PDA

View Full Version : US Military Directly Helps Supra-National Corps Exploit "communal" Property

boutons_deux
08-11-2014, 04:39 PM
US Army still screwing AmerIndians

Communal Lands: Theater of Operations for the Counterinsurgency

In 2006, a team of geographers from the University of Kansas carried out a series of mapping projects of communal lands in southern Mexico's Northern Sierra Mountains (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulIx0_Uw7vg). Coordinated by Peter Herlihy and Geoffrey B. Demarest (http://fmso.leavenworth.army.mil/documents/Property-and-Peace.pdf), a US lieutenant colonel, the objective was to achieve strategic military and geopolitical goals of particular interest for the United States. The objective was to incorporate indigenous territories into the transnational corporate model of private property, either by force or through agreements.Demarest's essential argument is that peace cannot exist without private property.

"The Bowman Expeditions (http://openanthropology.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/agsmexico.pdf) are taking places with the counterinsurgency logic of the United States, and we reported them in 2009. These expeditions were part of research regarding the geographic information that indigenous communities in the Sierra Juarez possess. The researchers hid the fact that they were being financed by the Pentagon. And we believe that this research was a type of pilot project to practice how they would undertake research in other parts of the world in relation to indigenous towns and their communal lands," said Aldo Gonzales Rojas in an interview with Truthout. A director for the Secretary of Indigenous Affairs in the state of Oaxaca, Rojas ensures that indigenous laws are being instituted and applied correctly in the state.

According to researcher and anthropologist Gilberto López y Rivas, "The agents on the expeditions consider the types of communal property (http://openanthropology.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/agsmexico.pdf) in these lands, both collective and autonomous, to be an obstacle for the development plans currently being very aggressively executed, where there is capital from mining companies, pharmaceuticals, energy companies, among others," he told Truthout. This is despite the fact that these communal lands in Mexico, for example, were recognized after the Mexican Revolution in 1910 and are lands that indigenous communities have possessed since time immemorial.

the Southern Command (http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/apjinternational/apj-s/2012/2012-2/2012_2_02_fraser_s_.pdf) of the United States military, one of the 10 command units belonging to the US military that are deployed across the world, covers the area from South America, Central America, to the Caribbean. "They have turned their gaze to see that there is no state presence and an absence of private property. They are looking for communal areas and present these areas as belonging to drug trafficking and organized crime groups. In this way the Southern Command is looking to become a partner with the governments and nonprofit organizations in Latin America, and with this in mind, for example, that operation called Continuous Mission - that promotes health services to communities - [is] another way of occupying territories and of counterinsurgency."

As the ideologue of these expeditions, Demarest considers collective land ownership to be the birthplace of delinquency and insurgency, and thus believes that collective property must be destroyed

Breeding Ground for Indigenous Movements

The "reforms" recently approved in Mexico, which include the privatization of education and petroleum resources, as well as drastic changes to Mexico’s financial sector, will have a direct impact on more than 80 million Mexicans (http://www.jornada.unam.mx/2009/07/21/index.php?section=politica&article=003n1pol), especially considering that 40 percent of spending in the public sector is financed using income from Mexican Petroleum (PEMEX). These reforms create a potential breeding ground for the intensification of new social movements in the country. Although usually pacifist in nature, historically such movements have been labeled as insurgent.

In just three federal administrations, almost the same amount of land has been conceded to mining companies as was distributed after the Mexican Revolution in 1910. Over 94 million hectares have been conceded, and a large number of these concessions are located in indigenous territories, where people were not informed of that fact.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/25444-communal-lands-theater-of-operations-for-the-counterinsurgency (http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/25444-communal-lands-theater-of-operations-for-the-counterinsurgency)

The American Military/Corporate Empire at work.

TeyshaBlue
08-12-2014, 08:32 AM
Gilberto López y Rivas?:lmao:lmao:lmao
Do you have any clue who this is?

Of course not.
:lmao truthout

boutons_deux
08-12-2014, 09:05 AM

Of course not.

enlighten us, oh snarky asshole

Demarest and US Army screwing in foreign countries is the point of the article you try to derail

TeyshaBlue
08-12-2014, 09:57 AM
:lmao
..you dont know a thing about the "article" you posted..Why dont you try researching your bullshit before posting?

TeyshaBlue
08-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Seriously, read u on the lad. Any "article" predicated upon conclusions reached by this nutbar should be looked at sideways, at least....which is far more than truthout :lmao can manage.

Winehole23
08-12-2014, 10:05 AM

Of course not.
:lmao truthoutthe Zapatistas have a horse in the race, but losing ancestral access to land farmed in common (this is ejido land, right?), if in fact that is happening, is not just a disaster for the Zapatistas. presumably, others live there.

TeyshaBlue
08-12-2014, 10:11 AM
True, however, laying this at the feet of the US military is shockingly stupid if the assertations (unsupported at that) of Rivas underpins your "article".

boutons_deux
08-12-2014, 10:22 AM
True, however, laying this at the feet of the US military is shockingly stupid if the assertations (unsupported at that) of Rivas underpins your "article".

Seems like an old story. Lots of hits for "demarest mexico" going back 10 years. Feel feel to refute them with your superior TB :lol "knowledge"

Winehole23
08-12-2014, 10:23 AM
most of what Rivas was talking about sounded like boilerplate anti-Yanquismo to me, but I can imagine where there might be a legitimate gripe buried at the bottom of BS Mountain.

TeyshaBlue
08-12-2014, 10:29 AM
Seems like an old story. Lots of hits for "demarest mexico" going back 10 years. Feel feel to refute them with your superior TB :lol "knowledge"
I already have. lol google hits meaning anything. You found a article on the internet that says what you want it to say. You post it without the slightest regard to accuracy (which is your MO), I point out that the source of your "article" is a raving nut bar and you double down on stupid.:lmao

boutons_deux
08-12-2014, 10:30 AM
TB :lol

Demarest/US Army is or has been or not been doing the mapping?

TeyshaBlue
08-12-2014, 10:31 AM
most of what Rivas was talking about sounded like boilerplate anti-Yanquismo to me, but I can imagine where there might be a legitimate gripe buried at the bottom of BS Mountain.

Thats been Rivas schtick as long as he could write.

TeyshaBlue
08-12-2014, 10:32 AM
TB :lol

Demarest/US Army is or has been or not been doing the mapping?

Mapping? Looks like it. The rest of the "article" is complete horseshit, per usual.

TeyshaBlue
08-12-2014, 10:34 AM
I already have. lol google hits meaning anything. You found a article on the internet that says what you want it to say. You post it without the slightest regard to accuracy (which is your MO), I point out that the source of your "article" is a raving nut bar and you double down on stupid.:lmao

:lmao boutons

boutons_deux
08-12-2014, 10:35 AM

does your alleged boilerplate make it any less true?

Imperial USA has fucked around in countries from the Rio Grande to the Cape of Good Hope for a couple 100 years. Monroe Doctrine and all that bullshit.

TeyshaBlue
08-12-2014, 10:38 AM

Wild Cobra
08-12-2014, 12:48 PM
..you dont know a thing about the "article" you posted..Why dont you try researching your bullshit before posting?

Please...

Do you really expect better from Shazbot?

Wild Cobra
08-12-2014, 12:51 PM

Again, what more do you expect from Shazbot?

spurraider21
08-12-2014, 05:10 PM
:cry why hasn't obama fixed this :cry

boutons_deux
08-12-2014, 11:18 PM
:cry why hasn't obama fixed this :cry

NSA/CIA/MIC are out of control, beyond civilian/political control. We are so lucky to have A Few Good Men manning the ramparts for national security

spurraider21
08-13-2014, 12:26 AM
So we should never consider foreign policy when voting for presidents or congressmen?

:lmao cheap copout. Get oblamo's cock out of your throat

Winehole23
08-13-2014, 10:39 AM
Prosonomasia plus gaybaiting seems to be the POLITICAL FORUM version of towel snapping. Boutons is one of the worst offenders.

http://books.google.com/books?id=wM2sLMbjF5EC&pg=PA286&lpg=PA286&dq=prosonomasia&source=bl&ots=XDF7uzy5J8&sig=MVc7vZ2UYK_Y1nSO2aWKpx5jWC0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=koPrU-GkAYjB8QHK2IG4BQ&ved=0CEEQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=prosonomasia&f=false

boutons_deux
08-13-2014, 10:44 AM
"So we should never consider foreign policy when voting for presidents or congressmen?"

your strawman. It was pretty clear one of the big factors in Obama 2008 win was people wanting an end to unending wars.

Tell us how, if, when Pres McLiar or Bishop Gecko or ANY Repug President would have reeled in the CIA/NSA/MIC?

boutons_deux
08-13-2014, 10:45 AM
Prosonomasia plus gaybaiting seems to be the POLITICAL FORUM version of towel snapping. Boutons is one of the worst offenders.

http://books.google.com/books?id=wM2sLMbjF5EC&pg=PA286&lpg=PA286&dq=prosonomasia&source=bl&ots=XDF7uzy5J8&sig=MVc7vZ2UYK_Y1nSO2aWKpx5jWC0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=koPrU-GkAYjB8QHK2IG4BQ&ved=0CEEQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=prosonomasia&f=false

As with punning, paronomasia is a mark literarcy and intelligence, my butthurt little stalker.

Winehole23
08-13-2014, 10:50 AM
those are the same thing, boutons

Winehole23
08-13-2014, 10:52 AM
As with punning, paronomasiaparonomasia is punning, no?

Winehole23
08-13-2014, 10:54 AM
it's a sign of acute intelligence to use insulting nicknames and puns? really?

you crrack me up.

TeyshaBlue
08-13-2014, 12:19 PM
lol boutons

boutons_deux
08-13-2014, 12:21 PM
stalker whine hole :lol

stalker TB :lol

TeyshaBlue
08-13-2014, 12:24 PM
Remember, stalking =/= mocking.
Now, go post some more bullshit you cant be bothered to research. :lmao

spurraider21
08-13-2014, 01:24 PM
I feel like boutons and Wild Cobra are literally cartoon characters. they're living caricatures of everything wrong with modern american politics :lol

boutons_deux
08-14-2014, 08:09 AM
I feel like boutons and Wild Cobra are literally cartoon characters. they're living caricatures of everything wrong with modern american politics :lol

your feelings mean shit, and your false equivalence is hilarious

TeyshaBlue
08-14-2014, 09:41 AM
You're right. Spurraider21 didn't post a bullshit OP. That was all your brilliant work. :lmao

boutons_deux
08-14-2014, 10:29 AM
You're right. Spurraider21 didn't post a bullshit OP. That was all your brilliant work. :lmao

Demarest and US Army screwing in foreign countries, to benefit US resource extractors, is the point of the article you try to derail

spurraider21
08-14-2014, 10:37 AM
your feelings mean shit, and your false equivalence is hilarious
You two need each other. Yin/yang. Matter/antimatter

TeyshaBlue
08-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Demarest and US Army screwing in foreign countries, to benefit US resource extractors, is the point of the article you try to derail

The "article" failed to substantiate any such point. It was a stupid hit piece picked up be a website that champions stupid hit pieces. The "article" is utter bullshit that provided ZERO data backing up it's assertation.
Jesus fucking Christ.