PDA

View Full Version : The Weirdest of the Weirdos: Manu Ginobili and the Spurs’ Exception to Their Rules

DAF86
08-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Sorry if already posted.

Has a few mistakes like saying Manu never lead the Spurs in scoring but it's an article sucking Manu's balls so it's all good.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-weirdest-of-the-weirdos-manu-ginobili-and-the-spurs-exception-to-their-rules/

:cry Manu, more than anyone, represents what the Spurs are really about — being great and being different, all at the same time.

ducks, hater, jARS mEsH sEt, Skull-1, TheGreatYacht and the rest of you awesome Spurs fans come and enjoy this beatiful piece :cry

wildbill2u
08-11-2014, 08:08 PM
You know its great to see all these Manu collections. I remember how disappointed I was at George Gervin's retirement dinner when they showed some highlights and the collection was too sparse to really appreciate what he could and did do. A lot of the video or film in those days was simply thrown away.

SupremeGuy
08-11-2014, 10:15 PM
You know its great to see all these Manu collections. I remember how disappointed I was at George Gervin's retirement dinner when they showed some highlights and the collection was too sparse to really appreciate what he could and did do. A lot of the video or film in those days was simply thrown away.That's sad, tbh. :cry

PÒÓCH
08-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Tim Duncan is unquestionably the heart and soul of the Spurs, the beacon that guides the team. Tony Parker is the team’s best player. Kawhi Leonard is the future. R.C. Buford is the architect and Gregg Popovich is the hand on the wheel. But Manu, more than anyone, represents what the Spurs are really about — being great and being different, all at the same time.

Pound the rock
08-11-2014, 11:02 PM
He's one one of a kind, awesome to watch

pookenstein
08-12-2014, 05:23 AM
Jawdropping.
sV-HXok_ysw

MmP
08-12-2014, 08:41 AM
The funny thing is that 2002-2006 Manu was even greater, more exciting and far more entertaing to watch and praise in articles. But media refused to acknowledge that for some reason. They seem to recognise this old Manu version, which has some shades of the vintage.

bigfan
08-12-2014, 10:27 AM
As a 30+ year Spurs fan all I can say is enjoy this last year or two with Manu and Duncan. We know and dread the day is coming.

Dingle Barry
08-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Tim Duncan is unquestionably the heart and soul of the Spurs, the beacon that guides the team. Tony Parker is the team’s best player. Kawhi Leonard is the future. R.C. Buford is the architect and Gregg Popovich is the hand on the wheel. But Manu, more than anyone, represents what the Spurs are really about — being great and being different, all at the same time.
Pop is the architect. Buford is a draftsman.

PÒÓCH
08-12-2014, 10:43 PM
Pop is the truck driver and R.C. is the Diesel mechanic.

Tim_5rings
09-05-2014, 05:41 AM
Manu is a in my opinion top 3 talent of the decade (all positions include)_He is 120% in excellence but also 120% in mediocrity
He has a unorthodox game and 100% of cases attempt a pass who is either 50% assist of the year or 50% pass intercepted while his teammates wouldn't try that pass, he shoot in first-intent
for me he is the real HERO-Baller (not pejorative in my mind) but he can take the rebound, take the steal or made the shoot / dunk that will change the momentum and lifted the crowd
Pop said himself:

"I went from trading him on the spot to wanting to cook him breakfast tomorrow. That's the truth."

He's uncontrollable, plays without follow the system, and follow his instinct sometimes & when the shots (or other things) are made it's great, when they doesn't it's awful

But I am never judge a player about % FG it's the most alternative thing of the game
sometimes shoot just doesn't go in(His Airness himself or Kobe has that kind of game sometimes & even in Finals). And it's the same cases for every player of the league TP or Danny .....