PDA

View Full Version : Richard Attenborough, best known for the owner of Jurassic Park role has passed

Thebesteva
08-24-2014, 07:09 PM
RIP Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPoYzyOn44M

Lord Richard Attenborough -- the English actor who made dinosaurs come to life in "Jurassic Park" -- has died after years of poor health.

Attenborough was one of England's leading actors ... but was also a director and producer. He's probably best known for "Jurassic Park" ... but also starred as Santa Claus in the remake of "Miracle On 34th Street"

His 70-year career also included "The Great Escape" with Steve McQueen ... and he directed "Gandhi" -- which won 8 Oscars.

Attenborough's son told the BBC his father died Sunday at lunchtime -- he'd been living in a nursing home with his wife for the past few years.

Attenborough was 90.

Reck
08-24-2014, 07:49 PM
90 Years not enough on this earth?

Thebesteva
08-24-2014, 07:50 PM
90 Years not enough on this earth?

Hopefully yours ends much shorter than his for the sake of humanity tbh

Fpoonsie
08-24-2014, 07:53 PM
Holy shit. I thought this was about that Planet Earth guy at first.

Blizzardwizard
08-24-2014, 07:55 PM
Both Attenboroughs are known as royalty in England, and Richard shall be sadly missed.

Reck
08-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Hopefully yours ends much shorter than his for the sake of humanity tbh

Such badassery.

Keep holding it down eva, you'll get the aproval you've been seeking ever since you joined here. Maybe if you make another Kobe bash thread you'll finally be accepted. :cry

Thebesteva
08-24-2014, 08:17 PM
Such badassery.

Keep holding it down eva, you'll get the aproval you've been seeking ever since you joined here. Maybe if you make another Kobe bash thread you'll finally be accepted. :cry

Why, what a nice young man. Come here and let me give you a pinch

http://cdn.madamenoire.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/tumblr_mc1topRAja1qjnvi6o1_500.gif

HI-FI
08-24-2014, 09:01 PM
he had a pretty good life all things considered, lot of great gigs as director and actor. RIP.

xmas1997
08-24-2014, 10:08 PM
I think he was best known for The Great Escape, or Miracle On 34th Street, not Jurassic Park tbqh.

Thebesteva
08-24-2014, 10:43 PM
I think he was best known for The Great Escape, or Miracle On 34th Street, not Jurassic Park tbqh.

NY and Chicago papers report it as such:

Richard Attenborough Dies At 90, Actor-Director Well Known For 'Jurassic Park' And 'Gandhi'

Jacob1983
08-25-2014, 03:48 AM
RIP

I read something about him losing a daughter an granddaughter in the 2004 Thailand tsunami. So sad.

He was a great Santa.

z0sa
08-25-2014, 02:27 PM
RIP

boutons_deux
08-25-2014, 02:39 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=images+of+richard+attenborough&rlz=1C1LENP_enUS567US570&espv=2&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=i5D7U8r0LeXC8gGx6IHIBg&ved=0CB0QsAQ&biw=1920&bih=971

Thread
08-25-2014, 07:12 PM
I think he was best known for The Great Escape

Yep. "X" in GE. After the escape he's pursued thru a small village and just when he thinks he's outsmarted the Gestapo he turns and finds them right there. The look on his face then is worth the "price of admission" to this film. Later, he's massacred by SS troops on orders direct from Hitler. As the truck he is being transported in is diverted from the main road he is at once alarmed, but, as he and his fellow escapees are taken from the trucks "to stretch their legs" he comments to his Number 1 that "You know I've never been happier." He realizes that Germany's defeat is now imminent and he will see England and he will see Hitler driven before him.

He also got the "glue" part in the original "Flight of the Phoenix" as the fulcrum twixt Jimmy Sterwart and the much underrated Hardy Kruger, a fine actor who is building an airplane to fly them out of the deserts. Nobody is aware that Kruger's character is only a model airplane designer by profession and a German one at that. The year is 1965, but, the wounds of 20 years earlier burn white hot for Stewart and for Kruger. Attenborough is quite effective as he drives the story and drama between these two mighty men.

Sir