PDA

View Full Version : Made in the USA

Wild Cobra
08-12-2014, 03:55 PM
I do my best to buy products made in America. The one item I haven't bought yet that I have been shopping for is new flatware. I've been looking, and just about everything is made in China. When I checked the web and found a brand labeled as made in the USA, it wasn't.

Any ideas?

Avante
08-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Whole other thing going on over there in those Asian countries.

We were in Tokyo tied up right next to a Japanese cruiser. There we were hanging on the life line, some smoking a cigarette watching the Japanese navy doing jumping jacks. Then afterwards, toe touchs. All of them very robotic, very disciplined. I saw that same sort of thing in Hong Kong and Thailand. Honor a big thing also.

The Asians are far better workers than us Americans, they take pride in what they do while we worry about what time is it and getting out of there. I don't buy American.

TeyshaBlue
08-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Thanks Capt non sequitur.

Literally the first google hit:

https://www.libertytabletop.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw9qafBRCRiYrL4-fpuFkSJACvocQ1iMHj3YIbqFdVc8UGyT0-iv_madPuI1848sbt10iRSBoC8Gzw_wcB

Blake
08-12-2014, 04:23 PM
I do my best to buy products made in America. The one item I haven't bought yet that I have been shopping for is new flatware. I've been looking, and just about everything is made in China. When I checked the web and found a brand labeled as made in the USA, it wasn't.

Any ideas?

Liberty Tabletop brand stainless steel flatware is proudly manufactured by American craftsmen, right here in the USA!

Created with pride in a Sherrill, NY factory that has been producing quality flatware for over a century, Liberty Tabletop offers a variety of patterns to compliment most any tableware, or situation.Browse our patterns, or read on below to learn more about the quality features & benefits found in our American made flatware!

https://www.libertytabletop.com/?gclid=CJTGw-zTjsACFfA-Mgod9HkAmA

How is it that you were able to triangulate coordinates of an unsuspecting female's place of residence, yet are unable to perform a 3 second google search

RD2191
08-12-2014, 04:25 PM
Yeah, libertytabletop, tbh. Did you even Google?

Blake
08-12-2014, 04:25 PM
Whole other thing going on over there in those Asian countries.

We were in Tokyo tied up right next to a Japanese cruiser. There we were hanging on the life line, some smoking a cigarette watching the Japanese navy doing jumping jacks. Then afterwards, toe touchs. All of them very robotic, very disciplined. I saw that same sort of thing in Hong Kong and Thailand. Honor a big thing also.

The Asians are far better workers than us Americans, they take pride in what they do while we worry about what time is it and getting out of there. I don't buy American.

In first with Olongapo child prostitution reference

xmas1997
08-12-2014, 05:10 PM
I think ikea flatware (Scandinavian) is made in the USA.

Wild Cobra
08-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Yeah, libertytabletop, tbh. Did you even Google?
Yes.

Did you read and understand the OP?

When I checked the web and found a brand labeled as made in the USA, it wasn't.

Wild Cobra
08-12-2014, 07:00 PM

https://www.libertytabletop.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw9qafBRCRiYrL4-fpuFkSJACvocQ1iMHj3YIbqFdVc8UGyT0-iv_madPuI1848sbt10iRSBoC8Gzw_wcB

Aparently, I'm not as good at googling as people think.

Thank-You.

I may end up going with them, but I would prefer to find a brand that I can find and support a local retailer with, and actually see it first.

lefty
08-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Murica makes good razors

Gillette FTW

leemajors
08-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Murica makes good razors

Gillette FTW

Overpriced crap, dollarshaveclub.com ftw if you are into that barbaric practice of shaving tbh

DJR210
08-12-2014, 10:31 PM

Damn WC, this man just got a double bypass and was able to find it no problem..Step your game up son.

You're still the expert on Google regardless of this mishap.

Wild Cobra
08-13-2014, 12:01 AM
Damn WC, this man just got a double bypass and was able to find it no problem..Step your game up son.

You're still the expert on Google regardless of this mishap.

Well, unlike the idiots that believe everything they see on the web, I like to verify. In the OP, I said:

When I checked the web and found a brand labeled as made in the USA, it wasn't.

What I did was found a retailer that sold the same one listed as "made in the USA" and went to buy it. When I got to the store, the package had a USA address and USA name, but the product said "made in China."

Sorry, I'm not ignorant like you fools.

DJR210
08-13-2014, 02:58 AM
Well, unlike the idiots that believe everything they see on the web, I like to verify. In the OP, I said:

What I did was found a retailer that sold the same one listed as "made in the USA" and went to buy it. When I got to the store, the package had a USA address and USA name, but the product said "made in China."

Sorry, I'm not ignorant like you fools.

:lmao didn't read

lefty
08-13-2014, 09:05 AM
Overpriced crap, dollarshaveclub.com ftw if you are into that barbaric practice of shaving tbh
You don't shave ?

Meh a blade lasts me quite a while, so DSC can go suck a big fat one

leemajors
08-13-2014, 09:55 AM
You don't shave ?

Meh a blade lasts me quite a while, so DSC can go suck a big fat one

I haven't had a razor touch my face in just over 10 years. Irritates the shit outta my neck tbh.

lefty
08-13-2014, 10:40 AM
I haven't had a razor touch my face in just over 10 years. Irritates the shit outta my neck tbh.
beard trimmer? electric razor?

leemajors
08-13-2014, 10:48 AM
beard trimmer? electric razor?

usually just scissors, beard trimmer occasionally. electric razors kinda suck if you have thick facial hair. my employer gives zero shits about that kinda stuff

lefty
08-13-2014, 12:02 PM
usually just scissors, beard trimmer occasionally. electric razors kinda suck if you have thick facial hair. my employer gives zero shits about that kinda stuff
A lot of employers are cool with it today

As long as you trim the beard regularly and keep the neck clean shaven

Is Norelco a good brand?

Mark in Austin
08-13-2014, 02:44 PM
What I did was found a retailer that sold the same one listed as "made in the USA" and went to buy it. When I got to the store, the package had a USA address and USA name, but the product said "made in China"

Just to be clear, you're saying Liberty Tabletop products are made in China?

johnsmith
08-13-2014, 03:02 PM

Have you actually used dollarshave club? How is it?

Wild Cobra
08-13-2014, 03:05 PM
Just to be clear, you're saying Liberty Tabletop products are made in China?

LOL...

It never amazes me the assumptions people here come to.

-NO-

johnsmith
08-13-2014, 03:09 PM
LOL...

It never amazes me the assumptions people here come to.

-NO-

Lol...I like how YOU are judging others.

leemajors
08-13-2014, 04:07 PM
Have you actually used dollarshave club? How is it?

I have not personally, but two friends switched to it and really like it, I think they got the two blade ones. Gillette blades are expensive.

johnsmith
08-13-2014, 05:15 PM
I have not personally, but two friends switched to it and really like it, I think they got the two blade ones. Gillette blades are expensive.

I think I'm gonna try it...replacement blades for the Quattro or whatever the fuck I have are such ripoffs

The Gemini Method
08-13-2014, 06:29 PM

I think I'm gonna try it...replacement blades for the Quattro or whatever the fuck I have are such ripoffs

The blades are ok. They don't seem to last if you need to shave constantly like I do. I have a beard now because my lady friend digs it so I don't use mine. They'll get the job done but they won't really change all that much but maybe the price.