PDA

View Full Version : Next year will be Tiago's career year

Dverde
08-20-2014, 09:46 PM
I think Tiago is due for his career year...something like 14 pts per game, 8 rebounds per game.

cd021
08-20-2014, 10:21 PM
8 points 7 rebounds 52% 24 mpg

PingPong
08-20-2014, 10:48 PM
With high confidence, his numbers will be slight better than hitherto. Numbers? Who knows?

Russo21
08-21-2014, 12:34 AM
I think he is in for a career year also. But the Spurs system laughs at individual numbers. The team nor players give a shit. DPOY maybe?

Baam
08-21-2014, 12:58 AM
If anything Tiago will come off the bench lol.

DrunkTXLabrat
08-21-2014, 09:11 AM
i think he's going to the bench so Diaw can start. But i think he's going to kill backup bigs and relieve Timmy quite often. His pick and roll cut is usually money, his defense has improved a lot. If the Diaw start does goes down, i see Splitter as a legit sixth man of the year candidate.

It would be interesting to see what the rest of the hypothetical backup squad would be. Cojo(until Mills) Beli (until Manu) Anderson and Bonner/Daye. J Green and Baynes could get plenty spot minutes when Pop "dnp-old's" Timmy.

Ayers is looking a bit odd man out, imo. Sure would be nice to have Bertans or LJC to turn to in case Anderson has some growing pains or Bonner/Daye are slumpy. Cotton could sneak some minutes if Beli or Cojo is slumpy but Cojo would have to be a 2.

Fireball
08-21-2014, 09:23 AM
Just re-watched Game 1 of the Finals ... Splitter was really impressive in that game, especially at the start of the 4th quarter where he (thanks to Manus passing) held the Spurs in the game before the real onslaught began ... just love this guy. I do not care about him having a career year. Just hope he is not satisfied with one championship, stays healthy and continues to refine his game in all areas.

PingPong
08-21-2014, 10:25 AM
At the brazilian NT, splitter has a different role because their backcourt is shitty, Nene is old, as Varejao. I don't think Splitter has improved, he just has more freedom at the Brazilian NT. Speaking about brazilians, Rafael Hettsheimeir is hitting several three shots and is playing in Brazil for peanuts. He cant be worse than Ayers. Any thoughts?

PS: Brazil is playing Lithuania right now.

testies
08-21-2014, 11:27 AM
Splitter is beasting against Lithuania right now

Brazil up 48-38

Malice
08-21-2014, 12:22 PM
At the brazilian NT, splitter has a different role because their backcourt is shitty, Nene is old, as Varejao. I don't think Splitter has improved, he just has more freedom at the Brazilian NT. Speaking about brazilians, Rafael Hettsheimeir is hitting several three shots and is playing in Brazil for peanuts. He cant be worse than Ayers. Any thoughts?

PS: Brazil is playing Lithuania right now.

This. The dude has the green light to do whatever he wants there. His role is completely different on the NT. Don't be fooled by the numbers he's putting up over there is all I'm saying.

TheGreatYacht
08-21-2014, 01:35 PM
JaMychal Green is starting

PingPong
08-21-2014, 01:59 PM
JaMychal Green is starting

No way! The future HoFer Jeff Ayres will be the starter.

Brunodf
08-21-2014, 02:58 PM
For some reason brazilian NT dies in the 4th, they played even against USA for 3 quarters, then lost in the 4th, they also were up 17 against Lithuania, then lost in the 4th

testies
08-21-2014, 08:49 PM
For some reason brazilian NT dies in the 4th, they played even against USA for 3 quarters, then lost in the 4th, they also were up 17 against Lithuania, then lost in the 4th

brazilians aren't mentally tough in any sports

we only win when we have by far the best team like in the world cups we won or volleyball.. if its close in the clutch period, we lose always

Silver&Black
08-23-2014, 06:44 PM
I think Tiago is due for his career year...something like 14 pts per game, 8 rebounds per game.

If Tiago goes 14/8/55+FG%...go ahead and making/selling the back2back gear. I hope your right bth...