PDA

View Full Version : Major props to FSU and Oklahoma State

Avante
08-16-2014, 02:04 AM
As you all know they play Aug30, no Bethune Cookman, Savannah State, Navy for these guys and it's good to see. With strength of schedule becoming more important than ever with the new 4 team playoff system it's time to start dumping these David vs Goliath games. Who wants to see LSU 75 Grambling 10?

South Carolina and Texas A&M also deserve props, they play Aug 28th. NCAA football needs more of that and less or none of Alabama vs Western Carolina on Nov 11th.

Sure some of these RinkyDinky States have a few good players but that's all they have.

DMX7
08-16-2014, 10:54 AM
A&M does NOT deserve props. Look at their week ass non-conference schedule. Lamar, SMU, Lousiana-Monroe, Rice...

pgardn
08-16-2014, 11:08 AM
A&M does NOT deserve props. Look at their week ass non-conference schedule. Lamar, SMU, Lousiana-Monroe, Rice...

But, but, the SEC is so tough they need at least 4 cream puff nonconf. games to make it fair.
Suprised they have not scheduled Div VII teams...

DMX7
08-16-2014, 11:39 AM
On the plus side, maybe one of UTSA's games against A&M will make it on to the SEC Network.

DesignatedT
08-16-2014, 12:18 PM
Lol obsessed with all things a&m. It never gets old seeing how much the tides have turned between these two fan bases.

Anyway, for the one thousandth time, it was hard for us to find any worthy opponents on such short notice after the conference move, resulting in a week non conf schedule the past couple years. We have Arizona State and home and home series' with UCLA and Oregon all on the schedule throughout the next few years.

And for those questioning our schedule, we play Alabama, Auburn, LSU, South Carolina, Missouri and Ole Miss this season. That's far from easy.

DMX7
08-16-2014, 12:53 PM
hardly obsessed. i simply can't let such an egregious statement go unchallenged. And there's nothing that special about South Carolina. They're basically the SEC's version of Oklahoma State.

Infinite_limit
08-16-2014, 01:41 PM
As you all know they play Aug30, no Bethune Cookman, Savannah State, Navy for these guys and it's good to see. With strength of schedule becoming more important than ever with the new 4 team playoff system it's time to start dumping these David vs Goliath games. Who wants to see LSU 75 Grambling 10?

South Carolina and Texas A&M also deserve props, they play Aug 28th. NCAA football needs more of that and less or none of Alabama vs Western Carolina on Nov 11th.

Sure some of these RinkyDinky States have a few good players but that's all they have.
"With strength of schedule becoming more important than ever with the new 4 team playoff system"

Playoff system makes OOC scheduling counter productive. There are now 4 spots for the Title Game while previously there were only 2. Finish your Conference schedule undefeated and you are a near lock for one of those 4 spots.

Teams won't be scheduling OOC. Which is why we need those 4-16 Team Super Conferences. Til then we are stuck in a period with large disparity in scheduling. I don't blame SEC schools not scheduling OOC, the Florida Gators haven't traveled outside of Florida for OOC in 30 years and yet won 3 NCs.

ChumpDumper
08-16-2014, 01:43 PM
I'm fine with one or two creampuffs on P5 schedules if only for the payout. lolutsa needs that money.

Avante
08-16-2014, 02:46 PM

Anytime an SEC team starts off playing league in week one they deserve props, especially on the road. All these teams play Tiny Tech's. Good to see a couple stand tall in week one.

LSU vs Wisconsin, more props.
Georgia vs Clemson props!

Florida vs Idaho:rolleyes

Watch as we start seeing all these team scheduling a higher level of oppposition that they used to. We wil hear..."they got the nod because of strenght of schedule". That will change college football. Too bad for the little guys who needed the $$$$.

Blake
08-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Anytime an SEC team starts oiff playing league in week one they deserve props, especially on the road.

no they don't. Playing a school like Lamar in the middle of the season is like getting an extra BYE week.

Fuck you're a goddamn moron.

DesignatedT
08-16-2014, 03:00 PM
It goes both ways. There's pros to playing the weaker teams early and pros to playing them late.

DesignatedT
08-16-2014, 03:01 PM
hardly obsessed. i simply can't let such an egregious statement go unchallenged. And there's nothing that special about South Carolina. They're basically the SEC's version of Oklahoma State.

South Carolina is better than any team in the big 12.

Blake
08-16-2014, 03:03 PM
It goes both ways. There's pros to playing the weaker teams early and pros to playing them late.

There's no negatives to playing weaker teams at any given time during the season.

Blake
08-16-2014, 03:03 PM

Oklahoma is better than Alabama

Vito Corleone
08-16-2014, 03:19 PM

Coaches don't think so since we have Oklahoma ranked 3 and Baylor ranked 10th only 44 pts behind USC.

Avante
08-16-2014, 03:41 PM

It makes no sense at all to play RinkyDinky State late. You are trying to get into a groove, why risk injury in a late season game where the outcome was never in doubt?

You wanna get serious and stay that way. Not have a everyone slapping ass and jivin' around then try and reload the following week...game.

DesignatedT
08-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Oklahoma is better than Alabama

:lmao even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

Avante
08-16-2014, 03:44 PM

No they aren't. They aren't on a par with Oklahoma and a case can be made for Baylor being better but a realistic debate there.

Avante
08-16-2014, 03:45 PM

Trust me only a fool thinks Oklahoma is better than Alabama.

DesignatedT
08-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Just saying that because I think this years South Carolina will be the best team Spurrier has had. I think they will win the East and have a chance for the playoff.

Clipper Nation
08-16-2014, 04:11 PM
Just saying that because I think this years South Carolina will be the best team Spurrier has had. I think they will win the East and have a chance for the playoff.
Swap out "playoff" for "BCS" and this exact same thing has been said every year since Spurrier got there :lol

DesignatedT
08-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Georgia has been favored to win the east the last 3 years according to the sec pre season media poll. Probably longer than three years but I just know they have been picked to win the east the last three.

South Carolina is picked to win the east this year which is a change.

DesignatedT
08-16-2014, 04:49 PM
Not that those things matter, nobody had Missouri and auburn in it last year. But south carolina isn't always predicted to win or something like you are insinuating.

DMX7
08-16-2014, 04:49 PM

:lmao

DesignatedT
08-16-2014, 04:50 PM
:lmao

Where's your skin? Or did you even go to college? Jw

DMX7
08-16-2014, 04:51 PM
Where's your skin? Or did you even go to college? Jw

I've got two schools.

Blake
08-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Trust me only a fool thinks Oklahoma is better than Alabama.

http://cbsdetroit.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/460252877.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

The scoreboard is a fool!

pgardn
08-16-2014, 07:07 PM
I do wish ATM and Texas would have continued the Thanksgiving game till the sun expands.

That was a royal screwup. Initiated by Texas.

Avante
08-16-2014, 09:31 PM

South Carolina has 14 returning starters on an 11-2 team, Oklahoma's 11-2 team has 16 starters returning. I see no logical reasoning in saying the Gamecocks are better than the Sooners.

DesignatedT
08-16-2014, 09:40 PM
I'm not big on Trevor Knight, even after his stat filled bowl game. South Carolina's offense is going to be a nightmare for teams this year. 5th year senior taking over at QB who has big game experience under his belt and there o-line with mike davis in the backfield is going to be a nasty 1-2 punch with their passing game. They have some questions defensively but they always seem to have talent and depth on that side of the ball. I just think South Carolina is finally going to have a huge year.

Avante
08-16-2014, 10:31 PM
I'm not big on Trevor Knight, even after his stat filled bowl game. South Carolina's offense is going to be a nightmare for teams this year. 5th year senior taking over at QB who has big game experience under his belt and there o-line with mike davis in the backfield is going to be a nasty 1-2 punch with their passing game. They have some questions defensively but they always seem to have talent and depth on that side of the ball. I just think South Carolina is finally going to have a huge year.

Speaking of defensively the Sooners do have a couple studs there in DE Charles Tapper and LB Eric Striker. Other thn Mike Davis being the stud back I see no reason at all to think South Carolina will be better than Oklahoma. If you just like the Gamecocks better....cool~~~~~~

DesignatedT
08-17-2014, 09:31 AM
Speaking of defensively the Sooners do have a couple studs there in DE Charles Tapper and LB Eric Striker. Other thn Mike Davis being the stud back I see no reason at all to think South Carolina will be better than Oklahoma. If you just like the Gamecocks better....cool~~~~~~

Not sure how you have so much confidence in OU and why you act like it's some egregious prediction of mine. South Carolina has a 33-6 record the past three years compared to OU's 31-8. And USC plays in a tougher conference.

leemajors
08-17-2014, 10:44 AM
Not sure how you have so much confidence in OU and why you act like it's some egregious prediction of mine. South Carolina has a 33-6 record the past three years compared to OU's 31-8. And USC plays in a tougher conference.

pac 12?

DesignatedT
08-17-2014, 11:12 AM
?

Kermit
08-17-2014, 12:15 PM
?

I'll bet you call the University if Tennessee, tu.

DesignatedT
08-17-2014, 01:10 PM
Tons of people call South Carolina USC and Tennessee UT. Not sure what you're getting at?

DMX7
08-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Tons of people call South Carolina USC and Tennessee UT. Not sure what you're getting at?

Yeah, but they're not the real USC.

USC Trojans beat South Carolina Gamecocks in court

An appellate panel upholds a patent office decision that the 'USC' logo belongs to the University of Southern California.

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit on Tuesday upheld a decision last year by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office review board to recognize the University of Southern California's century-old claim to the logo letters.

Neil C. Jones, the Greenville, S.C., lawyer representing the University of South Carolina, said school authorities hadn't yet decided whether to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Scott Edelman, an attorney representing the Los Angeles university, hailed the ruling as protection of the school's "primary athletic mark" used on team clothing and equipment that brings in significant revenue.

Sports logo registrations are not limited to use in team colors, so there was potential for South Carolina merchandise to be mistaken for that of USC, Edelman said.

He also suggested that the letters were more deservedly linked to the Trojans' warrior image than to "a goofy little chicken."

"I think they wanted to move away from the gamecock logo," Edelman said of the school in the South. "Something that is totally understandable."

Jones said his "Southern manners" restrained him from responding to his courtroom competitor's comment.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jan/21/local/la-me-usc-logo21-2010jan21

DesignatedT
08-17-2014, 02:37 PM
Ok...? Cool.

DMX7
08-17-2014, 02:52 PM
Ok...? Cool.

LMAO if you can't appreciate the levity in those last few sentences.

USC Trojans beat South Carolina Gamecocks in court

An appellate panel upholds a patent office decision that the 'USC' logo belongs to the University of Southern California.

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit on Tuesday upheld a decision last year by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office review board to recognize the University of Southern California's century-old claim to the logo letters.

Neil C. Jones, the Greenville, S.C., lawyer representing the University of South Carolina, said school authorities hadn't yet decided whether to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Scott Edelman, an attorney representing the Los Angeles university, hailed the ruling as protection of the school's "primary athletic mark" used on team clothing and equipment that brings in significant revenue.

Sports logo registrations are not limited to use in team colors, so there was potential for South Carolina merchandise to be mistaken for that of USC, Edelman said.

He also suggested that the letters were more deservedly linked to the Trojans' warrior image than to "a goofy little chicken."

"I think they wanted to move away from the gamecock logo," Edelman said of the school in the South. "Something that is totally understandable."

Jones said his "Southern manners" restrained him from responding to his courtroom competitor's comment.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jan/21/local/la-me-usc-logo21-2010jan21

Sisk
08-17-2014, 03:17 PM
Are you talking about which school has a better football team or legal team?

DMX7
08-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Are you talking about which school has a better football team or legal team?

huh?

Historically, USC has had a much better football team. This year, we will have to wait and see.

Avante
08-18-2014, 02:34 AM

Well if we look at the last 4 years Oklahoma 43-10 South Carolina 42-11.

The Sooners have beaten Alabama, FSU, Tex A&M, Stanford in the last five seasons. South Carolina not nearly as impressive.

Pelicans78
08-18-2014, 09:27 AM
Well if we look at the last 4 years Oklahoma 43-10 South Carolina 42-11.

The Sooners have beaten Alabama, FSU, Tex A&M, Stanford in the last five seasons. South Carolina not nearly as impressive.

A&M weren't any good when OU beat them and when A&M had Manziel/Sumlin, they destroyed OU. Okie St beat Stanford and how good were FSU when they lost to OU?

Pelicans78
08-18-2014, 09:28 AM

I grew up in the South and never heard anyone refer to South Carolina as USC. Now I did hear some people call Tennessee UT, but not nearly as much as Texas.

DesignatedT
08-18-2014, 11:05 AM
Well they refer to themselves as USC and I have been browsing the South Carolina forums throughout the summer so it just rubbed off i guess.

proof: http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/08/06/605348/usc-am-matchup-has-sec-network.html

Blake
08-18-2014, 11:12 AM
At what point will aggy stop humping other SEC teams legs and start hating them?

ChumpDumper
08-18-2014, 11:14 AM
Question to P5 fans: is it de rigueur to relentlessly pimp other teams in one's conference when one's own team has no chance of winning the conference?

Because I wanted to say something about Marshall's having a good quarterback.

DesignatedT
08-18-2014, 11:17 AM
At what point will aggy stop humping other SEC teams legs and start hating them?

Lol. I said I like South Carolina's team this year. Big12 fans are saying Oklahoma is better. There's no difference here.

I hope I'm wrong and we beat them.

Blake
08-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Right.

DesignatedT
08-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Lol ok.

Blake
08-18-2014, 01:10 PM
Lol. I said I like South Carolina's team this year. Big12 fans are saying Oklahoma is better. There's no difference here.

I hope I'm wrong and we beat them.

Lol.

You're the only one saying SC is better than OU.

The rest of the world is saying OU is better.

there's no denying aggy fluffing the other SEC teams here beyond rationality.

The Reckoning
08-18-2014, 02:05 PM
I'll bet you call the University if Tennessee, tu.

lol

DesignatedT
08-18-2014, 02:12 PM
Lol.

You're the only one saying SC is better than OU.

The rest of the world is saying OU is better.

I'm saying I would take the pre-season #9 team over the pre-season #4 team on a neutral field. Some groundbreaking stuff there, I know. Going out on a limb with that prediction. Dumbass

DesignatedT
08-18-2014, 02:16 PM

Considering there's 8 SEC teams in the top 25, it seems a whole bunch of people are "fluffing" the other SEC teams.

Blake
08-18-2014, 02:47 PM
I'm saying I would take the pre-season #9 team over the pre-season #4 team on a neutral field. Some groundbreaking stuff there, I know. Going out on a limb with that prediction. Dumbass

You're sucking gamecock cock. It's a bad look.

Blake
08-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Considering there's 8 SEC teams in the top 25, it seems a whole bunch of people are "fluffing" the other SEC teams.

A little but not beyond rational thought.

saying South Carolina > OU is just pathetic.

DesignatedT
08-18-2014, 02:55 PM

:lol all over that sooner dick. Get it out of your mouth bro. "its ridiculous to say they are better than the almighty sooners :cry!"

Blake
08-18-2014, 03:07 PM
:lol all over that sooner dick. Get it out of your mouth bro. "its ridiculous to say they are better than the almighty sooners :cry!"

Right

DesignatedT
08-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Right

South Carolina has a 33-6 record the past three years compared to OU's 31-8. And USC plays in a tougher conference.

but but but, OU is clearly the better program :cry. There's no way South Carolina can compete with them. They are the pride of the big12!

Blake
08-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Just keep fluffing.

DesignatedT
08-18-2014, 04:38 PM
Just keep fluffing.

Same to you :tu

DesignatedT
08-18-2014, 04:46 PM
More thoughts: I think Wisconsin is rated way too high at 14 and I think Iowa being left off is a bad call. I think #16 Clemson and #18 Ole Miss will both be clearly better than #14 Wisconsin this year.

Probably another pathetic take though considering Wisconsin is rated higher and "the rest of the world" thinks they are better.

Clipper Nation
08-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Yet you're firmly attached to South Carolina's dick :lol

lol Aggy

DesignatedT
08-18-2014, 04:48 PM
Yet you're firmly attached to South Carolina's dick :lol

lol Aggy

I just look at your skin and you don't even warrant a response. Irrelevant.

Blake
08-18-2014, 05:11 PM
Same to you :tu

No fluff needed. I'm just rolling with yhe AP and coaches polls

pgardn
08-24-2014, 03:23 PM

When was the last time Alabama was thrashed worse than this in an SEC GAME?

Blake
08-28-2014, 08:38 PM

Lol

Avante
08-28-2014, 08:41 PM
I always get a kick out of the rookies, have no idea what's going on.

Blake
08-28-2014, 08:46 PM
I always get a kick out of the rookies, have no idea what's going on.

Two years now you've said this.

Two years now your picks completely suck.

Avante
08-28-2014, 10:53 PM
Two years now you've said this.

Two years now your picks completely suck.

I haven't made any picks this season....yet! I like everyone simple went with the higher ranked team at home vs a rookie QB, .....dumb huh?

Avante
08-28-2014, 10:58 PM
FSU on the road (Texas) vs a good team that struggled vs good teams...hmmm?

Is there any....logical...reason to see a Cowboy upset here? I don't see it, does anyone else?