PDA

View Full Version : Would you put Kawhi over Manu and TP in the all time Spurs list if...

apalisoc_9
08-12-2014, 10:14 PM
The spurs win another championship and he wins finals MVP?

Two straight finals MVP is for guys that are legitimate all time greats...

Say he wins two finals MVP and never wins another championship after, but decides to stay with the spurs.. would you still put him above manu and tim..

What does he need to accomplish to jump over manu and tp in the all time spurs list?

dabom
08-12-2014, 10:51 PM
He needs to win 2 without Tim Duncan and Manu. Then he could be higher than Manu and TP in my all time spurs ranking list. He also needs to keep the spurs at a high level of contention for a lot of years.

skulls138
08-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Wow, great question!

ElNono
08-12-2014, 10:58 PM
What does he need to accomplish to jump over manu and tp in the all time spurs list?

Spurs for life would be a pretty solid starting place...

wildcardX
08-12-2014, 11:02 PM
He needs to win 2 without Tim Duncan and Manu. Then he could be higher than Manu and TP in my all time spurs ranking list. He also needs to keep the spurs at a high level of contention for a lot of years.

:tu I would also like to see him take more of that leadership role once Tim retires.

SouthernFried
08-12-2014, 11:11 PM
Slow night?

TheyCallMePro
08-13-2014, 01:11 AM
Hell no. If Kawhi can do it by himself and win 2 more I'll consider it. Next year doesn't even count though with everyone returning.

And btw, Manu had the highest PER in the Finals, not Kawhi. He should have won Finals MVP.

howbouthemspurs
08-13-2014, 01:16 AM
Kawhi has a long time to go before he gets considered to be ahead of Tony and Manu on the Spurs all time greats! He needs to win a few more championships too!

100%duncan
08-13-2014, 02:07 AM
Hell no. If Kawhi can do it by himself and win 2 more I'll consider it. Next year doesn't even count though with everyone returning.

And btw, Manu had the highest PER in the Finals, not Kawhi. He should have won Finals MVP.

:lmao :lmao

OT: No. He needs to win 1 more on his own(no big 3) with the spurs and retire as a spur. And no one can replace Duncan as the god of San Antonio.

dabom
08-13-2014, 02:43 AM
:lmao :lmao

OT: No. He needs to win 1 more on his own(no big 3) with the spurs and retire as a spur. And no one can replace Duncan as the god of San Antonio.

Even NONO doesn't believe this. :lmao

ElNono
08-13-2014, 02:52 AM
If he ever wears another team's jersey, his stock is gonna plummet in this convo... He absolutely earned his Finals MVP though. You don't argue that kind of stuff.

But the reality is that TP/MG have set a high fucking bar... 4x champs, consecutive 50+ win seasons, amazing efficiency, unforgettable plays, games, moments... they're both high up in the Spurs and the league's history books.

Now I think Kawhi is special, but it's gonna take a multitude of things going his way for him to really climb up that ladder... Personally, I'll be cheering for him.

100%duncan
08-13-2014, 03:03 AM
Even NONO doesn't believe this. :lmao

What? Below post. We kind of agree.

dabom
08-13-2014, 03:06 AM
What? Below post. We kind of agree.

I was laughing at PRO for saying Manu deserved to be FMVP, because his per is the highest for the team.

Brunodf
08-13-2014, 03:07 AM
If some crazy shit like that happens the kid will be in the top 3 of active players... I can only see TD and Lebron above him on the all time greats list...

100%duncan
08-13-2014, 03:08 AM
I was laughing at PRO for saying Manu deserved to be FMVP, because his per is the highest for the team.

Oh yeah.

:lmao

Dex
08-13-2014, 09:05 AM
If he ever wears another team's jersey, his stock is gonna plummet in this convo... He absolutely earned his Finals MVP though. You don't argue that kind of stuff.

But the reality is that TP/MG have set a high fucking bar... 4x champs, consecutive 50+ win seasons, amazing efficiency, unforgettable plays, games, moments... they're both high up in the Spurs and the league's history books.

Now I think Kawhi is special, but it's gonna take a multitude of things going his way for him to really climb up that ladder... Personally, I'll be cheering for him.

Exactly. There is no way Kawhi can match the 10+ years of contributions from Tony and Manu in 3 years, even if they did win another championship. That sort of legacy can only be molded over time.

That being said, he would certainly have a good head start on catching them if he decides to stay a Spur.

lefty
08-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Over TP for sure

Russo21
08-13-2014, 09:23 AM
Slow down Sparky, slow down. Bump thread in another 10 years

Raven
08-13-2014, 09:45 AM
not even close.

testies
08-13-2014, 09:56 AM
Get real people.. Kawhi is great for us because he is our 4th or 5th option on offense.. If he had to carry the weight Manu or Parker carries, we'd be fucked. But he is black and american, so he gets all the recognition

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-13-2014, 10:02 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

100%duncan
08-13-2014, 10:16 AM
Get real people.. Kawhi is great for us because he is our 4th or 5th option on offense.. If he had to carry the weight Manu or Parker carries, we'd be fucked. But he is black and american, so he gets all the recognition

Where would I rank this in the top 10 worst quotes of ST?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-13-2014, 10:18 AM
Where would I rank this in the top 10 worst quotes of ST?

:lol he's right about being the fourth option

Obstructed_View
08-13-2014, 10:20 AM
The spurs win another championship and he wins finals MVP?

Yes. At that point he's fourth all time for the team.

PingPong
08-13-2014, 10:20 AM
Kawhi is the most overrated Spurs. It's sure.

TMTTRIO
08-13-2014, 11:21 AM
well if you're considering FMVP'S, he's already passed Manu up.

Agloco
08-13-2014, 11:30 AM
To be ranked above TP and Manu? He'll need at least one more Finals MVP, and that MVP must be without the Big three on board (or at least with KL being the first option). And as Nono said, he's gotta be a Spur fo' life with at least 10 years played. We can talk again once those criteria have been met.

As it stands now, he's 7th on my All-time Spurs list.

lefty
08-13-2014, 11:37 AM
To be ranked above TP and Manu? He'll need at least one more Finals MVP,t.

As it stands now, he's 7th on my All-time Spurs list.
Boobie Gibson
Lebron James

Yeah already over TP imo :lol

dabom
08-13-2014, 12:11 PM

Kawhi was the second best player besides Tim Duncan in the playoffs. More like 1a/1b. That close.
And the regular season don't mean shit.
Kawhi has carried more weight than TP and Manu these past 2 playoff runs. 4th or 5th or 6th option mean shit to me.

ElNono
08-13-2014, 01:53 PM
I love Kawhi and I think he can be great, but some people really overrate him mightily in here...

Brazil
08-13-2014, 02:04 PM
:lol silly question

Manu and TP have four rings and are playing for more than a decade for the Spurs. They have been fundamental for at least 10 / 12 50 wins season. Kawi has a long way to go still

dabom
08-13-2014, 02:05 PM
I love Kawhi and I think he can be great, but some people really overrate him mightily in here...

Me? What i said was completely correct. I have no bias to any spurs player.

ElNono
08-13-2014, 02:27 PM
Me? What i said was completely correct. I have no bias to any spurs player.

correct based on what?

ElNono
08-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Everybody is certainly entitled to their emotional or eye-based opinion, BTW... I'm not knocking on that...

dabom
08-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Everybody is certainly entitled to their emotional or eye-based opinion, BTW... I'm not knocking on that...

I don't need to explain it to you right? It's not an eye test either.

ElNono
08-13-2014, 02:43 PM
I don't need to explain it to you right? It's not an eye test either.

You don't have to explain anything to me, it's your opinion. I would definitely put him in the top 3 looking at the entire playoffs. He started slowly and ramped it up.

We could have certainly used more of his top notch game in the 1st round.

Obstructed_View
08-13-2014, 02:45 PM

Being the best player on back to back champions puts him above everyone but Duncan, Robinson and Gervin tbh.

dabom
08-13-2014, 02:46 PM
You don't have to explain anything to me, it's your opinion. I would definitely put him in the top 3 looking at the entire playoffs. He started slowly and ramped it up.

We could have certainly used more of his top notch game in the 1st round.

Me too. But he was still the 2nd best player these past 2 playoff runs.

ElNono
08-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Me too. But he was still the 2nd best player these past 2 playoff runs.

I would rank him 2nd best last season. Statistically, he was the 3rd best player on the team in these playoffs, and that's where I would rank him.

dabom
08-13-2014, 03:15 PM
I would rank him 2nd best last season. Statistically, he was the 3rd best player on the team in these playoffs, and that's where I would rank him.

Statistically Kawhi had a better playoff. He had more winshares than manu. If manu could play more than 25mpg he might be better but he can't.

lefty
08-13-2014, 03:17 PM
15th pick who went toe to toe with Lebron in the Finals

Not overrated imo

Prime Time
08-13-2014, 03:18 PM
Manu and Tony have 8 rings combined, but the accomplishments they've had as a NBA Player alone isn't mind-blowing when comparing them to the Big 3 of Spurs Greats (Duncan, Robinson and Gervin).

I don't think it's fair to demand Kawhi to win 2-4 extra rings in order to surpass Tony/Manu. Kawhi doesn't have the luxury to play with a prime Duncan, but hopefully he'll have Pop for a good while. I think if Kawhi gets another Finals MVP, 4-5 All-Star Appearances, and a couple of All-NBA Defensive Selections he'll be right up there - if not arguably better.

Kawhi's already a greater defensive player than Tony or Manu ever was, and what he's accomplished by age 23 is miles better than what Parker/Ginobili did. But who knows.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Being the best player on back to back champions puts him above everyone but Duncan, Robinson and Gervin tbh.

:lol best player?

There's a reason Pop doesn't call plays for him, and he doesn't get the ball late when we need a score. That for Ginobili, Duncan or Parker... and with good reason. He doesn't have the same responsibility, play-make.

It's not like 2005 where Ginobili stepped up or 07 when Parker did.... This team is so stacked from top to bottom that Leonard just had to have a impressive performance in the finals.

Again, :lol at being best player. Leonard's playoff was so-so until game 3-5.

MeloHype
08-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Not surprised to see who made this stupid thread

dabom
08-13-2014, 03:38 PM
:lol best player?

There's a reason Pop doesn't call plays for him, and he doesn't get the ball late when we need a score. That for Ginobili, Duncan or Parker... and with good reason. He doesn't have the same responsibility, play-make.

It's not like 2005 where Ginobili stepped up or 07 when Parker did.... This team is so stacked from top to bottom that Leonard just had to have a impressive performance in the finals.

Again, :lol at being best player. Leonard's playoff was so-so until game 3-5.

I thought his defense on westbrook the last 2 games was what won it for us vs OKC. He surely was better than so so before he exploded in games 3-5 against the back to back champs.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-13-2014, 03:39 PM
I thought his defense on westbrook the last 2 games was what won it for us vs OKC. He surely was better than so so before he exploded in games 3-5 against the back to back champs.

For Kawhi to pass Manu and Parker, he will have to have more playoff moments as an alpha. You cannot denounce all the big shots and plays Parker and Manu have made through the year, especially in the playoffs.

To think finals MVP means much is kind of silly.

dabom
08-13-2014, 03:43 PM
For Kawhi to pass Manu and Parker, he will have to have more playoff moments as an alpha. You cannot denounce all the big shots and plays Parker and Manu have made through the year, especially in the playoffs.

To think finals MVP means much is kind of silly.

I'm not saying Kawhi has passed Manu or Tony. I'm just saying he was the 2nd best player in this and last years playoff games. People don't wanna give the credit when it's due.

ElNono
08-13-2014, 03:54 PM
Statistically Kawhi had a better playoff. He had more winshares than manu. If manu could play more than 25mpg he might be better but he can't.

IIRC, statistically he only lead on WS and steals. Tim, Tony and Manu largely lead on every other significant category, raw and advanced. Points, assists, rebounds, PER, WS/48... which is not surprising, seeing they're the players with the highest usage rate, and play the larger roles for the team.

I don't really have a bone to pick about Kawhi, he was great and stepped up in the highest stage, which is what you would want of any player. You won't hear me complaining or dragging him down to prop up anybody else.

I do hope Pop does give him a larger role going forward, right now his usage % ranks him as the #4 option on the team.

dabom
08-13-2014, 03:59 PM
IIRC, statistically he only lead on WS and steals. Tim, Tony and Manu largely lead on every other significant category, raw and advanced. Points, assists, rebounds, PER, WS/48... which is not surprising, seeing they're the players with the highest usage rate, and play the larger roles for the team.

I don't really have a bone to pick about Kawhi, he was great and stepped up in the highest stage, which is what you would want of any player. You won't hear me complaining or dragging him down to prop up anybody else.

I do hope Pop does give him a larger role going forward, right now his usage % ranks him as the #4 option on the team.

you're also forgetting all world defense. I'm pretty sure bowen had sht per and raw stats because he is away from the basket more. Even PtR they were talking about how 100% greatness for 25mins isn't as good as 85% greatness for 45mins. I'm just paraphrasing. If you keep saying manu was the 2nd best player in the playoffs, you're doing a disservice to kawhi.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-13-2014, 04:04 PM

I'm pretty sure Manu had more steals per game than Kawhi too..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-13-2014, 04:05 PM
If you keep saying manu was the 2nd best player in the playoffs, you're doing a disservice to kawhi.

How so?

He was our best player against Dallas, was HUGE against OKC (I think he shot 61% from three in that series) and took us home against Miami. That's not disrespectful at all. Kawhi didn't have a "huge moment" until the game 6 block.

ElNono
08-13-2014, 04:06 PM
you're also forgetting all world defense. I'm pretty sure bowen had sht per and raw stats because he is away from the basket more. Even PtR they were talking about how 100% greatness for 25mins isn't as good as 85% greatness for 45mins. I'm just paraphrasing. If you keep saying manu was the 2nd best player in the playoffs, you're doing a disservice to kawhi.

So what you're saying is that stats don't reflect how good he was and your opinion is mostly based on emotion? As I said previously, that's fine. I've had my own opinions based on eye-test.
Bowen was also great, but I don't think anybody every claimed he was the second best Spur on any of the championship teams. Being an integral, important part of any championship team is a compliment, not a disservice, IMO.

dabom
08-13-2014, 04:10 PM
So what you're saying is that stats don't reflect how good he was and your opinion is mostly based on emotion? As I said previously, that's fine. I've had my own opinions based on eye-test.
Bowen was also great, but I don't think anybody every claimed he was the second best Spur on any of the championship teams. Being an integral, important part of any championship team is a compliment, not a disservice, IMO.

I'm talking about his defense doesn't show up in per. A stat you like. Win shares says Kawhi did better than Manu. How is that the eye test?

Macca76
08-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Manu and Tony have 8 rings combined, but the accomplishments they've had as a NBA Player alone isn't mind-blowing when comparing them to the Big 3 of Spurs Greats (Duncan, Robinson and Gervin).

I don't think it's fair to demand Kawhi to win 2-4 extra rings in order to surpass Tony/Manu. Kawhi doesn't have the luxury to play with a prime Duncan, but hopefully he'll have Pop for a good while. I think if Kawhi gets another Finals MVP, 4-5 All-Star Appearances, and a couple of All-NBA Defensive Selections he'll be right up there - if not arguably better.

Kawhi's already a greater defensive player than Tony or Manu ever was, and what he's accomplished by age 23 is miles better than what Parker/Ginobili did. But who knows.

I think you're getting over yourself just a little bit :lol

Clipper Nation
08-13-2014, 04:40 PM
Kawhi is already better than Enrique, tbh....

ElNono
08-13-2014, 04:53 PM
I'm talking about his defense doesn't show up in per. A stat you like. Win shares says Kawhi did better than Manu. How is that the eye test?

I'm actually not that big of a fan of PER (or any individual stat taken into a vacuum)... that's why I brought up other numbers. You can always pick and choose one or two stats, but the combination always paints a better picture.

I'm a huge fan of Kawhi's defense. Tops on the team, IMO. Chinook probably disagrees tho :lol

HI-FI
08-13-2014, 05:38 PM
I love Kawhi and I think he can be great, but because I have no financial stake...

personally, I put him above Enrique. i'm biased, I liked Kawhi from the start and always had issues with Parker. Surpassing Manu will be tough, since he brought an entire continent to this board and to ESL classes. On the court, however, I think Kawhi will outshine Manu in due time.

spurraider21
08-13-2014, 05:40 PM
Chinook (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557) probably disagrees tho :lol
i want you two to discuss Green jumping at players at the 3 point line again :lol

:corn:

RD2191
08-13-2014, 05:42 PM
i want you two to discuss Green jumping at players at the 3 point line again :lol

Chinook
08-13-2014, 06:14 PM
I'm actually not that big of a fan of PER (or any individual stat taken into a vacuum)... that's why I brought up other numbers. You can always pick and choose one or two stats, but the combination always paints a better picture.

I'm a huge fan of Kawhi's defense. Tops on the team, IMO. Chinook (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557) probably disagrees tho :lol

Of course I do. Splitter is the best defender on the team now by a decent margin.

Chinook
08-13-2014, 06:17 PM

*Truncated in the interest of space* For full post, see here: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7551471#post7551471

I was totally intending to do some summer breakdowns. But I need to get Office on my computer again so that I can create the Excel spreadsheets. I was thinking of doing some from last year or maybe even the year before that.

ElNono
08-13-2014, 06:19 PM
personally, I put him above Enrique. i'm biased, I liked Kawhi from the start and always had issues with Parker. Surpassing Manu will be tough, since he brought an entire continent to this board and to ESL classes. On the court, however, I think Kawhi will outshine Manu in due time.

Some idiot started a troll thread downstairs, but there was actually some of that going on, tbh.... check it out...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228096&p=7083584&viewfull=1#post7083584

ElNono
08-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Of course I do. Splitter is the best defender on the team now by a decent margin.

I'm with you as far as Green being another great piece there. What I'd like to see from Danny is more work on his penetration. He showed good flashes in the Finals, I'd like that to be a permanent part of this repertoire.

HI-FI
08-13-2014, 06:37 PM
Some idiot started a troll thread downstairs, but there was actually some of that going on, tbh.... check it out...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228096&p=7083584&viewfull=1#post7083584

that's a good post even though you were trolling jon stewart style. i think it's true though, Enrique is loved by some but others, present company included, never warmed up to him. I was always hoping Kidd was traded for him, I was caught up in all those media reports back then. So the feelings were there before, I guess it's a certain smugness with Parker or trust issues. I think he's gotten better and will be more appreciated when it's said and done. Thankfully we got Kawhi though, all i gotta say.

Chinook
08-13-2014, 06:41 PM
I'm with you as far as Green being another great piece there. What I'd like to see from Danny is more work on his penetration. He showed good flashes in the Finals, I'd like that to be a permanent part of this repertoire.

The problem I see from Green is that he picks up the ball awkwardly when he's going into his layup. I think that messes up his timing and allows defenders to interfere more easily. He actually has a pretty wide array of finishing moves. But until he fixes the way he picks up the ball, he's going to be really inconsistent inside the arc.

ElNono
08-13-2014, 06:41 PM
that's a good post even though you were trolling jon stewart style. i think it's true though, Enrique is loved by some but others, present company included, never warmed up to him. I was always hoping Kidd was traded for him, I was caught up in all those media reports back then. So the feelings were there before, I guess it's a certain smugness with Parker or trust issues. I think he's gotten better and will be more appreciated when it's said and done. Thankfully we got Kawhi though, all i gotta say.

They're all great and we should appreciate them all while they're here, tbh...

I do dread the day Tim and Manu walk away, I don't think we have enough to be actual contenders when that happens... Kawhi's progression in the next few seasons will do a great deal to dispel that notion or further cement it... let's hope it's the former.

ElNono
08-13-2014, 06:42 PM
The problem I see from Green is that he picks up the ball awkwardly when he's going into his layup. I think that messes up his timing and allows defenders to interfere more easily. He actually has a pretty wide array of finishing moves. But until he fixes the way he picks up the ball, he's going to be really inconsistent inside the arc.

I don't see anything that's not fixable with reps... I just hope he's putting in the work instead of taking selfies, that's all..

PingPong
08-13-2014, 08:14 PM
Durbeta wasn't completely wrong about Kawhi: he's a product of the spurs system. In another team, playing isoball, Kawhi will get exposed. Everyone who plays against the spurs is so focused at the passing that Kawhi dribbles surprise them.

spurraider21
08-13-2014, 08:23 PM

:lol

kaji157
08-13-2014, 10:11 PM
Of course not, Manu and TP contributed from every point to this team. Kawhi came to an already stablished team.
Not to say the ammount of attention that Manu, Tony and Tim still get on defense which makes Kawhi play on lesser defenders. Remember, LeBron covered Parker and Ginobili not Leonard.
Also, even if what i say at first was debatable, i will always rank consistente excelence over small bursts, the same way i do not rank Hakeem over Duncan evendoe he has back to back finals mvps, i wouldnte ranck Kawhi over our 10 year old backcourt.

timaios
08-14-2014, 01:56 AM
It's mind blowing how the Spurs are all about team first (reason why they are the best in the NBA)... and some of their so-called fans are all about individuals.
I don't care who is the best player on that team, I care about the TEAM.

KL2
08-14-2014, 06:06 AM
Of course not, Manu and TP contributed from every point to this team. Kawhi came to an already stablished team.
Not to say the ammount of attention that Manu, Tony and Tim still get on defense which makes Kawhi play on lesser defenders. Remember, LeBron covered Parker and Ginobili not Leonard.
Also, even if what i say at first was debatable, i will always rank consistente excelence over small bursts, the same way i do not rank Hakeem over Duncan evendoe he has back to back finals mvps, i wouldnte ranck Kawhi over our 10 year old backcourt.

Lol Lebron covered KY in the Finals, stop with the revisionist history. And for all the defensive attention they get, they get A LOT of help on offense with multiple screens and actual play calling.

Leonard is lucky if he even gets a screen out there, doesn't get any plays called for him, usually has 2 centers with Splitter/TD clogging the paint which severely limited his ability to drive/post. Leonard is usually guarding the best or 2nd best offensive player as well, it's a combo of him and Green that have revitalized this defense. People forget how piss poor TP was this year on defense and how average Manu was.

will_spurs
08-14-2014, 06:58 AM
I really like Kawhi but let's stop pretending that a Finals MVP means he's suddenly the best player on the team by a wide margin. He's playing alongside three future HOFers, with a great supporting cast and a top 3 coach in the history of the NBA.

The future looks bright for him but he's still very far from surpassing Tony or Manu on the all-time Spurs list. First of all he'd pretty much have to be a Spur for life (or for a significant number of dominating seasons and playoffs). Then he'd also have to make significant contributions to the franchise history, either in terms of rings, stats, awards or getting close to being a franchise leader in some statistical categories (e.g. Manu leading the Spurs franchise in 3PM/3PA or Parker leading in assists + both of them being top 5 in pretty much every other meaningful category). And that also means staying healthy.

He's certainly got the potential to get there, but he still has a long way to go.

will_spurs
08-14-2014, 06:59 AM
People forget how piss poor TP was this year on defense and how average Manu was.

It's easy to forget something that never happened, that's why.

urunobili
08-14-2014, 08:29 AM
I think Kawhi has a shot at that but it's a LONG road ahead for him. I LOVE the kid and he hasn't entered his prime yet. We have no clue what lies ahead so we need to tone it down and let him keep riding the Big three as much as he can. We should bump this after an extension has been agreed in between him and the Spurs. With that said:

Spurs all time as of right now:

Alpha: Duncan
Beta: Robinson
Gamma: TP | Manu

Rest of the bunch:
Gervin
Kawhi
Elliott
Bowen

anakha
08-14-2014, 08:30 AM
Lol Lebron covered KY in the Finals, stop with the revisionist history.

Flat. Out. Wrong.

Lebron was assigned to guard Parker in designated periods throughout the Finals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbLq9StK8U

Multiple plays from just one game where Lebron was the primary defender on Parker.

dabom
08-14-2014, 08:38 AM

You sure, because what he said was correct.

lefty
08-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Tougher matchup in the Finals?

B:lol:lolbie Gibs:loln or Lebron James ?

GO!

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-14-2014, 08:57 AM

:lol

PingPong
08-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Imagine if the Spurs get a 7' nig. Half of the ST will be drooling over his dick, even if he is a JaVale McGee alike.

dabom
08-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Imagine if the Spurs get a 7' nig. Half of the ST will be drooling over his dick, even if he is a JaVale McGee alike.

JM is pretty good though. They just don't use him correctly. And I'm not sure about his contract either.

ElNono
08-14-2014, 12:38 PM

JaVale McGee is one of the dumbest players to ever play the game. I can't think he would get anything but an Ayres type of role on the Spurs.

PingPong
08-14-2014, 03:16 PM
JM is pretty good though. They just don't use him correctly. And I'm not sure about his contract either.

$11,250,000 for 2014/2015 and $12,000,000 for 2015/2016, part of 4 year/44 mil. contract...

JaVale McGee is one of the dumbest players to ever play the game. I can't think he would get anything but an Ayres type of role on the Spurs.

But but he's athetic and can dunk.

DrSteffo
08-14-2014, 03:46 PM
It's mind blowing how the Spurs are all about team first (reason why they are the best in the NBA)... and some of their so-called fans are all about individuals.
I don't care who is the best player on that team, I care about the TEAM.

Cheers! Liberte, egalite, fraternite...the big bad King is dead...:)

wildchild
08-14-2014, 09:57 PM
Spurs all time as of right now:

Alpha: Duncan
Beta: Robinson
Gamma: TP | Manu

Rest of the bunch:
Gervin
Kawhi
Elliott
Bowen

You're so disrespectful to Spurs history...GERVIN as rest of the bunch? He was a SUPERSTAR.

9-time=NBA All-Star
NBA All-Star MVP
5=All-NBA First Team
2=All-NBA Second Team
4=NBA scoring champion
HoF in 1996

Yuixafun
08-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Parker came into the Sushi Zushi I work at a few days ago, a little after 6, when the raining had stopped for a while.

I was rolling next to my friend Santos, who is an older Filipino guy (Laker fan) always joking around.. and he said "Hey there's Tony Parker"

I said "shut up Santos" but then I glanced towards the door and could see through the glass that there was a tall dude approaching pushing a baby stroller.

And then he walked in with his new wife following behind him, both dressed real casual.

My first impression was man he looks sorta frail and that, I thought his wife was hotter...

But then the fan side of me flared and I was geeked, DAAAAAMNN that's TP walking in out of the blue.

Of course there was a buzz but our restaurant staff and patrons stayed chill... but I asked the manager if I could take my timesheet to his table later and try to nab an autograph.

Apparently the Manager knew TP from when he used to run his brothers' nightclub and instantly nixxed the idea, and I glumly agreed, that in the long run it would be better to preserve etiquette and not bother his family on their first time out with the newborn.

It was still thrilling.

So far working there since November... I've made a delivery order for Manu, made Philadelphia rolls for the Mayor and his brother twice, and now got to see TP in the flesh =).

urunobili
08-15-2014, 11:04 AM
You're so disrespectful to Spurs history...GERVIN as rest of the bunch? He was a SUPERSTAR.

9-time=NBA All-Star
NBA All-Star MVP
5=All-NBA First Team
2=All-NBA Second Team
4=NBA scoring champion
HoF in 1996
Well I started following the Spurs in 95 so I may be biased. Should have changed the way to put the next greats I'm sorry if it offended you. With you that said and with all Gervin's great accomplishments for the franchise he never rang...

dabom
08-15-2014, 11:22 AM
Parker came into the Sushi Zushi I work at a few days ago, a little after 6, when the raining had stopped for a while.

I was rolling next to my friend Santos, who is an older Filipino guy (Laker fan) always joking around.. and he said "Hey there's Tony Parker"

I said "shut up Santos" but then I glanced towards the door and could see through the glass that there was a tall dude approaching pushing a baby stroller.

And then he walked in with his new wife following behind him, both dressed real casual.

My first impression was man he looks sorta frail and that, I thought his wife was hotter...

But then the fan side of me flared and I was geeked, DAAAAAMNN that's TP walking in out of the blue.

Of course there was a buzz but our restaurant staff and patrons stayed chill... but I asked the manager if I could take my timesheet to his table later and try to nab an autograph.

Apparently the Manager knew TP from when he used to run his brothers' nightclub and instantly nixxed the idea, and I glumly agreed, that in the long run it would be better to preserve etiquette and not bother his family on their first time out with the newborn.

It was still thrilling.

So far working there since November... I've made a delivery order for Manu, made Philadelphia rolls for the Mayor and his brother twice, and now got to see TP in the flesh =).

Might have to get some food there now.

Yuixafun
08-15-2014, 11:22 AM
Well I started following the Spurs in 95 so I may be biased. Should have changed the way to put the next greats I'm sorry if it offended you. With you that said and with all Gervin's great accomplishments for the franchise he never rang...

But these Spurs are standing on the shoulders of the Greats that came before... they Might not have won a Championship but they laid a foundation for who the Spurs were to become.

dabom
08-15-2014, 11:23 AM

He never played with a top 5 player all time.

Yuixafun
08-15-2014, 11:26 AM
Might have to get some food there now.

Just don't show up 5 minutes before we close haha! Happy hour from 3-7.

dabom
08-15-2014, 11:28 AM
Just don't show up 5 minutes before we close haha! Happy hour from 3-7.

Will do.