PDA

View Full Version : The negatives of body building

cantthinkofanything
08-13-2014, 12:30 PM
takes time
weights are fucking heavy
pointless (unless you have some economic gain from body building)

The Gemini Method
08-13-2014, 12:31 PM
No pain; No gain.

Avante
08-13-2014, 12:44 PM
takes time
weights are fucking heavy
pointless (unless you have some economic gain from body building)

You play any instrument, why, if you don't do it professionally? You sing, why if you aren't making $$$$ off it? You draw, why, if you aren't getting paid for it?

You wanna slow down the aging process, who doesn't? So do you smoke, drink, eat shit, do nothing physical? Of course not, ya don't smoke, don't drink***, eat the right stuff and do all you can to stay in shape....you disagree?

I;m 65, when I;m around old fucks that age I stand out like a square at a circle convention, these guys are old fucks.

*** not talking about a few beers now and then.

Andy
08-13-2014, 01:06 PM
Some people read books, some people lift weights, some people fuck their moms. It's just another hobby.

Improving your health and image sound like positives to me.

lefty
08-13-2014, 01:12 PM
No pain; No gain.

DarrinS
08-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Most people that say they are "body building" are really just lifting weights. Nothing negative about exercise, unless you are a cross-fitter soccer mom trying to do power cleans.

cantthinkofanything
08-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Some people read books, some people lift weights, some people fuck their moms. It's just another hobby.

Nothing wrong with improving health or getting stronger. I just don't see the point of trying to look all swoled up and shit. It's not a natural look.

xellos88330
08-13-2014, 01:18 PM
I hate weight lifting. My trainer makes me do it, and I have come to learn that sometimes it is necessary to lift in order to accomplish you ideal form.

cantthinkofanything
08-13-2014, 01:20 PM
I hate weight lifting. My trainer makes me do it, and I have come to learn that sometimes it is necessary to lift in order to accomplish you ideal form.

I'm not talking about just lifting weights. I'm talking about designing a regimen and spending all that time focusing on what the body ends up looking like. As opposed to actual function.

The Gemini Method
08-13-2014, 01:20 PM
FUCKKKK YOUUUUUUUUU ALLLLLL THIS HGHHHHHHH IS COURSINGGGGGG THROUGHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY VEINNSSSSSS IIII CANTTTTTT EVEENNNNN FITTTT THISSSSS AFFFLICTIONNNNN SHIRTTTTT ANYMOREEEEEEEE

cantthinkofanything
08-13-2014, 01:22 PM
This shit looks good to you guys?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/109956/2096946-female-body-builder-jemblog-6.png

Avante
08-13-2014, 01:22 PM
I'm not talking about just lifting weights. I'm talking about designing a regimen and spending all that time focusing on what the body ends up looking like. As opposed to actual function.

You don't get it!

cantthinkofanything
08-13-2014, 01:26 PM
You don't get it!

Maybe not. I guess I'm fortunate to be naturally good looking and fit. With a minimal amount of effort, I stay toned and super strong.

Avante
08-13-2014, 01:27 PM
This shit looks good to you guys?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/109956/2096946-female-body-builder-jemblog-6.png

How about.....
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/t/torriewilson/23.jpg

The Gemini Method
08-13-2014, 01:28 PM
Some muscles on a girl is cool--as along as she's not speaking at a lower octave than you or she all veined out.

Avante
08-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Maybe not. I guess I'm fortunate to be naturally good looking and fit. With a minimal amount of effort, I stay toned and super strong.

Nobody just stays toned and super strong slugger. So why the bullshit?

cantthinkofanything
08-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Nobody just stays toned and super strong slugger. So why the bullshit?

With my lifestyle, I do stay toned and super strong. I don't require lifting weights.

xellos88330
08-13-2014, 01:34 PM

I follow you. Believe me, I do not want to get all huge. I prefer functionality on the basketball court as opposed to brute power. I told my trainer that and so he designed my workout regimen to focus solely on basketball aspects to help me improve as a player. The lifting he explains is to make my shot from deep effortless, keep my dribble after contact, increase the speed of my cuts, increase my vertical, and balance. It also involves quite a bit of resistance training, cardio, weighted ball (medicine ball and fitness ball) stuff.

This naturally evolved my body to start looking different. Definitely happy with the results.

cantthinkofanything
08-13-2014, 01:46 PM
I follow you. Believe me, I do not want to get all huge. I prefer functionality on the basketball court as opposed to brute power. I told my trainer that and so he designed my workout regimen to focus solely on basketball aspects to help me improve as a player. The lifting he explains is to make my shot from deep effortless, keep my dribble after contact, increase the speed of my cuts, increase my vertical, and balance. It also involves quite a bit of resistance training, cardio, weighted ball (medicine ball and fitness ball) stuff.

This naturally evolved my body to start looking different. Definitely happy with the results.

right. to me, that's very different than "body building".

Avante
08-13-2014, 03:47 PM
With my lifestyle, I do stay toned and super strong. I don't require lifting weights.

I give, so exactly what is you do you stay in such great shape?

cantthinkofanything
08-13-2014, 04:00 PM
I give, so exactly what is you do you stay in such great shape?

Push your mom's fat back over her head.

Avante
08-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Push your mom's fat back over her head.

translation

I'm just talking out my ass as usual. I'm too stupid to figure out sets and reps.

Cry Havoc
08-13-2014, 06:03 PM
Q5QJ9i_o5vo?t=11s

Franklin
08-13-2014, 09:13 PM
The prime Linda Hamilton showed you how much is the maximum amount of muscles a woman can have on her body while still looking somewhat sexy tbh. I prefer buxom ladies (like LG and Scarlett, both my goddesses), but those muscular girls are maybe the least likely to appeal to me. I'd rather have one who's rather fat than another whose muscles are even better than mine, tbh.

Reck
08-13-2014, 11:31 PM

There is a difference in hitting the gym and working your ass off to have a Rock type physique and another to workout to keep in shape and keep away the fat.

I workout for the latter. I dont need to look ripped or have a 6-pack or whatever. You have to have dedication to keep up with that.

There is nothing wrong, however to workout, say 15-20 minutes every day to keep your indurance up and keep healthy.

cantthinkofanything
08-14-2014, 08:37 AM
There is a difference in hitting the gym and working your ass off to have a Rock type physique and another to workout to keep in shape and keep away the fat.

I workout for the latter. I dont need to look ripped or have a 6-pack or whatever. You have to have dedication to keep up with that.

There is nothing wrong, however to workout, say 15-20 minutes every day to keep your indurance up and keep healthy.

Pretty much this. Except for "indurance".

Trainwreck2100
08-14-2014, 10:20 AM
when you say body building, do you mean the show quality or fatass powerlifters? Either way gyms and supps are expensive as shit it's a pretty expensive hobby.

jdiggy0424
08-14-2014, 10:26 AM
I personally don't find anything wrong with weightlifting. It's a great way to escape from the world, nothing else but your music and the weights.

Franklin
08-14-2014, 07:41 PM
agree, no one could acquire the same muscles as Arnold, not even close without extensive workout. For most people working out 15-20 minutes a day is just a method of maintaining good health and fitness imho.

Avante
08-14-2014, 08:54 PM
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/u/ultimatewarrior/04.jpg

Buddy Mignon
08-14-2014, 09:15 PM
Is that you.

byrontx
08-14-2014, 09:26 PM
Lifting weights helps you feel better and look better. The discipline of working out regularly will impact other areas of your life and you will become more goal-oriented, positive, and willing to take up challenges.

I'm about to change up my routine and work negatives some. I am also going to mix in some three count lifts. If you do not know what lifting negatives mean; its when you take heavy weights and slowly decompress the muscle.

DMC
08-14-2014, 10:25 PM
Most people that say they are "body building" are really just lifting weights. Nothing negative about exercise, unless you are a cross-fitter soccer mom trying to do power cleans.

If she can clean her kitchen in record time, more power to her.

Avante
08-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Is that you.

Nope!

I wonder if anyone here knows who that is. He's well known.