PDA

View Full Version : CNNSI's bowl predictions

samikeyp
08-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Rose: USC (BCS No. 1) vs. Ohio State (BCS No. 2)

Orange: Virginia Tech (BCS) vs. Tennessee (BCS)

Sugar: Florida (BCS) vs. Louisville (BCS)

Fiesta: Texas (BCS) vs. Iowa (BCS)

Capital One: Michigan (Big Ten No. 2) vs. Auburn (SEC No. 2)

Gator: Miami (ACC No. 2) vs. Notre Dame (Big East No. 2)

Outback: Purdue (Big Ten No. 3) vs. Alabama (SEC)

Cotton: Oklahoma (Big 12 No. 2) vs. LSU (SEC)

Liberty: UTEP (C-USA champ) vs. Clemson (at-large)

Houston: Iowa State (Big 12) vs. Maryland (ACC)

Meineke: Pittsburgh (Big East) vs. N.C. State (ACC)

Peach: Florida State (ACC No. 3) vs. Georgia (SEC)

Music City: Michigan State (Big Ten No. 6) vs. Arkansas (SEC)

Independence: Texas Tech (Big 12) vs. Georgia Tech (at-large)

Sun: Cal (Pac-10 No. 3) vs. Minnesota (Big Ten No. 5)

Holiday: Arizona State (Pac-10 No. 2) vs. Texas A&M (Big 12 No. 3)

Emerald: UCLA (Pac-10 No. 6) vs. Utah (MWC No. 2)

Alamo: Penn State (Big Ten No. 4) vs. Nebraska (Big 12 No. 4)

MPC Computers: Boise State (WAC) vs. Boston College (ACC)

Insight: Oregon (Pac-10 No. 4) vs. Rutgers (Big East)

Champs Sports: Virginia (ACC) vs. Missouri (Big 12 No. 7)

Motor City: Bowling Green (MAC No. 1 or 2) vs. West Virginia (at-large)

Hawaii: Memphis (C-USA No. 3) vs. Fresno State (WAC)

Fort Worth: Southern Miss (C-USA No. 4) vs. Kansas State (Big 12 No. 8)

Poinsettia: BYU (MWC) vs. Nevada (at-large)

Las Vegas: Washington State (Pac-10 No. 5) vs. Wyoming (MWC No. 1)

GMAC: UAB (C-USA No. 2) vs. Toledo (MAC)

New Orleans: North Texas (Sun Belt No. 1) vs. Tulane (C-USA)

N.Y. Johnny
08-22-2005, 10:16 PM
ohio state would have to beat texas on 9/10:lol

I think its the other way around

Texas has gotta go into one of the most difficult places in College Football and win a game against a good team.

this isn't goin to be a trip to Waco or Stillwater. The Horseshoe is one of the most toughest places to win and especially early on. If you believe Texas will cake walk and rout Ohio State you don't know yourself or Big Ten Football.

I think both teams National Title hopes lie in that outcome.

samikeyp
08-23-2005, 08:15 AM
I would agree...that game has national title implications and will not be easy by any stretch. Texas will have to be on top of their game to pull this one out but it can be done. It is ignorant to say Texas will walk in there and breeze to a win, it is equally ignorant to say that Ohio State will do the same.

N.Y. Johnny
08-23-2005, 05:58 PM
I would agree...that game has national title implications and will not be easy by any stretch. Texas will have to be on top of their game to pull this one out but it can be done. It is ignorant to say Texas will walk in there and breeze to a win, it is equally ignorant to say that Ohio State will do the same.

Your Right Mikey,

I've heard both sides of that..its stupid to think the game will go one way big time...Buckeye Fan should not think that Texas is gonna be an easy beat
nor should Texas believe the Buckeyes are a cupcake.

this will be a tough and very important game early on in the Season with National Title Implications.
this one and Miami vs Florida State early on a crucial to that bowl picture up there.

P.S. I'm a Notre Dame fan, and no way in hell is ND goin to be in that bowl

Horry For 3!
08-23-2005, 08:18 PM
I have liked Notre Dame as well. You could say I was happy when Julius Jones came to the Cowboys, I knew what he was capable of.

If Texas played Notre Dame though, i'd be going for Texas.

As for the Ohio State game, it will be a tough fought game. I just hope Texas comes out of it in victory.

mookie2001
08-24-2005, 12:38 PM
too bad ted ginn cant play every skill position

Jimcs50
08-24-2005, 02:04 PM
Cotton: Oklahoma (Big 12 No. 2) vs. LSU (SEC)

There is no way in hell that OU finishes 2nd in Big 12.

They will lose at least 3 conference games this year, maybe more.

scott
08-25-2005, 10:40 PM

Red River Shootout is the obvious choice for 1 conference loss... care to spell out the other 2?

Marcus Bryant
08-26-2005, 08:56 AM
Red River Shootout is the obvious choice for 1 conference loss... care to spell out the other 2?

I would say A&M, but the game's in Norman this season.

j-6
08-26-2005, 10:13 AM

I was thinking two, first UT and then either A&M at home or Tech in Lubbock.
Watch out for that UCLA game, too. It reminds me a lot of the OU-Bama series that the Sooners struggled in a few year back.

Even though UCLA isn't in the top 25, they're about as good as Cal, Oregon, or Arizona State. OU needs to go to Los Angeles (well, Pasadena) thinking about whipping that city's ass in reprisal for the USC game last year.

It'll be interesting to see people trying to stack the box against A-Pete when OU runs that spread offense. People, myself included, think that they'll struggle through the air just because White's finally gone and phenom Bomar couldn't step up and take the job.

N.Y. Johnny
08-26-2005, 10:17 AM
Oklahoma will lose to Texas, Chokelahoma State, and Baylor...yes Baylor! in the titantic upset of the century Baylor will defeat the sooners :lmao

samikeyp
08-26-2005, 10:19 AM
according to my spies embedded deep within Sooner Nation....Paul Thompson is going to be the opening day starter. If OU gets any consistency from the QB spot, they will be tough to beat.

j-6
08-26-2005, 10:24 AM
Oklahoma will lose to Texas, Chokelahoma State, and Baylor...yes Baylor! in the titantic upset of the century Baylor will defeat the sooners :lmao

If TCU is a 29 point dog in OU's opener, Vegas might give Baylor 45.

SWC Bonfire
08-26-2005, 10:29 AM
if notre dame wins 7 games they will get in a badass bowl game against a superior opponent, as usual

ohio state sucks; they sucked last year; there's no way they will beat texas
they are the nebraska of the...upper...midwest

Yes, but Texas will get a lot of play from defeating a great name if not a great team, especially from those who are unfamiliar with the Big 10.

j-6
08-26-2005, 10:45 AM
Yes, but Texas will get a lot of play from defeating a great name if not a great team, especially from those who are unfamiliar with the Big 10.

Well, the so-called professionals that did these predictions at SI think Ohio State is the balls. BCS #2 and a date with the Trojans.

(Personally, I think Michigan and Iowa are both better than the Bucks.)

Willinsa
08-26-2005, 05:49 PM
Normally Ohio St struggles when they play non-conference teams at home, last year they struggled when they played Marshall, and Cincinnati. In 03 they almost lost to San Diego St and Bowling Green at home. So we will see what happens.

jochhejaam
08-26-2005, 10:40 PM
From Ohio and love the Buckeyes. Last poll I saw had Texas ranked 2 and Ohio State ranked 6 so I'm surprised that we we're picked to be in the Big Bowl. I don't talk a lot of smack so I'm not going to make a prediction but I hope we can do what that team up north couldn't do in last years bowl game with Texas. Should be a great game.

GO BUCKS

2centsworth
08-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Normally Ohio St struggles when they play non-conference teams at home, last year they struggled when they played Marshall, and Cincinnati. In 03 they almost lost to San Diego St and Bowling Green at home. So we will see what happens.
Looks like they struggle against scrub teams. I saw Ohio State at the end of last year and they looked like they could have beaten any team.

Mack's track record in these type of games is great, plus UT doesn't have any receivers or proven Rb's. Look for Ohio State to win that game but in a close one because UT still has momentum from last year.

Horry For 3!
08-28-2005, 05:25 AM
Fiesta :td I think Texas will be in a better bowl than that.

N.Y. Johnny
08-28-2005, 10:27 PM
that Music City bowl is the only one that counts up there..fuck the BCS :lmao

The Gallery Furniture Houston Bowl? you gotta be kidding me

what happened to the Poulan Weedeater Bowl they should have never done away with that....also another great bowl was theJohn HanCock Bowl

scott
08-31-2005, 08:44 PM
Fiesta :td I think Texas will be in a better bowl than that.

There is only one possible bowl the Horns could play in that woul be "better" and that would be the Rose for the national title.

Jimcs50
09-01-2005, 03:45 PM

Texas A&M and Texas Tech are for sure.

They will also lose at least one North game.

Jimcs50
09-03-2005, 04:59 PM

:smokin

KewlKat00
09-04-2005, 06:51 PM
usc plays... i think 20, 23, and 24

the rest unranked

think of if texas was in the pac 10

obviously the rankings dont mean much at this point. see ou, a&m, and auburn.

Jimcs50
09-17-2005, 08:06 PM

Do I know my college football or what?

OU has 2 losses already and they will have a lot more to come. :smokin

samikeyp
09-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Damn...Jimbo does it again.

Brutalis
09-19-2005, 09:58 PM
Music City: Michigan State (Big Ten No. 6) vs. Arkansas (SEC)

Uh oh.

word
09-24-2005, 11:44 PM
Boy these picks have been blown all to hell.