PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Worth the hype?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-12-2014, 11:54 AM
I've figured they would be a top five team this year, but I've been reading some of the opinions of basketball 'experts', and some think they can challenge for the top seed this year.

Most have them a 3 seed in the West next year.

This is their line-up:
C - Tyson Chandler
PF - Dirk
SF - Parsons
SG - Ellis
PG - Felton

Jameer Nelson
Crowder
Beaubois
Richard Jefferson
Wright
Ricky Ledo
Devin Harris

Jodelo
08-12-2014, 11:58 AM
I've figured they would be a top five team this year, but I've been reading some of the opinions of basketball 'experts', and some think they can challenge for the top seed this year.

This is their line-up:
C - Tyson Chandler
PF - Dirk
SF - Parsons
SG - Ellis
PG - Felton

Jameer Nelson
Crowder
Beaubois
Richard Jefferson
Wright
Ricky Ledo
Devin Harris

Kill yourself!

spurraider21
08-12-2014, 12:09 PM
i said i thought they'd be better, but i dont know about top 3 seed. i still think spurs/thunder/clippers are the elite, and dallas can push for any spot after that depending on health

im also assuming nelson starts over felton

Phillip
08-12-2014, 12:25 PM
I've only seen one person who has said they have such high hopes for the Mavs, and thats Max Kellerman. Who are all these experts that are calling the Mavs a top 3 seed?

mavsfan1000
08-12-2014, 12:27 PM
Need more defense. Lol at Felton starting.

Mori Chu
08-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Is there a single player on the Mavs who isn't:

a) fat
b) old
c) white
d) a criminal
e) all of the above?

LMAO :lol Mavs

skut_farkus
08-12-2014, 12:35 PM
Suns fan talking shit :lol

Jodelo
08-12-2014, 12:39 PM

a) fat
b) old
c) white
d) a criminal
e) all of the above?

But did they get in?

urunobili
08-12-2014, 12:42 PM
no Blair? :wow

spurraider21
08-12-2014, 12:48 PM
yeah, you basically have Chandler then 4 starters who are below average/average at best defensively. i think that limits their upside, but they'll be potent enough for a top 5 seed

SPM
08-12-2014, 01:36 PM

a) fat
b) old
c) white
d) a criminal
e) all of the above?

You're a suns fan bro.

SPM
08-12-2014, 01:40 PM
As far as the Mavs go..... adding Tyson Chandler and Chandler Parsons is huge, two spots they were weakest at last year improved greatly. Having Nelson, Harris, and Felton replacing Calderon is no worse than a lateral move. They'll miss Vince... but if Jefferson or Aminu can hold it down.. they should be alright. I think top 4 seed

Clipper Nation
08-12-2014, 01:40 PM

a) fat
b) old
c) white
d) a criminal
e) all of the above?

They got in.

Dick Jones
08-12-2014, 01:43 PM

a) fat
b) old
c) white
d) a criminal
e) all of the above?

:lmao but still better than the Suns. Plus the entire Mavericks team took a gigantic shit on you and your postseason predictions.

DJR210
08-12-2014, 04:08 PM
no Blair? :wow

He's in DC now broski

Holden_Caulfield
08-12-2014, 04:20 PM
3 years too late :lol

cd021
08-12-2014, 05:15 PM

This is their line-up:
C - Tyson Chandler
PF - Dirk
SF - Parsons
SG - Ellis
PG - Felton

Jameer Nelson
Crowder
Beaubois
Richard Jefferson
Wright
Ricky Ledo
Devin Harris

I would think Harris or Nelson would start. a 4 man guard core of Harris, Nelson, Eliis and Felton. Ray will probably be the backup SG

cd021
08-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Spurs
OKC
Clippers
Mavs
GSW
Grizzlies
Rockets
Blazers

mavsfan1000
08-12-2014, 05:20 PM
Spurs
OKC
Clippers
Mavs
GSW
Grizzlies
Rockets
Blazers
Lol Rockets making the playoffs.

cd021
08-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Lol Rockets making the playoffs.

I don't even know if the Suns are going to have Bledsoe next season. They still are out of the playoffs imo The Rockets are a playoff team but they shot themselves in the foot by losing Parsons, Lin and Asik only to get Ariza.

A dark horse team to make a pus for the playoffs could be Denver but a ton of things would have to go right for them.

2pac > Kobe
08-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Tbh i think someone on their team will have a season ending injury (dirk, tyson, ellis, someone else, etc) imo

mavsfan1000
08-12-2014, 05:38 PM
I don't even know if the Suns are going to have Bledsoe next season. They still are out of the playoffs imo The Rockets are a playoff team but they shot themselves in the foot by losing Parsons, Lin and Asik only to get Ariza.

A dark horse team to make a pus for the playoffs could be Denver but a ton of things would have to go right for them.
I see a bigger dropoff than you after losing Parsons. Harden can't do all the scoring. Houston will miss the playoffs.

rogues
08-12-2014, 05:42 PM
I see a bigger dropoff than you after losing Parsons. Harden can't do all the scoring. Houston will miss the playoffs.
:lol I hate that metrosexual faggot Parsons as much as the next guy but Rocketfan has been pimping the Ariza acquisition throughout the offseason..

Splits
08-12-2014, 05:53 PM

Dwight can carry a 2nd banana like Harden to the playoffs. As long as that banana doesn't fuck up all team chemistry by balhogging and being a cancer in the locker room like Kirby. Rockets will get in.

rogues
08-12-2014, 05:58 PM
:lol the Rockets will make the playoffs..they're just a shittier version of the Thunder, though..so expect a first round exit again..

mavsfan1000
08-12-2014, 06:04 PM
:lol the Rockets will make the playoffs..they're just a shittier version of the Thunder, though..so expect a first round exit again..
The west is loaded. A little dropoff and you are out of the playoffs unless you are the Spurs, Thunder, or Clippers.

mavsfan1000
08-12-2014, 06:16 PM
1. Spurs
2. Thunder
3. Clippers
4. Blazers
5. Warriors
6. Grizzlies
7. Mavs
8. Suns

Splits
08-12-2014, 07:04 PM
NLS owning fools: http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/dictator-litter-trays-are-the-perfect-accessory-for-the-poli

Franklin
08-12-2014, 11:17 PM
As you see we're super thin in the paint. Blair is gone and Wright is the only serviceable big to play off the bench, need to sign some cheap bigs badly tbh.

Cry Havoc
08-12-2014, 11:25 PM
Mavs have a terrible bench and will get massacred at point in the playoffs. Solid starting 4 + Felton, if they get a seed other than 7 or 8 they could be a solid upset pick.

DMC
08-12-2014, 11:40 PM
Fatone can shape up, and the Mavs were the only team to really push the Spurs in the playoffs. I'd not be surprised to see them make a deep push, kind of like how Kobe did with Katelyn.

DMC
08-12-2014, 11:41 PM
:lol I hate that metrosexual faggot Parsons as much as the next guy but Rocketfan has been pimping the Ariza acquisition throughout the offseason..
I like Parsons. I think he'd be deadly on the Spurs roster, simply because he'd get open looks.

100%duncan
08-12-2014, 11:44 PM
Top 5-8 in the west imo

Mori Chu
08-13-2014, 10:30 AM
Mavs will be a 6-8 seed and lose in the first round. Now, my SUNS will do the same, but the difference is, my SUNS are a young team on the rise, while Mavs are busted old TOSBs with max contracts and high expectations.

Malik Hairston
08-13-2014, 10:50 AM
Mavs are becoming a little overrated, tbh, people are putting way too much stock into their first round series with the Spurs..they'll be anywhere from 4th to 6-7th IMO, but not a legit contender, too many flaws and question marks..

Phoenix is going to take a step backwards, I don't know why anybody assumes they'll even contend for a playoff spot..they caught the league by surprise last season, I doubt Gerald Green replicates his performance, and Bledsoe may not even play for them..

Portland is going to regress, too, as they were already showing signs of decline during the 2nd half of last year's season, until getting hot vs. Houston..

Dick Jones
08-13-2014, 11:31 AM
Mavs will be a 6-8 seed and lose in the first round. Now, my SUNS will do the same, but the difference is, my SUNS are a young team on the rise, while Mavs are busted old TOSBs with max contracts and high expectations.
"All NBA teams that have won a championship will wear a small gold tab on their back jersey collars starting with the 2014-15 season"

:lmao suns
:lmao no gold tab

spurraider21
08-13-2014, 11:53 AM
Mavs have a terrible bench and will get massacred at point in the playoffs. Solid starting 4 + Felton, if they get a seed other than 7 or 8 they could be a solid upset pick.
Nelson will probably be the 5th starter with Harris getting backup duties. Felton was just a contract they had to take on in the Chandler trade

TD 21
08-13-2014, 08:44 PM
Mavs are becoming a little overrated, tbh, people are putting way too much stock into their first round series with the Spurs..they'll be anywhere from 4th to 6-7th IMO, but not a legit contender, too many flaws and question marks..

Phoenix is going to take a step backwards, I don't know why anybody assumes they'll even contend for a playoff spot..they caught the league by surprise last season, I doubt Gerald Green replicates his performance, and Bledsoe may not even play for them..

Portland is going to regress, too, as they were already showing signs of decline during the 2nd half of last year's season, until getting hot vs. Houston..

Agreed. This is a clear 2nd tier West team (along with, in no order, the Grizzlies, Warriors, Trail Blazers and Rockets), with zero chance to contend for the championship.

They've sucked people in by doing the same thing (miss on an actual star, prop up their prized acquisition as if they were one, overhaul the remainder of the roster with past their prime name players and former prospects who haven't lived up to the hype) so many times that I've lost count. Granted, a lot of it this time probably has to do with their fools gold playoff series with the Spurs, but still.

TampaDude
08-13-2014, 08:54 PM
Fatone can shape up, and the Mavs were the only team to really push the Spurs in the playoffs. I'd not be surprised to see them make a deep push, kind of like how Kobe did with Katelyn.

TBH, if not for VC's bullshit buzzer beater, the Spurs win that series in 5.

But yeah, the Mavs should be pretty good this year.

Bill_Brasky
08-13-2014, 09:09 PM
mavs/spurs wcf.....one last dance.