PDA

View Full Version : Why no one talks about Manu clutch 3?

testies
08-13-2014, 08:02 AM
I can't believe we actually won a game needing a clutch 3

Mr. Body
08-13-2014, 08:09 AM
Yeah, we've never won a game with a clutch three before.

testies
08-13-2014, 08:14 AM
in recent years we've been more of a victim

r-nice
08-13-2014, 09:56 AM
Which game are we talking about here?

look_at_g_shred
08-13-2014, 10:02 AM
Which game are we talking about here?
game 6 vs okc

r-nice
08-13-2014, 10:13 AM
game 6 vs okc

Thought so. No one talks about it because that game ended up going to OT anyway, which is when Tim took over.

100%duncan
08-13-2014, 10:14 AM
It's the biggest shot of the season. What are you talking about?

r-nice
08-13-2014, 10:19 AM
It's the biggest shot of the season. What are you talking about?

I think some would argue the Diaw shot against Dallas or Tim's shot in OT.

100%duncan
08-13-2014, 10:32 AM

Oh yeah :lol I forgot in the thread that I started that I ranked Diaw's shot as the bigger one. Welp.

wildbill2u
08-13-2014, 10:39 AM
Lots of clutch shots to go around for the honor roll--but that's because we aren't a one man show like the Heat or OKC. Try to stop any one of our 3 pt shooters like Leonard, Diaw, Parker, Manu, Patty or Green and one of the others is a pretty good bet to get a great shot and can it. And that's leaving our traditional veteran 3pt. threat Bonner out of the equation as well as Tim waiting to make a 2+1.

I'd hate to be an opposing coach trying to defense these guys for one crucial shot against a play drawn up by Pop.

Agloco
08-13-2014, 11:22 AM

Probably because it wasn't that clutch? :downspin:

tmtcsc
08-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Had it won the game I would agree but it didn't, so I won't. I'll remember Game 6 for Kawhi's game starting dunk in Chewbacca's face, his steal on Westbrook, Westbrook's ridiculous 3 pt attempt that sealed their fate and Tim's clutch baskets in OT.

dabom
08-14-2014, 05:47 PM
Had it won the game I would agree but it didn't, so I won't. I'll remember Game 6 for Kawhi's game starting dunk in Chewbacca's face, his steal on Westbrook, Westbrook's ridiculous 3 pt attempt that sealed their fate and Tim's clutch baskets in OT.

Manu got blocked by ibaka b4 the kawhi steal. :lol

skulls138
08-14-2014, 06:14 PM
I can't believe we actually won a game needing a clutch 3Manus clutch three. There I talked about it, happy?

Cry Havoc
08-14-2014, 06:15 PM

Did you actually see that? I could have sworn you said the game was over beforehand and gone to bed.

DAF86
08-14-2014, 06:22 PM
:cry Manu sacrificed so much, yet he can't get recognition :cry

spurraider21
08-14-2014, 06:37 PM

CaptainLate
08-14-2014, 07:09 PM
Manus clutch three. There I talked about it, happy?

Too bad he sucked in Game 7 last year, or we could be going for :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: in a row.

ElNono
08-14-2014, 07:09 PM
,,,we're going down,,,,,,,,,,,Thunder in 8,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Tim the jumpshooter vs Abaka the beast,,,,,,,,shoulda forfeit,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,IMO,,,,,

100%duncan
08-14-2014, 10:57 PM

Had it not gone in there wouldn't be a kawhi steal, westbrook would have been celebrating instead of chucking, and there will be no Timmy's redemption for Game 7's miss.

dabom
08-14-2014, 11:27 PM
Had it not gone in there wouldn't be a kawhi steal, westbrook would have been celebrating instead of chucking, and there will be no Timmy's redemption for Game 7's miss.

Lets take it back further. We never get kawhi and we never get past the first round like ever. Tim Duncan puts his head down and retires 2 years ago.

KaiRMD1
08-14-2014, 11:27 PM
Ol' sport's clutch three was a great shot which led to this visual
http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/30/26/73/6385407/13/960x540.jpg

Sean Cagney
08-15-2014, 12:28 AM
Diaws shot was, period! I agree without that we are not in the damn Second round.
Had Diaws three not gone in there might not have been a 2nd round........ If we go back further.

cd021
08-15-2014, 01:07 AM

That was clearly the biggest shot of the season. He misses and Dalllas has a full shot-clock in Dallas with a chance to go up 3-1 against their arch-rivals.

The Ginobili shot was big but it didn't win the game. It went to OT were Duncan took over.

Spurs 4 The Win
08-15-2014, 01:12 AM
in recent years we've been more of a victim

Lol, we had a game winning 3 in 2OT vs Golden State in Game 3 last year, by Manu of course, dude is nails in crunch time

100%duncan
08-15-2014, 02:01 AM
Lets take it back further. We never get kawhi and we never get past the first round like ever. Tim Duncan puts his head down and retires 2 years ago.

I'm not arguing that dumbfuck. Without Kawhi or Manu, Spurs win shit. Brazil: "You're really bad at this"

100%duncan
08-15-2014, 02:02 AM
Diaws shot was, period! I agree without that we are not in the damn Second round.
Had Diaws three not gone in there might not have been a 2nd round........ If we go back further.

Yep. I have Diaw's as the biggest shot of the season all things put in to perspective.

spurraider21
08-15-2014, 02:11 AM
Joseph's dunk over ibaka

tmtcsc
08-15-2014, 08:24 AM

You can't say that for certain. We were down two and if Ginobili misses, perhaps we get the rebound and a putback OR get the ball back after the Thunder's next possession. We would have had about 2 or 3 seconds left.

100%duncan
08-15-2014, 08:35 AM
You can't say that for certain. We were down two and if Ginobili misses, perhaps we get the rebound and a putback OR get the ball back after the Thunder's next possession. We would have had about 2 or 3 seconds left.

You can't say that for certain.

tmtcsc
08-15-2014, 10:46 AM
Hence the word "perhaps".

Had it not gone in, there "might not" have been a kawhi steal, "maybe" westbrook would have been celebrating instead of chucking, and "perhaps" there would have been no Timmy's redemption for Game 7's miss.

Manu was fantastic, don't get me wrong but he also missed a "clutch" FT that probably would have iced the game.

Bill_Brasky
08-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Manu got blocked by ibaka b4 the kawhi steal. :lol

fkn goaltend

dabom
08-15-2014, 11:17 AM
fkn goaltend

Not that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1O3pq0KyXQ :toast

soxxx
08-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Looking back I think the Spurs blow the Thunder out if there was a game 7. Luckily it never went to that.

Yuixafun
08-15-2014, 03:04 PM
Manu's 3 was clutch.

KL is the one who gave the assist, after Manu gets a clean from pick from TIMMY on Fisher, knocking him down... sorta...

The spacing and execution is perfect.

Manu runs straight up towards the top of the Arc,

KL maintains his position on the left side keeping his defender there.

KL passes, Manu catches it in rhythm... PIVOTS ON A DIME.. he rotates leg and foot a shoulder witdh without straying into KL's defenders area, squares up and drains the shot.

If you watch the defender... he Stares at Manu when he catches the ball and is frozen for a moment... because KL is in his peripheral... but just as he's about to move...

KL hops back to the wing... to give MANU and out, and also perhaps in an effort to distract the defender.

Spurs go up 1 with 28ish seconds to go.

What's cool too is that Kerr is commenting and says he wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs went for a 3, to avoid overtime, as to not tax Duncan and Manu further, with a possible game 7 looming.

And then it happens.

BUT I SAY ALL THAT TO SAY THIS...

OKC has possession with Kevin Durant with the ball isolated at the top of three point line with KL crouched in front of him..
as he goes to attack he slips in front of KL who tries to pluck it up, but the ball ends up getting knocked away to...

Manu Ginobil... who grabs the ball and cuts up court and is fouled and then sent to the free throw line.

That whole sequence is special, it just wasn't one player, Manu and KL were in sync... pretty amazing now that I realize.