PDA

View Full Version : Well, You know school is back in sesssion...

MannyIsGod
08-22-2005, 08:46 AM
When traffic is all of a sudden horrendus near every school zone. And why can't people just slow down? Do you really need to fly through a damn school zone?

All the streets near SAC this morning were jammed full of students and various other people. It was a madhouse. But I think even away from the large schools you have way more traffic or maybe it is just a cumliative effect. Who knows?

Oh, and while I'm bitching (:lol), I hate that I have to open my discman and take out the disc just to put new batteries in. Why can't they put the battery cover on the outside like normal cd players?

PHANTOM21
08-22-2005, 08:53 AM
I dont know why the speed limit has to be set at 20mph, there are already enough speedbumps around the schools, it's like driving down a street chock full of potholes. And the city needs to do a better of job of keeping the streets around the schools cleaner, everytime I get to work I have to clean school books, backpacks and homework assignments out from under my car, off my grill and from inside wheel wells, its really starting to piss me off

MannyIsGod
08-22-2005, 08:55 AM
I dont know why the speed limit has to be set at 20mph, there are already enough speedbumps around the schools, it's like driving down a street chock full of potholes. And the city needs to do a better of job of keeping the streets around the schools cleaner, everytime I get to work I have to clean school books, backpacks and homework assignments out from under my car, off my grill and from inside wheel wells, its really starting to piss me off
:lol

ObiwanGinobili
08-22-2005, 08:55 AM
school zones ae making a huge difference in commute.
"my husband" (god forbid i say his name) used ot leave work at 530 and be home by 6 - now he's leaving at 530 and is home at 630.

MannyIsGod
08-22-2005, 08:58 AM
The school zones are over by 4 though? :wtf

batman2883
08-22-2005, 08:59 AM
Man i hate that i live right in front of McDermott Elementary so now everytime i try to leave in the morning (if its going to be as bad as it was this morning) im going to have to wait like 20 minutes just to exit the apartment complex what kinda shit is that

MannyIsGod
08-22-2005, 09:00 AM
Man i hate that i live right in front of McDermott Elementary so now everytime i try to leave in the morning (if its going to be as bad as it was this morning) im going to have to wait like 20 minutes just to exit the apartment complex what kinda shit is that
Do people still play ball there in the afternoon?

Man, I remember being 11 and begining my basketball career there. :lol

ObiwanGinobili
08-22-2005, 09:27 AM
The school zones are over by 4 though? :wtf

it's a joke.
sorry if it sucks.

Ginofan
08-22-2005, 09:34 AM
One of the very few reasons I like going to work so early is because of the school zones I have to pass...they aren't in affect at 5:30 in the morning. Just sucks on the way home if I don't get out early enough.

batman2883
08-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Do people still play ball there in the afternoon?

Man, I remember being 11 and begining my basketball career there. :lol

Yeah there are few scrubs that play there still i went out there like once to see what they had....ill just stick to O.P.

MannyIsGod
08-22-2005, 09:45 AM
It used to be way better. The court is super small, but there would be 25-30 people there waiting to play back in the day. They may have sucked, but they seemd really freaking awesome to someone who was 12 and barely cracking 5 feet.

Shelly
08-22-2005, 09:47 AM
I've already cracked open the Champagne :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk

MannyIsGod
08-22-2005, 09:58 AM
:lol I thought about you this morning Shelly. I really did.

Shelly
08-22-2005, 09:59 AM
:lol I thought about you this morning Shelly. I really did.

:lmao

Thanks! I laughed at all the parents taking pictures and crying.

batman2883
08-22-2005, 10:07 AM
ha ha haha ha I cut off a school bus and felt proud of myself....remembering those days i would have to chase the bus cause i was late to the bus stop

JoeChalupa
08-22-2005, 10:20 AM
My two started today. It gets to me every year.

SpursWoman
08-22-2005, 10:46 AM
Mine started last Monday. :)

:drunk one for me, Shelly!

Ishta
08-22-2005, 12:47 PM
My 3 started today my baby is finally in school.... I had a breakdown last night, but I'm over it now!!:lol :lol :lol :lol

Shelly
08-22-2005, 12:57 PM
The silence is wonderful and my poor dog if finally catching up on all her naps she couldn't take during the summer!

1Parker1
08-22-2005, 01:03 PM
:depressed I start next Monday...........................

ObiwanGinobili
08-22-2005, 01:08 PM
:depressed I start next Monday...........................

well at least your mom won't be dropping you off. crying and sobing and pulling out the kodak.

1Parker1
08-22-2005, 01:10 PM
well at least your mom won't be dropping you off. crying and sobing and pulling out the kodak.

:lmao I'm picturing my mom dropping me off at college in and sobbing and taking out the camera in front of everyone........there goes my social life!

ObiwanGinobili
08-22-2005, 01:13 PM
in a bathrobe or sweat pants... and then she yells after you "i put some extra phone cards in your book bag!! 'cause I care!!"

1Parker1
08-22-2005, 01:16 PM
in a bathrobe or sweat pants... and then she yells after you "i put some extra phone cards in your book bag!! 'cause I care!!"

Oh god. :lol

2Blonde
08-22-2005, 01:23 PM
My daughter will start High School next year. We have this really adorable pic from her first day of kindergarten where I am kneeling beside her next to the sign at her grade school. I asked her if I could do the same thing on her first day of high school for posterity. I thought it would look cool in the picture album when she is older. She said "NO WAY". But then I said, "how about if we go up after school when everyone is gone and take the picture." She is okay with that, as long as I don't tell anyone about it.

...2Blonde

Solid D
08-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Hi, I just wanted to take the opportunity to post in one of Manny's threads that isn't laced with profanity. Awesome! :)

Kip Fanatic
08-22-2005, 01:34 PM
For some strange reason I saw a large amount of women dropping of their kids who were freakin' hot. I want to be a teacher at that school. A lot of them in clothes to go running in. Wow! It made the morning school traffic a little better.`

bigzak25
08-22-2005, 02:24 PM
you know school is back in session when you rush to your mom's after work to change into your bball clothes, but slow to a crawl when passing the highschool cheerleading practice on the football field....or so i've heard. :tu

JoeChalupa
08-22-2005, 02:25 PM
MILF's!!!