PDA

View Full Version : embarrassing confession, apalisoc_9 doesn't know how to drive a manual. How long...

apalisoc_9
08-22-2014, 06:31 PM
Would it take to learn how to?

How long would it take to start driving comfortably with a manual?

Franklin
08-22-2014, 06:36 PM
I don't know how to drive an auto-switch tbh. You need to know how the mechanism works to drive a manual well, but I don't know how an auto-switch works cuz shit's too complex.

ChumpDumper
08-22-2014, 06:38 PM

How long would it take to start driving comfortably with a manual?Couple/three days if you're a good driver in the first place.

Never if you use both feet driving an automatic.

Franklin
08-22-2014, 06:49 PM
^ true :lol

cantthinkofanything
08-22-2014, 06:53 PM
Couple/three days if you're a good driver in the first place.

Never if you use both feet driving an automatic.

fuck that...right foot on gas, left on clutch...right hand with my AK, left with mah gat...steerin' with my knees, not givin' a fuck...layin bullets down while gettin a bump

z0sa
08-22-2014, 07:20 PM
A few hours til youre driving. Days or weeks before youre "over" dying on takeoff in awkward places. Months before youre comfortable stopping and starting in traffic and/or on slopes. A year or so before you stop grinding gears completely and know when and where to shift to/from neutral. This is assuming youve never driven standard and only drive an average amount.

The Reckoning
08-22-2014, 07:26 PM
just drive all day in a parking lot then hit the back roads next day. never take it out to stop lights unless you're already a pro. you don't want to be that guy who stalls in the intersection.

SnakeBoy
08-22-2014, 07:26 PM

How long would it take to start driving comfortably with a manual?

Took me a day when I first bought a manual. Could take 2 days if it's a tricky clutch.

HI-FI
08-22-2014, 08:24 PM
i got it on the first day, but i have good hand/eye coordination. i prefer manuals, my newest car has one. only time I don't like it is in rush hour, where the constant back and forth chafes my scrotum tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
08-22-2014, 08:52 PM
i expected all those years of jerking another mans dick, u should be able to adjust to shifting a gear knob

TE
08-22-2014, 11:02 PM
I learned how to drive first on a manual. My dad let me drive the car around the neighborhood then decided to push me into the deep by driving on the highway in heavy traffic. It's not that bad.

SnakeBoy
08-22-2014, 11:14 PM
I asked my wife and she said it took her a day or so also.

It's really not hard and nothing to be nervous about. You'll kill it a few times but then you'll get the hang of it.

Franklin
08-23-2014, 02:44 AM
Manual-switched cars are for the real drivers to drive imho, while auto-transmission ones are for housewives.

Venti Quattro
08-23-2014, 07:54 AM
i expected all those years of jerking another mans dick, u should be able to adjust to shifting a gear knob
:lmao :lmao the goods

If you don't know how to drive a M/T vehicle then you might as well grow a vagina.

silverblk mystix
08-23-2014, 03:13 PM
:lmao :lmao the goods

If you don't know how to drive a M/T vehicle then you might as well grow a vagina.

This.

Turn in your fuckin man card right now.

No self respecting man drives an automatic.

Avante
08-23-2014, 03:17 PM
You will start fucking up the amount of gas given vs taking your foot off the clutch, you'll...lurch and die, lurch and die, lurch and die. Then you'll....finally....nail it. After a few months you'll look back on that aspect of this and grin.

silverblk mystix
08-23-2014, 03:23 PM
You will start fucking up the amount of gas given vs taking your foot off the clutch, you'll...lurch and die, lurch and die, lurch and die. Then you'll....finally....nail it. After a few months you'll look back on that aspect of this and grin.

(only then might he feel like a real man!)

:lmao:lmao

spurraider21
08-23-2014, 03:33 PM
Start with a beat up car tbh. First time I tried a manual was when a relative insisted I take out his Z06 even though I told him I can't. Not only had I never driven a stick but that car was a monster to handle. Felt so shitty stalling it so many times

apalisoc_9
08-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Start with a beat up car tbh. First time I tried a manual was when a relative insisted I take out his Z06 even though I told him I can't. Not only had I never driven a stick but that car was a monster to handle. Felt so shitty stalling it so many times

Hmm..Not sure where I can get a hold of a beat up car tbh..

Most of my friends drive an automatic and the few that do drive manuals drive decent cars...

spurraider21
08-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Hmm..Not sure where I can get a hold of a beat up car tbh..

Most of my friends drive an automatic and the few that do drive manuals drive decent cars...
You just have to go into it knowing ull stall a few times and burn the clutch a bit. As long as you have that expectation going in ur in good shape. Driving in traffic will be a sea at first but becomes second nature with time

DAF86
08-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Driving automatics is boring, tbh.

Buddy Mignon
08-23-2014, 04:50 PM
The first car I stole was a manual. Never had driven one until that day.

Venti Quattro
08-23-2014, 04:53 PM

:lol admitting to a felony on an internet message board

But you're a guy as you say, so whatever floats your boat...

Franklin
08-23-2014, 07:12 PM
I thought your grandma's SUV was an automatic tbh. Now I can only admire you even more.

apalisoc_9
08-24-2014, 01:35 PM
I thought your grandma's SUV was an automatic tbh. Now I can only admire you even more.

:lmao

Aztecfan03
08-24-2014, 09:46 PM
I can't really either. My mom drives auto and my dad passed when i was an early teen so i just learned a little one summer from my brother. I never had enough time to get comfortable. I did drive it once by myself about 5 miles to drop him off once. And I live in California so its not very flat.

it's me
08-25-2014, 04:55 PM
Driving automatics is boring, tbh.

If stuck in 105 (LA) or I10 (Houston) at rush hour, you'd be begging for an automatic ride.

Jacob1983
08-25-2014, 05:05 PM
I've never understood why some guys get hard over driving manual transmissions. Why do you want to do more work while you are driving?

DAF86
08-25-2014, 07:34 PM
I've never understood why some guys get hard over driving manual transmissions. Why do you want to do more work while you are driving?

lol more work

When you're used to it it's almost automatic and like I said above, way more fun.

silverblk mystix
08-25-2014, 07:39 PM

It isn't more work. It means that you are driving the car as opposed to the car driving you.

It is a zen thing when you are rowing through the gears and you are controlling every aspect of the car.

Buddy Mignon
08-25-2014, 08:09 PM
It isn't more work. It means that you are driving the car as opposed to the car driving you.

It is a zen thing when you are rowing through the gears and you are controlling every aspect of the car.

I bet you put more effort into this than sex... I bet you do.

Buddy Mignon
08-25-2014, 08:11 PM
:lol admitting to a felony on an internet message board

But you're a guy as you say, so whatever floats your boat...

Joy riding was a hobby. I thought all teenagers stole cars. I tore those fucking gears up.