PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe: Trading Wiggins is just like when the Charlotte Hornets traded me

Thebesteva
08-15-2014, 12:01 AM
Every real Kobe fan knows he forced his way into LA. Why does this guy keep up his douchey bravado? He's still my favorite player of all time but he's vastly deteriorated mentally :lol

JohnnyMax
08-15-2014, 12:34 AM
Wiggins fault.

If he was as good as he was hyped up to be. They would've kept him or traded Kyrie.

scanry
08-15-2014, 01:52 AM
Kobe's right. Franchises don't trade alphas like MJ, Magic, Duncan & Lebron. Them betas got to stick together tbh.

100%duncan
08-15-2014, 02:11 AM
Kobe's right. Franchises don't trade alphas like MJ, Magic, Duncan & Lebron. Them betas got to stick together tbh.

spurraider21
08-15-2014, 02:15 AM
what about shaq?

ambchang
08-15-2014, 05:52 AM
When's the last time Kobe can't relate anything back to himself? Everything in the world that ever happened always revolves around him.

scanry
08-15-2014, 06:31 AM
When's the last time Kobe can't relate anything back to himself? Everything in the world that ever happened always revolves around him.

tbh he hasn't been relevant since he signed that 3 yr extension three years ago. When it's all said and done he'll have made over $300 million from salary alone. It'll take a while before another player tops that.

Scratch that. Garnet has $327 mil. :wow In contrast Lebron's earned just $129 mil.

ambchang
08-15-2014, 06:41 AM
tbh he hasn't been relevant since he signed that 3 yr extension three years ago. When it's all said and done he'll have made over $300 million from salary alone. It'll take a while before another player tops that.

Scratch that. Garnet has $327 mil. :wow In contrast Lebron's earned just $129 mil.

Still not enough money to buy him his parents back, though he's trying hard to pay his in laws.

Killakobe81
08-15-2014, 07:59 AM

Sounds like you on here, tbh. YOu revolve around Kobe too ...
BTW Have a good weekend, sweet-heart!

Brazil
08-15-2014, 08:10 AM
I don't see where Hornets made a mistake... Hornets without Kobe = 0 ring and Hornets with Kobe still = 0 ring so.... all in all they avoided to give 48,5 M at a TOSB

good move by the Hornets

Clipper Nation
08-15-2014, 08:38 AM
Amb is in your head, tbh :lol

Michael Jordan.
08-15-2014, 08:54 AM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Killakobe81
08-15-2014, 09:17 AM
Amb is in your head, tbh :lol

No not really ... we have a special relationship you just wouldn't understand.
Go play somewhere grown folks talking ... I wont even bother with a shot at you.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-15-2014, 09:17 AM
:lol comparing a beta like Kobe to an alpha like Wiggins

ambchang
08-15-2014, 09:26 AM

I call him out because he's call out worthy.

See you later girlfriend. Should get together and get some lesbo action one day.

100%duncan
08-15-2014, 09:34 AM
I don't see where Hornets made a mistake... Hornets without Kobe = 0 ring and Hornets with Kobe still = 0 ring so.... all in all they avoided to give 48,5 M at a TOSB

good move by the Hornets

imho

lefty
08-15-2014, 09:35 AM
http://internetjedi.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Laugh-Arnold.gif

scanry
08-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Killa's a women?

Killakobe81
08-15-2014, 09:47 AM
I call him out because he's call out worthy.

See you later girlfriend. Should get together and get some lesbo action one day.

:lol

Obsessed is still obsessed ... all jokes aside ...

Amb since others dont get "us" ... You do know I do respect you despite your bias, right? And I do enjoy our battles?
Only DPG and a handful of posters Like Jam, are above you in my eyes.
Just seems like I may have pushed you a bit far the other day ...if I did PM me. You seem a bit colder lately ...
I am man of integrity I wont use it against you ... I just want us to stay "chill". I enjoy debates not looking for a feud.
IF some here view that as soft or capitulation I dont care ...as long as "we" are good.

Killakobe81
08-15-2014, 09:48 AM
Killa's a women?

Nah bro, married man with two kids. Amb's just "teasing" me ...

scanry
08-15-2014, 09:50 AM

Amb since others dont get "us" ... You do know I do respect you despite your bias, right? And I do enjoy our battles?
Just seems like I may have pushed you a bit far the other day ...if I did PM me. You seem a bit colder lately ...
I am man of integrity I wont use it against you ... I just want us to stay "chill". I enjoy debates not looking for a feud.
IF some here view that as soft or capitulation I dont care ...as long as "we" are good.

Nah arm's like a more mature version of ezau tbh. He just puts the Duncan>Kobe more respectfully, but he sure as hell will let you know about it.

scanry
08-15-2014, 09:51 AM
Nah bro, married man with two kids. Amb's just "teasing" me ...

Atleast you didn't mention your profession like thebesteva does with his "a succesful doctor" tbh. :lol

kobe4life
08-15-2014, 10:12 AM
God is a right that was a huge mistake by the hornets. Had they kept God they would have won a title and never moved away from Charlotte in the first place.

Cry Havoc
08-15-2014, 10:16 AM
Kobe trying to stay relevant in his twilight.

Cry Havoc
08-15-2014, 10:17 AM

:depressed Most of them are gone. What happened to Jam? Dude had some of the best takes ever on this forum, tbh.

lefty
08-15-2014, 10:17 AM
Killa's a women?
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif

lefty
08-15-2014, 10:18 AM
God is a right that was a huge mistake by the hornets. Had they kept God they would have won a title and never moved away from Charlotte in the first place.
:worthy: Koballah

http://oi32.tinypic.com/ojmbyf.jpg

ambchang
08-15-2014, 10:38 AM

Lol. Nobody really cares about online feuds. I hope.

JoeTait75
08-15-2014, 10:50 AM
Didn't Kobe force Charlotte to trade him? IIRC he didn't want to play there.

lefty
08-15-2014, 10:52 AM
yes he did

He knew he wasnt Alpha enough to carry the Hornets

Killakobe81
08-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Lol. Nobody really cares about online feuds. I hope.

Cool, Amb i will take that as Iwe are good. Lost in all that I did admit that if they retired today Duncan is greater ... I mean some good has to come out of that, right?
And no need to re-hash the rest, Amb. LOL

moisaenz
08-15-2014, 12:41 PM
so wiggins is asking to be traded?

Koolaid_Man
08-15-2014, 04:55 PM
Kobe shitting on K.Love and Comparing him to Vlade :lmao

LkrFan
08-15-2014, 06:09 PM
Oh shut yo hypocritical punkass up. Damn near EVERY TOPIC on this forum gets Kobe's name drug into it somehow. Now you post this shit? Stop pissing on your nuts and grow up son. :downspin:

Koolaid_Man
08-15-2014, 06:27 PM
Oh shut yo hypocritical punkass up. Damn near EVERY TOPIC on this forum gets Kobe's name drug into it somehow. Now you post this shit? Stop pissing on your nuts and grow up son. :downspin:

It's an insult to imply he has nuts....

LkrFan
08-15-2014, 06:28 PM

Franklin
08-15-2014, 06:56 PM
It was some little nig named Allen Iverson that got drafted #1 overall in 96, if I remember correct.

ambchang
08-15-2014, 11:27 PM

Internet tough guy? Check.

Chickenshit too chickenshit to respond to me directly? Check.

Agreeing with someone who agreed with him? Check.

I can see why y'all Kobe fans.

spurraider21
08-16-2014, 12:20 AM
^tough girl: check

TDMVPDPOY
08-16-2014, 01:36 AM
one demanded to be trade instead of being drafted by the team that drafted them

the other was forced trade nothing to do with the player

2 different situations

shouldve went to college clown

wanggi
08-16-2014, 03:06 AM
Frankly, Kobe talks nonsense. Wiggins will never be like Kobe.
But the Wolves is the biggest beneficiary in offseason.

playbonner15
08-16-2014, 05:06 AM
100%duncan ?who's that flat chested girl? She got no taste in beaches tbh

LkrFan
08-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Internet tough guy? Check.

Chickenshit too chickenshit to respond to me directly? Check.

Agreeing with someone who agreed with him? Check.

I can see why y'all Kobe fans.

Well, you didn't deny that you can piss on your nuts. LDS, check. :lmao

AaronY
08-16-2014, 02:55 PM
Such is life in Spurstalk

ambchang
08-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Well, you didn't deny that you can piss on your nuts. LDS, check. :lmao

Didn't deny = admit?

You just showed you have an iq of about 13

LkrFan
08-16-2014, 08:20 PM
Didn't deny = admit?

You just showed you have an iq of about 13
It's cool bruh. I'm sorry for striking a nerve with you son :cry

ambchang
08-16-2014, 09:56 PM
It's cool bruh. I'm sorry for striking a nerve with you son :cry

Whoa. Didn't know how to deal with this. You admitting defeat is the best weapon.

LkrFan
08-17-2014, 07:58 AM
Whoa. Didn't know how to deal with this. You admitting defeat is the best weapon.

Wait, what? :lol

DMX7
08-17-2014, 10:33 AM

Exactly. Kobe is living in some alternate universe these days.

RsxPiimp
08-17-2014, 10:49 AM

"When you look back at it, when we made that trade, here was a 17-year-old kid who had played in high school," said Bob Bass, the Hornets' executive vice president of basketball operations at the time. "Twelve other teams passed on him. We made a decision to win now and not later. We had Dave Cowens as our first-year coach, and I wanted to give him a chance to win. I knew if we got Divac in here, we'd win. I didn't feel the same about Bryant. Without Divac, I thought we might have won 25 games."

Clipper Nation
08-17-2014, 11:19 AM
"When you look back at it, when we made that trade, here was a 17-year-old kid who had played in high school," said Bob Bass, the Hornets' executive vice president of basketball operations at the time. "Twelve other teams passed on him. We made a decision to win now and not later. We had Dave Cowens as our first-year coach, and I wanted to give him a chance to win. I knew if we got Divac in here, we'd win. I didn't feel the same about Bryant. Without Divac, I thought we might have won 25 games."
Bryant canceled a workout with the Sacramento Kings, who had the No. 14 pick in the first round in 1996 and declined to work out for the Hornets. His agent, Arn Tellem, also told the Hornets, according to Bass, that Bryant did not want to play in a small market such as Charlotte.

RsxPiimp
08-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Bryant canceled a workout with the Sacramento Kings, who had the No. 14 pick in the first round in 1996 and declined to work out for the Hornets. His agent, Arn Tellem, also told the Hornets, according to Bass, that Bryant did not want to play in a small market such as Charlotte.
If people really want to be accurate. It wasn't the Hornets who wanted Bryant, it was Calipari and Nets. The Hornets were on the market for a center

The trade was more about the Lakers' pursuit of Shaquille O'Neal in free agency and the Hornets' need to acquire a center than it was about Bryant.

In order to get far enough under the salary cap to make a valid pitch to O'Neal, the Lakers needed to unload Divac's contract, preferably to a team under the salary cap and preferably for a draft pick. The Hornets had traded Alonzo Mourning the previous year, were without a bona fide center, and were well under the cap after renouncing the rights to free agent Kenny Anderson. They would trade Larry Johnson to New York for Anthony Mason later that summer.

The Hornets reasoned that they could come out of the draft with no better than Vitaly Potapenko or Todd Fuller if they drafted a center, and jumped at the chance to trade the 13th pick for Divac.
Branch scouted Bryant twice for the Hornets while Bryant was at Lower Merion H.S., but he said that the Hornets "never even considered him" as a player they would draft and keep. Bass was an old-school GM who liked to deal but didn't usually gamble on young players.

http://m.journalnow.com/archives/lakers-trade-for-bryant-has-been-misconstrued/article_e7a4ddee-ed8d-5be1-9b81-723b924628ec.html?mode=jqm

Clipper Nation
08-17-2014, 11:41 AM
If people really want to be accurate. It wasn't the Hornets who wanted Bryant, it was Calipari and Nets.
Another team Kirby quit on:

Over lunch on draft day, Calipari and Nash told one of the Nets' seven owners, Joe Taub, that Bryant would be a Net in eight hours. Taub preferred John Wallace, the Syracuse senior, and worried that a high school kid might ultimately leave for a bigger market and a better team in free agency.

Only Bryant wasn't about to wait years for his liberation. He called Calipari after the coach's lunch with Taub, and Bryant's agent, Arn Tellem, called Nash. Prospect and agent declared they wanted no part of Jersey; Tellem even threatened that his client would play in Italy if the Nets ignored their wishes.

Clipper Nation
08-17-2014, 11:42 AM
Sneaker maven Sonny Vaccaro would later admit he worked with his good friend, Tellem, to maneuver Bryant to a franchise that would maximize his marketing charms.

Clipper Nation
08-17-2014, 11:43 AM
In 1996, Tellem made his mark as an NBA agent by circumventing that year's pro draft to maneuver 18-year-old Kobe Bryant to the Los Angeles Lakers. "Basically, I kept teams from picking Kobe by not giving their coaches access to him," Tellem told Sports Illustrated in 2003. "I knew teams would be reluctant to take a chance on a high schooler without first talking to him and working him out."

Clipper Nation
08-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Bryant foreshadowed his gall. In 1996, Bryant, a teenager exiting high school for the N.B.A., was not the first pick, but he exuded self-importance when he refused to play anywhere but Hollywood.

Couldn’t Bryant be a Hornet? Could he grow to love Southern sweet tea?

"That is an impossibility," Bryant’s agent, Arn Tellem, said at the time. "There are no ifs. It would not happen. He is going to be a Laker, and that’s the only team he’s playing for."

RsxPiimp
08-17-2014, 11:52 AM
Some people seem hell bent in proving he didn't want to play for a small market team, problem is no one is debating that anymore :lol I'm simply stating all the report of Bryant forcing the Hornets wasn't true when it was New Jersey who had to pick Kittles was the team who wanted him all along.

dg7md
08-17-2014, 08:23 PM
It's a little arrogant to suggest, but I'm afraid that he might be right. Wiggins has unlimited potential, while Kevin Love is basically at his maximum level of play. Even if the Cavs ring, the fact that the Cavs could have had him with their team with LeBron might be looked at as a mistake.

Still :lol at people who think that Kobe isn't an amazing player. In his prime, he basically schooled us every night. Selective memory based on his last few seasons tbh...