PDA

View Full Version : I can't see it.

Avante
08-18-2014, 04:04 PM
So you and a buddy are going to go play some handball, he is driving. While you're sitting there you start tossing the ball up in the air, you are going 70 miles an hour. How come when the ball is in the air you don't...zooom....out of under it? You are in a car going 70, the ball is in the air.

cantthinkofanything
08-18-2014, 04:07 PM
So you and a buddy are going to go play some handball, he is driving. While you're sitting there you start tossing the ball up in the air, you are going 70 miles an hour. How come when the ball is in the air you don't...zooom....out of under it? You are in a car going 70, the ball is in the air.

trick question. I bet the ball is in your mouth.

DisAsTerBot
08-18-2014, 04:08 PM
relative motion. i guess if it's not track it's.....zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

Avante
08-18-2014, 04:13 PM
relative motion. i guess if it's not track it's.....zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

Bingo! But can we see this relative motion? My point being there are a lot of things that go on we can't actually see. Remember.....I can't see it?

Avante
08-18-2014, 04:15 PM
trick question. I bet the ball is in your mouth.

Some of us are past that stick things in your mouth stage.

spurraider21
08-18-2014, 04:18 PM
Bingo! But can we see this relative motion? My point being there are a lot of things that go on we can't actually see. Remember.....I can't see it?
i can't see oxygen either.

however, we can observe relative motion through repeated experimentation. just like we can observe the existence of oxygen int he air through experimentation.

relative motion is very simple physics. high school physics covers it

DisAsTerBot
08-18-2014, 04:18 PM

oh i see now! You are talking about science and verifiable claims! Go on professor...

lil'mo
08-18-2014, 04:21 PM
The ball is going 70 mph too duh

Avante
08-18-2014, 04:23 PM
i can't see oxygen either.

however, we can observe relative motion through repeated experimentation. just like we can observe the existence of oxygen int he air through experimentation.

relative motion is very simple physics. high school physics covers it

We can now, which is my point. Once upon a time none of that stuff was known about. Yet it existed all along we just weren't prepared to understand due to ignorance.

Now think.

Avante
08-18-2014, 04:24 PM
The ball is going 70 mph too duh

Yes it is, duh! But we can't see why that is happening can we?

spurraider21
08-18-2014, 04:26 PM
We can now, which is my point. Once upon a time none of that stuff was known about. Yet it existed all along we just weren't prepared to understand due to ignorance.

Now think.
just like how you think you have creation all figured out... because you aren't prepared to understand life due to ignorance. it's outdated

now think.

cantthinkofanything
08-18-2014, 04:27 PM
Yes it is, duh! But we can't see why that is happening can we?

Is the correct answer, "Blind Lemon Jefferson"?

Avante
08-18-2014, 04:33 PM
just like how you think you have creation all figured out... because you aren't prepared to understand life due to ignorance. it's outdated

now think.

Why gloss over what I said with a question, how about addressing the point.

Long ago man didn't know about relative motion yet it existed....right? 100 years from now we'll know about something that exists right now we know nothing about. In other words we don't know it all and there will always be things we aren't equipped to understand until we get more advanced.

Einstein said something along the lines of.....creation to us is like a child trying to figure out the raidio.......something similiar. It's exactly like that, it's not that something doesn't exist it's about we aren't advanced enought to understand it.

cantthinkofanything
08-18-2014, 04:35 PM
Why gloss over what I said with a question, how about addressing the point.

Long ago man didn't know about relative motion yet it existed....right? 100 years from now we'll know about something that exists right now we know nothing about. In other words we don't know it all and there will always be things we aren't equipped to understand until we get more advanced.

Einstein said something along the lines of.....creation to us is like a child trying to figure out the raidio.......something similiar. It's exactly like that, it's not that something doesn't exist it's about we aren't advanced enought to understand it.

or maybe it's like trying to explain Geometry to a dog. he's never going to understand it.

Avante
08-18-2014, 04:36 PM
Is the correct answer, "Blind Lemon Jefferson"?

When I was a kid I hated being around the grown ups.

Avante
08-18-2014, 04:37 PM
or maybe it's like trying to explain Geometry to a dog. he's never going to understand it.

I think it's more like trying to explain to you that acting like a deranged 14 year old sucks.

cantthinkofanything
08-18-2014, 04:40 PM
I think it's more like trying to explain to you that acting like a deranged 14 year old sucks.

seriously, have you considered the possibility that people may not be capable of understanding something? you think everything is knowable?

Avante
08-18-2014, 04:56 PM
seriously, have you considered the possibility that people may not be capable of understanding something? you think everything is knowable?

When we start dealing in emotions then we begin to enter regions we'll get lost in. But material things sure there is nothing we can't know...........................in time.

cantthinkofanything
08-18-2014, 04:58 PM
When we start dealing in emotions then we begin to enter regions we'll get lost in. But material things sure there is nothing we can't know...........................in time.

so you think humans will learn what God is? or whatever it is that we're collectively talking about that set things in motion?

Avante
08-18-2014, 05:31 PM
so you think humans will learn what God is? or whatever it is that we're collectively talking about that set things in motion?

I do believe we are in the beginning of the last days, the Middle East is going to get more dangerous than ever. So whatever it is is running out of time, obviously cosmic time isn't ..60 minutes.

We will find out the answer but it will happen so late in the game we won't be able to do anything but....."we'll I'll be damn a black woman". So all that time it wasn't ...father it was mother...wow! While the atheist's...."I was just funnin' I knew it all along, honest"

xmas1997
08-18-2014, 08:21 PM

I have him on "ignore", too immature and ignorant to converse with IMHO.

I do believe we are in the beginning of the last days, the Middle East is going to get more dangerous than ever. So whatever it is is running out of time, obviously cosmic time isn't ..60 minutes.

We will find out the answer but it will happen so late in the game we won't be able to do anything but....."we'll I'll be damn a black woman". So all that time it wasn't ...father it was mother...wow! While the atheist's...."I was just funnin' I knew it all along, honest"

I don't buy the "end times" thing at all. IMHO we have thousands of years to go.

boutons_deux
08-19-2014, 04:24 AM

it's basic (newtonian) physics, science, like biological evolution

Agloco
08-19-2014, 02:24 PM

Really dude?

Blake
08-19-2014, 03:17 PM
So you and a buddy are going to go play some handball, he is driving.

Ghey

silverblk mystix
08-19-2014, 03:25 PM
trick question. I bet the balls are in my mom's mouth.

DMC
08-19-2014, 03:46 PM

You just said you could see it.

DMC
08-19-2014, 03:47 PM

What was the actual beginning date of the "last days"?

ohmwrecker
08-19-2014, 06:05 PM
How does the bible explain relative motion?

Avante
08-19-2014, 06:14 PM
You just said you could see it.

Where?

Avante
08-19-2014, 06:15 PM
What was the actual beginning date of the "last days"?

I used to go back and forth .....is this guy dumb or not? You finally won me over, yep...dumb.

Avante
08-19-2014, 07:44 PM
I'm watching tv while doing this, as we know we have a dish out there receiving a signal from a satelite. We know this but we can't see it. Yet it is happening and could always have been happening, it didn't because we humans were what?

ChumpDumper
08-19-2014, 07:47 PM
I'm watching tv while doing this, as we know we have a dish out there receiving a signal from a satelite. We know this but we can't see it. Yet it is happening and could always have been happening, it didn't because we humans were what?Your fave show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo was not always on the air.