurs gift to him. The East is even weaker without Paul George so the Cavs should come out of the East. With Lebron needing to guard Durant, Westbrook will tear Irving apart.

Cry Havoc
08-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Favourite:
Spurs

Strong Candidates:
Clippers

Darkhorse:

Huge disappointments:
Houston

Surprises:
Washington
Atlanta

I'm not sure I'd call Chicago a Darkhorse. I mean, as things stand there's only Miami and Chicago out East right now. Wizards are there too but they're probably still a year or two away. Dallas is a perfect darkhorse and could make some serious noise next year as well.

Meanwhile, a nowhere near 100% Golden State took the Clippers to the limit (who then took pushed OKC pretty hard but didn't have the weapons). A healthy Warriors team beats the Clippers most likely and probably takes OKC to a winner take all 7th game.

I'm not that high on Stevie Kerr but I AM high on the consistency of the weapons he has at his disposal, IF they can stay healthy. That's the big question.

The West playoffs could be even more hype next year. It's lunacy. This conference is absolutely stacked.

Killakobe81
08-11-2014, 01:55 PM
I will tell you who will NOT out of so-called contenders:

1. Pacers (See below)
2. Heat (East contenders I guess but that's not saying much)
3. Bulls (Wish they could for Pau but they won't)
4. Mavs (Really Like their team and especially RC but No I think defense even with Chandler will be weak)
5. Rox (err, No! Mchale LOL)
6. Grizz (not enough perimeter scoring/shooting)

Legit contenders:

1. Spurs (Pop and crew try and repeat for the 1st time make three straight Finals both are really tough)
2. OKC (Durant takes off from Olympics to zero in on his first title I expect an epic year still need a legit #3 LOL Harden trade)
3. LAC (Blake or Paul tries to prove their MVP mettle leading CLips to a Finals. I have expected great things two years running wil Clips choke it away again)
4. Cavs (listing them here out of respect for Lebron and Love. ..mostly Lebron. This team should be better than teh first one he led to the Finals)

Nets, warriors, Wiz, etc. are not worth mentioning why they wont win it ...

Spurs 4 The Win
08-11-2014, 02:27 PM
If I had to choose one team, it would be a tough choice between the Spurs and Thunder. Spurs always have injury and age clouds hanging over them. Thunder had their own injury problems but their players are young and can recover quickly. Scott Brooks' coaching is just terrible but all he really needs to do is find a way to rein in on Westbrook and call a few set plays for Durant.

In the end, I would pick the Thunder. They always play well against Western Conference teams and at worst have 50-50 chances against the Spurs. They will be hungrier than the Spurs and Ibaka will always be happy to make the free jump shots the Spurs gift to him. The East is even weaker without Paul George so the Cavs should come out of the East. With Lebron needing to guard Durant, Westbrook will tear Irving apart.

Im not sold on that, that is a HUGE assumption

TampaDude
08-11-2014, 05:06 PM
Spurs over Cavs in 5. Book it. Book it now. :hat

jimbo
08-11-2014, 09:07 PM
I wouldn't bet on the Spurs making a 3rd straight finals, esp not after the injuries already popping up + nothing like 6 to keep them motivated. Duncan and Manu's farewell tour tbh.

So Thunder vs Cavs-- Thunder win after shitting all over the no D Cavs. (Midway through the season we're going to hear some :cry s from Lebron about their defensive intensity tbh)

Spurs 4 The Win
08-11-2014, 09:23 PM
I wouldn't bet on the Spurs making a 3rd straight finals, esp not after the injuries already popping up + nothing like 6 to keep them motivated. Duncan and Manu's farewell tour tbh.

So Thunder vs Cavs-- Thunder win after shitting all over the no D Cavs. (Midway through the season we're going to hear some :cry s from Lebron about their defensive intensity tbh)

Yeah, cuz that is what the Spurs do, they lay down as defending champs... give me a fucking break, whoever knocks us out will have to take it from our cold, dead hands, trust me, this team is gonna be every bit as good as last year

vander
08-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Favourite:
Spurs

Strong Candidates:
Clippers

Darkhorse:

Huge disappointments:
Houston

Surprises:
Washington
Atlanta

jesus christ, this thread is asking for YOUR PICK (singular, opinion)

I'm unable to homer so I pick OKC

ezau
08-11-2014, 10:00 PM
It's going to take a monumental choke job ala 6 orsome brilliant shooting/refereeing/coaching from the Thunder to beat the Spurs in a series. I'm not saying OKC can't do it, but if the Spurs play anywhere between 90-95% of their 2014 selves, no one, will beat them.

Calispursfan11
08-11-2014, 10:21 PM

This could be the first time ever I've heard that comparison lol.

Floyd Pacquiao
08-11-2014, 11:07 PM
God willing, the Spurs.

DAF86
08-11-2014, 11:36 PM
Its between the Thunder and Cavs.

:lmao People already overrating Cleveland. Sure Lebron will make them a East powerhouse but the championship is decided between OKC/San Antonio..

I'm sure this is some kind of genius troll job that is way too advanced for my normal, 21st century thinking brain.

tlongII
08-11-2014, 11:45 PM
The Blazers have to be the favorites right now.

Killakobe81
08-11-2014, 11:58 PM

Lmao

~O~
08-12-2014, 12:16 AM
Spurs.

spurraider21
08-12-2014, 01:02 AM
I'm sure this is some kind of genius troll job that is way too advanced for my normal, 21st century thinking brain.
its a power move

100%duncan
08-12-2014, 02:03 AM

Guest team imho

Raven
08-12-2014, 02:06 AM
spurs are the favs by a huge margin..

tlongII
08-12-2014, 10:14 AM
It's pretty much the Blazers...then everyone else.

lefty
08-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Blazers imo, as I think they will stay healthy

cd021
08-12-2014, 05:24 PM
I definitely wouldn't take the Spurs against the field, but I would easily take them over any other team right now. I honestly don't see OKC making it back to the WCF with how loaded the West is. The East will be between Chicago and Miami, injuries permitting.

I think the Dubs have a great chance to play in the WCF if they can stay healthy.

Cavs - Spurs final - Spurs in 6.

The warriors are going to be a pain in the ass if they stay healthy. 6 wings at are 6'7 or taller (Harrison, Barnes, Iggy, Green, Livingston Thompson) very long ans can hurt teams if they go small.

Captivus
08-12-2014, 07:09 PM
If no injuries, OKC.

Cry Havoc
08-12-2014, 07:52 PM
If no injuries, OKC.

OKC has a decent chance to beat us but NO chance of beating a LeBron led team. He matches up against them so well, and he's the one player in the league that the Thunder won't get whistles for any contact against. LeBron would eat Ibaka alive on drives and as soon as he sits, it's game over for OKC.

Seventyniner
08-12-2014, 09:43 PM

See you in June?

Hemotivo
08-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Las Espuelas de San Antonio

Captivus
08-13-2014, 07:26 AM
OKC has a decent chance to beat us but NO chance of beating a LeBron led team. He matches up against them so well, and he's the one player in the league that the Thunder won't get whistles for any contact against. LeBron would eat Ibaka alive on drives and as soon as he sits, it's game over for OKC.

I hear you...but...my rational brain tells me theres a chance Cleveland wont be a super team next season. The big 3 has never played together, and theres a chance they struggle a little next season until they find out how to play together.

But...if the big 3 works from the beginning, then yes, I agree, is Cleveland.

Cry Havoc
08-13-2014, 01:32 PM
I hear you...but...my rational brain tells me theres a chance Cleveland wont be a super team next season. The big 3 has never played together, and theres a chance they struggle a little next season until they find out how to play together.

But...if the big 3 works from the beginning, then yes, I agree, is Cleveland.

If the East had any real contenders, I wouldn't be betting on a Cavs trip to the Finals. But they don't, so I think we could see LeBron vs Spurs round 4.

jimbo
08-16-2014, 01:27 PM
Yeah, cuz that is what the Spurs do, they lay down as defending champs... give me a fucking break, whoever knocks us out will have to take it from our cold, dead hands, trust me, this team is gonna be every bit as good as last year

No repeats.

So when have they ever stood up as defending champs tbh?

Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if the team was just as good as last year's regular season team--but it'll be a while before we see a team play so good like the Spurs did after the Mavs series. That shit was just unstoppable.