PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Who is the better shooter: kawhi or klay Thompson?

SpurSwag
08-25-2014, 06:48 PM
Conversation in another thread had everyone shitting on me for saying klay was a better shooter, and I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but I wanna see what everyone thinks. I definitely think kawhi is a better player, but I feel like klay is just much more of a threat with his shot. Thoughts?

LkrFan
08-25-2014, 06:58 PM
Pity post. SMH

SpurSwag
08-25-2014, 06:59 PM
Pity post. SMH

is the answer klay? I really am curious and not trolling in any way.

Red Hawk #21
08-25-2014, 07:04 PM
You can't be serious.

SpurSwag
08-25-2014, 07:05 PM
Can someone please just answer the thread, I got shit on in the USAB thread for saying klay was better, which I thought was pretty common sense

Spurs 4 The Win
08-25-2014, 07:40 PM
no poll? wtf

Buddy Mignon
08-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Can someone please just answer the thread, I got shit on in the USAB thread for saying klay was better, which I thought was pretty common sense

You deserve to get shat on, you faggot. Go run out in traffic.

JohnnyMax
08-25-2014, 07:45 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2014.html#all_leaders

Klay was second to Steph Curry in 3-Pt Field Goals made

SpurSwag
08-25-2014, 07:48 PM
You deserve to get shat on, you faggot. Go run out in traffic.

Arent you like 60 years old lmao go do something with your life and get off this Internet forum

SpurSwag
08-25-2014, 07:49 PM
I really wasn't trolling at all with this thread though, I made it because in another thread it wasn't as obvious that klay was a better shooter, so I wanted to see what everyone thought. Not really sure why that was recieved so badly...

LkrFan
08-25-2014, 07:52 PM
You can't be serious.

She is! :lmao

SpurSwag
08-25-2014, 07:52 PM
no poll? wtf

I would have added the poll but I don't really know how, I don't post that often

SpurSwag
08-25-2014, 08:14 PM
1) Let's see if you are smarter than Clipper Nation (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=28500) ole sweet and sour chicken eating ass. Click Link: http://www.quizrocket.com/dumb-quiz
2) Post your results (no cheating dickhead)
3) If you get less than 6 wrong, I'll take this dumbass thread seriously :downspin:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238604&page=2&p=7566507#post7566507

I thought it was just as stupid as everyone here does, but when I was the only one to call it out, I thought maybe people actually thought kawhi was the better shooter.

100%duncan
08-25-2014, 08:28 PM
By the eye-test, Klay is the better shooter imho. But he's not in Whi's level overall.

Red Hawk #21
08-25-2014, 08:48 PM
By the eye-test, Klay is the better shooter imho. But he's not in Whi's level overall.

http://i57.tinypic.com/20z4lch.gif

jARS mEsH sEt
08-25-2014, 08:52 PM
When the hell did this become a matter of opinion? The raw stats are available on basketball reference. That's all you need. As a first pass you look at FG%, 3P%, or eFG% if you want to normalize for both. Then you look at FGA and 3PA because a 39% 3 point shooter who took 1000 3-pointers is far more impressive than a 41% 3 point shooter who took 20 3-pointers. How much more impressive? That's arbitrary and up to the individual to decide.

monosylab1k
08-25-2014, 09:24 PM
SpursTalk sucks.

apalisoc_9
08-25-2014, 09:35 PM
Regular Season Career Field Goal %
kawhi Leonard FG% by distance

0-3
3-10
10-16
16 <3
3P

Klay Thompson FG% by distance

Only thing Klay thompson is better at shooting is 3pointers. everything else Kawhi is a better shooter

Come playoffs

Kawhi Leonard

0-3
3-10
10-16
16 <3
3P

Klay Thompson

Kawhi Leonard > Klay Thompson in shooting

Shooting is one thing where you can absolutely rely on stats. You need to actually..

Also, 50% of Kawhi's shots are assisted..Which shows that he's more of an ISO guy if anything.

Stats say you're full of bullshit..

You can't eye test shootinig...It's whoever shoots better with better percentage..That's the better shooter..

monosylab1k
08-25-2014, 09:51 PM
Shooting is one thing where you can absolutely rely on stats. You need to actually..

Also, 50% of Kawhi's shots are assisted..Which shows that he's more of an ISO guy if anything.

Stats say you're full of bullshit..

You can't eye test shootinig...It's whoever shoots better with better percentage..That's the better shooter..

This is the dumbest thing ever written on SpursTalk.

monosylab1k
08-25-2014, 09:55 PM
Pure shooting Klay is so much better it's ridiculous. Klay is less disciplined with his shot selection and plays in a system which encourages impulsive shooting, versus Kawhi playing in a system which strongly discourages it. That's what puts Kawhi's numbers in Klay's ballpark.

Put the two of them in a 3 point shooting competition and Klay would take a hot runny diarrhea shit all over Kawhi.

Franklin
08-25-2014, 10:03 PM
Klay is the better shooter without doubt. Actually for most white players who're 6'6 or under, they have to develop solid shooting skills to survive in NBA because they don't have many other options at the offensive end. They can't jump so they can't play monkeyball like nigga guards do, and they don't have the size to play at low post.

apalisoc_9
08-25-2014, 10:23 PM
Part of of shooters job is taking good shots. It's pretty dumb to simplify shooting to just the jump and release..

Again with System BS..

Only 50% of Kawhi's points are assisted..

more than 50% of Both Kawhi and Klay's three pointers are assisted..

Thebesteva
08-25-2014, 10:24 PM
Officer Darren Wilson

spurraider21
08-25-2014, 10:33 PM
Pure shooting Klay is so much better it's ridiculous. Klay is less disciplined with his shot selection and plays in a system which encourages impulsive shooting, versus Kawhi playing in a system which strongly discourages it. That's what puts Kawhi's numbers in Klay's ballpark.

Put the two of them in a 3 point shooting competition and Klay would take a hot runny diarrhea shit all over Kawhi.
agreed

scanry
08-26-2014, 12:02 AM
Klay is arguably the best shooter in the NBA (some could argue for Curry). Reddick, Green and Allen are more of spot up shooters.

hyhy
08-26-2014, 12:25 AM
eyes test is the dumbest shit ever. Just because you watch more highlights of Klay's 3 pointers going in and because he actually made more shots than kawhi (at a lower %), along with the media hype of the splash bros, thats why everyone thinks Klay's shooting is better.

stats dun lie. Thats what they are there for. We only see shots going in, and dun realise that Klay actually misses much more than Kawhi.

Spurs 4 The Win
08-26-2014, 12:28 AM

Okay, I'll play, so lets say he is a better pure shooter,he can make more 3's than Kawhi with nobody on him and hit more circus shots. What does that actually count for if you turn into Kobrick during a game, volume shooting as a "pure" shooter does nothing to help your team if you are still shooting at a low %. And Kawhi had less assisted points, meaning that when it was crunchtime, he was ready. I dont know how you can fault Kawhi for shooting well (a lot of the threes he makes are contested) when you will see Klay miss most of his, he hits most of his 3's on dishes from Curry where he is wide open

Spurs 4 The Win
08-26-2014, 12:29 AM
eyes test is the dumbest shit ever. Just because you watch more highlights of Klay's 3 pointers going in and because he actually made more shots than kawhi (at a lower %), along with the media hype of the splash bros, thats why everyone thinks Klay's shooting is better.

stats dun lie. Thats what they are there for. We only see shots going in, and dun realise that Klay actually misses much more than Kawhi.

There is no such thing as the eye test, it is the BSPN hype test that they are falling for lol. Dumbasses

hyhy
08-26-2014, 12:46 AM
Exactly. Its just a media hype. I pointed out the curry dishes in the other thread too.

AND put marco belineli and Steph curry in a 3 point shooting contest and who wins?
exactly. Eye tests are bullshits

100%duncan
08-26-2014, 12:53 AM
http://i57.tinypic.com/20z4lch.gif

Im too lazy to look at stats tbh. Ive noticed youve been butthurt bout my takes and kawhi lately tbh posting but not joining in on the actual discussion though.

Cue the wtf are u guys drinking retort.

100%duncan
08-26-2014, 12:55 AM
You fucks are really overrating kawhi in this thread.

Chinook
08-26-2014, 01:04 AM
I'm just glad Kawhi has become a decent shooter. That was no certain thinf coming out of school. He takes better shots than Klay, which is important. But he's not a better shooter. In fact, Kawhi is still the worst-shooting wing on the Spurs.

TDMVPDPOY
08-26-2014, 01:42 AM
You fucks are really overrating kawhi in this thread.

better then the shit upstairs asslicking a coatrider like he contirbuted to anything let alone debating him vs cp0

HI-FI
08-26-2014, 01:50 AM
better then the shit upstairs asslicking a coatrider like he contirbuted to anything let alone debating him vs cp0
funny how Spurs were able to get over the hump when Enrique was awol. basketball gods did us a favor, they knew the suffering was too great after 6.

spurraider21
08-26-2014, 02:21 AM
i have a good feeling that Tony is responsible for the divorce of tdmvpdpoy's parents

he brought great dishonor tbh

apalisoc_9
08-26-2014, 02:36 AM
I'm just glad Kawhi has become a decent shooter. That was no certain thinf coming out of school. He takes better shots than Klay, which is important. But he's not a better shooter. In fact, Kawhi is still the worst-shooting wing on the Spurs.

I think this is where people tend to sway away from each other in terms of opinion. I personally believe shot selection is part of shooting..Why shouldn't it be?

If kawhi is better at that which allows him to have better percentages, he should be considered a better shooter...

A patient sniper that waits for it's enemy, and waits for the better opportunity is a better sniper than someone that shakes less with his gun, but is impatient in terms of waiting for his prey/enemy.

ElNono
08-26-2014, 02:47 AM
The full gamut of shot options isn't always there for the shooter though... On a shitty system, your shot options might be hard, harder and circus. On a good system, you can get all of those, plus wide open, open and semi-contested.

Since we play with a 24 seconds shot clock, you can't always wait for the great shot option to be there.

It will be interesting to see how Kerr's coaching and system affects the overall shooting numbers for guys like Klay and Curry...

FkLA
08-26-2014, 02:51 AM
I think its obvious Thompson has more range and is a more lethal three-point shooter.

Mid to close range though I'd actually take Kawhi.

unforeseen
08-26-2014, 03:32 AM
Klay ThompsonPERIOD

unforeseen
08-26-2014, 03:34 AM
That faggot from down under is just pissed that his boy Patty is sloppy seconds when compared to TP.

i have a good feeling that Tony is responsible for the divorce of tdmvpdpoy's parents

he brought great dishonor tbh

LkrFan
08-26-2014, 05:40 AM
SpursTalk sucks.

:lmao

Phillip
08-26-2014, 01:15 PM
rofl should we not have expected anything else from gnsf? anyone who has been here for any amount of time knew exactly where this thread was going :lmao :lmao

posters want to say that kool, 21 blessings and lakaluva ruined spurstalk, when in fact it is gnsf.

Clipper Nation
08-26-2014, 01:17 PM
funny how Spurs were able to get over the hump when Enrique was awol. basketball gods did us a favor, they knew the suffering was too great after 6.
Spurs are better without the coatrider EnriquePERIOD

Dex
08-26-2014, 01:19 PM
http://images.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/catgif12.gif

ambchang
08-27-2014, 07:39 AM
After 5, every single spurs player is better than everybody else.

I am waitng for threads like:
1. Is patty mills a better player than Stephen curry (1 ring vs no WCF)?
2. Is Matt bonner the best shooting big man of all time?
3. Is ginobili > Larry bird?
4. Is Danny Green > George gervin?
5. Who's better, David Robinson or Tiago Splitter?

FkLA
08-28-2014, 10:51 AM
rofl should we not have expected anything else from gnsf? anyone who has been here for any amount of time knew exactly where this thread was going :lmao :lmao

posters want to say that kool, 21 blessings and lakaluva ruined spurstalk, when in fact it is gnsf.

remember det time you said kawhi was a shane battier/tony allen type of player? youve nary room, 'llip.

urunobili
08-28-2014, 11:48 AM
Parsons>Kawhi?

Phillip
08-28-2014, 02:53 PM
remember det time you said kawhi was a shane battier/tony allen type of player? youve nary room, 'llip.

okay. let me amend it. he is shane batter/tony allen type player, but with better ball handling. far from a superstar type player as some (probably including yourself) think.

egtonecity
09-06-2014, 12:16 AM
SpurSwag, I read the usab thread and then followed it up with this one... I felt bad for ya that they were ganging up on ya and being so damn wrong. One moron backing up another moron and jerking each other off like they were right because they all have shit takes. Prolly felt like some twilightzone shit for ya.

Klay Thompson is easily the better shooter. Anybody with eyeballs and not holding kawhis penis could tell you that. Lol at the awful analogies of snipers and getting buckets off assists. " but but but kawhis buckets are only assisted half the time, :cry:cry" like if kawhi don't be gettin put backs and transition buckets off steals and what not. Klay Thompson is an actual shooter, run off screens for looks and shit. Kawhi gets his in a variety of ways. Ima huge kawhi fan. But dudes game is still a little raw. His jumper is effective but ain't the prettiest. Handles could get better. He does a lot of things well like defense, rebounding, "intangibles"... Him and DG are really good wing rebounders. The percentage comparisons ain't really apples to apples. Kawhi is a really good basketball player, KThompson is an elite shooter.

Jenks
09-06-2014, 11:34 PM
Ok now that that is settled, Kawhi or Reggie Miller?

TDMVPDPOY
09-07-2014, 02:41 AM
there is a highlight reel of the finals all of kawhis baskets made

if u watch it, u see a overrated nigga he torches in the series

i think kawhi has held his own against the quitter ever since he was in the league and h2h matchups...

Infinite_limit
09-07-2014, 03:11 AM
If Kawhi had Klay's jump shot & offensive confidence, he would be on his way to being the next Scottie Pippen

TDMVPDPOY
09-07-2014, 03:24 AM
If Kawhi had Klay's jump shot & offensive confidence, he would be on his way to being the next Scottie Pippen

his already miles ahead of klay who cant hit a shit with a hand in his face

Infinite_limit
09-07-2014, 03:29 AM
his already miles ahead of klay who cant hit a shit with a hand in his face
http://www.kateelife.com/kateefolder/kateelife-gif-bounce-boobs-brown-sweater-katee-owen-radar-love.gif

hater
09-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Yeah and Matt Bonner is a better shooter than Ray Allen.

sure klay is better pure shooter. But if the question is in game contested shooter. Then its Kawhi by a landslide.

Franklin
09-07-2014, 10:02 PM
agree, I can hit 5-6 threes in a row without defense but that doesn't make me a competent basketball player when I'm only 5'7 and would get blocked each and every time in a real game.