PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Harden says he is the best basketball player alive

Indazone
08-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Harden says he is the best basketball player alive. Delusional :lolhttp://bleacherreport.com/articles/2168687-james-harden-believes-he-is-the-best-basketball-player-alive?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programmingScoop: Bottom line, you are on this team and a lot of players aren't, but in your mind, who is the best basketball player alive right now?Harden: Myself.Scoop: That's what I was about to say, "including you." You made that sound like it was an easy answer.Harden: It is. Myself.

Double-Up
08-19-2014, 06:23 PM
"Scoop: Do you come to practice every day with the mentality that, "OK, I need to show them that I'm the best player in here because I'm not going to really get a chance until maybe the Olympics or next year to prove to these guys that I am better than everyone else around me?"Harden: No, it's more team. I'm not really focused on me individually. They don't really care about individual talents on this team. They just want to make sure everyone has the same mindset. The one goal to win the world championship. I think that's what's on everyone's minds.
Scoop: Best time of your life right now?
Harden: Yeah. Definitely. I'm enjoying this. Still trying to catch guys like LeBron, KD and Kobe. You know, just trying to catch those guys. That's something I get to look forward to every single day to motivate me.
Scoop: That's your motivation? Still those guys? Because you know you can still serve them on the court every now and then.
Harden: Listen [long pause], until I get rings I can't say anything."

Indazone
08-19-2014, 06:26 PM
Too late...he said it. lol

Arcadian
08-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Out of context, I can't tell if he was just making some principled point about how "true competitors always view themselves as the best at what they do" etc.

DAF86
08-19-2014, 06:43 PM
I used to like Manu 0.2 but the whole "franchise player" label got to his head and he shows it not only on his offcourt behaviour but on the court too. He used to be an efficient pick and roll master that played team ball, now he just chucks lazy fadeaways from 20 feet after 18 seconds of meaningless dribling. I won't even talk about his historic lack of interest on playing defense.

Indazone
08-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Is James Harden the best basketball player alive?Yes9.1%

No90.9%

Total votes: 4,033