PDA

View Full Version : Devin Brown should be traded

marcus
08-22-2005, 02:24 PM
In the last 2 years the spurs had being getting stronger but also older and it should be nice to have some extra pick for the future.

Moreover, Brown plays the sg-sf position and for sg we have manu and barry and for sf bowen and possibly Robinson if he re-signs.

Brown is 26 years old and can still improve but not in the spurs. Besides we could get DerMarr Johnson this off-season that could come for the LLE if Robinson signs for the veteran minimum which can happen.

And there is something else, Brown will demand 2 millons at best.

For all that i say we should trade Brown to get some 1st pick for the future and maybe a second round pick also.

If we could get DerMarr we would also get younger and he could be a good project for later. And for the present there is no way Brown can be better than Robinson.

bigzak25
08-22-2005, 02:31 PM
teams ain't gonna pony up any major draft picks for a 2/3, granted with skills, but one that hasn't proven he can stay healthy.

re-sign robinson to solidify the sf position and this can be discussed further.

i don't want to lose devin though, he's my boy. he's a balla in the making dawg. :hat

Ginofan
08-22-2005, 02:32 PM
I thought he was a restricted free agent?

Kip Fanatic
08-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Notice no one has replied to this post. :lol

marcus
08-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Yeah, he is. That is why he can be traded in a sign and trade.

I think we can get a 1st round pick for him.

marcus
08-22-2005, 02:34 PM
Notice no one has replied to this post. :lol

I just posted it, lol.

Kip Fanatic
08-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Seriously, the idea of signing D-Johnson is a good one in my mind. He seems (key word) to have some upside. Trading D-Brown? It won't happen. He may get a good deal from some other team and the Spurs may not match. If that's the case the Spurs may decide to do a sign a trade, but I doubt it because they don't want a huge contract in return or someone they don't need.

marcus
08-22-2005, 02:41 PM
Seriously, the idea of signing D-Johnson is a good one in my mind. He seems (key word) to have some upside. Trading D-Brown? It won't happen. He may get a good deal from some other team and the Spurs may not match. If that's the case the Spurs may decide to do a sign a trade, but I doubt it because they don't want a huge contract in return or someone they don't need.

If they trade Brown to denver for example that wont happen as they are under the cap. Besides they can always get a trade exception although that would be harder.

ObiwanGinobili
08-22-2005, 03:04 PM
devin is a restricted free agent. you can't trade what you don't have, yet.

and i'm not gonna get into "trade devin" discussions. I'm not a hater, i'm a lover.

Kip Fanatic
08-22-2005, 03:22 PM
I don't hate Devin. I would love to see him play his whole career here. I was just addressing this post.

marcus
08-22-2005, 04:40 PM
devin is a restricted free agent. you can't trade what you don't have, yet.

and i'm not gonna get into "trade devin" discussions. I'm not a hater, i'm a lover.

We can do a sign and trade. As things are going later that should look as the best option.

Boo
08-22-2005, 05:30 PM
marcus please

marcus
08-22-2005, 07:18 PM
marcus please

?, you mean that Brown should stay in San Antonio?
I think right now he is pretty much overrated by some teams and we should try to use that in our favor.

Look his stats in the playoffs, he was almost a non factor and he was injured for quite a several amount of games. If Glenn Robinson would have been from day one with the spurs he could have probably absorbed all his minutes.

ChumpDumper
08-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Had Devin been healthy, there is a very good chance he would've been the first guard off the bench instead of Barry. If he is indeed healthy again, he is in no way being overrated by his suitors.

Dex
08-22-2005, 08:07 PM
?, you mean that Brown should stay in San Antonio?
I think right now he is pretty much overrated by some teams and we should try to use that in our favor.

Look his stats in the playoffs, he was almost a non factor and he was injured for quite a several amount of games. If Glenn Robinson would have been from day one with the spurs he could have probably absorbed all his minutes.

Um...yeah. Because his back was still a problem through the playoffs. Most official reports said it probably wouldn't heal until summer, which is why he only got spot minutes on the court and wasn't able to do much with them.

Go back to the 2004 Playoffs, when Brown was the only player on the court who seemed to give a fuck that we were handing it over to the Lakers, despite being a virtual rookie in the League.

You can't expect a player like Devin, who relies so much on his athleticism, to be himself through an injury like that. And yes, if that athleticism is REALLY gone, then you are right: He probably isn't much of a keeper. This remains to be seen, however.