PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2k15 will use next-gen gfx for PC, offer superior fidelity

Cry Havoc
08-16-2014, 06:05 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nba-2k15-pc-boasts-better-graphics-than-ps4-xbox-o/1100-6421702/

The PC release of NBA 2K15 will offer superior graphical fidelity than the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions, according to 2K Sports.

While the PC version of NBA 2K14 matched the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, 2K15 will exceed the visuals offered on current consoles. "Gamers will be able to experience the full breadth of new modes and features found on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with even more graphical fidelity," 2K Sports said.

NBA 2K15s Soundtrack, curated by award-winning musician Pharrell Williams was also revealed, listed below:

A Tribe Called Quest -- "Scenario"
Afrika Bambaataa & Soulsonic Force -- "Planet Rock"
Basement Jaxx -- "Hot ’n Cold"
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club -- "River Styx"
Busta Rhymes -- "Dangerous"
Clipse -- "Grindin'"
Death from Above 1979 -- "Romantic Rights"
Depeche Mode -- "Personal Jesus"
Junior -- "Mama Used to Say"
Lauryn Hill -- "Doo Wop (That Thing)"
Lorde -- "Team"
Major Lazer featuring Pharrell Williams -- "Aerosol Can"
Missy Elliott -- "On & On"
No Doubt -- "Spiderwebs"
OneRepublic -- "Love Runs Out"
Pharrell Williams -- "Hunter"
Pharrell Williams -- "Can I Have It Like That"
Pharrell Williams -- "How Does It Feel?"
Public Enemy -- "Shut 'Em Down (Pete Rock Remix)"
Ratatat -- "Seventeen Years"
Red Hot Chili Peppers -- "Suck My Kiss"
Santigold -- "Creator"
Snoop Dogg -- "Drop It Like It's Hot"
Strafe -- "Set It Off"
The Black Keys -- "Everlasting Light"
The Rapture -- "House of Jealous Lovers"
The Strokes -- "Under Cover of Darkness"
2K Sports last month claimed 2K15's soundtrack will be the "most extensive and unique soundtrack compilation in NBA 2K franchise history." The first gameplay footage of 2K15 was revealed last week.

NBA 2K15 will be released on October 7 for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC.

Strange Love
08-16-2014, 06:50 PM
Do you really play these games for the graphics? Why dont they just take an actual game where people will actually appreciate the graphics like in Watch Dogs?

TE
08-16-2014, 07:03 PM
Do you really play these games for the graphics? Why dont they just take an actual game where people will actually appreciate the graphics like in Watch Dogs?
imo 2K14 was good in terms of graphics. Don't know how it could get more real than that. I'll have to check out the gameplay on PC.

TE
08-16-2014, 07:04 PM
Also, this game is even more worth getting just for that soundtrack. Wow tbh. 2K14 soundtrack was wack.

TDMVPDPOY
08-17-2014, 01:39 AM
2k catalogue tracks vs live? who has the better tracks?

Chris
08-17-2014, 02:26 AM
Also, this game is even more worth getting just for that soundtrack. Wow tbh. 2K14 soundtrack was wack.

That's because Lebron hand picked all those songs. That's the shit that he likes

Cry Havoc
08-17-2014, 12:36 PM

Typically no, but some genres (sports and racing, for instance) benefit vastly from improved engines. This isn't just due to the graphics that are actively attempting to imitate a real sport (as opposed to something like Grand Theft Auto which can be more artistically stylized) but because the more advanced engine allows for better physics with players interacting.

10 years ago, momentum and weight was a completely new thing to sports games. A collision between two players was basically just a clip of a canned animation that you could see 10-20 times in a single game. Now the animations are starting to approach something resembling real weight, even if they still have a long way to go.

As the tech improves, so does the capability for giving games an authentic feel, which further blurs the illusion between playing a video game and watching an actual NBA game on TV.

ElNono
08-17-2014, 02:34 PM
Hope 2K doesn't pull a Ubisoft and ends up scaling back the graphics on the PC version after the fact, like they did with Watchdogs... I'm sure Sony and Microsoft are going to complain, but without a competing product out there (lol NBA Live), they might not have much leverage...

DJR210
08-17-2014, 04:29 PM

Graphics on Watchdogs fucking suck. You have to mod the game to get the graphical effects they used to get everybody pumped up at E3.

As for the question about graphics, I'm big on them. At this age the main thing that will capture and hold my attention span long enough to enjoy a game is cutting edge graphics. This is why I jumped off the shitty media center focused console crap, and built a gaming PC.

baseline bum
08-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Graphics on Watchdogs fucking suck. You have to mod the game to get the graphical effects they used to get everybody pumped up at E3.

As for the question about graphics, I'm big on them. At this age the main thing that will capture and hold my attention span long enough to enjoy a game is cutting edge graphics. This is why I jumped off the shitty media center focused console crap, and built a gaming PC.

Man, I feel the complete opposite. Graphics got so good 8-10 years ago that it seems like there is real diminishing returns on them now. The stuff like the super high res texture mods for PC Skyrim didn't do anything for me, as I thought it was already really impressive straight out the box on 360.

DJR210
08-17-2014, 05:25 PM
Man, I feel the complete opposite. Graphics got so good 8-10 years ago that it seems like there is real diminishing returns on them now. The stuff like the super high res texture mods for PC Skyrim didn't do anything for me, as I thought it was already really impressive straight out the box on 360.

:lol speaking of Skyrim, I literally spend more time modding every inch of the graphics than actually playing the game. To this date I've never beat the main quest.

MannyIsGod
08-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Typically no, but some genres (sports and racing, for instance) benefit vastly from improved engines. This isn't just due to the graphics that are actively attempting to imitate a real sport (as opposed to something like Grand Theft Auto which can be more artistically stylized) but because the more advanced engine allows for better physics with players interacting.

10 years ago, momentum and weight was a completely new thing to sports games. A collision between two players was basically just a clip of a canned animation that you could see 10-20 times in a single game. Now the animations are starting to approach something resembling real weight, even if they still have a long way to go.

As the tech improves, so does the capability for giving games an authentic feel, which further blurs the illusion between playing a video game and watching an actual NBA game on TV.

Hate to tell you but a lot of times in 2k14 a collision just brings a canned annimation too. The game is OK but it would have to get amazingly better for me to consider buying it.

MannyIsGod
08-18-2014, 10:32 AM

Yeah, this is where I'm at. Give me good gameplay/story if you want me to play your game. Watchdogs wasn't good enough.

Cry Havoc
08-18-2014, 10:49 AM

See, I'm the opposite. I think graphics are just now getting to the point where we can actually start to offer virtual experiences that mimic the real world due to physics calculations that GPUs can do on the fly. Ballistic properties, momentum, gravity, these are STUPIDLY hard to program in games, or they have been in the past. Now? It's actually starting to feel like the real thing. And that's awesome.

Cry Havoc
08-18-2014, 10:50 AM
Hate to tell you but a lot of times in 2k14 a collision just brings a canned annimation too. The game is OK but it would have to get amazingly better for me to consider buying it.

I agree, I think 2k has been mailing it in a bit as of late. But you at least get a lot more variety with what's going on. EA has a lot of pressure in the Football market from PES, and you actually see dynamic collision models being developed in those games which are pretty amazing most of the time.

MannyIsGod
08-18-2014, 10:59 AM
See, I'm the opposite. I think graphics are just now getting to the point where we can actually start to offer virtual experiences that mimic the real world due to physics calculations that GPUs can do on the fly. Ballistic properties, momentum, gravity, these are STUPIDLY hard to program in games, or they have been in the past. Now? It's actually starting to feel like the real thing. And that's awesome.

It can be awesome but sometimes its not as fun. It depends on your play style preference.

MannyIsGod
08-18-2014, 10:59 AM
I agree, I think 2k has been mailing it in a bit as of late. But you at least get a lot more variety with what's going on. EA has a lot of pressure in the Football market from PES, and you actually see dynamic collision models being developed in those games which are pretty amazing most of the time.

I hope PES comes out with a better game this year because while I like FIFA online I prefer the old master leagues from PES. I also would like to see NFL2k come back.

baseline bum
08-18-2014, 11:45 AM
Eh, nevermind

Cry Havoc
08-18-2014, 02:48 PM
It can be awesome but sometimes its not as fun. It depends on your play style preference.

Having the option is great. Star Citizen, for example, is going to make the most out of Newtonian physics to give a more realistic weight to the ships.

ElNono
08-18-2014, 07:17 PM

Don't buy the hype, actual classical mechanics (Newtonian physics) on a dynamic physics model run largely on the CPU, including PhysX. The few portions that are GPU accelerated normally include rigid body collision, dynamically generated debris or particle effects. That includes "NVIDIA® Quantum Effects", which is mostly related to physics specifically for particle generation (smoke, explosions, fire, etc).

It's just that CPUs have become faster, with more cores and threads, and extensions such as SSE2/SSE3/SSE4 do provide a solid speed boost for vector calculations. GPUs have intrinsic problems to take over game world simulation tasks, they're more geared towards textures and framebuffers, longer latency, multithreading is slower, and there's less room to keep temporary values around.

The plus about PhysX, the old Havok FX, Bullet, Box2d, etc is that they all offer a single API to target that's portable and it's solid. I've used Bullet in a project before, it's really good and simple to use.

A full, real hardware-accelerated physics simulation would require a dedicated PPU (like the now defunct AGEIA PhysX), or a processor like the Cell.

baseline bum
08-18-2014, 09:07 PM
Don't buy the hype, actual classical mechanics (Newtonian physics) on a dynamic physics model run largely on the CPU, including PhysX. The few portions that are GPU accelerated normally include rigid body collision, dynamically generated debris or particle effects. That includes "NVIDIA® Quantum Effects", which is mostly related to physics specifically for particle generation (smoke, explosions, fire, etc).

It's just that CPUs have become faster, with more cores and threads, and extensions such as SSE2/SSE3/SSE4 do provide a solid speed boost for vector calculations. GPUs have intrinsic problems to take over game world simulation tasks, they're more geared towards textures and framebuffers, longer latency, multithreading is slower, and there's less room to keep temporary values around.

The plus about PhysX, the old Havok FX, Bullet, Box2d, etc is that they all offer a single API to target that's portable and it's solid. I've used Bullet in a project before, it's really good and simple to use.

A full, real hardware-accelerated physics simulation would require a dedicated PPU (like the now defunct AGEIA PhysX), or a processor like the Cell.

I'll buy the expensive hardware when I can have my games ray-traced in real time tbh. Better yet, every photon emitted and absorbed needs to come from an explicit change in quantum state in an atom of the material tbqh.

ElNono
08-18-2014, 11:38 PM
I'll buy the expensive hardware when I can have my games ray-traced in real time tbh. Better yet, every photon emitted and absorbed needs to come from an explicit change in quantum state in an atom of the material tbqh.

:lol

Unreal Engine 4 actually has some very neat texture/material building...

baseline bum
08-18-2014, 11:49 PM

Unreal Engine 4 actually has some very neat texture/material building...

Does the Aegia PhysX PPU construct an explicit Higgs field? What do they set the cosmological constant to in their gravitational calculations? Is it based on Copenhagen or are they of the Many Worlds religion? I kind of prefer many worlds since I can do bogo sort in linear time and space then. Do they use open strings, or only closed?

ElNono
08-19-2014, 12:34 AM
Does the Aegia PhysX PPU construct an explicit Higgs field? What do they set the cosmological constant to in their gravitational calculations? Is it based on Copenhagen or are they of the Many Worlds religion? I kind of prefer many worlds since I can do bogo sort in linear time and space then. Do they use open strings, or only closed?

I haven't read much, but it apparently uses polar coordinates over a 2^n Galois field, with several vector hyper-extension units, single-clock inverse kinematics, and reduced latency on point to vector and point to agility conversion. You're spot on about the ray casting sorting algo, they reshuffle after checking if it's sorted. Sounds like the obvious choice, tbh...

Brunodf
08-20-2014, 08:35 PM
If anyone is interested, NBA2K14 is $15 on steam, Bioshock franchise $10, both Portals games $6

DJR210
08-20-2014, 10:33 PM
I'm looking forward to the "900" series Nvidia lineup..will be based on all new architecture and should coincide with the release of DX12..anxious to see what new effects launch with it. Tessellation and ambient occlusion were pretty big additions to DX11 games IMO.

Also, 15 bucks for 2k14 is a lot. That shit was 7 bucks recently.

TDMVPDPOY
08-21-2014, 01:58 AM
If anyone is interested, NBA2K14 is $15 on steam, Bioshock franchise $10, both Portals games $6

pc version?

i know pc version is better cause of the amount of clowns who edit the skins that u can dl from nba-live.com or nlsc.com

i use to dl alot of skin patches...still favourite skin i enjoyed was the 03 tmac or 03 Highschool lebron attire he wore...

TDMVPDPOY
08-21-2014, 01:59 AM
I'm looking forward to the "900" series Nvidia lineup..will be based on all new architecture and should coincide with the release of DX12..anxious to see what new effects launch with it. Tessellation and ambient occlusion were pretty big additions to DX11 games IMO.

graphics only make sense when ur watchin replays...other then that when ur playing the game who looks at graphics/details of the game, i prefer game play>>>graphics

DJR210
08-21-2014, 02:25 AM
graphics only make sense when ur watchin replays...other then that when ur playing the game who looks at graphics/details of the game, i prefer game play>>>graphics

Cool story tbh

Brunodf
08-21-2014, 02:40 PM

The 2k14. Are u sure? The regular price was 30-40 bucks

pc version?

i know pc version is better cause of the amount of clowns who edit the skins that u can dl from nba-live.com or nlsc.com

i use to dl alot of skin patches...still favourite skin i enjoyed was the 03 tmac or 03 Highschool lebron attire he wore...
Yeah

baseline bum
08-21-2014, 03:58 PM
pc version?

Damn, they still do that? I used to make and post tons of jerseys and courts for Live 2000-06 on nlsc until I said fuck EA and started playing 2k.

DJR210
08-21-2014, 05:27 PM
The 2k14. Are u sure? The regular price was 30-40 bucks

Yeah, Steam had it at 75% off not too long ago.

DJR210
08-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Damn, they still do that? I used to make and post tons of jerseys and courts for Live 2000-06 on nlsc until I said fuck EA and started playing 2k.

Yeah, the mod community for 2k is on it. My copy of 2k14 was heavily modded. I had improved lighting, an ENB and SweetFx, and I modded all of the retarded looking faces. I also modded the Spurs home floor, and all of the scroll boards to show Whataburger and Peak like IRL. Having the Spurs in the Finals also increased the amount of mods available for them as well, so that was nice.

baseline bum
08-21-2014, 06:41 PM
Yeah, the mod community for 2k is on it. My copy of 2k14 was heavily modded. I had improved lighting, an ENB and SweetFx, and I modded all of the retarded looking faces. I also modded the Spurs home floor, and all of the scroll boards to show Whataburger and Peak like IRL. Having the Spurs in the Finals also increased the amount of mods available for them as well, so that was nice.

Here are some of the jersey I made on Live 06. For some reason the Spurs and Pistons previews survived the 9 years since, but none of the other teams did. :lol

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/1770/detrc80hingame3cb.jpg

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/3662/sanac79h5qg.jpg

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/3470/sanac03s4fz.jpg

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/5198/detrc81singame3kt.jpg

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/2644/sanac02a3yq.jpg

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/4574/sanac79a9uf.jpg

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/1848/sanac99h8vm.jpg

:lol collars always looked so bad ingame on Live 06

I miss the Mavs trashbag uniforms; I got those perfect but I lost both the patch and the screenshots.

DJR210
08-21-2014, 06:55 PM
Here are some of the jersey I made on Live 06. For some reason the Spurs and Pistons previews survived the 9 years since, but none of the other teams did. :lol

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/1770/detrc80hingame3cb.jpg

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/3662/sanac79h5qg.jpg

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/3470/sanac03s4fz.jpg

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/5198/detrc81singame3kt.jpg

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/2644/sanac02a3yq.jpg

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/4574/sanac79a9uf.jpg

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/1848/sanac99h8vm.jpg

:lol collars always looked so bad ingame on Live 06

I miss the Mavs trashbag uniforms; I got those perfect but I lost both the patch and the screenshots.

:lol those player models

The art on the jerseys looks good

Chris
10-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Just got my hands on this game for about 10 minutes and it is smooth. The AI defense was much improved and it didn't feel like you were skating on the court. Spurs are also ranked number 1 with number 1 defense and number 2 offense.

Chris
10-07-2014, 02:37 PM
They also added a shot meter for jumpshots like pitching in the Show, and you get graded by numbers on your free throws with 100 being the best.

DJR210
10-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Mine is downloading now.

DJR210
10-08-2014, 11:20 AM
Det micro stutter

illusioNtEk
10-08-2014, 12:43 PM
ill be getting 2k15 on XBONE soon.... cant wait!

DJR210
10-08-2014, 12:54 PM
So far so good..my only complaint is the stupid ass player hair..It has this stupid "hologram" effect caused by the way they layered it..looks stupid as hell

DJR210
10-08-2014, 01:47 PM
The Spurs ring ceremony in game 1 of the new season is a nice touch.

baseline bum
10-08-2014, 02:31 PM
The Spurs ring ceremony in game 1 of the new season is a nice touch.

Can you take a screenshot of Ayres getting his ring?

DJR210
10-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Can you take a screenshot of Ayres getting his ring?

I modded it so he doesn't get one

Cry Havoc
10-09-2014, 01:34 AM

:lmao

Cry Havoc
10-09-2014, 01:35 AM
I'll be picking this up for PC very soon. :tu

TDMVPDPOY
10-09-2014, 01:56 AM

they got a 2k section

thing i hate about the patchers, hard to find any spurs players skins...its like they are last on the lists to patch

DJR210
10-09-2014, 05:51 AM
they got a 2k section

thing i hate about the patchers, hard to find any spurs players skins...its like they are last on the lists to patch

Another good thing about being the best team..more modding support. Last year they had a good amount of mods for SA.

koriwhat
10-09-2014, 09:12 PM
I just got it 2k15 last night for the 360... not much of anything changed. $60 for an outdated-updated roster. I know, I know, the changes are noticeable on next Gen consoles but this just seems like a con trick to us who haven't bought into the next Gen wave.

TDMVPDPOY
10-09-2014, 09:34 PM
I just got it 2k15 last night for the 360... not much of anything changed. $60 for an outdated-updated roster. I know, I know, the changes are noticeable on next Gen consoles but this just seems like a con trick to us who haven't bought into the next Gen wave.

i know this years version u can put ur face into the game

u going to mod a skin with ur calf tattoos?

IronMexican
10-09-2014, 10:39 PM
I've heard this game is absolute dog shit.

This is good. Last time everyone realized a 2k game was shit, we were gifted with 2k11.

Cry Havoc
10-10-2014, 10:05 AM
http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/10/08/review-nba-2k15/110044/

This review likes it a lot, and on metacritic the game is getting a lot of praise.

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 10:27 AM
IGN shits all over 2k15, but all the bad marks are for the online crap that I won't play anyways. Last one I got was 2k13 so I'll probably get this one too, though I'm cheap might wait for it to come down to $39.99.

Cry Havoc
10-10-2014, 11:07 AM
IGN shits all over 2k15, but all the bad marks are for the online crap that I won't play anyways. Last one I got was 2k13 so I'll probably get this one too, though I'm cheap might wait for it to come down to $39.99.

Yeah, I hate online stuff. Just a bunch of goobers trying to find the easiest way to exploit the game engine for points. Ends up not being a very realistic representation of basketball. If I find an exploit in the AI's programming, I won't use it to win games unless I'm set on the hardest difficulty level, and even then I usually handicap myself to only playing realistic basketball.

I haven't bought a 2k basketball game since 2k12 so I might jump on this today. Want to see the next-gen engine on my computer with all the mods.

100%duncan
10-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Surprised that Spurs is rated that high. Fuckin finally eh?

DJR210
10-10-2014, 12:27 PM
I just got it 2k15 last night for the 360.

:lol what the fuck is wrong with you
:lol expecting a groundbreaking sports game experience on a 10 year old console

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 12:38 PM

Doesn't XBone only render at 720p like X360 anyways? LOL paying $500 for that piece of shit.

DJR210
10-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Here are my thoughts so far. Playing on PC as the Spurs in the association mode..

Pros

Graphics - Nearly all the player models look spot on. The hair and beards look great for the most part. The courts, jerseys, lighting, all look amazing on ultra settings. The players seem to be bigger this year, and their ratio to the court and the basket is much more realistic looking IMO.

Gameplay - As refined as ever. Once you get the hang of the controls, and take the time to learn all of the moves and hot zones, you feel like you are in complete control of what you are trying to do.

Animations - They fixed a lot of the stupid ass animations that have ruined a lot of close games in the past. I haven't been fucked over near the basket yet. The players feel more weighty and less ice skatey this year. Some people complain about 2k's player movement in general, but these are fucktards with no coordination who do not get the concept of slight stick movements to stay with the opposing player. You should only mash the left stick when you're trying to run up the court.

Presentation - The UI, tickers, cut scenes all look great. They have Warriors coach Steve Kerr doing the double duty of coaching and calling the game which is funny when you play the Warriors, but 2K says they didn't have enough time to replace all of Kerr's audio. They added in pre-game shows with Ernie and Shaq and they have a ton to say, but Shaq looks retarded when he's talking. Maybe that was intended. On the fly camera changes are a great addition IMO as well.

Myplayer - The face scan is great if you read the tips from 2k to get them right, but even w/o the scan the molding tools are perfect for getting the faces to look exactly like you want them. From what I've seen the storylines look ok, I may actually play this mode this year.

Cons

Choppiness/Stuttering - the game has micro stutter during the gameplay that annoys the shit out of me. 2k is aware of the issue, and it should be fixed officially through a patch soon. I've been able to play around w/ some settings in the mean time to improve the issue.

Certain beards and hairstyles - look stupid as fuck. Belinelli and Pop are good examples of this.

Ambient sounds - Not enough on court sound. 2k needs to animate the players faces more and include the sounds of trash talking, yelling when fouled or dunking, etc. It just seems too quiet. This has always been a problem for them.

Soundtrack -

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article9136305.ece/alternates/w620/Pharrell-Getty.jpg

Nuff said. Arby's hat fucked up the soundtrack real nicely, and his faggotry is on full display here.

As for any gripes about the online, I haven't heard the details yet, but don't really care because the online is ruined by the community. Couch multiplayer is where it's at.

DJR210
10-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Doesn't XBone only render at 720p like X360 anyways? LOL paying $500 for that piece of shit.

:lol more than likely. The console people are shitting the bed on the video game forums at the announcement of Assassin's Creed Unity being locked at 900p and 30 FPS on consoles. The reason for the decision from Ubisoft was hilarious.

:cry "we locked it on both systems so the players won't fight about which version is better" :cry

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 02:23 PM
:lol more than likely. The console people are shitting the bed on the video game forums at the announcement of Assassin's Creed Unity being locked at 900p and 30 FPS on consoles. The reason for the decision from Ubisoft was hilarious.

:cry "we locked it on both systems so the players won't fight about which version is better" :cry

I don't mind locking to 30 FPS at 1920x1080 when I can't hit 60, but having to drop to 1600x900 just to get 30 FPS? :rollin

DJR210
10-10-2014, 02:37 PM
I don't mind locking to 30 FPS at 1920x1080 when I can't hit 60, but having to drop to 1600x900 just to get 30 FPS? :rollin

:cry "we wanted the game to have a cinematic feel, 60 FPS looks weird like The Hobbit movie" :cry - Ubisoft

30 FPS is unplayable once you get used to 60. Just can't go less than 50 FPS. I haven't tried true 120 hz yet, but I can imagine how nice that would look on a G -Sync monitor.

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 02:46 PM
:cry "we wanted the game to have a cinematic feel, 60 FPS looks weird like The Hobbit movie" :cry - Ubisoft

30 FPS is unplayable once you get used to 60. Just can't go less than 50 FPS. I haven't tried true 120 hz yet, but I can imagine how nice that would look on a G -Sync monitor.

I'd rather have the visuals than the FPS tbh, and I'm not buying an unlocked i7 and a 780 Ti or 980 just to get that locked 60 fps on Crysis 3 Very High for example.

Cry Havoc
10-10-2014, 03:20 PM

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-f8Ls2jt/0/1050x10000/i-f8Ls2jt-1050x10000.jpg

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 03:27 PM
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-f8Ls2jt/0/1050x10000/i-f8Ls2jt-1050x10000.jpg

You knew that game was going to be shit when AMD is giving it away free at launch for buying one of their cards. :lol

DJR210
10-10-2014, 05:14 PM
You knew that game was going to be shit when AMD is giving it away free at launch for buying one of their cards. :lol

Both companies routinely give out AAA games w/ their cards. Borderlands 2, BF4, Assassins Creed 3 and 4, Arkham City all come to mind. If anything, you know that game is gonna suck because it's an Alien game not on the Genesis. In fairness, I have actually heard some good things about AI on other forums.

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Both companies routinely give out AAA games w/ their cards. Borderlands 2, BF4, Assassins Creed 3 and 4, Arkham City all come to mind. If anything, you know that game is gonna suck because it's an Alien game not on the Genesis. In fairness, I have actually heard some good things about AI on other forums.

Wow, never knew they used to give out good games. If I go AMD I'm not even going to take them up on the 3 free games offer for the $6 newegg will charge me in shipping. The AMD Gold lineup looks like shit right now.

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 05:21 PM
I take it back: Star Citizen looks pretty interesting.

DJR210
10-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Wow, never knew they used to give out good games. If I go AMD I'm not even going to take them up on the 3 free games offer for the $6 newegg will charge me in shipping. The AMD Gold lineup looks like shit right now.

:lol you're trippin. While I agree the list is dated, Hitman Absolution, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Payday 2, Company of Heroes 2 are all good games. Hitman and Tomb Raider are also good to show off what your new card is capable of. Shit, if you ever get a GPU I'll pay the shipping and redeem your games :tu

DJR210
10-10-2014, 05:23 PM
I take it back: Star Citizen looks pretty interesting.

Yeah, was gonna warn you not to talk bad about Star Citizen. Cry Havoc will be fucking pissed.

Cry Havoc
10-10-2014, 05:24 PM

Dude, let me know when you buy your card. I might take those games off your hand and pay the shipping. :lol

DJR210
10-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Dude, let me know when you buy your card. I might take those games off your hand and pay the shipping. :lol

Hey, hey, hey. Don't go bustin my balls guy, I already made the offer.

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 05:29 PM
To channel my inner Croyt, you two faggots can go fist each other tbh, as DJR210 sold me on keeping them.

Cry Havoc
10-10-2014, 05:33 PM
To channel my inner Croyt, you two faggots can go fist each other tbh, as DJR210 sold me on keeping them.

Star Citizen will be amazing.

DJR210
10-10-2014, 05:41 PM
:lmao still holding on to the dream of a computer upgrade
:lmao spends all spare money on Mexican food

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 07:06 PM
:lmao spends all spare money on Mexican whores

fify tbh

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 07:32 PM

Star Citizen will be amazing.

Will Star Citizen be on PS4?

Cry Havoc
10-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Will Star Citizen be on PS4?

I'll assume this is a joke

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 08:12 PM
I'll assume this is a joke

Console usually releases before PC though.

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 08:14 PM
In fairness, I have actually heard some good things about AI on other forums.

You see IGN's review? Niggas ripped that shit to threads and said it was only fun the first few hours.

DJR210
10-10-2014, 08:18 PM
You see IGN's review? Niggas ripped that shit to threads and said it was only fun the first few hours.

:lol nah. The damn game is probably like 5 hours, so sounds like a win to me :tu

Edit: Just read the review. I can see where he's coming from. Sounds like a great idea that gets old quick. Should have made it an online campaign so it's more unpredictable with other people in the game world.

I'm gonna download this and Shadows of Mordor, they seem like fun to play really stupid fucking high out of my mind.

:toast to the ease of pirating PC games

baseline bum
10-10-2014, 08:33 PM
:lol nah. The damn game is probably like 5 hours, so sounds like a win to me :tu

Edit: Just read the review. I can see where he's coming from. Sounds like a great idea that gets old quick. Should have made it an online campaign so it's more unpredictable with other people in the game world.

I'm gonna download this and Shadows of Mordor, they seem like fun to play really stupid fucking high out of my mind.

:toast to the ease of pirating PC games

Why do you want my free AMD games then? :lol

DJR210
10-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Why do you want my free AMD games then? :lol

...i dunno

Cry Havoc
10-11-2014, 12:05 AM
Console usually releases before PC though.

The PS4 is not even in the vicinity of being able to run Star Citizen. It wouldn't be able to push it at 720p/30fps. SC is the most demanding game ever, and would eat both of the consoles for breakfast.

DJR210
10-11-2014, 01:20 AM
The PS4 is not even in the vicinity of being able to run Star Citizen. It wouldn't be able to push it at 720p/30fps. SC is the most demanding game ever, and would eat both of the consoles for breakfast.

But is it so demanding because those no name devs can't program for shit?

Cry Havoc
10-11-2014, 02:49 AM
But is it so demanding because those no name devs can't program for shit?

It's running a heavily modified version of the crysis 3 engine. So, no, it'svery likely that iit's demanding because it's a really powerful engine that's doing some insane things in real time.

baseline bum
10-11-2014, 02:44 PM
It's running a heavily modified version of the crysis 3 engine. So, no, it'svery likely that iit's demanding because it's a really powerful engine that's doing some insane things in real time.

So I take it your Star Citizen build will be a Haswell-E or Broadwell-E build? The 6 and 8-core i7s and 8-core Fx seem to kill on Crysis 3. You gonna buy one of those $1000 i7X's?

DJR210
10-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Spent a good amount of time playing last night..My verdict is in:

9/10 - Best sports game I've played. I'm playing two feet away from a 55" TV, with surround headphones, this shit is immersive as hell. They made all of the different actions in the game challenging, but rewarding. From playing lock down defense, to getting "green" on a perfectly timed jump shot, everything in this game is handled really well, and the game is a blast to play single or multi.

baseline bum
10-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Spent a good amount of time playing last night..My verdict is in:

9/10 - Best sports game I've played. I'm playing two feet away from a 55" TV, with surround headphones, this shit is immersive as hell. They made all of the different actions in the game challenging, but rewarding. From playing lock down defense, to getting "green" on a perfectly timed jump shot, everything in this game is handled really well, and the game is a blast to play single or multi.

Do they get Pop's sideline interviews right?

DJR210
10-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Do they get Pop's sideline interviews right?

No, says too much. He only talks that much when the reporter is sexy, not to Doris. I mean it's him talking and everything, but they should have used bad mood Pop.

koriwhat
10-11-2014, 10:13 PM
i know this years version u can put ur face into the game

u going to mod a skin with ur calf tattoos?

Hardy Har har... when's your defjam appearance?

baseline bum
10-11-2014, 10:20 PM

I think it's pretty perverse that companies are charging full price for the games on obsolete hardware. I remember after the 360 had been out a year the PS2 and XBox ports of games were like $40-$50 at launch instead of the $60 your ass paid for the X360 version.

DJR210
10-12-2014, 01:07 AM
I think it's pretty perverse that companies are charging full price for the games on obsolete hardware. I remember after the 360 had been out a year the PS2 and XBox ports of games were like $40-$50 at launch instead of the $60 your ass paid for the X360 version.

Yeah for real. How the fuck is that game the same as the next gen counterpart, and it's literally renamed modes and an updated roster? This is why I pirate from the shitty companies, and purchase games from developers who still give a shit.

baseline bum
10-12-2014, 07:52 AM
Yeah for real. How the fuck is that game the same as the next gen counterpart, and it's literally renamed modes and an updated roster? This is why I pirate from the shitty companies, and purchase games from developers who still give a shit.

NBA 2k for PC is one of those games I'd only buy every other year since yeah, I don't want to pay $60 to get the exact same game when I can just do a roster update and change the textures for updated arenas and jerseys.

Cry Havoc
10-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Hardy Har har... when's your defjam appearance?

:lmao Ohhhhhh

DJR210
10-13-2014, 11:28 AM

Shit, Alien Isolation ain't too bad if you can manage the fact that you are on the run all game. It's pretty fucking scary when your sensor starts going off and you're forced to try and find cover before getting shredded. This game had my heart rate going last night, it gives a sense of dread I don't think I've had in a game since Resident Evil 2 where that big ass dude Mr. X or whatever stalks you during the alternate playthrough.

This game on an Oculus Rift would be the shit, the vids on YouTube look pretty sick.

Cry Havoc
10-16-2014, 11:28 AM
I am really enjoying the ball handling. Seems reasonably difficult without being overpowered.

Defense is definitely challenging though.

Venti Quattro
10-16-2014, 11:36 AM
I fucking hate this game. I can't make a shot and closing out on shooters is so hard because of the delay in jumping. I'm going back to NBA 2K14.

0/10 will not play again

baseline bum
10-16-2014, 11:57 AM
I fucking hate this game. I can't make a shot and closing out on shooters is so hard because of the delay in jumping. I'm going back to NBA 2K14.

0/10 will not play again

Did they give Kobe accurate ratings this time around? Could be the explanation tbh.

illusioNtEk
10-16-2014, 12:09 PM
Did they give Kobe accurate ratings this time around? Could be the explanation tbh.

-39 :lol

DJR210
10-16-2014, 02:38 PM

0/10 will not play again

:lol it's because you're garbage. It's probably also because you're running with the Lakers :lol. Step your game up, how hard can it be to remember green = perfect release.

Also, if you ain't running plays (not quick plays either) you ain't gonna score points. The game rewards you for playing realistically, and this includes shooting from each players hot zone.

Venti Quattro
10-16-2014, 03:21 PM

I use the Dubs because I got the releases of Steph, Klay and Iggy and no one can beat me. Now I can't even make two shots in a row lol

Venti Quattro
10-16-2014, 03:23 PM
Also, if you ain't running plays (not quick plays either) you ain't gonna score points. The game rewards you for playing realistically, and this includes shooting from each players hot zone.

What do I still really need to think that deep for a game? I'm not doing a Kobe or Westbrook and I'm just finding open shooters. I should be able to make open shots and I can't because it's kinda inconsistent.

lefty
10-16-2014, 03:23 PM
:lmao

DJR210
10-16-2014, 05:15 PM
What do I still really need to think that deep for a game? I'm not doing a Kobe or Westbrook and I'm just finding open shooters. I should be able to make open shots and I can't because it's kinda inconsistent.

Stick to NBA Jam bro.

Venti Quattro
10-16-2014, 11:12 PM
Stick to NBA Jam bro.

Lol fuck you puto

But seriously I need to sit down and practice my 2K15. I can't make two shots in a row :lmao

lefty
10-16-2014, 11:23 PM
I can't make two shots in a row :lmao

Cheat code : Stop playing with the Lakers

DJR210
10-16-2014, 11:32 PM
Lol fuck you puto

But seriously I need to sit down and practice my 2K15. I can't make two shots in a row :lmao

Trust me. It's user error. You need to go in to the practice mode and make sure you know where each players zone is. Also, this game wants you to be familiar with all of the player badges, and play to your strengths.

You'll be blowing out the computer in no time, then it's time to up the difficulty or start whopping ass online.

The Reckoning
10-16-2014, 11:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO3g2AmdI9Y

LOL the voice acting is so painful

Venti Quattro
10-16-2014, 11:52 PM
Cheat code : Stop playing with the Lakers

:lol Nexus 6

lefty
10-17-2014, 12:27 AM
:lol Nexus 6
:lol Google

baseline bum
05-31-2015, 08:55 AM
Here are my thoughts so far. Playing on PC as the Spurs in the association mode..

Pros

Graphics - Nearly all the player models look spot on. The hair and beards look great for the most part. The courts, jerseys, lighting, all look amazing on ultra settings. The players seem to be bigger this year, and their ratio to the court and the basket is much more realistic looking IMO.

There is an ultra setting? I just ^^nosTEAM^^ed this shit and "high" seems to be the highest option for everything. It looks good but doesn't push my 970 at all at 1080p, I'm getting like 160 fps with 4xMSAA on if I turn vsync off. Even turning MSAA to 8x when I put vsync on my GPU is at like 40% usage to cap at 60 fps. Is there some kind of ENB for this shit too?

Doesn't seem right that I could pull a consistent 160 fps with shit maxed out, I can't do that on anything but old Call of Duty games and shit. Do you get 100+ fps with shit maxed out, not counting patches?

Also, lol my very first game was Spurs vs Cavs and Kyrie Irving tore his achilles in the first quarter. :lol

DJR210
05-31-2015, 01:02 PM
There is an ultra setting? I just ^^nosTEAM^^ed this shit and "high" seems to be the highest option for everything. It looks good but doesn't push my 970 at all at 1080p, I'm getting like 160 fps with 4xMSAA on if I turn vsync off. Even turning MSAA to 8x when I put vsync on my GPU is at like 40% usage to cap at 60 fps. Is there some kind of ENB for this shit too?

Doesn't seem right that I could pull a consistent 160 fps with shit maxed out, I can't do that on anything but old Call of Duty games and shit. Do you get 100+ fps with shit maxed out, not counting patches?

Also, lol my very first game was Spurs vs Cavs and Kyrie Irving tore his achilles in the first quarter. :lol

It's a straight up port with AA options.. The AA goes up pretty high though.

I run mine G-Sync capped at 99 hz.. beautifully smooth that way. I just turn down the AA a little bit to make sure it stays there. The frames drop to 4 something during cutscenes that include shots of the crowd, because there is so much detail and AA on them.

baseline bum
05-31-2015, 01:27 PM
It's a straight up port with AA options.. The AA goes up pretty high though.

I run mine G-Sync capped at 99 hz.. beautifully smooth that way. I just turn down the AA a little bit to make sure it stays there. The frames drop to 4 something during cutscenes that include shots of the crowd, because there is so much detail and AA on them.

OK, so it's normal to get ridiculously high framerates in this? It runs like fucking Minecraft. :lol I guess it was just the release version where people were having a hard time staying at 60 fps and getting stuttering? Because it's ridiculously smooth now.

How is the modding in 2k15? I loved in NBA Live 2006 where to add a new texture pack all you had to do was put the face-and-shape file in the corresponding directory with the right filename. So for instance a Manu Ginobili face file could be updated by making a new one, naming it emginobili.fsh, and putting it in the faces directory, or the 70-71 Hawks home jersey could be changed by making a new one, calling it atl70h.fsh, and putting it in the jerseys directory. I'd guess it's not that easy with 2k15 though. :lol

DJR210
05-31-2015, 03:08 PM
OK, so it's normal to get ridiculously high framerates in this? It runs like fucking Minecraft. :lol I guess it was just the release version where people were having a hard time staying at 60 fps and getting stuttering? Because it's ridiculously smooth now.

How is the modding in 2k15? I loved in NBA Live 2006 where to add a new texture pack all you had to do was put the face-and-shape file in the corresponding directory with the right filename. So for instance a Manu Ginobili face file could be updated by making a new one, naming it emginobili.fsh, and putting it in the faces directory, or the 70-71 Hawks home jersey could be changed by making a new one, calling it atl70h.fsh, and putting it in the jerseys directory. I'd guess it's not that easy with 2k15 though. :lol

When it first released it had terrible micro stutter even though frames were high, but I was able to fix that then by forcing V-Sync and triple buffering in the control panel.

Now, I don't need any fixes, it's been resolved via patches.

The mod scene sucks on next gen 2k15.. the modders haven't figured out this new engine. Maybe it's different now, I haven't checked in a month or so.

baseline bum
05-31-2015, 10:33 PM
When it first released it had terrible micro stutter even though frames were high, but I was able to fix that then by forcing V-Sync and triple buffering in the control panel.

Now, I don't need any fixes, it's been resolved via patches.

The mod scene sucks on next gen 2k15.. the modders haven't figured out this new engine. Maybe it's different now, I haven't checked in a month or so.

Was running this shit on 1440p DSR with 8xMSAA and finally got it to drop into the 50s fps in cutscenes, but always in the 80s ingame. But after 8xMSAA the DSR seemed to make no difference other than making my GPU stay pinned at 99% and having my framerate drop, so I'll just stick with straight 1080p with 8xMSAA where even the cutscenes never drop below about 85 fps. The fog in the arenas sucks, what was 2k thinking there?

DJR210
05-31-2015, 10:38 PM
Was running this shit on 1440p DSR with 8xMSAA and finally got it to drop into the 50s fps in cutscenes, but always in the 80s ingame. But after 8xMSAA the DSR seemed to make no difference other than making my GPU stay pinned at 99% and having my framerate drop, so I'll just stick with straight 1080p with 8xMSAA where even the cutscenes never drop below about 85 fps. The fog in the arenas sucks, what was 2k thinking there?

It should be easy to remove, it was easy for them to mod into 2k14 last year.

Strange Love
05-31-2015, 10:49 PM
Did they fix the lopsided advantages the computer gets when you're up by 20?

I dont like the way the game is designed in career mode. Fucking PC cheats their way to wins after being down by a huge margin.

One or two games I get but everytime..fuck that.

AlexJones
06-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Not sure about this game but I got NBA 2K14 for 4.99 and it plays like a 90s NBA. Bad spacing, bad passing, too many goddamn turnovers.

TDMVPDPOY
06-01-2015, 11:40 PM
if u play the spurs

how do u guys play with enrique?...dude fkn sucks in real life and pixel

06-02-2015, 02:10 AM
if u play the spurs

Porker has the best release in the game :lol

DJR210
06-02-2015, 08:30 AM
if u play the spurs