PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Andre iguoadala is the most overrated player in the league..

apalisoc_9
08-14-2014, 12:30 AM
This guy was just flat out atrocious last year...Klay thompson did half of his job in defensive end last year and he still gets a first team defense selection team...:lol

Malik Hairston
08-14-2014, 12:46 AM
He's only overrated by metrics people IMO, but ya, players like him that defer on offense and can't shoot consistently are generally overrated..it also looks like he's on the decline, too..

Most overrated players in the league:

1. John Wall/Rajon Rondo/Tony Parker
2. Greg Monroe
3. Kenneth Faried
4. Joakim Noah
5. Demar Derozan

TDMVPDPOY
08-14-2014, 12:48 AM
remember when gsw faggots would claim they would beat the spurs had IGGY wasnt injured...

lmao, dont know what cock they are stroking, but whatever rocks their boat

Venti Quattro
08-14-2014, 12:49 AM
I like Iguodala

Ghazi
08-14-2014, 12:50 AM
Faried isnt overrated.hes not considered a top 50 player by anyone.

Ghazi
08-14-2014, 12:51 AM
Iguodala is a quality role player, and tbh nobody considers him a superstar or even a semi star.. Not sure how hes overrated

Malik Hairston
08-14-2014, 12:57 AM
Iguodala is a quality role player, and tbh nobody considers him a superstar or even a semi star.. Not sure how hes overrated

Iguodala and Faried are extremely overrated in the advanced stats community, tbh, especially the former..

Malik Hairston
08-14-2014, 01:02 AM
Monta Ellis is another overrated player I forgot to mention, too..

Below-average on/off metrics, relatively inefficient, etc..

spurraider21
08-14-2014, 01:05 AM
I hate to say it but Kawhi Leonard is starting to get overrated... then again SpursTalk is the forum I'm on the most, so I'm not sure how he's perceived in other communities. I imagine lazy fans who just see the F-MVP award suddenly think he's the best player in the Spurs and is a LeBron stopper. if they were on equal teams, lebron would ice kawhi

Ghazi
08-14-2014, 01:05 AM
Do advanced stats support Faried? Hs undersized and cant shoot, only gets hustle points and a terrible defender.. Imo

Malik Hairston
08-14-2014, 01:22 AM
Do advanced stats support Faried? Hs undersized and cant shoot, only gets hustle points and a terrible defender.. Imo

He rates well with the Wages of Wins community(which is the shittiest and most inaccurate advanced metrics, with a cult-like following..most knowledgable advanced metrics people dismiss it), but also has a good PER IIRC..

Iguodala is a God in the metrics community, tbh:lol..his RAPM and overall on/off metrics are as good as it gets..

Franklin
08-14-2014, 02:45 AM
It's hard to believe players like Iggy could be overrated, but yes he is overrated. Mediocre shooting skill for a G/F, although dude's D is good he's still no better than a prime G-Force or Josh-Ho imho. He was once the franchise player of a scrub team (the post-Iverson 76ers) which should be counted as a main reason why he was so much overrated imho. Some mav fan even went apeshit in 2010 when he saw the Mavs landing big daddy TC instead of Iggy :lol the same dude would also take pickle over beef, tbh.

Chinook
08-14-2014, 03:05 AM
I like Iggy a lot. He'd've been a great sixth man for the Spurs. I actually think he's the least overrated out of the Warrior's starting perimeter players.

Antetokounmpo is up there for most overrated. He looks like garbage most of the time. I could totally see him being the same player in two years. Patrick Beverly is pretty overrated as well.

Raven
08-14-2014, 05:19 AM
i've been an igoudala hater way before it was cool.. he did win the net rating contest this year though..

ezau
08-14-2014, 05:22 AM
Iguodala is a poor man's Kawhi Leonard.

wanggi
08-14-2014, 05:30 AM
What a moronic thread. Iguodala is overrated? He ain't even worth a topic.

100%duncan
08-14-2014, 05:38 AM
i've been an igoudala hater way before it was cool.. he did win the net rating contest this year though..

werd

Raven
08-14-2014, 06:15 AM
werd

at the time he was the franchise player in philly, he was very well liked and none really talked shit about him.

MeloHype
08-14-2014, 06:18 AM
Kinda hard to be overrated if everybody says you're overrated

100%duncan
08-14-2014, 06:35 AM
at the time he was the franchise player in philly, he was very well liked and none really talked shit about him.

Didn't really buy into his hype tbh. It's amazing how much recognition this guy gets :lol

lefty
08-14-2014, 06:38 AM
All those guus are overrated

Michael Adams would whoop theor asses :lol

ambchang
08-14-2014, 06:40 AM
Lebron James is extremely overrated. GOAT :lmao

TDMVPDPOY
08-14-2014, 06:47 AM
I hate to say it but Kawhi Leonard is starting to get overrated... then again SpursTalk is the forum I'm on the most, so I'm not sure how he's perceived in other communities. I imagine lazy fans who just see the F-MVP award suddenly think he's the best player in the Spurs and is a LeBron stopper. if they were on equal teams, lebron would ice kawhi

overrated as in what? his already achieve so much in 3 seasons more then what AI has done for his whole career

Texas_Ranger
08-14-2014, 07:18 AM
he's still gonna get at least 86 on 2K... i dont get it.

spurraider21
08-14-2014, 10:38 AM
overrated as in what? his already achieve so much in 3 seasons more then what AI has done for his whole career
Overrated as in people think he is better than he actually is. Did I really have to explain that?

100%duncan
08-14-2014, 11:48 AM
^ :lol

PingPong
08-14-2014, 12:10 PM
Overrated as in people think he is better than he actually is. Did I really have to explain that?

But anybody outside of ST gives a fuck about KL?

kobe4life
08-14-2014, 01:12 PM
My overrated starting 5 would be Rose,Wade, The Great Satan, Kevin Love, Dwight Howard.

manufan10
08-14-2014, 02:22 PM

Yeah, he still has a ways to go in his development. He does have the tool to make it happen though.

wanggi
08-15-2014, 11:57 PM
The fans in Philly didn't have other choice while none was really worth talking about.

DPG21920
08-16-2014, 12:01 AM
How is TP overrated? Especially tied for number one..

He hardly ever gets mentioned in truly raw moments of people ranking players or even just PGs. People put Rondo over him. They put Wall over him. They put so many PG's over him and never list him in the top five unless it's a written article where they can think about it and feel obligated to mention him tbh..

HemisfairArena
08-16-2014, 12:08 AM
There will never be a more overrated player than Kobrick in our lifetime. A glorified sidekick shoved down peoples throats to make them think he is a top 10 great of All Time. If you had to go with the most overrated player in the game today,,,,it would start with the sidekick making 48.5 the next 2 years,,,,

Galileo
08-16-2014, 11:32 AM
I like Iggy a lot. He'd've been a great sixth man for the Spurs. I actually think he's the least overrated out of the Warrior's starting perimeter players.

Antetokounmpo is up there for most overrated. He looks like garbage most of the time. I could totally see him being the same player in two years. Patrick Beverly is pretty overrated as well.

Antetokounmpo the Greek Freak is now 6'11" and will one day be league MVP. I should know, I am from Wisconsin.

Galileo
08-16-2014, 11:37 AM
Lebron James is extremely overrated. GOAT :lmao

I agree, Lebron is easily the most overrated player in pro sports. He is consistently called "the best player on the planet" yet he gets outplayed over the 82-game regular season by Durantula and despite having 2 all-star teammates team wins only 54 games in lame weak eastern conference. Then in playoffs does not really shine against 2 teams with negative SRS ratings (Bobcats, Nets), has only one 30-point game vs Indiana, then gets outplayed in Finals by a 22-year-old KL.

BG_Spurs_Fan
08-16-2014, 04:10 PM
Antetokounmpo the Greek Freak is now 6'11" and will one day be league MVP. I should know, I am from Wisconsin.

:lmao

I agree, Lebron is easily the most overrated player in pro sports. He is consistently called "the best player on the planet" yet he gets outplayed over the 82-game regular season by Durantula

Then in playoffs does not really shine against 2 teams with negative SRS ratings (Bobcats, Nets), has only one 30-point game vs Indiana, then gets outplayed in Finals by a 22-year-old KL.

Galileo
08-16-2014, 05:24 PM

The Bucks will square up the Spurs in the 2015 NBA Finals. The new Big Three: Greek Freak, Jabari Parker, and John Henson