PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Love: Quit worrying about me and focus on your team

Chris
08-27-2014, 12:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11417244/kevin-love-cleveland-cavaliers-says-minnesota-timberwolves-owner-focus-own-team?ex_cid=sportscenterFB

New Cleveland Cavaliers forward Kevin Love has a message for Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor: Quit worrying about me and focus on your team instead.

Kevin Love is not signing a contract extension with the Cavs right now? Here's why, Brian Windhorst writes.

Love, appearing on ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike" on Wednesday morning, responded to comments made by Taylor, who said Tuesday that the All-Star forward may get exposed for his play on the defensive end and may wind up being the scapegoat if the new-look Cavs struggle.

"I think emotions are definitely running high right now," Love told "Mike & Mike." "For Glen to say that, I just think that he should be focusing on the players that he just received. I mean, he has two of the No. 1 picks in the last two drafts: Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett. He has another guy who can really play in Thaddeus Young.

"I think he got a lot for me. So I'd be focusing even more on that. More than anything, I'm just excited to start my time in Cleveland, get to work with my new teammates, and start with this new family here."

Love said Tuesday that he felt he had a good relationship with Taylor during his six seasons with the Timberwolves.

Taylor, meanwhile, took to the radio to offer his thoughts on how Love will fare in Cleveland.

"I think where maybe he got away with some stuff not playing defense on our team, I'm not sure that's how it's going to work in Cleveland," Taylor said on ESPN Radio 1500 AM in the Twin Cities on Tuesday. "I would guess they're going to ask him to play more defense, and he's foul-prone.

"I question Kevin if this is going to be the best deal for him, because I think he's going to be the third player on the team," Taylor added. "I don't think he's going to get a lot of credit if they do really well. I think he'll get blame if they don't do well. He's around a couple guys that are awful good."

Taylor also questioned the durability of Love, who has twice suffered a broken hand, which caused him to miss most of the 2012-13 season.

"The only thing I still have a question mark about is health," Taylor said. "I had that concern then [when they negotiated his previous contract], and I still have that concern. I think Cleveland should have that concern, too."

Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com contributed to this report.

Brazil
08-27-2014, 12:43 PM
:lol dat Glen Taylor is salty tbh

lefty
08-27-2014, 12:52 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/oUZqX2UgK2xnq/giphy.gif

Killakobe81
08-28-2014, 10:19 AM
:lol dat Glen Taylor is salty tbh

He is. But let's be honest those are the things he would say anyway to try and negotiate a contract down ... but cannot because they would alienate his "star" player. Now that he is gone he can be honest. Of course he is salty, but all scouts and GM's focus on faults more than positive attributes.

mavsfan1000
08-28-2014, 10:43 AM
He's in denial about his defense. We'll soon find out how much of a liability he is on that side of the floor.

Dex
08-28-2014, 11:36 AM

Dem white boy moves tbh.

Buddy Mignon
08-28-2014, 11:50 AM

Love is going to suffer in Cleveland.

Chinook
08-28-2014, 12:04 PM
Taylor has to worry about Rubio's demands of a five-year max extension now.

kobe4life
08-28-2014, 12:07 PM
Love will is definitely going to suffer by playing with the Great Satan. I look for Love's numbers all across the board to go down because of the Great Satan. The Great Satan has a desire to get rebound so watch Love's rebounds go down, also the Great Satan always has to lead his team in scoring thus Love's scoring will go down. Love is going to hate the Great Satan by the time the playoffs come around.

lefty
08-28-2014, 12:12 PM
Love is going to suffer in Cleveland.
:lol

unforeseen
08-28-2014, 01:21 PM
While Kobe is dead in LA.

DMC
08-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Very Dan Gibertish

Reck
08-28-2014, 05:35 PM
You guys just love misquoting what the dude actually said. Nowhere did I read where he told the owner to quit worrying about him or whatever.

Taylor is not wrong about Love's lack of defense but he's definitely salty as hell right now.

Chinook
08-28-2014, 05:42 PM
You guys just love misquoting what the dude actually said. Nowhere did I read where he told the owner to quit worrying about him or whatever.

Taylor is not wrong about Love's lack of defense but he's definitely salty as hell right now.

First line: "New Cleveland Cavaliers forward Kevin Love has a message for Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor: Quit worrying about me and focus on your team instead."

Actual quote: "I just think that he should be focusing on the players that he just received."

hater
08-28-2014, 05:50 PM
this just means Love will be back in Minny in about 3 years :lol