PDA

View Full Version : The same, old Kawhi

Sdsuspur
08-17-2014, 04:01 PM
Finally getting around to using the account I made during last years finals

A good read for any Kawhi fans
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/aug/16/sdsu-basketball-kawhi-leonard-contract/

Obstructed_View
08-17-2014, 04:11 PM
I think the comma between same and old makes the title read as though Kawhi is still old.

ABC
08-17-2014, 04:44 PM
Finally getting around to using the account I made during last years finals

A good read for any Kawhi fans
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/aug/16/sdsu-basketball-kawhi-leonard-contract/

Enjoyed the article. Thanks for posting :toast

ElNono
08-17-2014, 05:04 PM
good read, thanks for sharing

HI-FI
08-17-2014, 05:05 PM
thanks for posting. very good read. man I love Kawhi. :cry

ElNono
08-17-2014, 05:13 PM
I still remember Blair at this point in his career... all day in twitter, with the rap and the bling... You can tell why the Spurs love Kawhi, he's a gym rat and takes his job professionally...

barakz21
08-17-2014, 05:18 PM
Kinda OP, but would be great if anybody could spare me a few mins of their time.. Do they make new HEB commercials every year? Good read BTW op, keep it up!:toast

Dunc n Dave
08-17-2014, 05:21 PM
The part of the article I found quite interesting was this:

“I always forget how much money he has,” said Castleberry, his closest friend from high school and college who recently was hired by the Spurs in their video and player development unit. “You forget because he doesn’t live like that. He doesn’t splurge.

Nice move by the Spurs hiring his best friend to help insure he won't want to leave SA if it comes down to restricted free agency, or god forbid unrestricted free agency. Make it feel like a family... the Spurs WAY...

BatManu20
08-17-2014, 05:49 PM
^ good point.

Love Kawhii like a fat kid loves cake. Confident PATFO will ensure that he's not going anywhere in due time.

tmtcsc
08-17-2014, 05:59 PM
This guy is pure gold. I don't think the Spurs knew just how great they had it when they got him. Humble, wants to be the best and is willing to put in the work to get there.

noxious
08-17-2014, 06:30 PM
enjoyed the article. thanks! :toast

boutons_deux
08-17-2014, 06:46 PM
I think the comma between same and old makes the title read as though Kawhi is still old.

Eats Shoots, and Leaves

littlecoyotecoin
08-17-2014, 08:04 PM
The part of the article I found quite interesting was this:

“I always forget how much money he has,” said Castleberry, his closest friend from high school and college who recently was hired by the Spurs in their video and player development unit. “You forget because he doesn’t live like that. He doesn’t splurge.

Nice move by the Spurs hiring his best friend to help insure he won't want to leave SA if it comes down to restricted free agency, or god forbid unrestricted free agency. Make it feel like a family... the Spurs WAY...

Yes. Nice touches by the organization.

HI-FI
08-17-2014, 08:45 PM
i was reading up on this Castleberry fellow,in fact I think i've seen him in the background of the practice vids. seems like a good guy, so nice touch by the organization imo.

~O~
08-17-2014, 08:58 PM
I looked up Kawhi Leonard's fullname and then..look what I saw. THE ****? :nope

Maybe its because I'm in Florida and google is using local cookies or some shit. Maybe I'm just being a homer. >_>

http://s28.postimg.org/a9gc065ql/Capture.png

Dex
08-17-2014, 09:17 PM
Kinda OP, but would be great if anybody could spare me a few mins of their time.. Do they make new HEB commercials every year? Good read BTW op, keep it up!:toast

Yes, they do. Every year usually brings 2-3 more commercials, and I expect Kawhi will be present for at least one next season.

Spur|n|Austin
08-17-2014, 10:53 PM
This guy is pure gold. I don't think the Spurs knew just how great they had it when they got him. Humble, wants to be the best and is willing to put in the work to get there.

It's a great, great thing.

wildchild
08-17-2014, 11:27 PM
Maybe its because I'm in Florida and google is using local cookies or some shit.
Nah it's global, but don't worry you can find this... too. :D
http://i.imgur.com/wWhCT4L.jpg

wildchild
08-17-2014, 11:43 PM
i was reading up on this Castleberry fellow,in fact I think i've seen him in the background of the practice vids. seems like a good guy, so nice touch by the organization imo.

SDSU's Jeremy Castleberry: "The consummate team player"

“I mean, I’m not going to get any more playing time if I shoot 500 shots, but I just really love basketball,” Castleberry says. “I really like going out there and shooting 500 jump shots. I like doing that.”

Which helps explain why he is best friends with Kawhi Leonard.

They have been close since playing together on an Inland Empire AAU club as 14-year-olds and then for two seasons at Martin Luther King High in Riverside, and Castleberry regularly travels to San Antonio during school breaks to see Leonard play with NBA’s Spurs. But their friendship is rooted in more than familiarity and circumstance; they are basketball junkies, both of them.
“Two people who really, really love basketball,” Castleberry says

“As a kid, that’s all you dream about, playing in the NBA,” says Castleberry, whose older brother, Justin, averaging 11.5 points and 33.1 minutes as a senior at Bucknell in 2008-09. “But I’m 5-9 and my best friend is 6-7, and he’s out there dominating. Once I had the opportunity to come here and I could continue to help him, I realized we could try and make that dream come true. And we did it"
At first, Castleberry would rebound while Leonard shot and then Leonard would reciprocate in their endless stream of workouts. That changed one summer night at Peterson Gym after their freshman year.

“Here’s the story of how I just became a personal rebounder,” Castleberry says, laughing. “We come in and (NBA star) Trevor Ariza was here, working out at the other end. But only Trevor Ariza is working out. His friends are strictly passing him the ball. Kawhi keeps looking over there and he’s like, ‘Jerm, you know I’m trying to get to the League. You see Trevor Ariza’s homies, they’re not out here shooting. We could cut our time in half.’“I’m like, ‘Dang, I just lost my jumpers.’”

But here’s the thing about Castleberry. He squinted into the cloud and found the silver lining.
“One thing it has helped is my passing. My passing is incredible, I will say that,” he says. “And the main focus is 100 percent on him. I have no problem with that. We started off together. I was there. We were really good friends when no one thought this was possible.

“So when you see everything happening, just as happy as Kawhi is, I get happy, too.”

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/mar/04/sdsu-basketball-jeremy-castleberry-kawhi/

Ice009
08-17-2014, 11:57 PM
Great article. Jeremy seems like a pretty cool guy and he's 100% a Basketball fan/junkie. That's the right guy to hang out with Kawhi and if he loves the game as much as Kawhi, then I can see why the Spurs hired him.

100%duncan
08-18-2014, 02:55 AM
:tu

barakz21
08-18-2014, 05:27 AM
Yes, they do. Every year usually brings 2-3 more commercials, and I expect Kawhi will be present for at least one next season.

Gotcha, thanks a lot dex!:toast

ambchang
08-18-2014, 07:09 AM
Great article, but James harden never forced a trade. Okc just got cheap.

Old School 44
08-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Nice article. Thanks for sharing. Seems like a nice, hard working young man. In the article someone says, "he doesn't like to spend money". I hope for his sake he's getting sound financial advice, and no one else spends his money.

SsKSpurs21
08-18-2014, 11:06 AM
why does he want to live in the ghettos of east san antonio? thats the only place you will find that is 5 minutes away from the spurs practice facility. get that extension and build your own gym in your backyard like tony parker lol.

Old School 44
08-18-2014, 11:08 AM
why does he want to live in the ghettos of east san antonio? thats the only place you will find that is 5 minutes away from the spurs practice facility. get that extension and build your own gym in your backyard like tony parker lol. The practice facility is actually on the Northwest side of San Antonio.

exstatic
08-18-2014, 01:04 PM
why does he want to live in the ghettos of east san antonio? thats the only place you will find that is 5 minutes away from the spurs practice facility. get that extension and build your own gym in your backyard like tony parker lol.
Idiot. The practice facility is in the NW part of the Medical Center, off Huebner.

ducks
08-18-2014, 02:12 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kawhi-leonard-was-too-busy-working-out-to-to-fun-stuff-with-the-o-brien-trophy--so-he-left-it-in-his-condo-181752313.html

myhc
08-18-2014, 08:38 PM
Damn, didn't think it was possible to like this kid even more. Thanks for posting that article. Really nice read.

Obstructed_View
08-18-2014, 08:50 PM
Idiot. The practice facility is in the NW part of the Medical Center, off Huebner.

David Robinson's business office used to be right by there, right in front of my apartment complex. Damn, I miss SA.

Skull-1
08-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Leonard > Manu