PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: ALS ice bucket challenge, tbh..

Malik Hairston
08-19-2014, 01:44 AM
I did it earlier today, I was nominated by my nigga apalisoc, we both donated $1000 each to the cause, tbh..

I nominate: Kori Ellis, dirk4mvp and Fabbs..you have 24 hours to post the video on ST, tbh, it's for ALS, so you can't reject the challenge..

apalisoc_9
08-19-2014, 02:26 AM
Sweet man.

I knew you'd do it tbh...

The people with ALS needs our support.

Trainwreck2100
08-19-2014, 02:48 AM
actually the people with ALS need a cure

RobbyH
08-19-2014, 04:05 AM
Retarded gimmick

DisAsTerBot
08-19-2014, 09:08 AM
just donate. no need to make an attention whore video about it

spurraider21
08-19-2014, 09:37 AM
I did it earlier today, I was nominated by my nigga apalisoc, we both donated $1000 each to the cause, tbh..

I nominate: Kori Ellis, dirk4mvp and Fabbs..you have 24 hours to post the video on ST, tbh, it's for ALS, so you can't reject the challenge..
post yours to spurstalk first or else it sorta defeats the point. also :lol

Malik Hairston
08-19-2014, 10:09 AM
Retarded gimmick
It's been generating money, though, tbh..

ColinB
08-19-2014, 10:11 AM
Get my boy Stephen Hawking out of that chair.

apalisoc_9
08-19-2014, 10:48 AM
It looks retarded but eveything is about donating money to the cause and raising awarbess

TDMVPDPOY
08-19-2014, 11:22 AM
looks like a bukkake scene tbh

Arcadian
08-19-2014, 02:16 PM
It's stupid because it is superficially addressing one problem while tacitly contributing to an even bigger problem - namely, the lack of fresh water in developing nations.

Tossing buckets of ice on ourselves is just a big "fuck you" to everyone on earth who is dying from a lack of access to fresh water. I would venture to guess that those people far outnumber the people with ALS.

Malik Hairston
08-19-2014, 02:43 PM
It's stupid because it is superficially addressing one problem while tacitly contributing to an even bigger problem - namely, the lack of fresh water in developing nations.

Tossing buckets of ice on ourselves is just a big "fuck you" to everyone on earth who is dying from a lack of access to fresh water. I would venture to guess that those people far outnumber the people with ALS.

:lol Americans commit "fuck you" actions to 3rd world countries every single day, tbh, at least this viral "fad" is contributing something positive..

You can't look at the world with glasses that are tinted with delusion..the majority of people aren't going to be sympathetic or take action for most causes, so you have to applaud them for the positive actions they do actually take, as flawed as those actions may be..

Malik Hairston
08-19-2014, 02:45 PM
The only problem I do have with this is that they should have raised a lot more money, considering the amount of celebrities that have posted videos of the challenge, tbh..a lot of these celebrities in particular are worth a ton of money..

ElNono
08-19-2014, 02:45 PM
:lol Americans commit "fuck you" actions to 3rd world countries every single day, tbh, at least this viral "fad" is contributing something positive..

You can't look at the world with glasses that are tinted with delusion..the majority of people aren't going to be sympathetic or take action for most causes, so you have to applaud them for the positive actions they do actually take, as flawed as those actions may be..

:lol Nathan hot dog challenge, while the world dies of starvation

RD2191
08-19-2014, 02:46 PM
:lmao

Malik Hairston
08-19-2014, 02:53 PM

:lol exactly..

Just walk by any suburban, American neighbourhood, and you'll probably see at least 1 person wasting water by excessively watering their driveway, tbh:lol..

Holden_Caulfield
08-19-2014, 03:19 PM
i'll donate if its a hot chick with a white t shirt on does the challenge, tbh

Malik Hairston
08-19-2014, 03:28 PM
i'll donate if its a hot chick with a white t shirt on does the challenge, tbh

I already challenged Kori Ellis in the OP, tbh..

UZER
08-19-2014, 03:32 PM

So no watering your lawn either. No washing dishes, no toilet flushing, etc.

diego
08-19-2014, 04:06 PM

+1, well said.

diego
08-19-2014, 04:10 PM

totally different to use water for sanitary purposes than for some "challenge". As if getting some cold water on your head in the middle of the summer were some difficult feat anyway.

Arcadian
08-19-2014, 04:20 PM

Yes, and that is consistent with my point. But we should prioritize the actions that we make and the causes for which we make them. Providing basic life needs for the billions of under-nourished humans on earth, when we have the resources and capabilities to provide them, deserves a little more attention than ALS.

That's not to say ALS doesn't deserve any attention - but paying attention with egregiously wasteful behavior is not a good way to give it attention.

Admittedly, I do these things in hideous excess. But at least those are more useful than pouring buckets of ice on myself.

DMC
08-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Get my boy Stephen Hawking out of that chair.
lol

DisAsTerBot
08-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Yes, and that is consistent with my point. But we should prioritize the actions that we make and the causes for which we make them. Providing basic life needs for the billions of under-nourished humans on earth, when we have the resources and capabilities to provide them, deserves a little more attention than ALS.

That's not to say ALS doesn't deserve any attention - but paying attention with egregiously wasteful behavior is not a good way to give it attention.

:tu

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-19-2014, 04:51 PM
I posted mine. That shit sucked.

The Reckoning
08-19-2014, 05:39 PM
our world is full of fresh water. those people don't have access to it because their leaders don't give a fuck or idea about basic infrastructure, not because we're dumping ice water on our heads. it's like that because our imperialism and obsession over their issues led to a dependence on us anyway. why don't we think domestically for once?

most people don't know what ALS (lou gehrig's disease) is, and it's something that rips families apart from the inside out. i dated a girl whose mom had ALS, and it drained all of their resources even though everyone in the family were upper class professionals. it's a very serious condition that needs attention paid to it. so take your soap box somewhere else.

Kool Bob Love
08-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Do you have any idea how they produce hot dogs? Most disgusting American "food" to consume. Semi srs.

Chinook
08-19-2014, 06:01 PM
There is a real watet crisis in both the world and in this country. Wasting water is stupid in that regard, but it's not like it's nearly as bad as water parks.

DJR210
08-19-2014, 06:22 PM
There is a real watet crisis in both the world and in this country. Wasting water is stupid in that regard, but it's not like it's nearly as bad as water parks.

Most waterparks recycle their own water

Arcadian
08-19-2014, 06:28 PM
our world is full of fresh water. those people don't have access to it because their leaders don't give a fuck or idea about basic infrastructure, not because we're dumping ice water on our heads. it's like that because our imperialism and obsession over their issues led to a dependence on us anyway. why don't we think domestically for once?

most people don't know what ALS (lou gehrig's disease) is, and it's something that rips families apart from the inside out. i dated a girl whose mom had ALS, and it drained all of their resources even though everyone in the family were upper class professionals. it's a very serious condition that needs attention paid to it. so take your soap box somewhere else.

First, to address the question "Why don't we think domestically?" Because in reality, there are no such things as "domestic issues" or "foreign issues." The world is a single interconnected system, whether or not you choose to think of it that way.

Some information on fresh water:

-97% of water on earth is saline and not directly consumable.
-According to the World Health Organization, about 2.6 billion people lack even a simple improved latrine and 1.1 billion people have no access to any type of improved drinking source water.
-1.6 million people die every year from disease attributable to lack of access to safe drinking water and sanitation, and 90% of these are children under 5.
-160 million people are infected with schistosomiasis causing tens of thousands of deaths yearly.
-Intestinal helminths are plaguing the developing world due to inadequate drinking water, sanitation and hygiene with 133 million suffering from high intensity intestinal infections.
-According to the United Nations, by 2025, an estimated 1.8 billion people will live in areas plagued by water scarcity, with two-thirds of the world's population living in water-stressed regions.

So yes, fresh water is a huge problem. Given that the human body can survive only a few days without fresh water, it should be regarded as the highest priority level among all problems with the world today.

As for the source of the problem - it is an issue of both poor management and lack of industrial application. Sadly, we could easily provide everyone on earth with fresh water many times over with a more efficiently managed global economy. With modern purification and desalination techniques, no one today should ever have to worry about fresh water. So technically, ALS should be a bigger challenge from a scientific perspective - but unfortunately, as it stands now, water is a far bigger problem.

Chinook
08-19-2014, 06:31 PM
Most waterparks recycle their own water

Means little. They still get more from other places.

ElNono
08-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Do you have any idea how they produce hot dogs? Most disgusting American "food" to consume. Semi srs.

Don't disagree, but can't possibly think it's worse than starving to death...

ElNono
08-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Water isn't scarce, tbh... the processing and distribution is where the $$$ is at, and where you see the shortage...

The Reckoning
08-19-2014, 06:51 PM
yes which brings me to my original point that it has everything to do with poor management and infrastructure and not people dumping buckets of ice on their heads

08-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Just another internet fad like Kony 2012. Do you even know where your money is going?

Arcadian
08-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Yeah I don't claim that the ALS ice bucket challenge is causing a water problem, but it just flies in the face of any solution.

I also don't think the ice thing is terrible and everyone who does it is a horrible person. :lol I can appreciate its purpose. But I would question many people's motivation for doing it - as a sort of social status check, an indication of being cool and socially aware, when really you're unaware of much bigger (although much less discussed) problems.

jeebus
08-19-2014, 06:59 PM
Just dump ice water on yourself over some soil that's in a recharge zone. That way every faggot is happy.

DJR210
08-19-2014, 07:14 PM
Means little. They still get more from other places.

Rainfall in the park?

spurraider21
08-19-2014, 07:35 PM
I posted mine. That shit sucked.
did you challenge your cats?

spurraider21
08-19-2014, 07:35 PM
:lol at faggots crying about the water waste. i'm expecting cry havoc to weigh in on it soon

RD2191
08-19-2014, 07:37 PM
did you challenge your cats?
:lmao

Chinook
08-19-2014, 08:36 PM
Rainfall in the park?

Doubt it. Those parks lose a ton of water a day.

Chinook
08-19-2014, 08:37 PM
:lol at faggots crying about the water waste. i'm expecting cry havoc to weigh in on it soon

So says the guy from SoCal.

Arcadian
08-19-2014, 08:51 PM
It's not so much "crying" as "pointing out an ironic hypocrisy in the challenge."

DJR210
08-19-2014, 08:52 PM
Doubt it. Those parks lose a ton of water a day.

Urine from the guests?

Chinook
08-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Urine from the guests?

Interesting, but I doubt that too.

spurraider21
08-19-2014, 09:31 PM
So says the guy from SoCal.
:lol not bad

i just find it so petty. its a bucket of water, people acting like they're leaving sprinklers on 24/7 or something

apalisoc_9
08-19-2014, 09:31 PM
At the End of the day the OP donated a 1000....

People don't realize how important marketing is nowadys..

Sure you lost a bucket of water or whatever, but a good some got donated to a cause..

Funny how some idiots here complain when they probably have never donated for a charity

Chinook
08-19-2014, 09:36 PM

i just find it so petty. its a bucket of water, people acting like they're leaving sprinklers on 24/7 or something

I'm not a fan of the "Think about people in third-world countries," attitude. I was just responding to the poster who thinks water shortage is a myth or something that only inferior nations deal with.

spurraider21
08-19-2014, 09:47 PM
I'm not a fan of the "Think about people in third-world countries," attitude. I was just responding to the poster who thinks water shortage is a myth or something that only inferior nations deal with.
i wouldn't be one of those. i also think people are blowing it out of proportion

DMC
08-19-2014, 10:30 PM

And a lot of them are doing it where? Near water.

The water doesn't disappear. People dying of thirst are living in shithole countries in the desert. If there wasn't so much fucking liberal whining and crutches, the Earth would find a balance.

DMC
08-19-2014, 10:31 PM

This is one of the most retarded takes that's ever been posted on here and that's quite a feat.

spurraider21
08-19-2014, 10:50 PM
:lol people dumping a bucket of water is contributing to the lack of fresh water in developing nations :lol

Arcadian
08-19-2014, 11:49 PM
It's all bullshit, folks. It's bullshit and it's bad for ya.

jimbo
08-19-2014, 11:58 PM
Yeah I don't claim that the ALS ice bucket challenge is causing a water problem, but it just flies in the face of any solution.

I also don't think the ice thing is terrible and everyone who does it is a horrible person. :lol I can appreciate its purpose. But I would question many people's motivation for doing it - as a sort of social status check, an indication of being cool and socially aware, when really you're unaware of much bigger (although much less discussed) problems.

It's not flying in the face of shit. Independent events. Me pouring water on the ground has absolutely nothing to do with the water quality in Mexico.

I'm not so self absorbed that I actually give a shit about other people's motives for doing good deeds. I really don't care. People donating to ALS > People doing nothing per usual.

Tbh if you really wanted to help out the waterless Africans you'd bottle up your tears. Prolly supply water to a small village for a month man...

spurraider21
08-20-2014, 12:02 AM
:cry your old avatar

Malik Hairston
08-20-2014, 12:28 AM
It's not flying in the face of shit. Independent events. Me pouring water on the ground has absolutely nothing to do with the water quality in Mexico.

I'm not so self absorbed that I actually give a shit about other people's motives for doing good deeds. I really don't care. People donating to ALS > People doing nothing per usual.

Tbh if you really wanted to help out the waterless Africans you'd bottle up your tears. Prolly supply water to a small village for a month man...

:lol..

Chinook
08-20-2014, 02:05 AM

I had originally posted another Carlin water video. But this was the one I meant to post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKboodmEHTQ

m>s
08-20-2014, 05:36 PM
this stuff is only for n!gg3rs you're on a white nationalist board OP

spurraider21
08-21-2014, 01:08 AM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--4Sv_-K96--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/jguhorhvrhxjssydyz5j.gif

HI-FI
08-21-2014, 01:11 AM
they should get women to sign up for a Breast Cancer Awareness Bukakke challenge.

DMC
08-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Kobe started all this with the cold shower in Colorado. ALS my ass.

Venti Quattro
08-25-2014, 09:16 AM
It's getting kinda ridiculous. People are making ALS ice bucket challenge videos and nominating people and yet they're not even donating anything.

lefty
08-25-2014, 09:18 AM
It's getting kinda ridiculous. People are making ALS ice bucket challenge videos and nominating people and yet they're not even donating anything.
Another annoying trend , like fucking shitty hipster Movember, where nobody actualy helps

Venti Quattro
08-25-2014, 09:25 AM
Another annoying trend , like fucking shitty hipster Movember, where nobody actualy helps

And they're wasting potable water which could be given as aid to people in Africa.

:lmao the hypocrisy of this world

lefty
08-25-2014, 09:37 AM
And they're wasting potable water which could be given as aid to people in Africa.

:lol

100%duncan
08-25-2014, 10:18 AM

Well, celebs do donate though. What I hate is normal people on FB doing it, I mean if you're not going to donate you're not spreading the word either because everyone already knows about it. Makes the entire thing moot.

lefty
08-25-2014, 10:36 AM
Venti Quattro

:cry Sammy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w4Gqt-ljb4

Splits
08-25-2014, 10:41 AM
ByuY2oLmZJQ

Blizzardwizard
08-25-2014, 10:57 AM
It's spread to this country now....

And this is the result so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr8wiTsRdMU

spurraider21
08-25-2014, 11:07 PM

most people are using undrinkable chlorinated pool water tbh

Calispursfan11
08-26-2014, 06:24 AM
Gayness of viral fad has swallowed the fad's own main goal. People are now just dumping icewater on their heads and posting it to places like Spurstalk and Facebook cos they think it's cool like all the other mindless apes out there (Harlem, I'm talking to you. You're one of them).

Malik Hairston
08-26-2014, 08:44 AM
I have to say, although I was a supporter of the cause a week ago and earlier, it's kind of late now to be posting ice bucket challenges, tbh:lol..

Everybody is always late on trends, smh..

Venti Quattro
08-26-2014, 08:53 AM
I have to say, although I was a supporter of the cause a week ago and earlier, it's kind of late now to be posting ice bucket challenges, tbh:lol..

If you really did donate $1k to the ALSA then that's great, unlike a lot of people who do the ice bucket challenge without ever donating.

Killakobe81
08-26-2014, 08:59 AM

Good point. I turned it down when challenged. Im not going to hop on some trend ...
Cuban made a good point on he Ben & Skin show last week (local DFW radio show) .... he also refused they have raised over $50 millie for ALS ...what about the other charities? What is ALS gonna actually do with that much money? IS there that MANY projects for research treatment? It's pretty dumb to watch people jump on this social waves ... even if originally there was a good cause many are just doing it because it's hot right now ... people are sheep.

spurraider21
08-27-2014, 02:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfO8LR_VosI

Trill Clinton
08-27-2014, 07:42 AM
smh@ any person of color doing this silly challenge when this is a disease that rarely affects us. 93% of ALS victims are white. holla at me when we get a sickle cell challenge going. i'll save my fuccs and my money till thenhttp://i62.tinypic.com/2lkqp0p.gif

Malik Hairston
08-27-2014, 09:05 AM
smh@ any person of color doing this silly challenge when this is a disease that rarely affects us. 93% of ALS victims are white. holla at me when we get a sickle cell challenge going. i'll save my fuccs and my money till thenhttp://i62.tinypic.com/2lkqp0p.gif

September, homie..

The Gemini Method
08-27-2014, 12:22 PM
People harking on the waste of water but spend an extra 10-15 minutes of water wastage to stroke one out or make sure their hair is right. Pretty ironic if you ask me. I would, though, not harp or comment dividedly if more hot chicks did them with pasties or white t-shirts, no bra. There has been an increase of ALS in recent decades, so some research would be nice. Though we all know that cures are not in the best interests of pharmaceutical companies and hospitals in general. But I will still donate in good hopes that the American Cancer Society or any other organization will someday reverse that trend.

mudyez
08-27-2014, 01:04 PM
did it today, after my girlfriend challenged me...also donated money, which is the more important part anyway.

spurraider21
08-27-2014, 01:10 PM
smh@ any person of color doing this silly challenge when this is a disease that rarely affects us. 93% of ALS victims are white. holla at me when we get a sickle cell challenge going. i'll save my fuccs and my money till then
lol racist

and ud be retarded to fund sickle cell challenge... sickle cell saves more african lives than it takes by a WIDE margin

mudyez
08-27-2014, 02:19 PM
http://www.mimikama.at/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/als3.jpg