PDA

View Full Version : Do Any Of You Body Build???

Buddy Mignon
08-12-2014, 04:24 PM
No, not Tae Bo, or Richard Simmons Sweating To The Oldies type workouts. I'm talking serious weight training. I think its time for me to step my physique game up. I got the mouth piece and the Hershey bar looks, but I saw this cat step up in the lounge a few weeks ago and I swear... every honey dip up in that joint paused. I'm not trying to get all SWOL!!! I'm 6'1, 190, like an ex NFL free safety kind of build. And don't go pulling up no pictures of 60 year old Ronnie Lott... you fuckers. Luva is looking for some advice on where to start.

DJR210
08-12-2014, 04:29 PM
I would say not watching Naruto anymore would be a good start

RD2191
08-12-2014, 04:35 PM
http://resultsmedical.com/page13/files/burn-injury-2.jpg

Clipper Nation
08-12-2014, 04:43 PM
:lol

lefty
08-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Lirl

spurraider21
08-12-2014, 04:54 PM
:lmao bitter asian male muddling his way through life

2pac > Kobe
08-12-2014, 05:27 PM
I wont lie, the lol thread was funny as fuck goat thread tbh, but leave this nigga alone shit was like 3 years ago imo

spurraider21
08-12-2014, 05:34 PM
I wont lie, the lol thread was funny as fuck goat thread tbh, but leave this bitter asian male muddling his way through life alone shit was like 3 years ago imo
fify

DJR210
08-12-2014, 05:38 PM
fify

2pac > Kobe
08-12-2014, 05:41 PM
fify
http://oi60.tinypic.com/2ns72w5.jpg

Avante
08-12-2014, 06:23 PM
Be prepared to change your diet, if you aren't going to be doing that you are wasting your time.

Also be prepared to make sacrifices. You can't live as you have been....if...you plan on making some dramatic changes in your physique.

You need to make a genuine commitment to this, it cannot be half assed. And yes there is no truer statement than....NO PAIN NO GAIN.

Are you really ready to make those sacrifices and have a pitbull mentality about this, are you willing to do things differently starting with your diet? If so I can help you, if not why waste my time?

ohmwrecker
08-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Nobody asked you, Tubby.

Avante
08-12-2014, 06:49 PM
Nobody asked you, Tubby.

So when you do post here, why am I the one you just have to bother? Dude, please grow up, ok? Your immaturity coupled with your stupidity is a bad bad combo, ok?

Notice how you totally ignored the topic....again! Come on asshole stop being a worthless prick, ok?

Twisted_Dawg
08-12-2014, 08:19 PM
If you've never spent much time in a gym, then hire a trainer who can teach you proper form and technique. And don't hire some hot bitch trainer. Hire an experienced male trainer that is a bit sadistic that you fear. As Avante said, you'll need to get real serious on diet. Most serious lifters aren't big drinkers so you need to limit alcohol. Be prepared to spend a minimum of 4 days a week in the gym, preferably 5-6 days. It's like a religion so take it real fucking serious. And please don't be one of those fuckheads that waste half his gym time fucking around with his god damn phone. In fact, leave it in your locker. Get back to us in 6 months with before and afters.

Clipper Nation
08-12-2014, 08:20 PM
Be prepared to change your diet, if you aren't going to be doing that you are wasting your time.

Also be prepared to make sacrifices. You can't live as you have been....if...you plan on making some dramatic changes in your physique.

You need to make a genuine commitment to this, it cannot be half assed. And yes there is no truer statement than....NO PAIN NO GAIN.

Are you really ready to make those sacrifices and have a pitbull mentality about this, are you willing to do things differently starting with your diet? If so I can help you, if not why waste my time?
Why is a known fatass giving bodybuilding advice?

DMC
08-12-2014, 08:47 PM
Why is a known fatass giving bodybuilding advice?
Have you seen his drawings of himself? He might look like a reject from a Love Boat episode IRL, but in his mind, he's Thor.

Koolaid_Man
08-12-2014, 08:50 PM
No, not Tae Bo, or Richard Simmons Sweating To The Oldies type workouts. I'm talking serious weight training. I think its time for me to step my physique game up. I got the mouth piece and the Hershey bar looks, but I saw this cat step up in the lounge a few weeks ago and I swear... every honey dip up in that joint paused. I'm not trying to get all SWOL!!! I'm 6'1, 190, like an ex NFL free safety kind of build. And don't go pulling up no pictures of 60 year old Ronnie Lott... you fuckers. Luva is looking for some advice on where to start.

^ didn't know we frequented the same spots homie...you should have hollered at a nigga when I fell through ...:lmao

DMC
08-12-2014, 08:53 PM
^ didn't know we frequented the same spots homie...you should have hollered at a nigga when I fell through ...:lmao

You go to Narutoland as well?

Koolaid_Man
08-12-2014, 08:57 PM

leave me alone bro...I don't feel like your shit tonight...leave me be DMC....

DMC
08-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Looking for a Connection - 12-19-2011, 01:29 PM

こんにちは forum,

I am waiting for that special someone. Luva has dated and been disappointed by the offerings out there, to many women seem to care only about comparing me to ohter guys they have dated, and then they don't hang around long enough to really get to know the silky smoothness of Luva.

I've tried the dating website thing, but those girls are often guys, and I've been embarrassed at least once, well into a date when the truth rudely flops out. pokes out or, on one occasion, is "formally introduced" to me.

I would like to keep it simple though, Japanese women only and even then I am not interested in fat ones. You can be fat on your own time, that's fine, I don't have anything against you, I just like my softness in specific areas, not all over.

Let me break it down for you though:

I am a Pakistani male, age ... let's say less than 35 but old enough to be well versed in the finer sex.

I am a fantastic lover, and I can cook. I have the full collection of Naruto Shippuden. I have action figures and one of my hobbies is to spend days going around my apartment being the Ghost of Gashir. It's really fun to escape into a different world.

I am a professional restuaranteur, with emphasis on fine dining. I am not overweight, in fact I would say I am slim.

I was an all star in high school basketball, and I can still keep it wet from downtown if you know what I mean.

Drop me a PM, let me know about you though, like what do you think of me?

I also love the Lakers, most of all, and even though I have considered becoming a Heat fat, I will probably just keep my head down until this mediocer craze blows over.

Thanks for reading..

Luva

DMC
08-12-2014, 09:04 PM
07-24-2011, 10:27 AM

Preach on! I don't have a lot of stuff, and I don't need much to survive. I have my DVD player, my Naruto collectables and a Kobe Bryant bobblehead that I keep on my night stand. It actually has a light inside so I hope to find a converter when I come to Japan. I also have some tract lighting but I would let that go before I left here.

I think small things are cute. I have often wanted to miminize my possessions and just exist as the Ghost of Gashir, but we know that's probably just a fantasy.

DMC
08-12-2014, 09:07 PM
leave me alone bro...I don't feel like your shit tonight...leave me be DMC....

A aint armed bro

Bill_Brasky
08-12-2014, 09:31 PM
Im swole as shit

Not really but i work out a little. Id like for this thread to become serious but theres not a lot of hope seeing as naruto boy created it.

Reck
08-12-2014, 09:34 PM
:lmao bitter asian male muddling his way through life

LOL @6'1, 190 pounds.

Asians barely top 5'5 and are like 120 pounds. :lol

Franklin
08-12-2014, 10:55 PM
Just ask my nigga Chris Evans how much he sacrificed to gain those badass muscles. I've also been training muscles lately but damn it I'm never gonna be a body builder something, the process is too painful tbh. However, I look so good I don't need to be super hunky to make bitches wet their panties as soon as they see me, tbh.

Avante
08-12-2014, 11:19 PM
All that shit above yet nobody talked about what the guy really needs, why am I not surprised? Way too many dumb kids here, wow!

First off in the beginning you want it simple and fast, the most important factor is doing it. Getting into a routine. If it's too long and too complex it's too easy to find reasons to do other things. All you want to do is lay a foundation. This does depend on the individual but three months should work. You spend three months getting used to a routine and laying that foundation. After three months you then start building on that foundation.

You will only want a few basic exercises. Too much tends to discourage beginners.

Do this every other day for a month using weights where the last set gives you ....the burn.

1.Bench 3 sets of 12
2.Squats one long set until ....the burn
3.Curls 3 sets of 12
4.Standing dumbbell flyes 3 sets of 12
5.Bent over rows 3 sts of 12

That's it, real easy, real quick.

Now after a month add weight (whatever works) and do 3 sets of 10

Yep, after that month add weight and do 3 sets of 8

Obviously if ya lift alone you can't take the bench too far. Don't get macho there, you will regret it. If you lift with somebody who can spot, cool, go for it.

All you wanted to do there is get into it, wake your muscles up, lay that foundation.

After those first three months, well.........do the three months then we'll talk.

DMC
08-12-2014, 11:27 PM
All that shit above yet nobody talked about what the guy really needs, why am I not surprised? Way too many dumb kids here, wow!First off in the beginning you want it simple and fast, the most important factor is doing it. Getting into a routine. If it's too long and too complex it's too easy to find reasons to do other things. All you want to do is lay a foundation. This does depend on the individual but three months shouldAll that shit above yet nobody talked about what the guy really needs, why am I not surprised? Way too many dumb kids here, wow!First off in the beginning you want it simple and fast, the most important factor is doing it. Getting into a routine. If it's too long and too complex it's too easy to find reasons to do other things. All you want to do is lay a foundation. This does depend on the individual but three months should work. You spend three months getting used to a routine and laying that foundation. After three months you then start building on that undation.
You will only want a few basic exercises. Too much tends to discourage beginners.Do this every other day for a month using weights where the last set gives you ....the burn.1.Bench 3 sets of 12
2.Squats one long set until ....the burn3.Curls 3 sets of 124.Standing dumbbell flyes 3 sets of 125.Bent over rows 3 sts of 12That's it, real easy, real quick.Now after a month add weight (whatever orks) and do 3 sets of 10Yep, after that month add weight and do 3 sets of 8bviously if ya lift alone you can't take the bench too far. Don't get macho there, you will regret it. If you lift with somebody who can spot, cool, go for it.All you wanted to do there is get into it, wake your muscles up, lay that foundation.After those first three months, well.........do the three months then we'll talk. work. You spend three months getting used to a routine and laying that foundation. After three months you then start building on that undaou will only want a few basic exercises. Too much tends toAll that shit above yet nobody talked about what the guy really needs, why am I not surprised? Way too many dumb kids here, wow!First off in the beginning you want it simple and fast, the most important factor is doing it. Getting into a routine. If it's too long and too complex it's too easy to find reasons to do other things. All you want to do is lay a foundation. This does depend on the individual but three months should work. You spend three months getting used to a routine and laying that foundation. After three months you then start building on that undationonly want a few basic exercises. Too much tends to discourage beginners.Do this every other day for a month using weights where the last set gives you ....the burn.1.Bench 3 sets of 122.Squats one long set until ....the burn3.Curls 3 sets of 124.Standing dumbbell flyes 3 sets of 125.Bent over rows 3 sts of 12That's it, real easy, real quick.Now after a month add weight (whatever orks) and do 3 sets of 10Yep, after that month add weight and do 3 sets of 8bviously if ya lift alone you can't take the bench too far. Don't get macho there, you will regret it. If you lift with somebody who can spot, cool, go for it.All you wanted to do there is get into it, wake your muscles up, lay that foundation.After those first three months, well.........do the three months then we'll talk. discourage beginners.Do this every other day for a monAll that shit above yet nobody talked about what the guy really needs, why am I not surprised? Way too many dumb kids here, wow!First off in the beginning you want it simple and fast, the most important factor is doing it. Getting into a routine. If it's too long and too complex it's too easy to find reasons to do other things. All you want to do is lay a foundation. This does depend on the individual but three months should work. You spend three months getting used to a routine and laying that foundation. After three months you then start building on that undation.
You will only want a few basic exercises. Too much tends to discourage beginners.Do this every other day for a month using weights where the last set gives you ....the burn.1.Bench 3 sets of 12
2.Squats one long set until ....the burn3.Curls 3 sets of 124.Standing dumbbell flyes 3 sets of 125.Bent over rows 3 sts of 12That's it, real easy, real quick.Now after a month add weight (whatever orks) and do 3 sets of 10Yep, after that month add weight and do 3 sets of 8bviously if ya lift alone you can't take the bench too far. Don't get macho there, you will regret it. If you lift with somebody who can spot, cool, go for it.All you wanted to do there is get into it, wake your muscles up, lay that foundation.After those first three months, well.........do the three months then we'll talk.th using weights where the last set gives you All that shit above yet nobody talked about what the guy really needs, why am I not surprised? Way too many dumb kids here, wow!First off in the beginning you want it simple and fast, the most important factor is doing it. Getting into a routine. If it's too long and too complex it's too easy to find reasons to do other things. All you want to do is lay a foundation. This does depend on the individual but three months should work. You spend three months getting used to a routine and laying that foundation. After three months you then start building on that undatwill only want a few basic exercises. Too much tends to discourage beginners.Do this every other day for a month using weights where the last set gives you ....the burn.1.Bench 3 sets of 122.Squats one long set until ....the burn3.Curls 3 sets of 124.Standing dumbbell flyes 3 sets of 125.Bent over rows 3 sts of 12That's it, real easy, real quick.Now after a month add weight (whatever orks) and do 3 sets of 10Yep, after that month add weight and do 3 sets of 8bviously if ya lift alone you can't take the bench too far. Don't get macho there, you will regret it. If you lift with somebody who can spot, cool, go for it.All you wanted to do there is get into it, wake your muscles up, lay that foundation.After those first three months, well.........do the three months then we'll talk.....the burn.1.Bench 3 sets of 12All that shit above yet nobody talked about what the guy really needs, why am I not surprised? Way too many dumb kids here, wow!First off in the beginning you want it simple and fast, the most important factor is doing it. Getting into a routine. If it's too long and too complex it's too easy to find reasons to do other things. All you want to do is lay a foundation. This does depend on the individual but three months should work. You spend three months getting used to a routine and laying that foundation. After three months you then start building on that undation.
2.Squats one long set until ....the burn3.Curls 3 sets of 124.Standing dumbbell flyes 3 sets of 125.Bent over rows 3 sts of 12That's it, real easy, real quick.Now after a month add weight (whatever orks) and do 3 sets of 10Yep, after that month add weight and do 3 sets of 8bviously if ya lift alone you can't take the bench too far. Don't get macho there, you will regret it. If you lift with somebody who can spot, cool, go for it.All you wanted to do there is get into it, wake your muscles up, lay that foundation.After those first three months, well.........do the three months then we'll talk.2.Squats one long set until ....the burn3.Curls 3 sets of 124.Standing dumbbell flyes 3 sets of 125.Bent over rows 3 sts of 12That's it, real easy, real quick.Now after a month add weight (whatever orks) and do 3 sets of 10Yep, after that month add weight and do 3 sets of 8bviously if ya lift alone you can't take the bench too far. Don't get macho there, you will regret it. If you lift with somebody who can spot, cool, go for it.All you wanted to do there is get into it, wake your muscles up, lay that foundation.After those first three months, well.........do the three months then we'll talk.

I don't get it.

Clipper Nation
08-12-2014, 11:39 PM
All that shit above yet nobody talked about what the guy really needs, why am I not surprised? Way too many dumb kids here, wow!

First off in the beginning you want it simple and fast, the most important factor is doing it. Getting into a routine. If it's too long and too complex it's too easy to find reasons to do other things. All you want to do is lay a foundation. This does depend on the individual but three months should work. You spend three months getting used to a routine and laying that foundation. After three months you then start building on that foundation.

You will only want a few basic exercises. Too much tends to discourage beginners.

Do this every other day for a month using weights where the last set gives you ....the burn.

1.Bench 3 sets of 12
3.Curls 3 sets of 12

Obviously if ya lift alone you can't take the bench too far. Don't get macho there, you will regret it. If you lift with somebody who can spot, cool, go for it.

All you wanted to do there is get into it, wake your muscles up, lay that foundation.

After those first three months, well.........do the three months then we'll talk.

You are fat

DMC
08-12-2014, 11:53 PM
You are fat
His glasses make him seem like a body builder though, and a track star.

Avante
08-12-2014, 11:54 PM
You are fat
translation

Hey Avante what the best exercise for the triceps?

Here ya go tiny.

Take a dumbbell loaded with a weight you can stay tight with. Ya don't wanna rock or cheat with this exercise.

Now lift the weight to you shoulder and simply reverse curl it. Yep, ya lift your arm up and back. That isolates the tricep.

Another good one is dips, obviously even a dumb fuck like you knows what they are.

One more.....ya can use a coffee table or anything you can find where you can put you hands behind you and push up.

I've found with tricep work it's best to go with one long set until....the burn.

Usually you can see results in a few weeks, being you're such a little shit it will take longer for you.

Avante
08-12-2014, 11:57 PM
His glasses make him seem like a body builder though, and a track star.

Been lifting since I was 15 little man. Make that x-track star.

Avante
08-13-2014, 12:00 AM
I don't get it.

This is news?

King Emmanuel
08-13-2014, 12:03 AM
Been lifting since I was 15 little man. Make that x-track star.

how does it feel to sit back and realize that you've been alive for more than half a century?

Avante
08-13-2014, 12:06 AM
how does it feel to sit back and realize that you've been alive for more than half a century?

A hell of a lot better than it does to sit back and realize you're sitting on your head because it's stuck two feet up your ass.

King Emmanuel
08-13-2014, 12:07 AM
A hell of a lot better than it does to sit back and realize you're sitting on your head because it's stuck two feet up your ass.

dude i wasnt trying to tick you off i swear

Bill_Brasky
08-13-2014, 12:08 AM
see i knew this thread would get ruined.

Reck
08-13-2014, 12:15 AM

1.Bench 3 sets of 12
3.Curls 3 sets of 12

Not bad advise.

Avante
08-13-2014, 12:39 AM
see i knew this thread would get ruined.

How about this...

Hey ClipperNation and DMC, why not cool fucking things up, ok?

Malik Hairston
08-13-2014, 01:05 AM
- The actual lifting part is completely dependent on each individual's body and mentality..you can't go with a routine that will burn you out mentally, tbh, or else you won't look forward to lifting and you'll probably half-ass it..

Everybody you ask will have varying opinions on what type of workouts to do, too..personally, as a beginner, I'd go with compound exercises to build your foundation(squats, deadlifts, etc, look them out) well before you focus on isolation exercises..I'd also go with 5 reps max with weight as heavy as you can lift..

I'd search bodybuilding forums for good programs and you can pick whichever one appeals to you, there are hundreds of them from "reputable" lifters/trainers..the only other advice for strictly lifting is focusing on your form(more important than anything, as lifting heavier with poor form won't get you gains) and trying to add weight to the bar every week..

Also, change your routine every 2 months or so to shock your body..doesn't have to be a major change, but try to mix your workouts/lifts..

- If you want to get serious, focus on the diet..

Calculate your maintenance calories: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Once you have your number, add 10% to your maintenance calories to bulk for a few months..

If you want to get even more serious, count your macronutrients(a website like Fitday is good to keep track)..personally, I go with 40% protein/40% carbs/20% fat, but like lifting, it's completely dependent on each individual..you could stick with 1 gram of protein per pound of weight and that would be sufficient, as long as you hit your calorie total..

I'd bulk for a few months, as long as you don't over-do it, before beginning the cutting process..

- Get a multivitamin, and get some Whey protein to help you hit you calories/macros..there are some good natural(non-juice) supps out there, but you'll only need those after your first plateau IMO..

- Juicing is a great shortcut, but not really worth it:lol..

Malik Hairston
08-13-2014, 01:11 AM
You're going to see quick gains, just from your body adapting to working out and getting in the routine of lifting, tbh..it'll be a quick transition, but it'll probably take at least a year to fully understand everything, and even then, you'll continue to learn shit and understand what your body responds to(both for lifting and dieting) years into lifting..

Most people don't follow the diet properly, especially at first, but it makes the biggest difference..my girl had been working out for a year or so, she saw some decent results and had a pretty good foundation, but I taught her how to follow her calories/macros this year and her results have been huge, tbh..

DJR210
08-13-2014, 03:05 AM
..and her results have been huge, tbh.. Ugh, how buff is your girl dude?

100%duncan
08-13-2014, 08:08 AM

:lmao

Clipper Nation
08-13-2014, 08:39 AM
translation

Hey Avante what the best exercise for the triceps?

Here ya go tiny.

Take a dumbbell loaded with a weight you can stay tight with. Ya don't wanna rock or cheat with this exercise.

Now lift the weight to you shoulder and simply reverse curl it. Yep, ya lift your arm up and back. That isolates the tricep.

Another good one is dips, obviously even a dumb fuck like you knows what they are.

One more.....ya can use a coffee table or anything you can find where you can put you hands behind you and push up.

I've found with tricep work it's best to go with one long set until....the burn.

Usually you can see results in a few weeks, being you're such a little shit it will take longer for you.
Take your own advice, maybe you won't be so morbidly obese....

Bynumite
08-13-2014, 08:49 AM
Not really the best place to ask for bodybuilding advice. These are the same dudes that make threads about their top 10 favorite breakfast burritos :lol

DMC
08-13-2014, 08:49 AM
Take your own advice, maybe you won't be so morbidly obese....

Hey squirt, little people like you make me laughth

I was a track star in the 8th grade.... I have been lifting for 70 years...I look like a bison with sunglasses on.

Half pints like oyu should keep quiet, pip squeak.

I like to take two cement mixers....put a telephone pole between them.... do squats for a week... if my knees weren't shot from years of track and lifting.

Trainwreck2100
08-13-2014, 09:05 AM

Start with the big compound lifts, Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, Overhead press. I believe there's two more but i don't remember em. Depending on your build some will be easier than the other. Also if you do go to the gym you're going to hear alot of bullshit from people who know jack about sport science. Research is key

ohmwrecker
08-13-2014, 09:27 AM
So when you do post here, why am I the one you just have to bother?

You're not the only one, snowflake.

Malik Hairston
08-13-2014, 10:21 AM
Ugh, how buff is your girl dude?

:lol..

DJR210
08-13-2014, 10:40 AM

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/12gs210/ff66242de6d6_zpsc6bf3cb3.jpg

??

Malik Hairston
08-13-2014, 10:46 AM
:lol she's not big at all, tbh, meant huge as in "improvement/reaching goal"..

I'm not attracted to hardcore gym women, at all, tbh..not into it..to each their own, though..

Buddy Mignon
08-13-2014, 10:53 AM
I must say... I'm the shit. The flies came out for this one...:lmao

Buddy Mignon
08-13-2014, 10:59 AM

:lmao Those girls were on this cat tough that night.

Buddy Mignon
08-13-2014, 11:00 AM
Not really the best place to ask for bodybuilding advice. These are the same dudes that make threads about their top 10 favorite breakfast burritos :lol

I know, but there are some cats that take their lives a bit serious aside from the trolling for laughs.

Avante
08-13-2014, 11:00 AM
I must say... I'm the shit. The flies came out for this one...:lmao

You serious about changing your physique or just fucking around?

Buddy Mignon
08-13-2014, 11:04 AM
Start with the big compound lifts, Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, Overhead press. I believe there's two more but i don't remember em. Depending on your build some will be easier than the other. Also if you do go to the gym you're going to hear alot of bullshit from people who know jack about sport science. Research is key

I've been doing some research, which is why I posted here to see if anyone actually trains. The fitness arena is about as confusing as the religious arena. You have a million fucking gurus trying to sell you products and bogus systems. When you research these guys you'll find that they aren't even in shape. I'm looking to stay away from steroids and non-organic products.

Buddy Mignon
08-13-2014, 11:06 AM

Elaborate more...

Buddy Mignon
08-13-2014, 11:12 AM
If you've never spent much time in a gym, then hire a trainer who can teach you proper form and technique. And don't hire some hot bitch trainer. Hire an experienced male trainer that is a bit sadistic that you fear. As Avante said, you'll need to get real serious on diet. Most serious lifters aren't big drinkers so you need to limit alcohol. Be prepared to spend a minimum of 4 days a week in the gym, preferably 5-6 days. It's like a religion so take it real fucking serious. And please don't be one of those fuckheads that waste half his gym time fucking around with his god damn phone. In fact, leave it in your locker. Get back to us in 6 months with before and afters.

I'm not what you call terribly out of shape. I hired a trainer years a go and he got so busy that the one on one time became difficult. I may have 20 drinks a year. Not big on drinking... rarely smoke... a lil weed about every three months. I'm in the process of building my own gym in my garage. I hate going to the gym... motherfuckers always trying to talk to you and waste your fucking time.

Buddy Mignon
08-13-2014, 11:13 AM
You serious about changing your physique or just fucking around?

I'm serious.

Avante
08-13-2014, 11:16 AM
I'm serious.

Ok then, buy ya some weights. Find a good place to workout, going to the gym sucks. Now start knocking off the junk food and drinking/drugs. If you really are serious actually read what I said above.

Buddy Mignon
08-13-2014, 11:23 AM
Ok then, buy ya some weights. Find a good place to workout, going to the gym sucks. Now start knocking off the junk food and drinking/drugs. If you really are serious actually read what I said above.

I'll get those books you mentioned. Any books on nutrition? Also... how much cardio to start off with... running or cycling?

Avante
08-13-2014, 11:43 AM
I'll get those books you mentioned. Any books on nutrition? Also... how much cardio to start off with... running or cycling?

Tons of great books about nutrition out there, here's where...Google...comes into play. My dad got me eating right, he was into bodybuilding.

Remember me mentioning you wanna start off lifting every other day? Ya see you are putting stress on the muscle with weight training, it's in the recovery process where the muscle grows and gets stronger. Very important for someone new to lifting to give the body time to recovery.

So...

On the non lift days is when ya hit your cardio conditioning aspect of this. I like to run the bleacher steps and skip rope. Not a fan of running, it's too boring. The key is to constantly be putting more and more into it. Every 30 days add another 5 minutes to your bleacher running, your rope skipping. Constantly be challenging the system, never get stagnant or lazy with it. Another great exercise for CC is working the speed bag, a fantastic workout if done right.

The bottom line is never get comfortable, always be putting more stress on the system. Your body will respond.

Fpoonsie
08-13-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm not into putting on too much mass -- more about lean muscle -- but one thing that helped me immensely as far as diet was concerned was not relying on protein shakes as your main protein source. Fuel up on lean meats, eggs, greens, etc for the majority. Post-workout and maybe a mid-day snack for the shakes and you're set.

lefty
08-13-2014, 01:08 PM
I can add muscle mass and burn fat by just moving a finger

I love my metabolism

lefty
08-13-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm not into putting on too much mass -- more about lean muscle -- but one thing that helped me immensely as far as diet was concerned was not relying on protein shakes as your main protein source. Fuel up on lean meats, eggs, greens, etc for the majority. Post-workout and maybe a mid-day snack for the shakes and you're set.
Protein shakes do help IMO, but people tend to forget that they are supplements

So yeah, protein should come from real food, first and foremost, but supplemenal protein can help (depending on your goals)

The Gemini Method
08-13-2014, 01:10 PM
That's because your people were used to eating scorpions and the hearts of camels.

lefty
08-13-2014, 01:11 PM
That's because your people were used to eating scorpions and the hearts of camels.
Real men eat scorpions and hearts of camels

I can see why you prefer sushi :lol

Fpoonsie
08-13-2014, 01:14 PM
Protein shakes do help IMO, but people tend to forget that they are supplements

So yeah, protein should come from real food, first and foremost, but supplemenal protein can help (depending on your goals)

Yup. Agreed. Which protein powder do you frequent? I've gone back and forth, but right now, just on that Gold Standard Whey.

lulz

The Gemini Method
08-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Real men eat scorpions and hearts of camels

I can see why you prefer sushi :lol

I only eat crackers and a glass of water. I'm trying to get that Algerian physique, bruh.

xellos88330
08-13-2014, 01:17 PM
I don't body build, but I would suggest hiring a personal trainer. Love the guy and hate the guy at the same time. Love him because of my results, hate him because the workouts are damn brutal. I only hired him to shed some excess weight, and improve my overall basketball performance. I seemed to be slowing down and my vertical was nowhere near my peak. I have actually remained the same weight, by my quicks and hops are almost back to what they once were. Best decision I ever made. Now as a short guy I can get a couple blocks again.

lefty
08-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Yup. Agreed. Which protein powder do you frequent? I've gone back and forth, but right now, just on that Gold Standard Whey.

I used to take ON Whey Chocolate; I switched to Allmax Whey Protein Chocolate or Chocolate and PB - aspartame free and has a few bits of dark chocolate :D

I recently bought some Casein (ON) chocolate; holy shit It's hard to mix; the only way to mix it well is to use a blender (sugar free chcocolate almond milk+ ON choco Casein + optional banana = thick tasty frothy dessert imo)

The Gemini Method
08-13-2014, 01:23 PM
I just do a bunch of coke, hope my heart doesn't stop, then crash when Strahan starts to annoy people on Good Morning America. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

leemajors
08-13-2014, 01:26 PM
I used to take ON Whey Chocolate; I switched to Allmax Whey Protein Chocolate or Chocolate and PB - aspartame free and has a few bits of dark chocolate :D

I recently bought some Casein (ON) chocolate; holy shit It's hard to mix; the only way to mix it well is to use a blender (sugar free chcocolate almond milk+ ON choco Casein + optional banana = thick tasty frothy dessert imo)

Hemp protein any cheaper up there since you guys can actually farm it? Supposed to be great and less farty than whey.

lefty
08-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Not every whey protein is farty

Hemp protein is for gurlz lulz; you don't lift heavy brah, so you wouldn't be popular on Bodybuilding forums

Unrepped, Brah

leemajors
08-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Not every whey protein is farty

Hemp protein is for gurlz lulz; you don't lift heavy brah, so you wouldn't be popular on Bodybuilding forums

Unrepped, Brah

:lol I don't partake of any protein powders tbh. I do have a blend-tec and make mango/banana/beet/spinach smoothies. Change up the veggies on occasion but usually drink 32-48 oz of that type of shit per day.

Fpoonsie
08-13-2014, 01:34 PM

Oh shit. Might hafta get on dat.

Occasionally, for snacking moreso than anything else, I do 100% Whole Gains Swiss Chocolate with Almond Milk and Peanut Butter in a blender. Tastes like Reese's PB Shake with a side a' Christ's mom's pussy.

lefty
08-13-2014, 01:38 PM
:lol I don't partake of any protein powders tbh. I do have a blend-tec and make mango/banana/beet/spinach smoothies. Change up the veggies on occasion but usually drink 32-48 oz of that type of shit per day.

Those green smoothies with some fruit are really good; I dont use any juice cuz of the sugar in them, just some water

I think I have some wheat grass powder left in my fridge

Oh shit. Might hafta get on dat.

Occasionally, for snacking moreso than anything else, I do 100% Whole Gains Swiss Chocolate with Almond Milk and Peanut Butter in a blender. Tastes like Reese's PB Shake with a side a' Christ's mom's pussy.
sounds really good

leemajors
08-13-2014, 01:41 PM
Those green smoothies with some fruit are really good; I dont use any juice cuz of the sugar in them, just some water

I think I have some wheat grass powder left in my fridge

sounds really good

I use kombucha and occasionally some almond milk - my daughter likes it. Best way to get plenty of veggies imo.

lefty
08-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Kombucha ... Kombucha .... isnt that LaSondra's sister in law ?

leemajors
08-13-2014, 01:50 PM
hah, I make it at home. Use it to ferment veggies too, you can pickle shit in a few days easily.

RD2191
08-13-2014, 01:52 PM
Fuck all that faggy shit, diets and all that mess. Eat like a man, do sit ups and push ups like a real man. That's it. That's all you need.

RD2191
08-13-2014, 01:52 PM
Oh and squats for legs and what not.

cantthinkofanything
08-13-2014, 01:56 PM
hah, I make it at home. Use it to ferment veggies too, you can pickle shit in a few days easily.

shit...was thinking about that some years ago but read several warnings and things you had to make sure you did
I figured I was better off buying GT's.

so...if you do it yourself, is it as fizzy as the store bought? I don't know if I could drink it otherwise.

leemajors
08-13-2014, 02:00 PM
shit...was thinking about that some years ago but read several warnings and things you had to make sure you did
I figured I was better off buying GT's.

so...if you do it yourself, is it as fizzy as the store bought? I don't know if I could drink it otherwise.

I used to homebrew a bit, so I make sure and add sugar of some sort when I bottle it - usually ginger tea or a bit of fruit juice. Usually carbonated pretty well as long as it sits for a few days closed up. I use my water heater closet as a fermenting room since it's dark and the temp is pretty constant. I think I initially used half a bottle of GT to start :lol

I started cause $3.50-4 a bottle adds up pretty quick. Also pretty easy to avoid sodas with something carbonated in the fridge already.

Phillip
08-13-2014, 02:06 PM
Here is a great place for people getting started. I strongly recommend this.

http://stronglifts.com/

cantthinkofanything
08-13-2014, 02:06 PM
I started cause $3.50-4 a bottle adds up pretty quick.

This. Plus having to find somewhere that has it. The closest place I have is Central Market about 20 minutes away.

Trying to do this myself in some part of our house sounds like something that would absolutely drive my wife nuts.

DMC
08-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Oh and squats for legs and what not.
Everyone here who's ever been to SA knows Mexicans don't work lower body.

johnsmith
08-13-2014, 03:16 PM

Totally disagree...it has to be at a gym for me.

Remember though, there's nothing wrong with drinking, just not in excess if you're trying to get in shape...if you want to be an actual body builder then yeah, nothing but clean eating and no alcohol. But if you're a regular person and you just want to get in shape, by all means, drink.

I heard on a radio show a while back something that I truly believe, if you're over 30 and you have a 6 pack, there's a better then average chance that you're a boring person and not that much fun to be around.

RD2191
08-13-2014, 03:26 PM
Everyone here who's ever been to SA knows Mexicans don't work lower body.

Buddy Mignon
08-13-2014, 11:38 PM

Remember though, there's nothing wrong with drinking, just not in excess if you're trying to get in shape...if you want to be an actual body builder then yeah, nothing but clean eating and no alcohol. But if you're a regular person and you just want to get in shape, by all means, drink.

I heard on a radio show a while back something that I truly believe, if you're over 30 and you have a 6 pack, there's a better then average chance that you're a boring person and not that much fun to be around.

A fat person said mad that up. Just like an ugly person made up, "It's whats on the inside that matters." A 6 pack is easy to get and doesn't take much work.

DMC
08-13-2014, 11:54 PM

While if you have a keg, you're a fucking blast.

Malik Hairston
08-14-2014, 12:27 AM
Your best option for nutrition is IIFYM(If it fits your macros), IMO..the majority of people don't have the discipline or willingness to eliminate all bad foods from their diet, it's extremely difficult and can get expensive, too..

Fitting your food into your macros isn't as effective as strictly eating perfectly, but it's by far your best option to keep your mind straight and fit cheat foods into the equation(even alcohol, if you want to take it that far)..

There's also nothing wrong with taking whey..if you order it online, you'll get a good price and the protein:$ value is easily worth it to fix your macros, which is difficult to do if you're only eating actual food..make sure it's Whey Isolate, though..

Personally, I take 2 scoops(60 grams total of protein) of whey per day, and I've went as far as 3 per day when I was bulking hard..I probably wouldn't take more than 3, though..

Another key for nutrition is dividing your meals into 5-6 smaller meals, and appropriate timing between meals, too(find out your body/metabolism type to figure that out)..

Malik Hairston
08-14-2014, 12:33 AM
Casein protein is good, too, but I just eat cottage cheese instead..I usually mix it with either eggs, or with peanut butter before sleeping..

Eggs and tuna are your most efficient options for nutrition, tbh, especially the latter..

spurraider21
08-14-2014, 12:44 AM
just do pushups and eat your vegetables

Thebesteva
08-14-2014, 01:38 AM
just do pushups and eat your vegetables

Coming from a small chicken arm guy

Thebesteva
08-14-2014, 01:39 AM
Bro im interested in deca only cycle and looking to put 45 lbs of muscle. Is it possible? (99% of bodybuilding.com threads)

Malik Hairston
08-14-2014, 01:50 AM
Bro im interested in deca only cycle and looking to put 45 lbs of muscle. Is it possible? (99% of bodybuilding.com threads)

lefty
08-14-2014, 08:44 AM
Brah,

That's stupid broscience

and do you even lift brah?

lefty
08-14-2014, 08:48 AM
Another key for nutrition is dividing your meals into 5-6 smaller meals, and appropriate timing between meals, too(find out your body/metabolism type to figure that out)..
It really works

When I used to prepare my healthy lunches and snacks for work, I had amazing results with the smaller 5-6 meals approach

Faster and better results, more energy , etc

benefactor
08-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Be sure to add in wide grip pull ups. I rotate those with inverted rows where I hang from the rings and put my feet on a box. If you don't have rings they can be done on a smith machine by lowering the bar and hanging from it. I wish my gym had one of those old school T-rowers. I love those things.

King Emmanuel
08-15-2014, 01:35 AM
Be sure to add in wide grip pull ups. I rotate those with inverted rows where I hang from the rings and put my feet on a box. If you don't have rings they can be done on a smith machine by lowering the bar and hanging from it. I wish my gym had one of those old school T-rowers. I love those things.

hey man wanna post a pic of yourself that i can jack off to