PDA

View Full Version : The way kids see it.

RandomGuy
08-13-2014, 08:21 PM
Thought you might want a break from the crap for something life-affirming and optimistic.

DT5eFdDDFPI

baseline bum
08-13-2014, 09:07 PM
d24QyaNMfnc

HuoGTS1jwdA

DMC
08-13-2014, 10:20 PM
None of them have jobs or have ever had to earn a living. They are basically liberals.

cantthinkofanything
08-14-2014, 08:45 AM
p34j0atQdJo

elege
08-14-2014, 09:46 AM
None of them have jobs or have ever had to earn a living. They are basically liberals.

Are you justifying people being shitty human beings because they have bad jobs?

cantthinkofanything
08-14-2014, 09:55 AM
Are you justifying people being shitty human beings because they have bad jobs?

People without jobs need to get over themselves and take a job that they are meant for. Quit believing that you need a new phone and big ass TV. I don't cut food with a spoon. The world doesn't need stupid doctors. If you're stupid, go pick up trash or dig holes. That needs to be done also. Take pride in doing something you can do and do it well. Quit sitting on your black asses and quit complaining about Mexicans taking jobs that you didn't want to do anyway.

DD
08-14-2014, 10:30 AM
Thought you might want a break from the crap for something life-affirming and optimistic.

DT5eFdDDFPI

You never miss a chance to exploit hungry children, do you?

DD
08-14-2014, 10:30 AM

People without jobs need to get over themselves and take a job that they are meant for. Quit believing that you need a new phone and big ass TV. I don't cut food with a spoon. The world doesn't need stupid doctors. If you're stupid, go pick up trash or dig holes. That needs to be done also. Take pride in doing something you can do and do it well. Quit sitting on your black asses and quit complaining about Mexicans taking jobs that you didn't want to do anyway.

:tu

elege
08-14-2014, 01:14 PM

I don't really know what you mean by "job they are meant for," but I do agree that everyone should take part in contribution to our society/environment. As you said, some of these jobs are not very glamorous, but they are necessary. That's why a living wage is so important (again not enough to live like hogs, but enough to have at least the basics).

cantthinkofanything
08-14-2014, 01:22 PM
I don't really know what you mean by "job they are meant for," but I do agree that everyone should take part in contribution to our society/environment. As you said, some of these jobs are not very glamorous, but they are necessary. That's why a living wage is so important (again not enough to live like hogs, but enough to have at least the basics).

I mean that some people aren't meant to be doctors, musicians, pro athletes, etc. Not to say that people don't have choices and can't get somewhere by hard work. But not every job is for every one. And fucking not being able to afford both food AND a big screen TV? well, that's just how it goes.

And if I'm interviewing

elege
08-14-2014, 01:34 PM
I mean that some people aren't meant to be doctors, musicians, pro athletes, etc. Not to say that people don't have choices and can't get somewhere by hard work. But not every job is for every one. And fucking not being able to afford both food AND a big screen TV? well, that's just how it goes.

And if I'm interviewing

I understand that. I just meant what would the criteria be for a job one was meant to take. Is it based on ability or desire or a little bit of both?(i would argue that it at least shouldn't be ability alone. E.g. the dude who is great at his job but hates it so he beats the shit out of his wife and kids when he gets home). Also should there be any other factors for this utopian human resource dept?

cantthinkofanything
08-14-2014, 01:41 PM
I understand that. I just meant what would the criteria be for a job one was meant to take. Is it based on ability or desire or a little bit of both?(i would argue that it at least shouldn't be ability alone. E.g. the dude who is great at his job but hates it so he beats the shit out of his wife and kids when he gets home). Also should there be any other factors for this utopian human resource dept?

Based on both. But too many people are sitting at home complaining about jobs they can't get while completely ignoring the fact that they have neither the aptitude nor work ethic required. Instead falling back on, "they system is rigged". Someone going home and beating the shit out of his wife and kids is a different discussion than me solving the jobless situation.

elege
08-14-2014, 02:20 PM
Based on both. But too many people are sitting at home complaining about jobs they can't get while completely ignoring the fact that they have neither the aptitude nor work ethic required. Instead falling back on, "they system is rigged". Someone going home and beating the shit out of his wife and kids is a different discussion than me solving the jobless situation.

I think the reason they want that "better" job is to make more money(current minimum wage is not enough to get by on in even the shittiest apts in the shitty part of town), which would be less of an issue with a living wage. In regards to the excuse of the system being rigged, I don't think that should ever be used as a crutch. However, I don't think you could argue that it isn't at least sometimes, especially in low-paying jobs where people have very little voice and are viewed as expendable. It may not be rigged against one specific person, but it may be rigged against one specific type of person. All of this is why education is so important, so people know when they are getting intentionally screwed over vs being incidentally screwed over.

cantthinkofanything
08-14-2014, 02:35 PM
I think the reason they want that "better" job is to make more money(current minimum wage is not enough to get by on in even the shittiest apts in the shitty part of town), which would be less of an issue with a living wage. In regards to the excuse of the system being rigged, I don't think that should ever be used as a crutch. However, I don't think you could argue that it isn't at least sometimes, especially in low-paying jobs where people have very little voice and are viewed as expendable. It may not be rigged against one specific person, but it may be rigged against one specific type of person. All of this is why education is so important, so people know when they are getting intentionally screwed over vs being incidentally screwed over.

before they look for a "better" job, they need to look for "a" job. when all of these people on welfare start looking for a job then they can complain about shit if they don't get one. sitting around collecting welfare is one of the reasons we still have plenty of jobs for immigrants coming over that are willing to work.