PDA

View Full Version : Poor Hillary

cheguevara
08-14-2014, 12:34 AM
Does she really think she has a chance???

http://cdn.rt.com/files/news/2b/f9/80/00/clinton-obama-criticism-syria.si.jpg

ElNono
08-14-2014, 12:46 AM
Who is she running against?

cheguevara
08-14-2014, 12:52 AM
Who is she running against?

in the general elections? does it matter? Even Palin would beat her

Wild Cobra
08-14-2014, 01:02 AM
Does she really think she has a chance???

http://cdn.rt.com/files/news/2b/f9/80/00/clinton-obama-criticism-syria.si.jpg
After the concussion she suffered that stops her from remembering Benghazi, maybe she actually believes she has a chance.

ElNono
08-14-2014, 01:19 AM

I'm not a fan of hers, but you can never underestimate the GOP ability to pick terrible candidates.

cheguevara
08-14-2014, 01:29 AM
I'm not a fan of hers, but you can never underestimate the GOP ability to pick terrible candidates.

Cant argue with this

Wild Cobra
08-14-2014, 01:34 AM

What's really sad is that is totally true.

Infinite_limit
08-14-2014, 02:04 AM
I won't be voting for her but at this point she will Win

"Now that we had our first Black President, it's time for a woman! Yippeeee" Will be the battle cry

The Reckoning
08-14-2014, 12:21 PM
if i had a dick glued to my forehead i'd be elected just because i'm different

ChumpDumper
08-15-2014, 12:09 PM
Take it up with Fox News. Their polls have Hillary beating each of the leading Republicans by double digits.

DarrinS
08-15-2014, 12:42 PM
Hillary no longer liberal enough for Dems. But, the GOP has moved FAR FAR to the EXTREME right. Lol.

Hillary/Castro ticket? http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/the-clintons-break-bread-and-build-ties-with-julian-castro-stoking-talk-of-a-2016-ticket/2014/08/14/ad57c662-23c3-11e4-86ca-6f03cbd15c1a_story.html

boutons_deux
08-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Repugs reachout to Latinos: KY jelly-brains Bitch McConnell wants to force a Senate vote on the House REPUG bill to kill all aid to immigrants, and block all such Executive actions on immigrant aid.

iow, let the diseased little fuckers starve, and rot in their own shit.

pgardn
08-15-2014, 03:28 PM

You are out of touch on so many levels...

CosmicCowboy
08-15-2014, 04:40 PM
Repugs reachout to Latinos: KY jelly-brains Bitch McConnell wants to force a Senate vote on the House REPUG bill to kill all aid to immigrants, and block all such Executive actions on immigrant aid.

iow, let the diseased little fuckers starve, and rot in their own shit.

Guess Boo just sees "brown" instead of all the different nationalities under that label. Who is to say the Americanized Mexicans really give a shit about the new invaders from Central America?

Oh, Gee!!
08-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Even Palin would beat her

Palin is a pipe dream of the far-right fringe.

Oh, Gee!!
08-15-2014, 05:12 PM
Guess Boo just sees "brown" instead of all the different nationalities under that label. Who is to say the Americanized Mexicans really give a shit about the new invaders from Central America?

Hispanics voted (D) in 2012 by a wide margin (70% I think). Republicans have done little since then to win them over.

CosmicCowboy
08-15-2014, 05:55 PM
Hispanics voted (D) in 2012 by a wide margin (70% I think). Republicans have done little since then to win them over.

Oh, I agree. Certainly in Texas those voting roots go way back to the classic south texas patron system. My hope is that more and more hispanics will aspire to be like many that I do business with and realize that the D's basic premise isn't to reward individual merit and upward aspiration but rather to create a new nationwide patron system of dependence.

CosmicCowboy
08-15-2014, 06:01 PM
Just curious...

What would you guys list as voting hispanic issues?

Good schools?
Good Jobs?
public safety?
The opportunity (not the promise) of the american dream?

Pretty much like anyone else, right?

Where does uncontrolled borders and immigration really fit into the debate?

Clipper Nation
08-15-2014, 08:51 PM
If Hillary can't beat the warmongering, big-government Jeebotard that the GOP will inevitably install as their nominee, it will be one of the biggest embarrassments in the history of the Democratic Party :lol

Twisted_Dawg
08-15-2014, 09:06 PM

Cant argue with this

What's really sad is that is totally true.

So fucking true. They will get some idiot that will speak non stop about abortion and homosexuals. Fortuneatly, the Dems took out one of the dim witted players in Rick Perry tonight.

ElNono
08-15-2014, 10:31 PM
Just curious...

What would you guys list as voting hispanic issues?

Good schools?
Good Jobs?
public safety?
The opportunity (not the promise) of the american dream?

Pretty much like anyone else, right?

It's actually some of that. I'll say at the top of the list are:

1) Immigration reform: I don't think they'll oppose closing down the border, but those that have papers (and vote), have family or friends that do not have papers and see their daily struggles. They also know those struggles well, as it's likely they went through them themselves in the past. They want a legal path so their close ones can work, drive and function in our society. Maybe some sort of worker visa with possibility to eventually acquire citizenship, or full blown amnesty. I don't know what the solution is, but this is a major issue, and ideas like 'self-deportation' are just mind-boggling insulting. They don't want to leave, they can do that anytime they want. They want to stay, legally.

2) The economy: They migrated here for a better future. They want jobs and opportunity like everyone else.

You nail those two, you get their votes. The rest largely doesn't matter. I mean, sure, nobody likes crime. But odds are they already lived in a much more violent environment than the worse you see around here.

ElNono
08-15-2014, 10:49 PM
Hillary no longer liberal enough for Dems. But, the GOP has moved FAR FAR to the EXTREME right. Lol.

What's the LOL about that?

DarrinS
08-15-2014, 11:05 PM
What's the LOL about that?

If the left in this country has moved further left, then I guess it would appear (to them) that the the GOP has moved further right. But have they?

pgardn
08-15-2014, 11:18 PM
If the left in this country has moved further left, then I guess it would appear (to them) that the the GOP has moved further right. But have they?

And the Right plays the relativity card.
Well done.

Oh, Gee!!
08-15-2014, 11:20 PM

The reactions/solutions by republicans to the immigration issue are not helpful. They are turning off Hispanic voters, so whatever good ideas they have about other important issues fall on deaf ears.

Aztecfan03
08-15-2014, 11:40 PM

And the media's ability to make them 1000 times worse than they are.

pgardn
08-15-2014, 11:47 PM
And the media's ability to make them 1000 times worse than they are.

Oh yeah.

The media, like Rush Limbaugh.

Aztecfan03
08-15-2014, 11:53 PM
Oh yeah.

The media, like Rush Limbaugh.

No like the fake Sarah Palin quotes and the bulshit made over nothing with Romney.

ElNono
08-15-2014, 11:58 PM

I don't think Hillary was much to the left to begin with, but if you can't tell the difference between the McCain of yesteryear with the Ted Cruz of today, as far as moving further right, I don't know what to tell you.

That said, I won't disagree that demographics in general have been gravitating from the right to at least the center in the past few decades... which is why it makes no sense for the left to go further left or the right go further right, IMO.

pgardn
08-16-2014, 12:04 AM
No like the fake Sarah Palin quotes and the bulshit made over nothing with Romney.
Sarah Palin was asked what she read to keep up with the world. She basically had no answer. I watched that and it was NOT Saturday Night Live.

Mitt pulled his 47% BS when he knows part of federal taxes are removed via payroll. He tried to tell constituents that people were NOT paying taxes. It's basically a blatant misrepresentation of people that don't have investment income. In other words, they are not all that wealthy. That's just stupid.

Wild Cobra
08-16-2014, 12:19 AM

Maybe California will slide off into the ocean!

Aztecfan03
08-16-2014, 12:22 AM
Sarah Palin was asked what she read to keep up with the world. She basically had no answer. I watched that and it was NOT Saturday Night Live.

Mitt pulled his 47% BS when he knows part of federal taxes are removed via payroll. He tried to tell constituents that people were NOT paying taxes. It's basically a blatant misrepresentation of people that don't have investment income. In other words, they are not all that wealthy. That's just stupid.

I believe McCain would have been just as bad as Obama, but Palin was not the reason(I don't think she should be president either though)

And with Mitt, I was thinking of stuff more like sesame street and "binders full of women". I guess it isn't necessarily the media just stupid people spouting bullshit.

Aztecfan03
08-16-2014, 12:23 AM

Meaning I could move to Arizona and still be near the ocean? Sweet.

pgardn
08-16-2014, 12:24 AM

Maybe Texas, my home state, will become part of Mexico.

ElNono
08-16-2014, 12:30 AM
Palin was a terrible pick, rushed and unprepared. Just a bad choice.

I thought Mitt would win until he got caught secretly talking how he really felt about "the 47%". Then Todd Akin delivered the final blow with the "legitimate rape" talk. I still can't believe how red team blew that election.

None of those things have anything to do with the media. Fox News will gladly go to bat for any GOP candidate, anyways, and the reality is it's largely the same media that was there when Bush Sr and Bush Jr won their elections...

ElNono
08-16-2014, 12:34 AM
CC is good people, tbh... after being to Texas many times, I understand why there's such a disconnect in certain topics, not really his fault. It's like a different world out there.

But he isn't unreasonable... despite bleeding red :lol

baseline bum
08-16-2014, 12:39 AM
Palin was a terrible pick, rushed and unprepared. Just a bad choice.

I thought Mitt would win until he got caught secretly talking how he really felt about "the 47%". Then Todd Akin delivered the final blow with the "legitimate rape" talk. I still can't believe how red team blew that election.

None of those things have anything to do with the media. Fox News will gladly go to bat for any GOP candidate, anyways, and the reality is it's largely the same media that was there when Bush Sr and Bush Jr won their elections...

Romney fucked himself picking Ryan. All he had to do was pretend to be a centrist, like when Obama pretends to be liberal during elections.

ElNono
08-16-2014, 12:46 AM
Romney fucked himself picking Ryan. All he had to do was pretend to be a centrist, like when Obama pretends to be liberal during elections.

I thought Sloppy Joe would offset the Ryan pick, tbh... Mitt made a lot of mistakes... like I said earlier, who talks about "self-deportation" and think it's appealing to hispanics? No wonder 70% of hispanics voted for HNIC...

The GOP better get their shit together before the next few elections. I mean, Barry is basically handing them Congress and the WH in a silver platter.

baseline bum
08-16-2014, 01:14 AM
The GOP better get their shit together before the next few elections. I mean, Barry is basically handing them Congress and the WH in a silver platter.

They can't get their shit together. If they don't go full wingnut in their safe red districts they get primaried.

Twisted_Dawg
08-16-2014, 05:45 AM

So true. Romney picked a guy who had a plan to change social security which freaked out all the old retired people. Romney picked a guy from Wisconsin instead of a guy from an important swing state like Rubio or Portman to maybe help bring in Florida or Ohio. Total fail.

pgardn
08-16-2014, 07:25 AM
CC is good people, tbh... after being to Texas many times, I understand why there's such a disconnect in certain topics, not really his fault. It's like a different world out there.

:lol

This imo is a very important point that some will never grasp.

Just take a trip to Wyoming and then fly to NYC. Spend some time living how they live.
In Wyoming many are out there all on their own, spread thin. Very self sufficient and resourceful while relying on themselves.
NYC you have people living on top of each other. Their world requires some sort of cooperation between people. I could go on.

Its such a different world these folks live in. So yep, the disconnect is huge.

Your point is really not stressed enough. Some relatives that rarely get out of Western Pennsylvania come down to San Antonio and ask me where did all the Puerto Ricans come from? Then ask me who my favorite Nascar driver is? They are not bad people, just need to get out the house. NASCAR driver, MY favorite... Holy Monkey they did not know me... or San Antonio.

Winehole23
08-17-2014, 12:55 AM
PI thought Mitt would win until he got caught secretly talking how he really felt about "the 47%". Then Todd Akin delivered the final blow with the "legitimate rape" talk. I still can't believe how red team blew that election.they put too much trust in their advisors, same thing happened to McCain. botched the financial crisis, took a brief, feckless sabbatical from campaigning to ponder it. you didn't really see John McCain the man in 2008 until his concession speech. that guy, in that moment, impressed me.

Winehole23
08-17-2014, 12:57 AM
much more so than Obama's tired, robotic victory speech, I thought.

ElNono
08-17-2014, 01:04 AM
they put too much trust in their advisors, same thing happened to McCain. botched the financial crisis, took a brief, feckless sabbatical from campaigning to ponder it. you didn't really see John McCain the man in 2008 until his concession speech. that guy, in that moment, impressed me.

Well, I think that's part of what the tea party crowd is trying to change. There are primaries, but it felt like Romney was basically driven right through by the party machine. Which is the same machine that eventually runs the campaign... It probably does take a person a of a lot of character to veer off the script the campaign draws up for you, based on polls, focus groups, etc... ultimately, in this day and age, it's hard to argue it's just a glorified popularity contest. The marketing, image and delivery probably has as much, if not more weight than the content. Unfortunately so.

Winehole23
08-17-2014, 01:07 AM
They are not bad people, just need to get out the house.The very same could be said of many posters following this thread, me included.

ElNono
08-17-2014, 01:33 AM
I think reading up a bit of every flavor gives you a better pulse for what's going on. You don't really need to "get out of the house" to do that. I make it a habit to read from a lot of different places: NY Times, LA Times, Politico, Redstate, BBC, The Telegraph, some ARG newspapers, etc... some international, some left, some right, some center, a good mix... you'll agree or not about some of the content, but at least you get a better idea of where the arguments are coming from...

Winehole23
08-17-2014, 01:54 AM
like with wine. I like variety. good wine comes from all over.

boutons_deux
08-17-2014, 09:30 AM
much more so than Obama's tired, robotic victory speech, I thought.

Obama is not nearly as robotic as Hillary' Secy of State, etc speech making. cold, unbelieving, boilerplate, safe, non-committal, say-nothing-ness gobbledygook.

pgardn
08-17-2014, 10:15 AM
I think reading up a bit of every flavor gives you a better pulse for what's going on. You don't really need to "get out of the house" to do that. I make it a habit to read from a lot of different places: NY Times, LA Times, Politico, Redstate, BBC, The Telegraph, some ARG newspapers, etc... some international, some left, some right, some center, a good mix... you'll agree or not about some of the content, but at least you get a better idea of where the arguments are coming from...

There is nothing like being there imo.

I get a real feel for people because of work travel. You see that they live so differently.
I had just been to WY and NYC and it made such a huge cultural impression, again.
The reading is my staple for the inability to experience every situation. And stats.

And some people only read what they want to confirm their preconceived notions.

ElNono
08-17-2014, 02:25 PM
And some people only read what they want to confirm their preconceived notions.

I noticed this to be a big culprit generally... the reality though is that it's difficult for a lot of people that have been indoctrinated growing up one way or another, to try to place themselves as mere spectators, without a heavy emotional stake.

Whether that's a "bad" thing or not, it doesn't really matter, IMO, it's just the reality of the situation. But I think it also goes a long way towards why some people are eventually "surprised" when elections don't go the way they think they should go.

ChumpDumper
08-17-2014, 05:42 PM
I noticed this to be a big culprit generally... the reality though is that it's difficult for a lot of people that have been indoctrinated growing up one way or another, to try to place themselves as mere spectators, without a heavy emotional stake.

Whether that's a "bad" thing or not, it doesn't really matter, IMO, it's just the reality of the situation. But I think it also goes a long way towards why some people are eventually "surprised" when elections don't go the way they think they should go.lol 'memba that yonivore guy?

ElNono
08-17-2014, 06:23 PM
lol 'memba that yonivore guy?

:lol Yoni will be back to his astroturfing soon enough

Wild Cobra
08-17-2014, 10:24 PM
:lol Yoni will be back to his astroturfing soon enough

LOL...

AstroTurfing.

I don't think of him as Clintonesque...

ChumpDumper
08-17-2014, 10:29 PM
LOL...

AstroTurfing.

I don't think of him as Clintonesque...lol

You don't know what astroturfing is.

pgardn
08-17-2014, 10:52 PM
yonivore

What do they eat?

Wild Cobra
08-17-2014, 11:42 PM
lol

You don't know what astroturfing is.

LOL...

I hate it when you retards on the internet change definitions.

Clipper Nation
08-17-2014, 11:43 PM
:lol Yonivore literally only posts here every four years to slurp the GOP's handpicked big-government, warmongering neocon... kind of a strange reason to come to a basketball forum, tbh....

ElNono
08-17-2014, 11:55 PM
astroturfing
Line breaks: astro|turf¦ing
Pronunciation: /ˈastrəʊtəːfɪŋ/
noun
[mass noun]
The deceptive practice of presenting an orchestrated marketing or public relations campaign in the guise of unsolicited comments from members of the public.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/english/astroturfing

Those interweb guys tho... smh

Wild Cobra
08-18-2014, 12:01 AM
astroturfing
Line breaks: astro|turf¦ing
Pronunciation: /ˈastrəʊtəːfɪŋ/
noun
[mass noun]
The deceptive practice of presenting an orchestrated marketing or public relations campaign in the guise of unsolicited comments from members of the public.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/english/astroturfing

Those interweb guys tho... smh
Public?

I thought it was specified as "grass roots" public, and artificial, hence the artificial grass...

Like I said. I hate it when people change definitions.

Clinton has the "grass roots" fake public in hand. Does Yoni?

Have a 70's definition by chance? I'm a bit outdated with all this revisionism you guys go for.

Like I said. I don't see Yoni as very "Clintonesque."

ElNono
08-18-2014, 12:24 AM
:lmao

ElNono
08-18-2014, 12:26 AM
You can think it means whatever you think it means... I think pretty much everyone else understood what I was saying...

Wild Cobra
08-18-2014, 12:34 AM
You can think it means whatever you think it means... I think pretty much everyone else understood what I was saying...

Yoni will be back to his astroturfing soon enough

OK, please explain it to me.

ElNono
08-18-2014, 01:02 AM
Look it up, I already posted the Oxford dictionary definition. You call out boutons for the same darn thing all the time.

Wild Cobra
08-18-2014, 01:05 AM
Look it up, I already posted the Oxford dictionary definition. You call out boutons for the same darn thing all the time.

Look up what you meant?

Not possible.

ElNono
08-18-2014, 01:21 AM
Okay :lol

Wild Cobra
08-18-2014, 01:30 AM
Okay :lol

I already looked at several definitions hours back. I don't understand your intent. I have asked you to elaborate. You refuse to.

I guess you are ashamed of your answer.

ElNono
08-18-2014, 01:47 AM
:lol I'm confident non-stupid posters understood exactly what I said. You're clearly not my audience.

Wild Cobra
08-18-2014, 01:55 AM
:lol I'm confident non-stupid posters understood exactly what I said. You're clearly not my audience.

Whatever.

I will leave you with your shame.

Goodbye.

ElNono
08-18-2014, 02:23 AM
:jack

ChumpDumper
08-18-2014, 02:58 AM
I thoughtlol

pgardn
08-18-2014, 08:00 AM
Look up what you meant?

Not possible.

I swear to God I'm gonna shoosh you out the house with a broom.