PDA

View Full Version : GOVERMENT, AN CONGRESS SOMETHING WRONG WITH OUR SYSTEM IT PUNISH THE WORKERR

TILDEN
08-24-2014, 05:54 PM
Why does congress an govt. punish the working people of america. while all others get help here i worked 30 yrs putting in system while other dont work an can work but live in hud homes. get there rent paid get food stamps. an no telling what else they get an i live on a fix income. an why doesnt congrees live under obama care or live on medium wage like our American worker there is something wrong with our system it punishes our worker THANKS 13

boutons_deux
08-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Why does congress an govt. punish the working people of america. while all others get help here i worked 30 yrs putting in system while other dont work an can work but live in hud homes. get there rent paid get food stamps. an no telling what else they get an i live on a fix income. an why doesnt congrees live under obama care or live on medium wage like our American worker there is something wrong with our system it punishes our worker THANKS 13

less money for employees, more money for mgmt, owners, investors. aka, the 40-year war on employees

The 1% LOVES the current, unending shitty labor market because there's no upward pressure on employee compensation, and they are pushing hard for expanding H1b visas so they can bring in cheap Indian, etc educated, certified employees.

When Repugs had control, they disqualified 100Ks of employees from overtime by upgrading them to supervisors.

Repugs block ALL attempts to raise the minimum wage, while some of the ugliest, most sociopathic Repugs want to abolish it completely, along with abolishing child labor laws.

We'll see if Obama does this to help employees:

How Obama could help 6.1 million workers with a stroke of his pen

there’s a simple cutoff — regardless of what you do for a living and what your exact responsibilities are, if you’re a salaried employee making less than $455 per week (or $23,660 for someone who works year-round), then you’re automatically covered.

The problem is that this cutoff isn’t tied to the cost of living, and since 1975 it has only been increased once. That was in 2004, when a person making just $5.15 per hour could be considered a manager or skilled professional.

(And, as economists Ross Eisenbrey and Jared Bernstein pointed out in a paper (http://www.epi.org/publication/inflation-adjusted-salary-test-bring-needed/) released by the Economic Policy Institute (EPI) in March, that one adjustment,

under George W. Bush, included other changes that “led to more confusion and ambiguity, and, even worse, to the unjustified exemption of salaried workers who, under the spirit of the law, should be covered.”) As always, thanks, Repugs!

If the $455 cutoff had kept pace with inflation since 1975, it would now be $984 per week — more than twice what it is today.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/23/how-obama-could-help-6-1-million-workers-with-a-stroke-of-his-pen/

SnakeBoy
08-24-2014, 08:47 PM
What does the 13 thing mean?

"Thanks13"
"13rlh13"

???

m>s
08-24-2014, 08:50 PM
lelelelelelelelelel

Winehole23
08-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Why does congress an govt. punish the working people of america. while all others get help here i worked 30 yrs putting in system while other dont work an can work but live in hud homes. get there rent paid get food stamps. an no telling what else they get an i live on a fix income. an why doesnt congrees live under obama care or live on medium wage like our American worker there is something wrong with our system it punishes our worker THANKS 13think I'm gonna quit my job, git one of them free hud homes, and sit around all day, complaining online about how hard it is for the working man in America.

TeyshaBlue
08-25-2014, 10:57 AM
ESL forum

Winehole23
08-25-2014, 10:59 AM
everybone starts somewhere short of immersion and fluency. you jump in and start swimmin.

Winehole23
08-25-2014, 11:01 AM
TILDEN seems more the fake illiterate than the real one, to me. jmo.

Winehole23
08-25-2014, 11:04 AM
I was annoyed by the all caps subject line, but the poster was new.

Winehole23
08-25-2014, 11:06 AM
(drinks coffee)

TILDEN
08-25-2014, 11:34 PM
WHOLE GET OVER IT .i never said i was perfect/ i think i do o k for big half blind an beaning disable.

Winehole23
08-26-2014, 11:37 AM
please pardon me, TILDEN. of course I had no idea who you are.

you're obviously not illiterate. I'm sorry i said that.

boutons_deux
08-26-2014, 04:04 PM
America, say goodbye to the Era of Big Work

For much of the past century, the Era of Big Work — the 40-hour workweek and its employer-provided benefits — were the foundation of our economy. That was then. Now, independent work is the new normal.

Freelancers, independent contractors and temp workers are on their way to making up the majority of the U.S. labor force. They number 42 million, or one-third of all workers in the nation. That figure is expected to rise to 40% — some 60 million people — by the end of the decade.

Millennials tend to value experiences more than things.-

A number of factors both economic and cultural are causing the independent workforce to swell. Technological advances and globalization have greatly contributed to the erosion of traditional work arrangements. The private sector's need for speed and adaptability is increasingly incompatible with maintaining a large, full-time workforce. And of course, the Great Recession has put to rest the notion that there is such a thing as a stable full-time job.

It's true that many have been forced into this brave new world of freelance work by external factors. But many are getting into it by choice because independent work aligns with a paradigm shift in values that is happening both at work and in the marketplace.

Nearly 9 in 10 workers affiliated with Freelancers Union, a 250,000-member nonprofit, say they wouldn't return to traditional work if they had the choice. This sentiment is especially true for millennials, who will make up 75% of the workforce by 2025 — and who work and consume differently than generations before them.

Success during the Era of Big Work meant promotions, benefits packages and pensions. Americans went to work at 9 a.m. and left at 5 p.m. — OK, let's be honest, 6 or 7 p.m. — primarily for the material rewards that flowed from such employment: a new car, robust benefits, a three-bedroom house and two weeks of paid vacation.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-horowitz-work-freelancers-20140826-story.html

aka, "the gig economy", sporadic work, unpredictable income, no benefits, no paid sick time, no paid vacation time. Some thrive, I bet many simply don't make it at all.

TILDEN
08-31-2014, 01:34 AM
who cares if iam or not u know what i was trying to then dony read my posts